Oh, the Places I've Been WW - Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
And just to let folks know - a) I'm feeling rather unwell at the moment, so don't be surprised if I have extended absences from the game when I'm lying down to rest, and b) I'll be out for several hours later today attending some appointments. I have a potentially useful ability, so I you might want to consider not lynching me. Ta. :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
or maybe not
I can put this claim to the test next night cycle, provided Strider isn't lynched today.
I did let Paws know who i was thinking to move (to be fully transparent, I was choosing between moving brit or dubz. I'm glad I went for brit since I don't think I have the ability to move dead people). I was planning to ask on the thread today to see if anyone wanted to be moved somewhere tonight. Down for moving whoever volunteers!

or maybe not

I did let Paws know who i was thinking to move (to be fully transparent, I was choosing between moving brit or dubz. I'm glad I went for brit since I don't think I have the ability to move dead people). I was planning to ask on the thread today to see if anyone wanted to be moved somewhere tonight. Down for moving whoever volunteers!

Well provided you don't get lynched today, I'll still try to confirm your ability claim. Good to know who we can cross of the list as not being a wolf so we can concentrate on hunting those who are. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Ok, so I can confirm that Strider: 1. Told me his ability before outing himself to the group last night. 2. Told me last night he was going to move either Dubz or Brit to Nic. It appears that this ability has been verified, though being a complete noob, I have no idea if this is a village or wolf ability. Choose for yourselves but seems village to me based on PMs.

StayingPos I don't know well, but we did play the last game. My style is, at minimum, distinct. Her playing style so far has raised my eyebrow.

I can agree with the Pos comment. I'm not really able to pinpoint why. But I'm also still trying to get to know people in this game, which probably makes it a bit harder to know what's "normal" vs. Not.

I was lynched day 2 and was also village. And it was my very first game online or IRL. Maybe give me a chance to play before deciding what my play style is. perhaps I just talk to much and get lynched.

Also, I still think its weird you are liking everything, including Dubz and Ny's death posts.

I am, indeed, in Nicaragua now. Muy bien!

Sent from my SM-G920T using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
Ok, so I can confirm that Strider: 1. Told me his ability before outing himself to the group last night. 2. Told me last night he was going to move either Dubz or Brit to Nic. It appears that this ability has been verified, though being a complete noob, I have no idea if this is a village or wolf ability. Choose for yourselves but seems village to me based on PMs.

Meh, I've seen it as a wolf ability before, but it's a pretty weak ability for a wolf. In a game where I'm assuming we started out with three or so wolves, it seems more likely that the wolf abilities would be other things but I could be wrong. I've been burned before when wolves have ambiguous abilities that are easily proven and seem villager, then everyone forgets about that person because they proved their ability. I've still got my eye on Strider.

Reactions: 2 users
Now how am I supposed to avoid studying for anesthesiology? So much for MadZooLynx :yeahright:

I mean... you could go look at my game and tell me how bad it is. That'll kill like 5 minutes. :p

Yeah, I put this in stars instead of smilies but I figure since it's not manator-related it's better this way. Plus, Dubz doesn't need me making faces at her.

I'm Just a SpecTator Tot Lynch Tally

moving the tally to the next page because I'm bored

allie (1) - cake

1/15
Lynch ends 10pm EDT

ezgif-2-3063e9181a.gif

Okay.

Lynch sparrow

so this thread won't be so dead.

And just to let folks know - a) I'm feeling rather unwell at the moment, so don't be surprised if I have extended absences from the game when I'm lying down to rest, and b) I'll be out for several hours later today attending some appointments. I have a potentially useful ability, so I you might want to consider not lynching me. Ta. :)
This post gives me all the feels. I don't know if you could sound wolfier if you tried.

I agree ceke sounds sketch, but I know I've thought that in the past of her village play so gonna leave her for now. I can get on a sparrow lynch. Some things she said yesterday were sketch to me.

So for now because I'm hoping to be off work before lynch close but not for sure

Lynch sparrow

Jumping on the bandwagon (for now) and adding a vote to

#lynch sparrow#

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't vote unless you think she's sketchy. Bandwagons are bad 90% of the time.

Paws is referring to Crayola.
I do think she's come across a bit sketch and wanted to throw a vote out there since my phone only has 7% battery left so not confident I will be on again until after dinner.

I do think she's come across a bit sketch and wanted to throw a vote out there since my phone only has 7% battery left so not confident I will be on again until after dinner.

Sparrow last posted on the forum late night/early morning and had an exam today (I think). I assume she went to bed and then to school, not silenced. I may still change my mind later.... several sketch sounding posters 'round these parts

I take it from your post count that you haven't played in many games so willing to give you the benefit of the doubt for now but your recent posts are giving me all sorts of wolfy vibes

I was lynched day 2 and was also village. And it was my very first game online or IRL. Maybe give me a chance to play before deciding what my play style is. perhaps I just talk to much and get lynched.

Also, I still think its weird you are liking everything, including Dubz and Ny's death posts.

It's fine, you've been told I tend to like everything. I could track down posts on other parts of this site totally unrelated to WW where people comment on this habit of mine.

It's not about deciding what your play style is. It's you saying I'm fluff posting (which is my normal), and then doing so yourself. Classic wolf psychology projection. Or innocent, I don't know.

Also, as both LIS and AM pointed out, your lynch/unlynch choices just didn't make too much sense. That could be noobie or nefarious.

Sparrow last posted on the forum late night/early morning and had an exam today (I think). I assume she went to bed and then to school, not silenced. I may still change my mind later.... several sketch sounding posters 'round these parts

I don't know how sparrow going to school would have anything to do with her being silenced...

Last edited:
This post gives me all the feels. I don't know if you could sound wolfier if you tried.

Reaching much? Yeah I conveniently got sick just as some cover for being a wolf, I mean it couldn't possibly be that *gasp* I am actually unwell at the moment.

I'm Village, I'm always Village, there has not been a single game where I have not been Village, including this one.
My unexplained absences were questioned before, I decided this time to explain them.
From other games you should know that it's perfectly in line with my game style to let people know if I am going to be out for a period of time.

Wait is sparrow silenced? Maybe we shouldn't lynch her on a day she can't defend herself :p

where are we getting the info that she was silenced? did I miss it in the write up or somewhere? I'm not feeling great and my memory seems to be failing me

Ny was the one who could give posting restrictions based on her death write-up, was she able to do this before death as a night action?

where are we getting the info that she was silenced? did I miss it in the write up or somewhere? I'm not feeling great and my memory seems to be failing me

It was just a misunderstanding of something Paws wrote.

Ny was the one who could give posting restrictions based on her death write-up, was she able to do this before death as a night action?

I doubt it.

Reaching much? Yeah I conveniently got sick just as some cover for being a wolf, I mean it couldn't possibly be that *gasp* I am actually unwell at the moment.

I'm Village, I'm always Village, there has not been a single game where I have not been Village, including this one.

Not saying you're a wolf, but these two defense don't hold any weight.

Wolves can get busy, wolves can get intoxicated, and wolves can get sick. Real life holds no bearing on what your affiliation will be.

As for the second reason, it doesn't matter how many times you rolled wolf or village in previous games. The odds are reset every time so you're just as likely to be a wolf as a villager now.

I hope you feel better soon though!

Btw, if we have any seers this game, feel free to seer me. You'll see I turn up as village. Paws knows what my ability is as well, I'm sure they could also confirm its potential usefulness to the village game. Right now I feel like cr@p so I'm not in the mood for playing nice - I'm here to defend the village and kill some wolves, and *that* is in line with my game style as a villager (always has been, always will be). So if people want to think I'm 'crying wolf' by pretending to be sick, thanks, thanks a bunch, that's great, really.

Wait is sparrow silenced? Maybe we shouldn't lynch her on a day she can't defend herself :p

I'm not silenced, actually just got up! Getting off work at 3am messes up my daytime schedule.
Not too sure how else I can defend myself other than saying I'm village and have never played so there also isn't much sketch vs. non sketch for anyone to go off of. Also since there weren't any instances particularly quoted that gives me even less to explain to those that are finding me sketch.

I can agree with this and see reason behind it. I did mention earlier it was just a 'feeling' nothing that was exactly said that I could quote which is why I'm just keeping it in the back of my mind for now, since my sketch-o-meter isn't fine tuned :laugh:

Not saying you're a wolf, but these two defense don't hold any weight.

Wolves can get busy, wolves can get intoxicated, and wolves can get sick. Real life holds no bearing on what your affiliation will be.

As for the second reason, it doesn't matter how many times you rolled wolf or village in previous games. The odds are reset every time so you're just as likely to be a wolf as a villager now.

I hope you feel better soon though!

Thanks, it'll be good to get over whatever this cr@p my body hates me is at the moment (it's not putting me in a good mood). And yeah I know **** happens on the wolf side as well, it's just the implication that I'm making stuff up to cover wolfiness that got to me.

Thanks, it'll be good to get over whatever this cr@p my body hates me is at the moment (it's not putting me in a good mood). And yeah I know **** happens on the wolf side as well, it's just the implication that I'm making stuff up to cover wolfiness that got to me.

Crazily enough I just assume when people mention IRL stuff during WW, that they're not lying about that part of things. It has no bearing on wolf vs not, and sure, wolves can use it as cover. But I'll give anyone benefit of doubt that the IRL stuff isn't totally fabricated. I'm sure it's been done before by the Master of Lies DocE or someone.

I hope you end up feeling better @Ceke2002. I for one, know that this seems like your village play. It doesn't make you less sketch though :p

My unexplained absences were questioned before, I decided this time to explain them.
From other games you should know that it's perfectly in line with my game style to let people know if I am going to be out for a period of time.

:lame:

Crazily enough I just assume when people mention IRL stuff during WW, that they're not lying about that part of things. It has no bearing on wolf vs not, and sure, wolves can use it as cover. But I'll give anyone benefit of doubt that the IRL stuff isn't totally fabricated. I'm sure it's been done before by the Master of Lies DocE or someone.

I hope you end up feeling better @Ceke2002. I for one, know that this seems like your village play. It doesn't make you less sketch though :p

Thanks. I guess I'll figure out how not to look sketch as a villager one of these days, although considering my game style hasn't really changed from day one (except I've learnt not to do huge walls of text) I suppose that is just my game style as a villager. Ugh, just ignore me at the moment, I'm not well, and in a foul mood about it. :(

I honestly couldn't understand why they thought I was silenced, even after reading paws original comment. Can anyone explain why?

It's because of the way Paws arranged her post. She mentioned someone liking several posts in a comment that quoted you and Crayola. I knew she was referring to Crayola from reading her earlier posts, but some other people got confused due to Paws not naming anyone specific.

Last edited:

I rarely think people are LYING about their real life stuff. But wolves need excuses, it's easy to get caught lying, so it is almost irresistible for some players to post that as their excuse.

I mean.... first Ceke started with:

Thought I should probably address this: I will be trying to participate as best I can, but I might be pulling some disappearing acts as well over the next week or so as well. Our ISP's connection rate is cr@p right now, we're going to be moving to a different ISP so while that's happening don't be surprised if I came on, make some observation that makes absolutely no sense to anyone but me, and then disappear off into the miasma again.

Then it's the stuff about getting sick, etc.

It just smacks of trying to stack up excuses for being absent.

Anyway.

I could vote Ceke again for well-stated reasons, but I also received a PM overnight that doesn't clear Ceke, but lowers suspicion very slightly.

I could get on an STL vote - STL is unusually quiet and might need a kick in the rear.

I'm hesitant on the allieh vote; I don't see sketch and she's generally a quiet player. I'm all about the mid-game lynch of quiet players, but...

I could still get on a SPaws lynch. I really didn't like the "I'll lynch LIS for not showing up, but not Nyanko or other quiet players" approach that <still> hasn't been justified. Seemed super super weak, and when prompted, replied with some lame "well, that was 8 hours ago" response - like circumstances were any different 8 hours prior when it came to me vs Nyanko. Just plain nonsensical.

Um.... who else. Hm.

I keep wanting to vote for @Trilt , but I'm going to try really hard this game to only vote for people who are actually playing.

Could vote for Strider - even though MJ is sketchy like always, he had a point with the "I can't believe I'm getting lynched for ...." post. I agree with his insight.

The Nyanko vote bugs me. These people voted on it: WZ, PBC, sparrow, britzen, strider. Obviously WZ was legit. I can't hold it against Strider - self-preservation and all. But PBC/sparrow/britzen ..... I don't really see a reason for any of them to get on that lynch.

For now:
lynch PBC

Oops. I misspoke above. The PM I received referred to SPaws, not Ceke.

So: SPaws suspicion <slightly> lowered. Ceke suspicion remains static.

Thanks. I guess I'll figure out how not to look sketch as a villager one of these days, although considering my game style hasn't really changed from day one (except I've learnt not to do huge walls of text) I suppose that is just my game style as a villager. Ugh, just ignore me at the moment, I'm not well, and in a foul mood about it. :(

My problem with this is that there were absolutely no votes for you when you posted it. It's a premature defense. I looked at yesterday's tally again, and you only had one vote when lynch closed, so unless something changed today you weren't a hugely likely candidate yet. Throwing out hints about your useful ability does not help us - all it does is put a target on your back, since wolves would rather kill powerful villagers than vanillas. This was an unnecessary post, and it's sketchy because it was unnecessary. It makes you look scared of lynch, even though you weren't anywhere close to a hot seat yet, and that is what makes you look wolfy.

I rarely think people are LYING about their real life stuff. But wolves need excuses, it's easy to get caught lying, so it is almost irresistible for some players to post that as their excuse.

If you check some of my posts in the Lounge venting and depression threads you'll see I've been unwell for some time. When you questioned me about my absences that was due to my internet connection constantly dropping out. We tried to get our ISP changed over today and got told they've put a stop sales service notification on our area, because the infrastructure where we live is so bad they can't guarantee a good enough service for us. So until we move to Melbourne we have to put up with bad internet service with slow speeds and constant drop outs. So yes if I'm in the middle of a conversation, and I suddenly disappear for an hour or so without saying anything, that is why.

I have absolutely no concrete evidence to back this opinion up, but both STL and MJ moved down on my list due to the early death of WZ. I guess maybe they could have been worried that she would sniff them out early, but it's unlike veterans to take out other veteran friends so early.

The Nyanko vote bugs me. These people voted on it: WZ, PBC, sparrow, britzen, strider. Obviously WZ was legit. I can't hold it against Strider - self-preservation and all. But PBC/sparrow/britzen ..... I don't really see a reason for any of them to get on that lynch.

When I voted yesterday morning there was currently a tie (2 votes each) and my vote put Ny in the lead. I wanted to help put pressure on her and get discussion to become more focused, rather than add another random vote and name to the board. When I got off work switching off Ny would have put Strider or Cray in the lead, and I wasn't reading either as scum. I chose to stay on the one MIA player rather than move to someone who was actively posting and giving me a chance to get reads on them, especially because I didn't think either would flip wolf.

I have absolutely no concrete evidence to back this opinion up, but both STL and MJ moved down on my list due to the early death of WZ. I guess maybe they could have been worried that she would sniff them out early, but it's unlike veterans to take out other veteran friends so early.

I agree with MJ being less likely, but I've seen veterans kill other veterans just to spark the idea that it's a noob pack.

My problem with this is that there were absolutely no votes for you when you posted it. It's a premature defense. I looked at yesterday's tally again, and you only had one vote when lynch closed, so unless something changed today you weren't a hugely likely candidate yet. Throwing out hints about your useful ability does not help us - all it does is put a target on your back, since wolves would rather kill powerful villagers than vanillas. This was an unnecessary post, and it's sketchy because it was unnecessary. It makes you look scared of lynch, even though you weren't anywhere close to a hot seat yet, and that is what makes you look wolfy.

Fair enough, but again I've always tried to let people know if I'm aware when I'm going to be absent for a portion of the game. And while everyone is looking at me for playing exactly the way I usually play as a villager, in the meantime the village is missing valuable wolf killing time. So how about everyone just remember what I'm like during games, what's normal for me, and can we get on with the more important process of murdering some wolves.

Anyway.

I could vote Ceke again for well-stated reasons, but I also received a PM overnight that doesn't clear Ceke, but lowers suspicion very slightly.

I could get on an STL vote - STL is unusually quiet and might need a kick in the rear.

I'm hesitant on the allieh vote; I don't see sketch and she's generally a quiet player. I'm all about the mid-game lynch of quiet players, but...

I could still get on a SPaws lynch. I really didn't like the "I'll lynch LIS for not showing up, but not Nyanko or other quiet players" approach that <still> hasn't been justified. Seemed super super weak, and when prompted, replied with some lame "well, that was 8 hours ago" response - like circumstances were any different 8 hours prior when it came to me vs Nyanko. Just plain nonsensical.

Um.... who else. Hm.

I keep wanting to vote for @Trilt , but I'm going to try really hard this game to only vote for people who are actually playing.

Could vote for Strider - even though MJ is sketchy like always, he had a point with the "I can't believe I'm getting lynched for ...." post. I agree with his insight.

For now:
lynch PBC

So this is a typical 2nd day response to a 1st day lynch, to look at those who voted against the villager in the first day, correct me if I'm wrong.. My impression of first day lynches is that unless some info about a wolf appears early, we will typically lynch one of our own because of sheer numbers.
I switched my vote from allieh to break a tie with the idea to come back later after more people had posted on the thread. However, it was a busier night than expected at work and I didn't have the chance to check in until a minute till the deadline.

If you check some of my posts in the Lounge venting and depression threads you'll see I've been unwell for some time. When you questioned me about my absences that was due to my internet connection constantly dropping out. We tried to get our ISP changed over today and got told they've put a stop sales service notification on our area, because the infrastructure where we live is so bad they can't guarantee a good enough service for us. So until we move to Melbourne we have to put up with bad internet service with slow speeds and constant drop outs. So yes if I'm in the middle of a conversation, and I suddenly disappear for an hour or so without saying anything, that is why.

Yes, I get it. I get that you have real life issues (and I'm genuinely sorry for whatever you have to struggle with).

But it doesn't make you a villager.

And honestly, it kinda pisses me off when people use real-life struggles as an excuse ... when I was made to feel like a TOTAL ASS for lynching someone who was genuinely sick and kept hammering me over how mean I was and how unfair I was and all that ... and then turned out to be a wolf.

Meh. I think it's useful to know when people can't be around for a vote or whatnot - on a practical level it helps us know if they'll jump in and vote or whatnot. But if it's an excuse for why they shouldn't be lynched? Bull****.

When I voted yesterday morning there was currently a tie (2 votes each) and my vote put Ny in the lead. I wanted to help put pressure on her and get discussion to become more focused, rather than add another random vote and name to the board. When I got off work switching off Ny would have put Strider or Cray in the lead, and I wasn't reading either as scum. I chose to stay on the one MIA player rather than move to someone who was actively posting and giving me a chance to get reads on them, especially because I didn't think either would flip wolf.

Hm. So you didn't read Nyanko as scum but were willing to put her in the lead....

.... But you also didn't read Strider or Cray as scum, and weren't willing to put them in the lead?

Kinda inconsistent.

So this is a typical 2nd day response to a 1st day lynch, to look at those who voted against the villager in the first day, correct me if I'm wrong.. My impression of first day lynches is that unless some info about a wolf appears early, we will typically lynch one of our own because of sheer numbers.
I switched my vote from allieh to break a tie with the idea to come back later after more people had posted on the thread. However, it was a busier night than expected at work and I didn't have the chance to check in until a minute till the deadline.

It's really not a typical 2nd day response. I'm not looking at them/you because Nyanko turned out to be village. I'm looking at them because the reason for the bandwagon was pure crap.

I place very little value in "who voted for a villager" type of analysis. We all vote for villagers. Certain voting patterns - sure. But I never hold any single vote for a villager against someone.

You'd be surprised how many games a wolf gets caught on first day.

Unlynch Allie

Lynch Sparrow

Their game style is reminding me a bit of, well, mine - which considering no one can ever tell if I'm wolf or village would be a good cover for a wolf, especially considering Sparrow has previously said they studied past games to see who came out wolf and village in lynches.