• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

joker

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 15, 2003
Status (Visible)
Hey all...I'm pretty excited about going to Penn next year...just wanted to see who some of my future classmates are gonna be. Also, anyone who has thoughts/info about Penn...feel free to contribute. Penn was my first choice all the way, and I still can't believe I got in! Any going to the Penn Preview?

niema

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 22, 2004
New Jersey
Status (Visible)
Hey joker!

I will definately be attending both penn preview and penn MSTP next year. It was also my first choice. I actually just got back from philly, where i was apt shopping. the area around rittenhouse sq is just fabulous, with lots of penn transportation stops. i am very excited about both attending penn and living in philly. pm me if you want to chat.

About the Ads

Turgenev13

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 27, 2003
Philadelphia
Status (Visible)
I hope everyone had a great Penn Preview weekend. I attended mine early because I am graduating this weekend, but I'm definately attending Penn. I wish I could have met you in person at the Preview, but I look forward to meeting all of you this fall/summer.

Andy Edmondson

Entol

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2003
Status (Visible)
Anyone know when Penn's orientation starts in 2004 or have last yr's date? I might be out of the country for a bit and would love to know.

Entol

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2003
Status (Visible)
thanks! is there anywhere to get more info on when classes start etc?

nycgal said:
i think penn's orientation starts wednesday 8/11.

ImmunoANT

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 10, 2003
Philly
Status (Visible)
gee, I was just wondering where this thread is....

can't wait to see you guys this fall! :laugh:

JM: who is your significant other?

Grumpy Bear

not even a little grumpy!
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 17, 2003
Status (Visible)
Yeah I was wondering where this thread was, too. What is everyone up to? I just found myself a [email protected] place to live in west philly. I'm getting really excited for the year to start! (A sentiment that I'm sure will seem ridiculous by September) :laugh:

kiwicat

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 5, 2004
Status (Visible)
Since I know it's hard to get into Penn, I'm assuming that many of you on this thread turned down some other top places....would you kindly (for the sake of us wait-listees at other schools) post where you got in (and thus turned down)?

thanks! and congrats to you all!!!

Newquagmire

15+ Year Member
Oct 30, 2002
Neuronix said:
Big ups to the second longest first year in the nation :) The only one that's longer is Duke's.

Baylor's is pretty long too, no? Freakin orientation begins July 26th and M1s only get 1 month summer vacation...

Neuronix

Total nerd
Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
15+ Year Member
Mar 14, 2002
the beach
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Newquagmire said:
Baylor's is pretty long too, no? Freakin orientation begins July 26th and M1s only get 1 month summer vacation...

Yeah, I dunno now... I heard the stat last year when I started at Penn, but who knows if it was right then or is still right. It's still so freaking long :) We don't get much summer vacation either (~2 months), and then in our class they told us towards the beginning of the year "Oh, by the way, we're shortening your summer vacation by a week." They weren't very long to begin with!

Oh well...

About the Ads
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.