**Official Class of 2021 Thread** !

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
"Hey @Astra , do you want to relive the hell that is the application cycle again and remind yourself of just how much money you blew?"
giphy.gif

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 7 users
Was just thinking the same thing. I wish it filtered this out for those of us who have the (accepted) status.
I can't imagine the physicians or advisers who frequent this board appreciate it much either. :rofl:

Members don't see this ad :)
meh, i would let it go, the men in this forum also are exposed to tampon commercials on television everyday. No big deal,All I know is that wings are supposed to be awesome, and a glass of anti-freeze or read wine is the standard for measuring absorptive power.

Reactions: 1 user
meh, i would let it go, the men in this forum also are exposed to tampon commercials on television everyday. No big deal,All I know is that wings are supposed to be awesome, and a glass of anti-freeze or read wine is the standard for measuring absorptive power.

9ac.jpg

Reactions: 8 users

Wings refer to the structural component of the pads being sold and the absorptive measurements using proxies refer to a certain bodily fluid associated with the commercial's product.

Wings refer to the structural component of the pads being sold and the absorptive measurements using proxies refer to a certain bodily fluid associated with the commercial's product.
9ac.jpg

Reactions: 6 users
Damn, sometimes I wish I was a hot girl. Anyone else? No?

really? why? I can confirm/deny any preconceived notions you have on the matter.

:angelic:
Yeah, but he is going to have to pay you in stethoscopes for the privilege.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
really? why? I can confirm/deny any preconceived notions you have on the matter.

:angelic:
Nothing political, I just wanna feel my boobies a lllllllll day.

Reactions: 4 users
Damn, sometimes I wish I was a hot girl. Anyone else? No?
I actually saw my first catcalling incident yesterday. Was not jealous. 3 gangster dudes blasting rap music all just yelling stuff out the window at this poor resident/nurse/PCT/whathaveyou waiting at her bus stop. I wanted to say something but I also thought there was a strong possibility of getting shot, and she was doing a pretty great job at deflecting.

Reactions: 1 users
I actually saw my first catcalling incident yesterday. Was not jealous. 3 gangster dudes blasting rap music all just yelling stuff out the window at this poor resident/nurse/PCT/whathaveyou waiting at her bus stop. I wanted to say something but I also thought there was a strong possibility of getting shot, and she was doing a pretty great job at deflecting.

Deflecting bullets?

I FINALLY get to join this thread. After 40 secondaries, 4 IIs and 3 post-II rejections, I finally got my first acceptance to a school I added in October.

Reactions: 16 users
I FINALLY get to join this thread. After 40 secondaries, 4 IIs and 3 post-II rejections, I finally got my first acceptance to a school I added in October.

Congrats!

Question is, how strong is your meme game?

Reactions: 3 users
So I just got a 25k scholarship from a school that I like but did not love. The school that I had a really great fit for is all loans atm. They are similarly ranked. Wtf do I do??

So I just got a 25k scholarship from a school that I like but did not love. The school that I had a really great fit for is all loans atm. They are similarly ranked. Wtf do I do??
How are you still holding multiple aceptances. And did you just recurve a scholarship off the wait-list?

Reactions: 2 users
How are you still holding multiple aceptances. And did you just recurve a scholarship off the wait-list?
Yeah I literally just received a scholarship off the waitlist. They're trying to poach me from my other school which hasn't given me any money. I'll probably end up denying the acceptance and scholarship though.

Post a thread in School X vs Y.

Things to consider in the mean time.

Total CoA of each school

Career prospects at each school

How/Why school 1 is a better fit

Yeah I literally just received a scholarship off the waitlist. They're trying to poach me from my other school which hasn't given me any money. I'll probably end up denying the acceptance and scholarship though.
Ha ha ha I love it. AECOM been giving us a hard time. Now it's time for us to tell them we not so interested. Got a full tuition scholarship elsewhere so this will be the least painful no thanks I have to give. They got to George town levels this cycle

yasssssss Congrats!!!!

Ha ha ha I love it. AECOM been giving us a hard time. Now it's time for us to tell them we not so interested. Got a full tuition scholarship elsewhere so this will be the least painful no thanks I have to give. They got to George town levels this cycle
Rant time

Screw aecom man. At the end of the interview he goes on and on about how he'd love to see me at the school and I was one of the best interviewers in a while yada yada. My interviewer spent 30 minutes asking me the same set of questions on "why I'd go to aecom if accepted at nyu/Sinai/Cornell" or how aecom differs from those programs. He must've been fishing for some specific answer because I eventually got a nice post-II rejection.

This was early in the cycle where I only had a rejection from one of those schools and hadn't even gotten interviews from the others. I actually loved the school and the students seemed so happy but I literally couldn't comment on the manhattan programs because I didn't get interviews there (at that point in the cycle) and hadn't researched them much at all.

The entire experience left such a bad taste in my mouth. Guess it all worked out since I'm matriculating at one of those programs now anyway lol

Reactions: 5 users
Yeah 25k scholarship is nice but I like columbus and they have good scholarships post-1st year that I can get.

The scholarship makes the tuition about equal anyways.

Last edited:
Rant time

Screw aecom man. At the end of the interview he goes on and on about how he'd love to see me at the school and I was one of the best interviewers in a while yada yada. My interviewer spent 30 minutes asking me the same set of questions on "why I'd go to aecom if accepted at nyu/Sinai/Cornell" or how aecom differs from those programs. He must've been fishing for some specific answer because I eventually got a nice post-II rejection.

This was early in the cycle where I only had a rejection from one of those schools and hadn't even gotten interviews from the others. I actually loved the school and the students seemed so happy but I literally couldn't comment on the manhattan programs because I didn't get interviews there (at that point in the cycle) and hadn't researched them much at all.

The entire experience left such a bad taste in my mouth. Guess it all worked out since I'm matriculating at one of those programs now anyway lol
Happened to me at a both my state schools. Sucks, man.

Greetings all, I am now joining this thread. As is custom, I present this gif as my meme: a chow chow trapped in a bowl
giphy.gif

Reactions: 10 users
Greetings all, I am now joining this thread. As is custom, I present this gif as my meme: a chow chow trapped in a bowl
giphy.gif
wooo!!! welcome! That chow chow is so cute, though it definitely doesn't represent your situation....I mean being trapped in a bowl that is the med school app process... I'm very sure you're as cute as that chow chow ahem

Reactions: 2 users
wooo!!! welcome! That chow chow is so cute, though it definitely doesn't represent your situation....I mean being trapped in a bowl that is the med school app process... I'm very sure you're as cute as that chow chow ahem
Ah I see what you mean. My intention was to represent my future as an M1, fumbling around with my limited experience that is represented by the bowl, and, hopefully, one day escaping the bowl to realize my true potential.

Also, I'M NOT CUTE I'M VICOUS LIKE THIS HIPPO

Damn full tuition scholarship, i'm jelly. Where are you attending?

This is a bit cheeky but anyone think I could leverage the acceptance/scholarship from School #2 to get some from School #1?