You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Oklahoma State University (OSU-COM) Discussion Thread 2014 - 2015
Started by DOthreads
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
What were your stats? I'm still waiting to hear back.Just got a wait list email. I applied in january, interviewed last week in feb.
Accepted. I was not wait listed so I can't say if they have been messing with that list yet or not. Feb 24th interviewer. IS
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
stats?Accepted. I was not wait listed so I can't say if they have been messing with that list yet or not. Feb 24th interviewer. IS
I got the acceptance call this afternoon, interviewed at the end of February and hadn't heard anything. Stats are 26mcat, 3.3 undergrad GPA, 3.8 graduate GPA and 3 years working in healthcare. I was rejected last year and added a lot of volunteer stuff and got accepted this year =)
I know of a March 10th and a March 11th interviewee that got accepted today.So, so far everyone today has been february interviewers....maybe that means they'll call march interviews next and then move on to the wait-listers! fingers crossed.
I wonder how full the class is
Did you hear back today?Accepted- interviewed March 10th.
Last year did you get waitlisted?I got the acceptance call this afternoon, interviewed at the end of February and hadn't heard anything. Stats are 26mcat, 3.3 undergrad GPA, 3.8 graduate GPA and 3 years working in healthcare. I was rejected last year and added a lot of volunteer stuff and got accepted this year =)
that sucked, but congratulations this year! If you don't mind me asking, did you keep sending them updates while you were waitlisted? I have similar stats as you did last year, still on the wait list.Yes I was waitlisted last year in March and got a rejection letter towards the end of April.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yes I sent them 3 rounds of updates. I grabbed every volunteer opportunity I could find. I put a lot of time into one particular outreach project and supplied an additional letter of recommendation from the person in charge of the outreach project. I sent you some more details in a private message. Good luck.
Those interviews were for the early admission folks and other similar programs.To everyone interested-they are apparently still giving interviews at OSU. I was on campus today and there was another round of students interviewing today.
Early admissions for which class?Those interviews were for the early admission folks and other similar programs.
Class of 2020Early admissions for which class?
Has anyone on the wait-list heard anything lately?
Unfortunately, I have not heard anything and neither have any of my classmates at this time. I interviewed the second week of February and received a wait list notification 2 weeks later. Good luck to everyone! I can't wait to start seeing some acceptance posts!Has anyone on the wait-list heard anything lately?
Any idea of how full the class is?I heard today that at least three or four people got accepted last week.
Not sure.Any idea of how full the class is?
For those of you that are members of your OSU class's Facebook group-is there any benefit to having a Facebook account other than socializing? I don't have a Facebook and would rather not go through the hassle of having one if possible. Is there any really vital info posted on the Facebook site that isn't widely put out any other way? Things like clubs, important dates, official reviews/study session, etc.? I would think much of this would be sent out through e-mail but I thought it'd be worth asking about. Thanks!
You should really be part of your class fb group. Once school starts there will be tons of good info communicated through it, and plenty of funny stuff as well. Study guides, extra resources, heads-ups, questions/answers, etc. will all be posted on your class group, as well as the weekly schedule you won't be able to survive without (although that is also emailed). For all the groups you'll be a part of, fb messenger is a really convenient way to communicate to other members of that group. Once your class officers have been elected, everyone not in your class will be removed so it's solely for the class of 2019. Also, all the clubs communicate mainly through facebook and often take RSVPs for lunch meetings this way (so you want this!!).For those of you that are members of your OSU class's Facebook group-is there any benefit to having a Facebook account other than socializing? I don't have a Facebook and would rather not go through the hassle of having one if possible. Is there any really vital info posted on the Facebook site that isn't widely put out any other way? Things like clubs, important dates, official reviews/study session, etc.? I would think much of this would be sent out through e-mail but I thought it'd be worth asking about. Thanks!
Some tried to be too cool for fb early on, but only a couple of those remain b/c there's just too much info that flows through it. You don't have to use your real name, many use their first and middle name only or something similar if you're worried about that. You don't have to be friends with your high school classmates or any of that. Just enter your email and password to see what's going on in your soon-to-be very small world--there is no hassle to it.
Search for "OSU-COM Class of 2019" and ask to join the group.Ok cool, what do I do to join the group after making an account?
I just tried to join the FB group and I think my request was denied! Is there a mod on here who could PM me for my FB name? Muchas gracias!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The weekend likely is the cause for the slow response. You're not missing much though, unless you're interested in being roommates with one of those that are soliciting for a roommate currently. That's about as riveting as it has been to this point.Any idea how long it should take for them to add me? My request to join the group is still pending?
Well shoot. From previous years it looks like a lot of people got moved off the wait-list after the class became full. Only time will tell. How long have you been wait-listed for?I talked to Lindsey via email today and she said the class is full. She said based on the last few years, they would expect to see some movement in the class over the next few weeks. They will release the final wait list around the middle of May.
Does anyone know how long a premed committee letter is viable for?
Well shoot. From previous years it looks like a lot of people got moved off the wait-list after the class became full. Only time will tell. How long have you been wait-listed for?
Since October. I'm guessing there will be some movement over the next few weeks as people give up multiple acceptances or are pulled off the wait list at other schools, and if its like the last few years, that could be 20-30 of us pulled off the wait list during these next few weeks. If we get on the final wait list in May, we may be in for the long wait though. I also asked if they are going to do any kind of reapplicant workshop to get advice on what we can improve on if we have to reapply next cycle, but I haven't gotten a response back about that yet.
If like last year, you will get a final waitlist e-mail. With regards to the re-applicant workshop, I don't think OSU has an official workshop like OU has. However, after receiving my rejection last year I scheduled a meeting with my graduate committee and Lindsey to discuss the weak points of my application. It was a pretty open and honest 30 minute sit down meeting.
thank you!Congrats!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
thank you, i will send a message to adminI was on "pending" for several days. I ended up sending a message to both of the group moderators and was added that day. Try messaging them.
So there's a chance I might make a C in genetics... Would that kill my chances of being pulled off the waitlist? I have A's in all of my other classes this semester (Personal Finance, Plant Physiology, and Biomed Terminology). So the worst possible GPA I could have is a 3.5 but if I some how miraculously make a B on my final then I will have a 3.75. This summer I've got planned research and am going to start a scribe job. Would any of this level out the C?
Is tomorrow the last day students can hold more than one acceptance?
That rule doesn't apply to the DO world. There is no universal cut-off point for decisions.Is tomorrow the last day students can hold more than one acceptance?
I see... Well has there been any movement in the Wait-List as far as anyone knows?That rule doesn't apply to the DO world. There is no universal cut-off point for decisions.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 255
- Views
- 73K
- Replies
- 421
- Views
- 146K
- Replies
- 502
- Views
- 131K
- Replies
- 309
- Views
- 95K