OrchWWestra sign-ups +/- game thread

Started by kaydubs
Tags Tags
werewolf
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This whole exchange was weird to me. Being a wolf in one game does not affect the chances of being a wolf the next game. It bothers me that WZ (or anyone else really) didn't mention that. Yes, I'm well aware that Kdubs will putz with RNG, but if WZ or dolphin came up as a wolf again, I doubt she'd re-RNG because of that.

This post also seemed off to me when I first read it. I recall you doing something similar in the last game as well.

Why are you so sure dolphin is village?

I will have village reads as soon as someone does something that makes me think they are village, and not a moment sooner. I'm also wolf hunting, not village hunting, so my focus, especially d1-d2 when there is less information, is on who is giving me wolfy feels.
Why’re you so sure I am wolfy? When you voted the other day you said you weren’t committed to your vote but wouldn’t be able to keep up with the thread. Then today when people asked how you felt about the rest of the thread you said you weren’t going to go back and read...
So what else have I done that you’d be okay with my lynch?
 
This whole exchange was weird to me. Being a wolf in one game does not affect the chances of being a wolf the next game. It bothers me that WZ (or anyone else really) didn't mention that. Yes, I'm well aware that Kdubs will putz with RNG, but if WZ or dolphin came up as a wolf again, I doubt she'd re-RNG because of that.
Wasn't my point, and I actually said that I wasn't inclined to base anything on the previous game or what kdizzle might have done with RNG.
I already addressed this with paws, but to make it more clear - the reasoning being used for me, dolphin, and shelter at that time was that we sounded different. I think it was a bit of recency bias. Everyone just saw all three of us wolfing. If we sound different this game, maybe there's a reason for that.

Why are you so sure dolphin is village?
Because she has made posts a wolf doesn't make, and in ways that she certainly doesn't post as a wolf.

I will have village reads as soon as someone does something that makes me think they are village, and not a moment sooner. I'm also wolf hunting, not village hunting, so my focus, especially d1-d2 when there is less information, is on who is giving me wolfy feels.
Interesting tactic
Village hunting is actually pretty vital to figuring out the wolves, and not lynching villagers. I'm curious that there is nothing in these last two days that indicates to you that anyone is village. That just seems unlikely.
 
Why’re you so sure I am wolfy? When you voted the other day you said you weren’t committed to your vote but wouldn’t be able to keep up with the thread. Then today when people asked how you felt about the rest of the thread you said you weren’t going to go back and read...
So what else have I done that you’d be okay with my lynch?
I'm not SURE you are wolfy, I just have more reason to think you are vs others and I haven't seen anything from you that seems particularly village at this point.

To be clear, I DID read yesterday, but I don't plan to go back and read it again.
Wasn't my point, and I actually said that I wasn't inclined to base anything on the previous game or what kdizzle might have done with RNG.
I already addressed this with paws, but to make it more clear - the reasoning being used for me, dolphin, and shelter at that time was that we sounded different. I think it was a bit of recency bias. Everyone just saw all three of us wolfing. If we sound different this game, maybe there's a reason for that.
That isn't exactly why I voted dolphin yesterday, and certainly isn't why I'm voting for you today. I thought it was odd that dolphin announced her change in play, that is what didn't/doesn't sit will with me.

Because she has made posts a wolf doesn't make, and in ways that she certainly doesn't post as a wolf.
Care to point out that post? Maybe I missed it.

Interesting tactic
Village hunting is actually pretty vital to figuring out the wolves, and not lynching villagers. I'm curious that there is nothing in these last two days that indicates to you that anyone is village. That just seems unlikely.
I've always seen active village hunting as a pretty wolfy tactic. I don't actively village hunt, I just allow it to happen organically. You may not like that, but it's just the way I play, especially early in the game. You pushing me to village hunt, doesn't make me feel better about you.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm not SURE you are wolfy, I just have more reason to think you are vs others and I haven't seen anything from you that seems particularly village at this point.
Apparently you haven't seen anything from any players that seems particularly village, so I question why that is relevant in dolphin's case.

Care to point out that post? Maybe I missed it.
Multiple posts. Overall her play has had a very different quality to it than it did last game.

That isn't exactly why I voted dolphin yesterday, and certainly isn't why I'm voting for you today. I thought it was odd that dolphin announced her change in play, that is what didn't/doesn't sit will with me.
Didn't say it was your reasoning, just said it was reasoning that was being used

I've always seen active village hunting as a pretty wolfy tactic. I don't actively village hunt, I just allow it to happen organically. You may not like that, but it's just the way I play, especially early in the game. You pushing me to village hunt, doesn't make me feel better about you.
How is soft clearing villagers wolfy? I actually see wolves more often hesitant to put people in their strong village category, since it reduces their flexibility in getting the mislynches they need.
 
On the road, some quick reads:

Lean soft village: WZ, AM, Pawsy for contributive and analytical posts while fostering activity

Also lean soft village on Cray from her D1 posts and good insights. Somewhat lean village on dolphin from WZ defense

Nulls on Mel, genny, Sporty (mixed feels)

Lean soft wolf on capri (giving me Reading wolf vibes from content), katasharky (weird D1 mechanics talk, vague insights) and Jimble/Skilary (seems too combative and resistant when responding to WZ and AM, feels in line with her prior wolf activity)

I'll go with:

Lynch Jimble the Skilary

Since i feel worse about her
 
Unofficial D2 “This Ain’t A Scene, It’s A” Lynch Tally
Skim (3)
- WZ, AM, Lawpy
genny (1) - Sporty
WZ (1) - Skim
Lawpy (1) - dolphin
capri (1) - genny

7/12
Lynch ends in ~4 hours
 
@capri1722 what are your thoughts today? Anyone you are concerned about?
Think cheezit has the highest sketchy feels in my book today.
Paws beat me to it, but I’m personally waiting to hear from @capri1722, specifically why did she switch and break the tie to shelter yesterday (if I remember events correctly).

ETA: I thought I’d hit post on this 20 mins ago. I’m in rare form today.
Because it was less than an hour to lynch close, I didn't think dolphin was a wolf, and I didn't want a tie.
This post also seemed off to me when I first read it. I recall you doing something similar in the last game as well.
How is that off? It's reasonable to speculate how many wolves there are so we know how many mislynches we have.
Oh I forgot I never asked this @StayingPositive2017 why did you vote Sporty yesterday? I don’t remember reading any reasoning.
I'd also like to know this. I don't remember seeing reasoning from anyone who voted Sporty (not to be construed as me thinking she is wolfy or villagey).
Interesting tactic
Village hunting is actually pretty vital to figuring out the wolves, and not lynching villagers. I'm curious that there is nothing in these last two days that indicates to you that anyone is village. That just seems unlikely.
Agree, this is mainly how I operate because I feel it's easier than hunting wolves. Actual success is...debatable lol.
lynch capri
:hello:
 
Oh I forgot I never asked this @StayingPositive2017 why did you vote Sporty yesterday? I don’t remember reading any reasoning.
Initially I had some feelings, which is why I switched my vote, but as the day progressed, I didn't like how back and forth she was on shelter. She calls shelter out for a post, then asks lawpy why he thinks shelter is wolfy, but then votes there herself.

About shelter:
To be real though, this post is screaming, "look, I'm contributing to discussion!" without actually contributing anything

asking wz:
How do you feel about shelter?

Similarly, but not as strongly. I'm definitely not inclined to vote with cheezit atm.

Disagreeing with lawpy about shelter sounding sketch:
She has 7 posts so far. Which ones do you find sketchy and which do you find "okay"

Asking because I'm not sure I agree with you at this point in time.

Voting there anyways:
unlynch dolph
lynch shelter

I could see it being flip flops villager, but that's why I voted there yesterday.
 
On the road, some quick reads:

Lean soft village: WZ, AM, Pawsy for contributive and analytical posts while fostering activity

Also lean soft village on Cray from her D1 posts and good insights. Somewhat lean village on dolphin from WZ defense

Nulls on Mel, genny, Sporty (mixed feels)

Lean soft wolf on capri (giving me Reading wolf vibes from content), katasharky (weird D1 mechanics talk, vague insights) and Jimble/Skilary (seems too combative and resistant when responding to WZ and AM, feels in line with her prior wolf activity)

I'll go with:

Lynch Jimble the Skilary

Since i feel worse about her
This sounds like wolfy lawpy from last game
 
How is that off? It's reasonable to speculate how many wolves there are so we know how many mislynches we have.
Realized I forgot to respond to that part @Skimble
I do that every game. It's NAI. Actually I did it as a wolf last game because I talk about wolf numbers every game as a villager.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
On the road, some quick reads:

Lean soft village: WZ, AM, Pawsy for contributive and analytical posts while fostering activity

Also lean soft village on Cray from her D1 posts and good insights. Somewhat lean village on dolphin from WZ defense

Nulls on Mel, genny, Sporty (mixed feels)

Lean soft wolf on capri (giving me Reading wolf vibes from content), katasharky (weird D1 mechanics talk, vague insights) and Jimble/Skilary (seems too combative and resistant when responding to WZ and AM, feels in line with her prior wolf activity)

I'll go with:

Lynch Jimble the Skilary

Since i feel worse about her
What do you think @Animal Midwife? Is it a bus? :heckyeah:
 
I didn't say it was foolproof, I said that's where I had the most sketchy feels
That question probably sounded more snarky than I intended. I was asking for your thought process. How did you reach the conclusion that being wrong about shelter was wolfy in his particular case?
 
😱
Prove it

🙁 i somehow find myself with my foot in my mouth every game and in boiling water. This happens much more frequently as village even to the bizarre extent of defeatism that wolves like to take advantage :bag:

Here i gave my reads of everyone and thoughts so far based on what i read without hesitation. And right now i'm analyzing some posts because would like some clarity on mixed feels in my null reads.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I didn't think dolphin was a wolf, and I didn't want a tie.
on what grounds did you not think Dolphin was a wolf, and you could have lynched sporty who was on and off the lynch block but you made a majority in favor of a villager which gets you sketch points.
 
The timing/randomness of it felt off.

I realize I will likely get lynched today, and maybe that is for the best since I know I will be quite busy, but when I flip village, please look at WZ. She feels very off to me.
Noted. She's definitely "running village", though not sure if she's a wolf. How do you feel about AM?
 
The timing/randomness of it felt off.

I realize I will likely get lynched today, and maybe that is for the best since I know I will be quite busy, but when I flip village, please look at WZ. She feels very off to me.
You are fixating on something I literally do every single game, often without any kind of prompting or connection to anything else I've said. It helps me figure out how many people I should be trying to clear, and how many suspects I should have at minimum. And then evaluate other people's lists to see if they've been thinking through their suspects on a pack level instead of just individually.
 
@Crayola227 bump!

20103-0089-1-3ww-l.jpg
 
🙁 i somehow find myself with my foot in my mouth every game and in boiling water. This happens much more frequently as village even to the bizarre extent of defeatism that wolves like to take advantage :bag:

Here i gave my reads of everyone and thoughts so far based on what i read without hesitation. And right now i'm analyzing some posts because would like some clarity on mixed feels in my null reads.
I really haven't played with you enough to evaluate you on any kind of meta, so I'm just working with what I see in this thread

If you find that people tend to think your village play is sketchy...maybe try being less sketchy? 😉
 
I really haven't played with you enough to evaluate you on any kind of meta, so I'm just working with what I see in this thread

If you find that people tend to think your village play is sketchy...maybe try being less sketchy? 😉

The Colorado game is a recent one, although that was a bizarre situation where I broke the LIS rule and everyone piled on me 🙁

People have high expectations of poor Lawpy and Lawpy messes up when reading things fast :bag::sorry:
 
The Colorado game is a recent one, although that was a bizarre situation where I broke the LIS rule and everyone piled on me 🙁

People have high expectations of poor Lawpy and Lawpy messes up when reading things fast :bag::sorry:
Not recent enough for me dude, i vaguely remember you being mislynched but I couldn't tell you anything else about your play. I only really use meta if I've seen someone wolf and village several times and/or have wolfed with them recently.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Noted. She's definitely "running village", though not sure if she's a wolf. How do you feel about AM?
To be very honest. I don’t like the way AM plays. I hate that she forcefully asks questions, but never directly answers questions directed towards her. This rubs me wrong in a superiority complex type way. I often read her wrong and she almost always reads me wrong as well.
You are fixating on something I literally do every single game, often without any kind of prompting or connection to anything else I've said. It helps me figure out how many people I should be trying to clear, and how many suspects I should have at minimum. And then evaluate other people's lists to see if they've been thinking through their suspects on a pack level instead of just individually.
You say this like I haven’t been playing ww with you for several years now. I’m well aware of what is normal for you. This particular instance seemed strange to me.
 
You say this like I haven’t been playing ww with you for several years now. I’m well aware of what is normal for you. This particular instance seemed strange to me.
No I say it like you're reaching. The fact that you have played with me for a very long time is why I find it an odd thing to fixate on.