**Official Class of 2021 Thread** !

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Reactions: 3 users
Just got off the WL at my #1 school in Texas! Already held an acceptance but it felt like I was getting accepted all over again :D

Reactions: 10 users
Just got off the WL at my #1 school in Texas! Already held an acceptance but it felt like I was getting accepted all over again :D
**** YEAH DUDE! Congrats!!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Silicon Valley is killing it this season. Just like every other season.

Mother F***, Jian yang!

Reactions: 1 users
So this is all fun and games until you see the course load for fall semester and then your like

1554.gif

Reactions: 4 users
That's a hella big monkey

Actually, its an ape. Monkeys are smaller and tend to have tails.

Finally, that sociology class is paying off.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Actually, its an ape. Monkeys are smaller and tend to have tails.

Finally, that sociology class is paying off.
You are a witty little chap aren't you.

Do we address residents as Dr. [Potatoes]?

Wondering so I don't put my foot in my mouth on day 1.

I called one Dr. [Potatoes] and the OR staff all laughed at me because they treat him like a student still. Apparently it was the first time they'd heard him referred to as such. I mean technically residents are doctors, but I don't pretend to know the nuances of that social bubble.

Yes. After intern year people can moonlight, heck you can even hang a shingle and practice medicine legally. I would call everyone a doctor that you dont know, even the patients, the NPs and the nurses. You are the lowest totem on the poll.

I called one Dr. [Potatoes] and the OR staff all laughed at me because they treat him like a student still. Apparently it was the first time they'd heard him referred to as such. I mean technically residents are doctors, but I don't pretend to know the nuances of that social bubble.

Good rule of thumb is to just refer to them by whatever name/title they use when you first meet. Most everyone at my hospital prefers first name, and I'm just a lowly research grunt. I still use "Dr. [Potato]" if I don't know them that well or if they're a chief or something, though. I can't imagine a sane resident who would care one way or the other.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm on waitlists at two places I always thought I'd consider changing my decision for, but lately I've been thinking that I may stick with my original choice regardless. I'm trying to decide if that's because the original school truly is the one for me, or because I'm just so so sick of uncertainty and decision making after this year and ready to move forward haha. Just weeding through these thoughts just in case. Anyone else?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Thanks a lot! It's funny, because I had this crazy travel debacle going up to interview there (travel agent booked a hotel that was 3 hours away from the school, didn't find out until 10 minutes before we left) and I missed the first half of the interview and all the info from the school. I might have to fly up there to check it out.

Congrats! But,

Let me get this straight: You pay for someone to google and book hotel rooms for you? Why not cut out the middleman and just, you know, burn the money?

Congrats! But,

Let me get this straight: You pay for someone to google and book hotel rooms for you? Why not cut out the middleman and just, you know, burn the money?
Haha, we did it only for that interview. My wife and I were both at work, and the interview was like 2 weeks away from when I got the email. We were crunched for time and had such a particular schedule. The interview was on a Tuesday and I was out of vacation at work, so we had to fly out Monday night and come back tuesday night. We used her to map out the particulars, which she did poorly. It was the first and last time I'll use a travel agent, haha.

Haha, we did it only for that interview. My wife and I were both at work, and the interview was like 2 weeks away from when I got the email. We were crunched for time and had such a particular schedule. The interview was on a Tuesday and I was out of vacation at work, so we had to fly out Monday night and come back tuesday night. We used her to map out the particulars, which she did poorly. It was the first and last time I'll use a travel agent, haha.
You are saying that, all I am thinking is this is what you are doing.
giphy.gif

Reactions: 5 users
Just a warning to all of you itt: I am sitting at work not doing anything so I will be responsible for a lot of your alerts today.
Thanks.
-JB50

You are saying that, all I am thinking is this is what you are doing.
giphy.gif
Omg, we literally maxed out our credit cards during interview season. Which we are still paying off. That pile of money would be the 2 nickels we have to rub together

Omg, we literally maxed out our credit cards during interview season. Which we are still paying off. That pile of money would be the 2 nickels we have to rub together
That's a lot of nickels.

I'm on waitlists at two places I always thought I'd consider changing my decision for, but lately I've been thinking that I may stick with my original choice regardless. I'm trying to decide if that's because the original school truly is the one for me, or because I'm just so so sick of uncertainty and decision making after this year and ready to move forward haha. Just weeding through these thoughts just in case. Anyone else?

We're right in the same scenario. I'm pretty set on the school that accepted me outright- signed a lease and everything. But, I haven't officially withdrawn from the other two yet. Part of me just wants to see what will happen, part of me isn't ready to close that door just yet.

what's up 2021ers?? been quiet - everyone having a crazy weekend? i hope so!

p.s. - i love waking up and checking the pre-med MD page list of threads and seeing a little lock icon :angelic: time to get reading!

what's up 2021ers?? been quiet - everyone having a crazy weekend? i hope so!

p.s. - i love waking up and checking the pre-med MD page list of threads and seeing a little lock icon :angelic: time to get reading!
been apartment hunting! and eating a lot and sleeping a lot too haha

I literally sleep till 12 pm everyday and then think about finishing some paperwork and immunizations for med school but end up putting it off. Been binging alot of shows though.

I literally sleep till 12 pm everyday and then think about finishing some paperwork and immunizations for med school but end up putting it off. Been binging alot of shows though.
LOL do your immunizations! what if you need boosters??:nailbiting:

Bought a house.
They want these annoying quantitative titers that cost an arm and a leg.

Reactions: 1 users
Not all insurances are the same. They were 500 dollars at the local quest labs.

Wow that sucks. I remember looking at the breakdown of what my insurance was charged for all of my ****, and it was over $1200. Crazy chit man

Not all insurances are the same. They were 500 dollars at the local quest labs.
Just want to say: when you are a doctor and if you are in charge of choosing reference labs please do not choose Quest. They lose specimens, they run specimens that shouldn't be ran. Just shady practices all around. They are reckless and only in it for the profit and not the wellbeing of patients.

Just want to say: when you are a doctor and if you are in charge of choosing reference labs please do not choose Quest. They lose specimens, they run specimens that shouldn't be ran. Just shady practices all around. They are reckless and only in it for the profit and not the wellbeing of patients.

LabCorp masterrace

LabCorp masterrace

LabCorp has some pretty awful service from what I've heard. No-shows for pick ups, storing specimens at incorrect temperatures and then blaming the clinics. Idk.

LabCorp has some pretty awful service from what I've heard. No-shows for pick ups, storing specimens at incorrect temperatures and then blaming the clinics. Idk.

I don't actually know if they're better or not lol. Just ****posting. Although I personally have had better experiences with labcorp as a patient vs quest.

I don't actually know if they're better or not lol. Just ****posting. Although I personally have had better experiences with labcorp as a patient vs quest.

Patients have an incredibly poor time trying to judge the quality of their hospital's reference lab. Lots of n=1 experiences and can't identify overall trends. Trust me when I say that the back-of-the-house staff is suuuper unqualified for their jobs. Society is hanging by a thread and it's a miracle more mistakes don't happen.

All of these forms take a while!
I still need the proof of insurance, the second tuberculosis PPD test, the drug test, the fingerprinting, the varicella titer, the cure for ADHD, the blood of a Virgin, and Donald Trump's Twitter password...

Reactions: 8 users
All of these forms take a while!
I still need the proof of insurance, the second tuberculosis PPD test, the drug test, the fingerprinting, the varicella titer, the cure for ADHD, the blood of a Virgin, and Donald Trump's Twitter password...
LOLLLL

Luther all done! It was a great ride!! daredevil next