**Official Class of 2021 Thread** !

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
You are doing it wrong. You need to go to thrift stores and estate sales to pick up vinyls. Paying retail for vinyl makes me wallet hurt.

it was a signed vinyl from an artist that was sold for 1 day on their website. 40 bucks for a signed vinyl, t shirt, digital album is a good deal imo

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
it was a signed vinyl from an artist that was sold for 1 day on their website. 40 bucks for a signed vinyl, t shirt, digital album is a good deal imo
We have very different definitions of a good deal. :)

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I found a couch on the street and it was only missing ONE cushion!! :greedy::greedy::greedy:

U took it home?

Idk, the thought of using some random person's couch grosses me out. who knows what kinky stuff they did on it or who puked/peed/poo'd on it.

U took it home?

Idk, the thought of using some random person's couch grosses me out. who knows what kinky stuff they did on it or who puked/peed/poo'd on it.
I was drunk. Managed to get it into the bottom floor of my gf's walkup with a couple friends. We left it there overnight and it was gone by the morning.

I don't think I would touch it with a 10 foot pole while sober lol

Reactions: 5 users
I was drunk. Managed to get it into the bottom floor of my gf's walkup with a couple friends. We left it there overnight and it was gone by the morning.

I don't think I would touch it with a 10 foot pole while sober lol

Ah I see dirty Mike and the boys got a free couch

Reactions: 7 users
U took it home?

Wait, that's a bad thing? Look at Mr. Moneybags over here, buying his couches without the filth.

Reactions: 4 users
Wait, that's a bad thing? Look at Mr. Moneybags over here, buying his couches without the filth.
When I buy my furniture from anywhere besides Craigslist I'll know I truly made it

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone here collect vinyls?

Just ordered my first vinyl and now have a strong urge to collect more

I buy some, but I'm not really a collector per se. Most of the records I buy are newer (within the last 10 or so years) or special edition/signed stuff, so I mostly buy new. Plus, it's sooo time consuming to go through racks of used vinyl, though I've been able to cop a few ones for super cheap and those deals make the trip totally worth it.

Reactions: 1 user
As someone who has had bedbugs (thanks douchebag who lived above me and never told the landlord you had bedbugs for over a year :X), I will never ever buy or take used furniture. It was such an expensive and stressful process that it's not worth the risk IMO.
What happens?? Do you end up throwing half your stuff out? bed bugs sounds like a real nightmare

As someone who has had bedbugs (thanks douchebag who lived above me and never told the landlord you had bedbugs for over a year :X), I will never ever buy or take used furniture. It was such an expensive and stressful process that it's not worth the risk IMO.
Oh man that sounds like a nightmare. Also how did they live with that for a year?! That's insane.

It was really bad. Basically had to put everything that was fabric (every item of clothing i own, blankets, etc) from my apartment through the dyer (heat kills the bedbugs). Things that I couldn't put through the dryer (like books, shoes, etc) i had to pack up in airtight containers for 1+ year so they'd die before they were open. Electronics had to be visually inspected etc. Then an exterminator came 3 times and had to have every single thing in bags and away from the walls. They sprayed the mattress/boxspring/furniture. Had to vacuum every day while going through the treatment. Plus the added stress of not being able to sleep once you discover the bedbugs, but having to act as "bait" and "sleep" in your bed so that the bedbugs would cross the pesticides they sprayed. I ended up throwing away at least 20 garbage bags worth of stuff that I decided "wasn't worth the risk of keeping" (kind of regret some of the things I threw out tbh). It was really terrible, but the pesticides did work so I'm a success story lol.

I imagine you telling this story while sitting at a campfire and holding a flashlight under your chin. Chilling!

Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone here collect vinyls?

Just ordered my first vinyl and now have a strong urge to collect more
Sister works for a major music label so we get them for free...but it is nothing classic, more Ariana Grande, Taylor Swift type vinyls.

Sister works for a major music label so we get them for free...but it is nothing classic, more Ariana Grande, Taylor Swift type vinyls.

THAT'S AWESOME. There are still some good music coming out of major music labels if you look hard enough. I would love to get free vinyl just to hear what's out there and not necessarily for collecting.

We bought the same package I'm sure lol. Idk if it's a deal so much as I wanted it and bought it haha

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using SDN mobile

So where to buy decent, cheap semi professional clothing? Not formal but respectable.

So where to buy decent, cheap semi professional clothing? Not formal but respectable.
Hit up any outlets right after sales are over! I don't really shop nor enjoy shopping but I typically pick up a bunch of name brand button downs, pants etc at awesome prices at outlet malls after July 4th sales and events like that

Hit up any outlets right after sales are over! I don't really shop nor enjoy shopping but I typically pick up a bunch of name brand button downs, pants etc at awesome prices at outlet malls after July 4th sales and events like that
You smaht

I shop around on ebay. Brooks brothers is the store i would go to if i died and heaven was a store, you can get $500 pieces for 40-70 bucks used. I rather buy used clothing made from superior materials than decent clothing brand new. But im not allowed to buy any more clothing until medical school starts because I am a shopaholic/clothing fanatic

Today is my MCAT anniversary. So glad I got out of that abusive relationship.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 19 users
Has anyone else not turned down their other acceptances?

Why am I finding this so difficult?

Has anyone else not turned down their other acceptances?

Why am I finding this so difficult?

I get the anxiety thing but I don't understand why it's so difficult, I mean...

Do you want your deposit back or nah? 'Cause if nah, Ill use it if you won't.

Anyone have any tips for a long distance newbie?? Medical school will probably be the first time in 6 years that I've lived further than 30 min from my SO.

Anyone have any tips for a long distance newbie?? Medical school will probably be the first time in 6 years that I've lived further than 30 min from my SO.

How far apart will y'all be?

I'm by no means an expert because I just started an LDR with my SO of 4 years back in July when he started grad school (3 hours driving distance). The things that have worked best for us so far are regular phone calls/Skype calls to talk about each others days or to just sit on the cam together doing our own things. Also Rabbit has been great for us to watch Netflix or basketball games together. We make an effort to see each other at least once a month and plan out our trips several weeks in advance, so we have a date to look forward to. It's not ideal obviously, but it's been working pretty well so far!

How far apart will y'all be?

I'm by no means an expert because I just started an LDR with my SO of 4 years back in July when he started grad school (3 hours driving distance). The things that have worked best for us so far are regular phone calls/Skype calls to talk about each others days or to just sit on the cam together doing our own things. Also Rabbit has been great for us to watch Netflix or basketball games together. We make an effort to see each other at least once a month and plan out our trips several weeks in advance, so we have a date to look forward to. It's not ideal obviously, but it's been working pretty well so far!
That's encouraging!! Thanks! :)

It sort of depends on what school I choose (AHHH I NEED TO CHOOSE), but not in driving distance (~9 hours). I think it's like a 1.5-2 hour flight though.

Last edited:
Been in a LDR for 3+ years. Feel free to PM me with more specific information. Nightly phone calls, Skype dates on the weekends. Texting. COMMUNICATION IS EVERYTHING. Making an effort to see each other (even when expensive). Lots of positive advice and reminders that you love them. Several late night tearful phone calls. My favorite was face timing to watch a show on netflix together! Felt almost normal.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
When a school that rejected you suggests you apply to their podiatry school...

let%20me%20stop%20you%20right%20there.JPG

Reactions: 13 users
Just "accepted" my financial aid offer of mostly loans!

e12.png

Reactions: 24 users
Withdrew from my other schools today. It was pretty gut-wrenching, and I'm still a little sad, but I'm relieved to have my decision finalized!