Oh, the Places I've Been WW - Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The Traveling Life Day 2 Lynch Tally

allieh () -
sparrow (4) - AM, Snowy, britzen, ceke
PBC (1) - LIS
stl (2) - PBC, cyndia
britzen (1) - sparrow
strider (2) - MJ, stl
ceke (1) - genny

11/15
Missing: strider, paws, crayola, allieh

Lynch ends in ~ 1 hour

ezgif-5-dd6507ea62.jpg
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
lynch STL for aforementioned reasons of uncharacteristic play and because I never know what to make of him / whether to trust what he says.
 
lynch genny

also, are the giant walls of text normal for @Crayola227 ? Normally I find posts like that highly distracting and not sure how one's personal opinions of every single player is very helpful.
 
can anyone explain the Sparrow bandwagon, before we see the flip?

Not sure about the bandwagon, but I am lynching Sparrow for the following reasons, which I outlined earlier:

1) Her admittance that she has read through past games and taken notes on who was a wolf and who was a villager. Now this could just be good noob first time game prep, but it also means she may have taken some notes on how wolves played and is trying to sound village (and to me it does sound like someone trying to come across as village, rather than actual village)

2) Her play style at times has been reminding me of a more organised version of me. And considering no one can ever seem to tell if I'm villager or wolf if someone is trying to hide themselves as a wolf, then adopting some of my game style might be thought of as a good wolf move.
 
The Traveling Life Day 2 Lynch Tally

allieh () -
sparrow (4) - AM, Snowy, britzen, ceke
PBC (1) - LIS
stl (3) - PBC, cyndia, strider
britzen (1) - sparrow
strider (2) - MJ, stl
ceke () -
paws (1) - crayola
genny (1) - allieh
snowy (1) - genny

14/15
Missing: paws

Lynch ends in ~ 40 minutes

ezgif-5-dd6507ea62.jpg
 
I'm going to vote ####lynch MJ#### because though I appreciate that he was correct about not editing, I don't get his persistence against Strider who seems village to me based on pm's and thread.

I don't really feel Sparrow as wolf and don't understand why AM is staying there when you say you picked random to get the thread moving again. AM did this last game though, and she was village so doesn't seem abnormal yet.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using SDN mobile
 
can anyone explain the Sparrow bandwagon, before we see the flip?

My reasons are:

1. Has mentioned reading through other WW threads to get a feel for how people play. Quoted specific instances from multiple other WW threads (specific roles in the Lion King WW and typical responses to 1st day lynches for example). Then, when somebody said they felt like they thought that might be sketchy, she back-pedaled and said that she only skimmed the threads and didn't really read them that thoroughly and that they were hard to follow.

2. Specifically brought up and asked about people getting lynched for being too quiet then proceeded to be the opposite of quiet.

3. Her defense against lynching was that, as a new player, the only way for her to prove herself as a villager was to be lynched. The following protest was just a bit too much, IMO.

4. Unrelated OCHEM posts = possible distraction? Make it seem like she's active on the thread, but it's really fluff.

This could all also just read innocent noob who is excited to participate and play. I don't really know anybody in the game since I am new to the forum but I think based on abilities and PM's that ceke is village and that paws and strider possibly are too.
 
The Traveling Life Day 2 Lynch Tally

allieh () -
sparrow (4) - AM, Snowy, britzen, ceke
PBC (1) - LIS
stl (3) - PBC, cyndia, strider
britzen (1) - sparrow
strider (2) - MJ, stl
ceke () -
paws (1) - crayola
genny (1) - allieh
snowy (1) - genny
mj (1) - paws

15/15

Lynch ends in ~ 15 minutes

ezgif-5-dd6507ea62.jpg
 
Sparrow is new, yes? I've been deficient in PMing this game because it started during the busy period in my work week. Just noticed sparrow is actually in my group.
@sparrow_lily have you been talking to anyone?
I don't really know how group PMs work, and it hasn't been something I've had time to ask my manator due to work.
I don't know if there's a huge advantage to doing them, the point (other than getting a feel for those in your group I guess?)

Sent from my SM-G950U using SDN mobile
 
I don't really know how group PMs work, and it hasn't been something I've had time to ask my manator due to work.
I don't know if there's a huge advantage to doing them, the point (other than getting a feel for those in your group I guess?)

Sent from my SM-G950U using SDN mobile

PMs are helpful if you want to share information or thoughts otherwise too risky for the entire thread.

Also, are you aware you're in the lead with 7 minutes left?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I don't really know how group PMs work, and it hasn't been something I've had time to ask my manator due to work.
I don't know if there's a huge advantage to doing them, the point (other than getting a feel for those in your group I guess?)

Sent from my SM-G950U using SDN mobile
You might want to offer up some more info if you don't want to be lynched. Might be too late though.
 
I had an interview four hours away from home that was eight hours long, it just took up a lot of time, given that it was sixteen hours plus eight hours of sleep that I couldn't use my phone. I'm going to be more active moving forward.

Ok. But are you a villager? 🙂


ETA: Oops. There I go again posting between results. I really need to check first. Sigh. Will leave this one because results are now out. Soz mods.
 
Last edited:
There'll be bluebirds over
The white cliffs of Dover
Tomorrow
Just you wait and see

I'll never forget the people I met
Braving those angry skies
I remember well as the shadows fell
The light of hope in their eyes

- "White Cliffs of Dover", Vera Lynn
​
Tonight brings us back to England. Dover, England: home of Dover Castle where there are secret wartime tunnels and one of the oldest surviving lighthouses. Standing atop the walls of the castle you can make out France in the distance. For those arriving by sea, they are greeted by the iconic white cliffs of Dover. Those cliffs are part of a song written during WWII to uplift the spirits of the allies. Seems this time though, these white cliffs only enraged those that should have been allies. A mob surrounded Dover stating she was posting distractions and knew more than she was letting on. The mob directed planes to fly over Dover, where they proceeded to release bombs. Now Dover is nothing more than piles of rubble.

dover-castle-seafront.jpg

Dead is @sparrow_lily
, Dover, England who, when night killed, would take with her the person she had chosen
It is now Night 2. Night will close at 6am EDT

Nicaragua
1. @PrincessButterCup
2. @strider144
3. @SnowshoeDog143
4. @StayingPositive2017
14. @britzen

The Balkans
6. @Mad Jack
8. @genny
9. @SummerTheLynx
16. @Ceke2002

England
10. @LetItSnow
11. @Animal Midwife
13. @Crayola227

United States/Canada
15. @Cyndia
17. @allieh8607

Ghost Town Graveyard
12. Ny, Stratford-Upon-Avon
7. Dubz, Plitvice National Park
5. @sparrow_lily, Dover
 
Crayola, are you stalking me? You quoted like every post I made this game. 🙂

10. @LetItSnow - I will always have a love/hate in my heart for LIS. Love becuz, yeah, love. Hate, because it means I have to maintain a high level of suspicion on principle. LIS made a lot of sense to me last game, and was right on the money and a villager. LIS is still making a lot of sense to me now, but I don't want to be lulled as a result. The only thing that gets me is how he seems stuck on @Ceke2002. Ceke could be a wolf, but we need to point to something besides her absolutely typical play. Is he trying to throw her under the bus, or is he really looking out for village?

It's worth noting that for someone stuck on Ceke ... I'm voting for someone else.

I'm suspicious of Ceke (for reasons well-explained), and I've seen absolutely nothing to allay those suspicions. I'll probably go to voting for Ceke soon.

So.... where's the promised content?

Yeah. I don't actually recall what I was quoting/replying to. I saw my own post and was like "soooo.... what did I actually say there, again?"

Sorry. The memory is gone.
 
***************
I was aware of my lead, however tonight I'm treatment tech at work with 15 patients so had no time to give any information.
Not sure if my ability would have been seen as not sketch anyway [emoji23][emoji23]
***************************

Sent from my SM-G950U using SDN mobile
 
lynch genny

also, are the giant walls of text normal for @Crayola227 ? Normally I find posts like that highly distracting and not sure how one's personal opinions of every single player is very helpful.

I like posts that detailed. Gives me some stakes in the ground with that person to go back to later. And, it's helpful to clarify my own thinking and see where maybe I've been tunneling someone, or reading something wrong, or ... etc.
 
It's worth noting that for someone stuck on Ceke ... I'm voting for someone else.

I'm suspicious of Ceke (for reasons well-explained), and I've seen absolutely nothing to allay those suspicions. I'll probably go to voting for Ceke soon.

I can understand your suspicions. I do have a play style that is difficult to read a lot of the time, that isn't by plan or design, that's just the way I am. And yes I do over explain and over justify myself as well, which is something I perhaps don't need to do, but as a villager I tend to think 'unless my death benefits the village, then if I'm lynched the village loses a villager'. I know it's inevitable that villagers will be lynched, but if I, as a villager, can avoid that, and therefore avoid the village being short a villager, my instinct is to do everything possible to prevent that.

Or at least let me see one wolf lynch before you lynch me.
 
:heckyeah::heckyeah::heckyeah::heckyeah::heckyeah::heckyeah::heckyeah::heckyeah::heckyeah::heckyeah::heckyeah::heckyeah::heckyeah::heckyeah::heckyeah::heckyeah:
There'll be bluebirds over
The white cliffs of Dover
Tomorrow
Just you wait and see

I'll never forget the people I met
Braving those angry skies
I remember well as the shadows fell
The light of hope in their eyes

- "White Cliffs of Dover", Vera Lynn
​
You referenced the wrong "Cliffs of Dover" creative work, karabeans


:horns::horns::horns::horns::horns::horns::horns::horns::horns::horns::horns::horns::horns::horns::horns::horns::horns::horns::horns::horns::horns:
 
Last edited:
I can understand your suspicions. I do have a play style that is difficult to read a lot of the time, that isn't by plan or design, that's just the way I am. And yes I do over explain and over justify myself as well, which is something I perhaps don't need to do, but as a villager I tend to think 'unless my death benefits the village, then if I'm lynched the village loses a villager'. I know it's inevitable that villagers will be lynched, but if I, as a villager, can avoid that, and therefore avoid the village being short a villager, my instinct is to do everything possible to prevent that.

Or at least let me see one wolf lynch before you lynch me.

Eh. Like I said, I'm just kinda in the "didn't like the early comments, view them as sketchy, but am unsure if I'm tunneling or really want to pursue it." That's why I didn't vote for you. It's backburner for me for now.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
lynch genny

also, are the giant walls of text normal for @Crayola227 ? Normally I find posts like that highly distracting and not sure how one's personal opinions of every single player is very helpful.

LOL, sorry, I picked up that habit last game.

People were demanding reads. It can be really useful over time to remember your thoughts and see how that changes as people play, and if someone is killed to have their last reads. I've seen wolves/villagers do it, and I did it once as True Chaos (having my own win condition. Grandmother in PBC's MM game I played straight village), so I have an opinion on what it does.

If you're village, it's very easy to do because you have no ulterior motives or agenda, but if you're working against village, I think it's very hard to give a read on EVERY PERSON and have it seem like your normal gameplay, normal self-logic, normal general to anyone else logic, and so I've seen the very practice of it make it easier to pinpoint a wolf.

Also, it helps to compare notes with yourself later, but also for village to compare notes on people.

The main reason I do it???

To continually remind myself EVERYONE playing, and who is quietly falling off the radar? Am I just leaning towards someone because of chatter or thread suggestion or have I forgotten someone?
 
Crayola, are you stalking me? You quoted like every post I made this game. 🙂



It's worth noting that for someone stuck on Ceke ... I'm voting for someone else.

I'm suspicious of Ceke (for reasons well-explained), and I've seen absolutely nothing to allay those suspicions. I'll probably go to voting for Ceke soon.



Yeah. I don't actually recall what I was quoting/replying to. I saw my own post and was like "soooo.... what did I actually say there, again?"

Sorry. The memory is gone.

Thanks for responding to all my concerns. I quoted your posts mostly because I found your logic good in all of them. I wrote coming down on you for coming down on @Ceke2002 before you posted that you were coming off. Confusing? Megaposts do that, sorry.
 
If you're village, it's very easy to do because you have no ulterior motives or agenda, but if you're working against village, I think it's very hard to give a read on EVERY PERSON and have it seem like your normal gameplay, normal self-logic, normal general to anyone else logic, and so I've seen the very practice of it make it easier to pinpoint a wolf.

It's actually quite easy to do if you follow LIS's Rule of Wolfing, which is pretty simple:

"Forget to check your PMs and find out you're a wolf."

More than one game I've been well into D2 and not even known I'm a wolf. Sometimes being forgetful is a win. 🙂
 
Thanks for responding to all my concerns. I quoted your posts mostly because I found your logic good in all of them. I wrote coming down on you for coming down on @Ceke2002 before you posted that you were coming off. Confusing? Megaposts do that, sorry.

Nope, I like megaposts. I can go back to them and pin someone to the wall when they later say something contradictory.
 
Eyjafjallajökull Ash Plume Upends Air Travel​
Spewing 250 million tons of ash into the atomosphere, Iceland's volcano (Eyjafjallajökull) has taken an unprecedented toll on travel. Many flights have been canceled or delayed as airlines struggle to find a route around the ash plume. Let's hope this time Eyjafjallajökull only erupts for one night.

ezgif-5-bdab8d7467.jpg
​

No one has died
It is now Day 3. Day will close at 10pm EDT


Nicaragua
1. @PrincessButterCup
2. @strider144
3. @SnowshoeDog143
4. @StayingPositive2017
14. @britzen

The Balkans
6. @Mad Jack
8. @genny
9. @SummerTheLynx
16. @Ceke2002

England
10. @LetItSnow
11. @Animal Midwife
13. @Crayola227

United States/Canada
15. @Cyndia
17. @allieh8607

Ghost Town Graveyard
12. Ny, Stratford-Upon-Avon
7. Dubz, Plitvice National Park
5. Sparrow, Dover
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Okay, I attempted to confirm Strider's ability claim last night, but the Volcano meant that no night actions were viable. Are we still looking to confirm Strider's claims, or is it best to focus on someone else for tomorrow night's actions?

I'm open to hearing what people are thinking in terms of lynch for today as well, anything sketchy people have noticed that might help us sniff out a wolf? And day cycle is night time for me so I'll probably be asleep for a few hours at some point, I'll read through the thread and try and decide on a lynch vote when I've arisen.
 
I got the same info. Had a one time use item to ask about game mechanics and asked how many wolves but got no results and lost the item which totally sucks [emoji20]

Sent from my Moto E (4) using SDN mobile

Thanks for giving Ceke an easy answer to copy.

My reason for asking was that *I* hadn't gotten night results yet, so there was at least some chance that it hints at Ceke being a wolf and the wolves got their group email. I had to specifically ask the mods about last night. (I might have missed in a write up if we already knew this was coming, though.)

Would rather you hadn't answered for Ceke.