**OFFICIAL** UPENN Class of 2008 Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

joker

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all...I'm pretty excited about going to Penn next year...just wanted to see who some of my future classmates are gonna be. Also, anyone who has thoughts/info about Penn...feel free to contribute. Penn was my first choice all the way, and I still can't believe I got in! Any going to the Penn Preview?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey joker!

I will definately be attending both penn preview and penn MSTP next year. It was also my first choice. I actually just got back from philly, where i was apt shopping. the area around rittenhouse sq is just fabulous, with lots of penn transportation stops. i am very excited about both attending penn and living in philly. pm me if you want to chat.

Members don't see this ad :)
can i put myself on as upenn mstp class of whenever girlfriend list...

I hope everyone had a great Penn Preview weekend. I attended mine early because I am graduating this weekend, but I'm definately attending Penn. I wish I could have met you in person at the Preview, but I look forward to meeting all of you this fall/summer.

Andy Edmondson

Anyone know when Penn's orientation starts in 2004 or have last yr's date? I might be out of the country for a bit and would love to know.

i think penn's orientation starts wednesday 8/11.

thanks! is there anywhere to get more info on when classes start etc?

nycgal said:
i think penn's orientation starts wednesday 8/11.

gee, I was just wondering where this thread is....

can't wait to see you guys this fall! :laugh:

JM: who is your significant other?

Yeah I was wondering where this thread was, too. What is everyone up to? I just found myself a kick@ss place to live in west philly. I'm getting really excited for the year to start! (A sentiment that I'm sure will seem ridiculous by September) :laugh:

Since I know it's hard to get into Penn, I'm assuming that many of you on this thread turned down some other top places....would you kindly (for the sake of us wait-listees at other schools) post where you got in (and thus turned down)?

thanks! and congrats to you all!!!

Neuronix said:
Big ups to the second longest first year in the nation :) The only one that's longer is Duke's.

Baylor's is pretty long too, no? Freakin orientation begins July 26th and M1s only get 1 month summer vacation...

Newquagmire said:
Baylor's is pretty long too, no? Freakin orientation begins July 26th and M1s only get 1 month summer vacation...

Yeah, I dunno now... I heard the stat last year when I started at Penn, but who knows if it was right then or is still right. It's still so freaking long :) We don't get much summer vacation either (~2 months), and then in our class they told us towards the beginning of the year "Oh, by the way, we're shortening your summer vacation by a week." They weren't very long to begin with!

Oh well...