*~*~* Official Class of 2023 Thread *~*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I know that schools vary in how they evaluate primary and secondary apps but everytime an app asks "WHY MD/PhD" I'm tempted to just write "as I stated in my TWO personal statements and 10, 000 character research description and is affirmed by every single one of my PIs who you explicitly stated to obtain a letter of reference from..."
I love this. Wish I could like it 999999999999 times

Members don't see this ad.

*submits paper rebuttal*
Wow I sure do hope my paper is accepted in time for interviews

*fills out 23 MD/PhD secondaries, half of which ask you about pubs and turns them in*
*paper is accepted*

Lmao. Very happy but now I have to upload updates manually to all the schools that allow me to do that pre interview.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Only 2 more secondaries left for me, so close to being done. Too bad one of them is duke :dead:

You can do it! I knocked it out by opening a bottle of wine and then editing sober the next day lol
I legitimately believe you would have a better chance of admission by filling out USC's secondary while drinking.

Reactions: 2 users
I legitimately believe you would have a better chance of admission by filling out USC's secondary while drinking.
for the nickname prompt: Tequila Tony!

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks, got another II (ARCOM) while out to lunch. Both interviews are scheduled and now I'm getting nervous :D

Nice. I'm hoping once my MCAT score is in on Tuesday, the interviews will come (along with the other 3 secondaries from the schools that screen).

No reason to be nervous. Just be your best self lol.

Reactions: 1 users
Thanks, got another II (ARCOM) while out to lunch. Both interviews are scheduled and now I'm getting nervous :D

Congrats! Sending you all the good vibes with those IIs (and hopefully many more to come)!

my dad: so what are your top choices?

me: ucsf or hms/mit.

my dad: so why did you apply to so many? Just apply to those!

lmao thanks for believing in me dad!

Reactions: 6 users
my dad: so what are your top choices?

me: ucsf or hms/mit.

my dad: so why did you apply to so many? Just apply to those!

lmao thanks for believing in me dad!

Lol my dad is the same way but he at least somewhat understands when I explain to him. My mom on the other hand is just funny because she has no idea about anything to do with this so I get a lot of funny questions from her. I mentioned one of my state schools and she was like "is that the number 1 school?" :rolleyes:

Lol my dad is the same way but he at least somewhat understands when I explain to him. My mom on the other hand is just funny because she has no idea about anything to do with this so I get a lot of funny questions from her. I mentioned one of my state schools and she was like "is that the number 1 school?" :rolleyes:

Haha, I have basically been spending this entire year trying to explain to my mom the med school application process, and I think she eventually gave up because she's stopped asking about it. All she ever really says now is "Why does this whole process seem so stressful?" Though my non-premed friends are probably the most confused of them all.

That’s kind of like my parents. They don’t get why I applied to more than just my number 1 choice lol.

Reactions: 1 user
Though my non-premed friends are probably the most confused of them all.

Lol no one is more confused than my family back in Egypt.
"Are you accepted yet??" Nope still filling out secondaries
"You finished secondaries! Who accepted you??" Still waiting for interviews

I'm pretty sure they're gonna give up even asking soon :laugh::rofl:

Reactions: 3 users
Haha, I have basically been spending this entire year trying to explain to my mom the med school application process, and I think she eventually gave up because she's stopped asking about it. All she ever really says now is "Why does this whole process seem so stressful?" Though my non-premed friends are probably the most confused of them all.
Non-premed friends: come out tonight
Me: cant, gotta write my secondary essays
Non-premed friends: I thought you did that last night...

No one seems to understand when we say we've got 100 essays to write we actually mean 100

Reactions: 5 users

No one seems to understand when we say we've got 100 essays to write we actually mean 100

Yah, everyone seems to think I'm exaggerating. And when they finally do believe me, they think I'm insane for deciding to do this to myself. :arghh:

Literally me every day. I keep telling them, just wait until July is over and I will be freeeeeeeee. Although it looks like I'm a little behind what I planned and might end up needing the first week of August too.

I'm annoyed at myself for thinking this way but I am going to be on edge thinking there was something wrong with my app until I get an interview.

You don't understand the neuroticism until you're living it :confused:

Reactions: 5 users
I'm annoyed at myself for thinking this way but I am going to be on edge thinking there was something wrong with my app until I get an interview.

Amen, brother. I was trying not to think about the fact that my score comes out tomorrow when my phone decided to be a dick.

IMG_4817.PNG

Amen, brother. I was trying not to think about the fact that my score comes out tomorrow when my phone decided to be a dick.

View attachment 238100

:laugh: i remember being anxious for my score the night before and then I totally forgot about it the day of due to a huge issue I had at work and then I saw my score and it made up for the terrible day I had lol

:laugh: i remember being anxious for my score the night before and then I totally forgot about it the day of due to a huge issue I had at work and then I saw my score and it made up for the terrible day I had lol

Infinity War comes out on Amazon tomorrow. Either my score will make up for being sad about the end of that movie or the movie being out will make up for my score. I'm not sure which. My confidence has been swinging violently from "I totally got a 528" to "Please God let it be above 500" from moment to moment.

I'm glad I'm not the only one feeling this way!

Literally me every day. I keep telling them, just wait until July is over and I will be freeeeeeeee. Although it looks like I'm a little behind what I planned and might end up needing the first week of August too.

It's ok, you got this!
I still haven't received any secondaries (Primary submitted but not confirmed d/t FAP delays), so I'll be working my tail off for at least midway through August.

Infinity War comes out on Amazon tomorrow. Either my score will make up for being sad about the end of that movie or the movie being out will make up for my score. I'm not sure which. My confidence has been swinging violently from "I totally got a 528" to "Please God let it be above 500" from moment to moment.

Idk if you want to tell anyone but if you're ok with it please update us on your MCAT score! I feel like everyone here is anxiously waiting along with you :p I hope it went great!

My score actually came out on my birthday and everyone was pressuring me to check it and I refused out of sheer terror. I didn't cave until the very end of the day but thank God, it was the perfect birthday gift!! I'm sure you'll be okay :cat:

My score actually came out on my birthday and everyone was pressuring me to check it and I refused out of sheer terror. I didn't cave until the very end of the day but thank God, it was the perfect birthday gift!! I'm sure you'll be okay :cat:

Yes, I was very happy with my score! :)

Idk if you want to tell anyone but if you're ok with it please update us on your MCAT score! I feel like everyone here is anxiously waiting along with you :p I hope it went great!

Ended up getting a 519 (131/129/131/128). Very, very happy. :)

Reactions: 11 users