Oh, the Places I've Been WW - Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Don't want things to be so close we end up with a tie
We weren't exactly hitting a tie just now, and there's still plenty of time till close. Got any better reasons?

Members don't see this ad.

Because Mel Ain’t Nothing But a Spectator Unofficial Day 1 Lynch Tally

Sperrys (1) - Ceke
STL () -
ny (3) - WZ, PBC, Sperrys
Britney Spearz (1) - Snowy
Paws (2) - Cyndia, Crayola
Strider (5) - stl, AM, Genny, Allieh, MJ
crayola (3) - strider, paws, britney spearz
MJ () -
Allieh () -
Ceke (1) - LIS

16/17 votes
Not Voting: Ny

lynch close in 30 Mins
Strider is in the lead!

Check ya votes!

Reactions: 1 user
I mean, at least I've shown up and contributed. Can't believe I'm going to get offed day one based off of banter around stars and hashtags when people who've provoked actual questions or been entirely absent get a free pass.

Members don't see this ad :)
I mean, at least I've shown up and contributed. Can't believe I'm going to get offed day one based off of banter around stars and hashtags when people who've provoked actual questions or been entirely absent get a free pass.

You might need to defend with more concrete information at this point.

You might need to defend with more concrete information at this point.
What exactly would you recommend? I've got a pm going. I'm not vanilla but my ability, while potentially useful, is not the most thrilling thing and I'd need to actually be alive over a night to do anything with it anyway.

What exactly would you recommend? I've got a pm going. I'm not vanilla but my ability, while potentially useful, is not the most thrilling thing and I'd need to actually be alive over a night to do anything with it anyway.

I'm not exactly sure since I suck at defending myself, but maybe you could tell your PM partner your ability and they can share their thoughts on it on the thread?

unlynch crayola

lynch ny

To give strider a fighting chance over somebody who hasn't made a peep so far....

Reactions: 1 users
You know @strider, if you do the same you'll at least be in a tie for votes.... 12 minutes left to convince somebody else to do the same

I'm not exactly sure since I suck at defending myself, but maybe you could tell your PM partner your ability and they can share their thoughts on it on the thread?
Done, assuming they're still on.

And I'm going to unlynch cray, lynch ny despite my personal misgivings on it in an attempt at self-preservation.

Unofficial Day 1 Lynch Tally
sparrow (1) - Ceke
STL () -
ny (5) - WZ, PBC, sparrow, britzen, strider
britzen (1) - Snowy
Strider (5) - STL, AM, Genny, allieh, MJ
crayola (1) - paws
MJ () -
allieh () -
Ceke (1) - LIS

16/17 votes
strider and ny are in the lead!

lynch close in 10 minutes!

Also, if you turn out to be a wolf you'll break my little noobie heart and I'll never trust again

Yo, @Mad Jack , want to vote Ny's way? Because it brings us no closer to a tie than keeping your vote on me, and when it comes down to it quiet/silent players are less useful!

Members don't see this ad :)
I suppose I might as well point out that when I was a wolf, I kept my mouth shut a lot more on thread, so this wouldn't be consistent for me.

AM, I can shift someone around on the roster at night. Handy, if not make-or-break.

Okay but I have a residency interview tomorrow and I've got to go to bed. I don't like sleeping on ties, it causes nothing but wrinkles and disappointment
You're on a tie rn.

Eh, I don't like your defense. "Can't believe I'm being lynched because X" generally reads wolf to me, as it says, "I should be lynched for something better than this, but I should still be lynched." It's a common subconscious tell in WW games.

Reactions: 2 users
Day 1 Lynch Tally

sparrow (2) - Ceke, AM
STL () -
ny (5) - WZ, PBC, sparrow, britzen, strider
britzen (1) - Snowy
Strider (4) - STL, Genny, allieh, MJ
crayola (1) - paws
MJ () -
allieh () -
Ceke (1) - LIS

Check your votes!

OMG STL IS PLAYING?!?!?!?! WHY DIDN'T SOMEONE PERSONALLY TELL ME THIS?!?!?!
For realz glad you're not dead tho @SummerTheLynx, I thought that axe murderer @WildZoo got you :p

Reactions: 5 users
Tonight brings us to England, or to be more specific, Stratford-Upon-Avon, the birthplace of William Shakespeare. Within this town you'll find the Shakespeare house, Anne Hathaway's Cottage, and plenty of swans. Unlike the bard, who was quite prolific in his work, Ny was silent which led to suspicion. The mob surrounded Ny yelling for her to speak up and say something, anything. But alas, Ny remained silent and that was the end.

ezgif-5-121b67d7d7.jpg

Dead is @nyanko, Stratford-upon-Avon, England who could give out posting restrictions to the player of her choice
It is now Night 1. Night will close at 6am EDT

Nicaragua
1. @PrincessButterCup
2. @strider144
3. @SnowshoeDog143
4. @StayingPositive2017

The Balkans
5. @sparrow_lily
6. @Mad Jack
7. @WildZoo
8. @genny
9. @SummerTheLynx

England
10. @LetItSnow
11. @Animal Midwife
13. @Crayola227

United States/Canada
14. @britzen
15. @Cyndia
16. @Ceke2002
17. @allieh8607

Ghost Town Graveyard
12. @nyanko, Stratford-Upon-Avon

giphy.gif

Reactions: 6 users
lynch Ceke

I didn't like the stuff about the locations - felt like making more out of it than even remotely made sense. And then vanished. It's weak sketch, but it still smacks of "seem like I'm participating, then vanish" kinda stuff.

Thought I should probably address this: I will be trying to participate as best I can, but I might be pulling some disappearing acts as well over the next week or so as well. Our ISP's connection rate is cr@p right now, we're going to be moving to a different ISP so while that's happening don't be surprised if I came on, make some observation that makes absolutely no sense to anyone but me, and then disappear off into the miasma again.

Eh, I don't like your defense. "Can't believe I'm being lynched because X" generally reads wolf to me, as it says, "I should be lynched for something better than this, but I should still be lynched." It's a common subconscious tell in WW games.

yes, but, I rage posted just like this last game and I was villager

could this be noob villager work? or just stupid villager work? or at what point do you stop being noob and just start being dumb?

God damn it, with nyanko's inconvenient demise, not only did England get smaller, but how are we supposed to get more ppl to the island???

In b4 dubz
God damn it, with nyanko's inconvenient demise, not only did England get smaller, but how are we supposed to get more ppl to the island???
I have a few ideas on how to increase the population :naughty:

Reactions: 4 users
Yeah, I'm still having problems with the 'anyone voting for me is sketchy' bit. You did pretty well last game, but there are plenty of proven players in this game so I don't think calling it wolfy defensive lynching holds weight. That kind of defense does help keep people from voting for you -- no one wants all that negative attention, especially on day one where it's not like we've got much to base votes on anyway -- but I don't think it helps the game and I don't trust it one bit. In the meantime, got any reasons we should think britzen is sketch too or are you letting her (?) get a free pass on her vote this time?

I didn't go for bretzen just as I didn't go for you - I'm not just going for everyone that votes me on some sort of misguided principle (in theory. I've done it before). It's because hardly know you two.

StayingPos I don't know well, but we did play the last game. My style is, at minimum, distinct. Her playing style so far has raised my eyebrow.

hmm ny seemed like a lazy vote that would be easy for a wolf to push for. I'm going to be looking more closely at those who voted this way tomorrow..

Is there some sort of importance to the Island?

I'm still suspicious of Sparrow_Lilly. I know she's a noobie, but there's something in the way she's playing (after she's said she's read through other games as well) that is just sparking off a wolf sense to me. She sort of reminds me of how Genny was playing during my first ever game, and Genny turned out to be a wolf in that one.

I didn't go for bretzen just as I didn't go for you - I'm not just going for everyone that votes me on some sort of misguided principle (in theory. I've done it before). It's because hardly know you two.

StayingPos I don't know well, but we did play the last game. My style is, at minimum, distinct. Her playing style so far has raised my eyebrow.
I can agree with the Pos comment. I'm not really able to pinpoint why. But I'm also still trying to get to know people in this game, which probably makes it a bit harder to know what's "normal" vs. Not.

Sent from my SM-G950U using SDN mobile

I'm still suspicious of Sparrow_Lilly. I know she's a noobie, but there's something in the way she's playing (after she's said she's read through other games as well) that is just sparking off a wolf sense to me. She sort of reminds me of how Genny was playing during my first ever game, and Genny turned out to be a wolf in that one.
I really would read some parts and then skip to find out if a villager or wolf was lynched .
Everyone takes things differently so it was hard to follow.
Whoever said playing is the best way to understand was 100% right, actually puts you in those positions vs. Just reading

Sent from my SM-G950U using SDN mobile

This death is truly disappointing and takes us to the Balkans. Plitvice National Park, a place of natural beauty. Waterfalls upon waterfalls. Breathtaking terraced lakes with trails winding around and across the water. While I would love to visit any place we went on the Balkans trip again, I would dearly love to go back to Plitvice. Mainly because we did not have nearly enough time to wander through this gorgeous park and admire the amazing view around us. Sadly someone decided that there should be no beauty that they can't keep to themselves. And so Plitvice has been closed. Oddly there seems to be moldy chocolates left behind marring the beauty. Let's take some time to reflect how Plitvice looked before it was destroyed.

ezgif-5-8d140eaf00.jpg

ezgif-5-97ea24b911.jpg

ezgif-5-81d121c996.jpg

Dead is @WildZoo , Plitvice National Park, Croatia who had a best friend she could talk to
It is now Day 2. Lynch will close at 10pm EDT

Nicaragua
1. @PrincessButterCup
2. @strider144
3. @SnowshoeDog143
4. @StayingPositive2017
14. @britzen

The Balkans
5. @sparrow_lily
6. @Mad Jack
8. @genny
9. @SummerTheLynx
16. @Ceke2002

England
10. @LetItSnow
11. @Animal Midwife
13. @Crayola227

United States/Canada
15. @Cyndia
17. @allieh8607

Ghost Town Graveyard
12. Ny, Stratford-Upon-Avon
7. @WildZoo, Plitvice National Park

Last edited:
I received an item of an emergency phonebox, it's given me the ability to PM with someone during the day cycle, and has also apparently transferred me to another group.

I also believe Britzen to be a villager at this stage after using a non seer ability on her.

Is there some sort of importance to the Island?
LOL, no, just to me, as I'm a serious anglophile these days.

Nyanko had the ability to move people on the roster for PM'ing (which could be useful for intel gathering) and was in my PM group, hence one of few that our PM group can PM with. Not that she has a rep for being a chatty Cathy or Ability Abe or anything.

Anyway, that's why I made the joke about our group England shrinking.

LOL, no, just to me, as I'm a serious anglophile these days.

Nyanko had the ability to move people on the roster for PM'ing (which could be useful for intel gathering) and was in my PM group, hence one of few that our PM group can PM with. Not that she has a rep for being a chatty Cathy or Ability Abe or anything.

Anyway, that's why I made the joke about our group England shrinking.

Crap, I'm wrong, that wasn't her ability. Where did I get that idea from? lol. on crack I guess

I suppose I might as well point out that when I was a wolf, I kept my mouth shut a lot more on thread, so this wouldn't be consistent for me.

AM, I can shift someone around on the roster at night. Handy, if not make-or-break.

OK, it was strider who claimed this for lynch avoidance. Good to remember. I can put away the crack now.

OK, it was strider who claimed this for lynch avoidance. Good to remember. I can put away the crack now.

I can put this claim to the test next night cycle, provided Strider isn't lynched today.