**Official PASS 2022 Endodontic Residency Interviews/Information**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
UAB interview via zoom for July 19th

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
My friend mentioned Harvard on July 9th, 16th and 23rd.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
NYU Langone Brooklyn site this morning (2nd round i guess?)

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
NYU Langone Brooklyn site this morning (2nd round i guess?)

Applicants who accept positions at other residencies will end up dropping out which will free up interview opportunities for others. Congrats on your interview!

Has anyone ever accepted an offer but later got an offer they really wanted and had to back away from the 1st offer? Is it even acceptable? I know I am ahead of myself. I haven’t gotten any offers yet. Unknown is killing me 🤦🏻‍♀️

Anyone know how soon offers are made after an interview?

Has anyone ever accepted an offer but later got an offer they really wanted and had to back away from the 1st offer? Is it even acceptable? I know I am ahead of myself. I haven’t gotten any offers yet. Unknown is killing me 🤦🏻‍♀️
You should withdraw from consideration after accepting an offer. Directors and chairs talk. It’s a small community. It’s your right to approach the process how you choose, but don’t enter the profession on a bad note. Just my opinion.

University of Florida interview sent via phone. Interview in person July 22nd

You should withdraw from consideration after accepting an offer. Directors and chairs talk. It’s a small community. It’s your right to approach the process how you choose, but don’t enter the profession on a bad note. Just my opinion.
I was thinking the same. Thank you for confirming it.

University of Alabama at Birmingham- Invites sent (July 19th)
Loma Linda University
University of California at Los Angeles
University of California at San Francisco- Invites sent (July 16th)
University of Southern California
University of the Pacific- Invites sent (July 28th)
University of Connecticut - Invites sent (July 14th and 15th)
Nova Southeastern University- Invites sent (July 7th and 8th)
University of Florida- Invites sent (July 22nd)
Georgia Regents University (Augusta Univ) - Invites sent (July 19th)
University of Illinois at Chicago- Invites sent (July 14th and 15th)

Southern Illinois
Indiana University- Invites sent (July 9th)
University of Iowa
University of Louisville- Invites sent (week of July 12th)
Louisiana State University - Invites sent (July 23rd)

University of Maryland
Boston University- Invites sent (July 12th and 19th)
Harvard University- Invites sent (July 9th, 16th and 23rd)
Tufts University- Invites sent (July 12th and 19th)

University of Detroit Mercy
University of Michigan
University of Minnesota- Invites sent (July 9th or 12th)
Saint Louis University - Invites sent (July 14th)
University of Missouri-Kansas City- Invites sent (July 22nd)
University of Nebraska- Invites sent (August 12th and 13th)

Rutgers School of Dental Medicine
Columbia University
NYU Langone (Lutheran Medical Center)- Invites sent (July 21st and 22nd)
NYU Langone Puerto Rico
New York University- Invites sent (July 22nd)
Stony Brook University- Invites sent (July 22nd)

University at Buffalo, The State University of New York
University of North Carolina
Case Western Reserve University
Ohio State University- Invites sent (July 15th and 16th)
Oregon Health & Science University - Invites sent (June 30th or July 7th)
Albert Einstein Medical Center- Invites sent (July 15th)

Temple University
University of Pennsylvania
University of Pittsburgh
Medical University of South Carolina - Invites sent (July 15th)
University of Tennessee Health Science Center
Texas A&M University Baylor College of Dentistry- Invites sent (July 12th)
University of Texas at Houston- Invites sent (July 16th)

University of Texas at San Antonio
Virginia Commonwealth University - Invites sent (July 16th)
University of Washington- Invites sent (July 9th or 12th)

West Virginia University
Marquette University
VA New York- Invites sent (Mid July)

Members don't see this ad :)
I had a similar question and I definitely understand this side and it's probably the more "ethical" one, but at the same time I was advised that you have to make the best decision for you. We worked years for this and it should be our earned right to interview at as many programs we feel is best for us. And then if you accept a position somewhere and then get accepted to your top choice, you respectfully call the program and say thank you but I have to decline. Have you seen things like this be done? What are your thoughts?

I had a similar question and I definitely understand this side and it's probably the more "ethical" one, but at the same time I was advised that you have to make the best decision for you. We worked years for this and it should be our earned right to interview at as many programs we feel is best for us. And then if you accept a position somewhere and then get accepted to your top choice, you respectfully call the program and say thank you but I have to decline. Have you seen things like this be done? What are your thoughts?

My coresident accepted an offer, interviewed at a much better program the same week, and accepted that offer. He called the first director and explained that his circumstances changed. First program director wasn't pleased, but honestly our program is much better and nobody would hold it against him. If the two acceptances had been several weeks apart, then that would be a bad look. But the first program will have no problem filling the spot. Directors have themselves to blame (collectively) for not doing a MATCH process. It is what it is. Generally only apply to programs you'd be willing to go to. But if you accept an offer to a $300k program and then get accepted to a $30k program the same week, you'd be an idiot to feel obligated for the first acceptance.

Reactions: 6 users
I see your point of view and totally understand it as well. It is our right to change our mind and the rejected program can always call the stand by candidates. Oh! I pray I don’t have to be in a situation like this. It’s just I was told that some schools give you an offer at the end of the interview and give you only 1-2 days to think about it. 😬 it’s not fare because interviews are spread all over July.

My coresident accepted an offer, interviewed at a much better program the same week, and accepted that offer. He called the first director and explained that his circumstances changed. First program director wasn't pleased, but honestly our program is much better and nobody would hold it against him. If the two acceptances had been several weeks apart, then that would be a bad look. But the first program will have no problem filling the spot. Directors have themselves to blame (collectively) for not doing a MATCH process. It is what it is. Generally only apply to programs you'd be willing to go to. But if you accept an offer to a $300k program and then get accepted to a $30k program the same week, you'd be an idiot to feel obligated for the first acceptance.
Good point!!!

When I was offered a spot the chair said if I accepted he would like me to not attend anymore interviews. So I wasn’t going to say sure, then go on more interviews. That’s just now how I am. So I’m not sure what others would have done in that situation. The program I decided to go to was top 3 in my program preferences so I was comfortable with the choice.

I do agree that you should look out for yourself and do what’s best for you during the process. You have worked hard and deserve what’s best for you. If the program doesn’t make any ultimatum, then I guess you can have a clear conscious while attending other interviews. I also agree with Uncle Joe that deciding to attend a $200K program over something much cheaper because you feel morally obligated is silly. Do what you feel comfortable with. As said, you could piss a program off, but if it’s in your best interest others would understand.

Reactions: 5 users
When I was offered a spot the chair said if I accepted he would like me to not attend anymore interviews. So I wasn’t going to say sure, then go on more interviews. That’s just now how I am. So I’m not sure what others would have done in that situation. The program I decided to go to was top 3 in my program preferences so I was comfortable with the choice.

I do agree that you should look out for yourself and do what’s best for you during the process. You have worked hard and deserve what’s best for you. If the program doesn’t make any ultimatum, then I guess you can have a clear conscious while attending other interviews. I also agree with Uncle Joe that deciding to attend a $200K program over something much cheaper because you feel morally obligated is silly. Do what you feel comfortable with. As said, you could piss a program off, but if it’s in your best interest others would understand.
I appreciate your honest response. There is no right answer. So many variables.

I see your point of view and totally understand it as well. It is our right to change our mind and the rejected program can always call the stand by candidates. Oh! I pray I don’t have to be in a situation like this. It’s just I was told that some schools give you an offer at the end of the interview and give you only 1-2 days to think about it. 😬 it’s not fare because interviews are spread all over July.
Great point! Do you know which schools let you know at the end of the interview?? It will be a tough call to tell them right away for sure...

Great point! Do you know which schools let you know at the end of the interview?? It will be a tough call to tell them right away for sure...
I don’t know exact schools that do that but I’ve heard that some do but they give you few days to think.

I thought I would chime in as this happened to me last application cycle.

My best advice is to be honest. I definitely would not recommend accepting a position and continuing to interview. In my case, I was offered positions while still having multiple interviews left, three of which were ranked higher as they were either paid or in my home state/region. I asked the directors of those programs if I could accept the position and continue to interview, which they obviously weren’t willing to allow. So I took the chance and declined the acceptances. Very risky, but in my opinion, being dishonest is riskier, and I wasn’t willing to not attend the interviews I had left on the table.

I would say just weigh the pros and cons for yourself. For me, the pros that would come along with being in or near my home state were worth the risk to decline positions. I’m glad I handled it the way I did as it ended up working out.

Being in a program now, I definitely see what a tight knit community endo is. These directors definitely talk.

Reactions: 6 users
I don’t know exact schools that do that but I’ve heard that some do but they give you few days to think.
I thought I would chime in as this happened to me last application cycle.

My best advice is to be honest. I definitely would not recommend accepting a position and continuing to interview. In my case, I was offered positions while still having multiple interviews left, three of which were ranked higher as they were either paid or in my home state/region. I asked the directors of those programs if I could accept the position and continue to interview, which they obviously weren’t willing to allow. So I took the chance and declined the acceptances. Very risky, but in my opinion, being dishonest is riskier, and I wasn’t willing to not attend the interviews I had left on the table.

I would say just weigh the pros and cons for yourself. For me, the pros that would come along with being in or near my home state were worth the risk to decline positions. I’m glad I handled it the way I did as it ended up working out.

Being in a program now, I definitely see what a tight knit community endo is. These directors definitely talk.
Thank you.

Hey guys.. I am kinda privy to information lol but Maryland will hold interviews on August4 for a first round. So I would assume you would get any invites within the next two weeks or so. So if you applied there that could ease your mind

BU zoom interview via email for July 26th, July 29th

Attachments

• E7A87D3D-F6A8-4210-A94F-2D4F4E1798D5.jpeg
    E7A87D3D-F6A8-4210-A94F-2D4F4E1798D5.jpeg
    19.6 KB · Views: 80
Loma Linda University

Southern Illinois
University of Iowa

University of Maryland- (August 4th)
Boston University- Invites sent (July 12th 19th, 26th, 29th)

University of Michigan
University of Minnesota- Invites sent (July 9th or 12th)

Columbia University
NYU Langone Puerto Rico

Ohio State University- Invites sent (July 15th and 16th)
Oregon Health & Science University - Invites sent (June 30th or July 7th)
Albert Einstein Medical Center- Invites sent (July 15th)

Temple University
University of Pittsburgh
University of Texas at Houston- Invites sent (July 16th)

West Virginia University
Marquette University

I am curious to why none of the SoCal schools(Loma Linda, USC, UCLA) has any news at all. Anyone got any clues?

I received an email stating that my application has been selected for further review
I received the one saying my application is complete and no further action is needed. But it didnt mention anything about further review

I am curious to why none of the SoCal schools(Loma Linda, USC, UCLA) has any news at all. Anyone got any clues? USC and UCLA interview in August

In the past they have sent invites towards the end of July

I've heard a rumor floating around that Creighton may be opening a residency program in Arizona in the near future. Has anyone heard information on this to be true? TIA

I submitted my PASS application on 5/25
Have all your LOR, NBDE, ADAT, Transcript uploaded to PASS prior to submitting on May 25? If it have, how were you able to get all those uploaded so fast to submit?

Anyone actually heard from Harvard? Via email or call? Is the interview via zoom?

Have all your LOR, NBDE, ADAT, Transcript uploaded to PASS prior to submitting on May 25? If it have, how were you able to get all those uploaded so fast to submit?
My last letter came in on 5/31. This is my second cycle that I’m applying, so I knew exactly what I needed and tried to gather everything prior to the application opening up. This way I could submit as early as possible.
I asked for LORs back in March/April, my ADAT was already sent to programs at the time I signed up for my exam, and I just requested my transcripts as soon as I was able to gain access to my new application. For me, I just wanted to get ahead and making sure I wasn’t waiting for anything by the time PASS opened.

Reactions: 2 users
I received the one saying my application is complete and no further action is needed. But it didnt mention anything about further review
Don't worry. The lady that sorts the applications said in the meet and greet today that they are under-staffed and she is still going through the applications.

Don't worry. The lady that sorts the applications said in the meet and greet today that they are under-staffed and she is still going through the applications.
How was the meet and greet? I wasn’t able to attend it unfortunately. Was it informal where you they just answer questions? And was the director there answering questions too?

Yeah. The program director and the residents answered questions. They had a short presentation about the history of the program and all that.

Folks quick question..anyone has a list of endo programs with the latest tution fees??Thanjs!

Does anyone know if UT Houston already sent out acceptances? How about other programs that have interviewed already? Good luck everyone!

What is the way to prepare for Interviews ?
Anyone willing to share there interview experiences? TIA

San Antonio Zoom interview on Friday, 7/30. Email was sent this morning.

Albert Einstein filled their 2 spots.

Loma Linda University

Southern Illinois
University of Iowa

University of Maryland- (August 4th)
Boston University- Invites sent (July 12th 19th, 26th, 29th)

University of Michigan
University of Minnesota- Class Filled

Columbia University
NYU Langone Puerto Rico

Ohio State University- Class Filled
Oregon Health & Science University - Class Filled
Albert Einstein Medical Center-
Class Filled

Temple University
University of Pittsburgh
University of Texas at Houston- Invites sent (July 30th)
- Invites sent (July 16th)

West Virginia University
Marquette University

What is the way to prepare for Interviews ?
Anyone willing to share there interview experiences? TIA
My best advice is to be yourself. I interviewed with 5 different programs this cycle, and they were all very different vibes. Most program directors are trying to select a class that will work well together and with the current residents, and you really have no idea what they're like until you meet them. It honestly feels like a first date. If you've gotten interviews, then you're qualified, it's more of a matter of where you will fit to succeed. Also, it doesn't hurt to read up on the program's research - it gives you a better idea of what they may ask you. Most of my interviews ended up talking about pets, things to do in the city, and just joking around. Others were tough, pointed, and stiff questions - but those programs also felt that way. I copied most of the following list from post #53, but have added in some other questions I was asked.

Why endodontics? (this was asked by almost everyone)
Tell me about your experiences since dental school
Tell me a little about yourself?
Why did you want to be a dentist?
What differentiates you from other candidates? Why should we select you over the others? Be careful not to throw others under the bus since you really don't know them well enough to make that assessment.
What would make you a good resident?
3 strengths
3 weakness
Give me an example of teamwork?
How will you contribute to our program? What can you bring to the table?
Do you handle criticism well?
Tell me about a recent failure and how you handled it?
Are you a member of the AAE?
Why do you want to be board certified?
What is your greatest success? Failure?
What is your least/favorite aspect of treatment?
What makes you think you will succeed in residency?
How is your time management?
What kind of endo will you like (NSRCT, SRCT, retreat)?
Are you involved in a study club?
What endodontic systems do you use?
What kind of cases do you do?
Any last minute comments?
What are some qualities that you have that would set you apart as a good resident?
Tell us about a time you had a disagreement with someone.
Why do you want to do Endo?
What are your strengths and weaknesses?
If you could go to dinner with anyone in history who would it be and why?
What’s your biggest accomplishment?
How will you take care of the underserved community?
Are you active in organized dentistry?
Tell us about your research experience.
What questions do you have about the program?
What are some qualities that you have that would set you apart as a good resident?
Tell us about a time you had a disagreement with someone.
What are your strengths and weaknesses?
If you could go to dinner with anyone in history who would it be and why?
What’s your biggest accomplishment?
How will you take care of the underserved community?
Are you active in organized dentistry?
Tell us about your research experience.
What questions do you have about the program?

No one asked for a portfolio of cases. It honestly would have seemed pretty pretentious to bring one, but maybe some programs do that.

Link: endodontic residency 2021 application

Link: endodontic residency 2021 application

Reactions: 5 users