***Official Midwestern-Arizona Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Acceptance, gonna go relearn how to breathe for a min

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
IF anyone can bump some useful information to the top, that'd be great.

Cause I feel we have 30 days to make a decision .. but how are you others planning on handling this checklist and anything else we have to do???

Just curious - no immediate response needed for this Q

Members don't see this ad :)
IF anyone can bump some useful information to the top, that'd be great.

Cause I feel we have 30 days to make a decision .. but how are you others planning on handling this checklist and anything else we have to do???

Just curious - no immediate response needed for this Q
You have 30 days to accept. You have more time than that to do the checklist. Mine wasn't finished until like a week before orientation

Reactions: 2 users
Got the call earlier this morning!!

Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys so under the MWU portal if theres things listed under accepted student checklist does that mean I got in?

Did you guys get emails too or just a call ?

Acceptance #1. I checked the portal around 10am EST and saw it had changed. Received a phone call around 10:45am EST.

Reactions: 1 users
Acceptance #1. I checked the portal around 10am EST and saw it had changed. Received a phone call around 10:45am EST.
Did you check it also earlier in the day, and it changed only when you checked it at 10?

I got the call about two hours ago, but nothing has changed on my portal, so keep your heads up!

Portal update at 8 am MST and call at 8:48 am MST

Members don't see this ad :)
Just received the phone call...ACCEPTED!

Whats everyones plan on how to pay back the high debt? Almost $500K in loans sounds pretty scary...

Did you check it also earlier in the day, and it changed only when you checked it at 10?

I stayed up until 2am looking at the portal and hoping for emails from other schools. I woke up at 10 and checked the portal and it was updated. I don't know if it updated at 4am, 8am, etc. I just know that it was updated when I checked at 10am.

Congrats. Don't rely on the AADSAS portal, mine hasn't updated since June or July for 9/11 schools and 4 schools never even appeared for me.

Whats everyones plan on how to pay back the high debt? Almost $500K in loans sounds pretty scary...

I'm not worried about it. MWU will make you a competent and efficient dentist due to the extensive clinical portion of the curriculum. You will be able to pay that off easily.

Reactions: 3 users
Does everyone have 6 credit hours of english comp? Being a bio major I only took 2 intensive writing courses.

Air Force HPSP in hand!
Mind giving a quick rundown on what the process for applying for the HPSP was like? I know it's too late for the 4 year scholarship, but I would like to start applying for the 3 year one.

All quiet on the western front...

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Accepted #2
10:30am OOS
Last name start with B
19AA
3.3GPA
^_^ good luck everyone

If we don't hear anything today does that mean we're rejected or waitlisted?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Mind giving a quick rundown on what the process for applying for the HPSP was like? I know it's too late for the 4 year scholarship, but I would like to start applying for the 3 year one.

So, if you are interested in the Air Force three year HPSP, you need to get in touch with a health care recruiter for your area as soon as possible. I believe that deadline is in January and the paperwork will take you some time to complete. I'm not sure when in January that is. But as far as what the process is like, its a lot of medical/security paperwork. You will have a questionnaire you have to submit some short responses to, so you want time to really think about what you want to say. They need to more than you just want to be a dentist. You need to be able to articulate why you want to be an Air Force dentist and an Air Force officer. The process was painless for the most part!

I'm going to be declining my acceptance offer. Good luck to everyone going to MWU-AZ!

I'm surprised they haven't said ANYTHING. Even if waitlisted or rejected weird to have not heard anything by now.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

So am I, but after looking into it, you're not out of the game until you get rejected. They will be filling the class little by little. I remember at the interviews a presenter said an individual was accepted the day before school was starting.

From MWU's site, "typically 75 percent of all admissions offers will be made by the end of December of the year prior to matriculation."

While you're chances are quite a bit lower at getting in after December, there is still a chance.

Last edited:
So am I, but after looking into it, you're not out of the game until you get rejected. They will be filling the class little by little. I remember at the interviews a presenter said an individual was accepted the day before school was starting.

From MWU's site, "typically 75 percent of all admissions offers will be made by the end of December of the year prior to matriculation."

While you're chances are quite a bit lower at getting in after December, there is still a chance.

Thanks for the info. Hopefully we hear good news in the near future

Thanks for the info. Hopefully we hear good news in the near future

Hopefully. It is disheartening to not hear good news on Dec. 1st, but at least there was no bad news either.

Has anyone started a Facebook page yet?

I've been wondering this too!

I was gonna start one earlier today and post it on here, but it says you must add a friend to start a group. Since I don't know anyone yet, how can I add them? If someone wants to start a Facebook page, shoot me a message and I'll give you my real name and we can add each other on Facebook and get a group started.

Accepted #2
10:30am OOS
Last name start with B
19AA
3.3GPA
^_^ good luck everyone

could you message me about your stats? i haven't received an email for interview and I have a 3.2 GPA and 19AA. when did you send your app?

I have an interview here this week! Any advice or anything I should be aware of regarding the interview here?

Status
Not open for further replies.