OrchWWestra sign-ups +/- game thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I still want to vomit
So ****ing close...like...right there...bells going off in my head and everything...

The other fun thing was that even though I tried to be completely impartial on my reread, AM had already gotten to me before I started it, so it clouded my vision a bit and got the confirmation bias going. I noticed a couple things (AM and cheezit didn't actually interact all that often in any meaningful way, and their voting record was pretty classic 2 man wolf pack) and for some reason decided those were the red herrings instead.

Why doesn't anyone ever remind me to stop rereading and just go with my gut at endgame? Not a single time has the analysis saved me :laugh:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
That's one thing I like about WW. Each game offers good opportunities to learn and do better. My major flaw is lack of consistency in thoughts and voting late (and also defeatism). That'll be fixed in future games. Admittedly, I learn more by playing than watching, so I'm in future games and help mod more games to have a better understanding and improve overall.

Reactions: 1 users
I still want to vomit
So ****ing close...like...right there...bells going off in my head and everything...

The other fun thing was that even though I tried to be completely impartial on my reread, AM had already gotten to me before I started it, so it clouded my vision a bit and got the confirmation bias going. I noticed a couple things (AM and cheezit didn't actually interact all that often in any meaningful way, and their voting record was pretty classic 2 man wolf pack) and for some reason decided those were the red herrings instead.

Why doesn't anyone ever remind me to stop rereading and just go with my gut at endgame? Not a single time has the analysis saved me :laugh:
I reminded you in my mind, and in the dead chat once I think.

Reactions: 1 user
Yesterday. When you were lurkin and I switched to you :p

Or also that last second one today, though that totally was a joke lol

My caps lock post was my actual reaction. Almost went into cardiac arrest as I told Mel.

And this was from yesterday in wolfchat:
i want to die

please get me out of this hell

Reactions: 5 users
My caps lock post was my actual reaction. Almost went into cardiac arrest as I told Mel.

And this was from yesterday in wolfchat:
One of these days I'll actually pull the trigger. It does satisfy me that some part of my brain knew what was going on. I'd had alarm bells trying to ring for a bit.

I'm gonna blame finals for the rest ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
D6! results:

Even when the players decide to stick around late for rehearsal, they still never disappoint.

Lynched is @SportPonies - the Xylophone + vanilla villager.

giphy.gif

DubZ didn't feel vindicated. She was sure Sporty had to be the one. If not Sporty, then who.... Must be Cray. She turned to see Melby smashing Cray to pieces.

Dead is @Crayola227 - the Clarinet + vanilla villager.
AM was sipping sparkling grape juice. "Cheers to you, DubZ. You've been had."

DubZ hung her head. Maybe she should've just eaten those hats....before Melby stuffed them down her throat.

Dead is @WildZoo - Triangle + vanilla villager.
Melby + AM went off celebrating into the night. #SketchMasons4Lyfe

sua-blackbox.jpg

WOLVES WIN IN A FULL SWEEP.

(I'll take that thank you now, Melby :biglove:)

Roster:
3. @Animal Midwife
5. @Melchizedek

Axed:
9. @sheltermed - Piano
6. @Skimble - Saxophone
12. @Lawper - Bassoon
8. @dolphin106258 - Flute
11. @capri1722 - Tambourine (1 death avoidance)
2. @StayingPositive2017 - Double Bass (protector)
13. @genny - Trombone
10. @katashark - Violin (unconvertable)
1. @SportPonies - Xylophone
7. @Crayola227 - Clarinet
4. @WildZoo - Triangle
What were the wolf roles anyway?

What were the wolf roles anyway?
Ooooh right. @Melchizedek was a trumpet and alpha wolf. He could choose to convert or kill a player and he wanted AM converted since night 1(after he decided WZ might actually have an aneurysm if he converted her). @Animal Midwife was a harp & vanilla villager originally.

Reactions: 3 users
Dubz is my wolf mom, @Mad Jack is my wolf dad, and KD is MJ's manator. So KD is my grandma but not related to Dubz.

I know it was totally unnecessary for me to explain this but I'm dying and don't want to look at parasites.
But now DubZ has compared me to a mother-in-law...

Dubz is my wolf mom, @Mad Jack is my wolf dad, and KD is MJ's manator. So KD is my grandma but not related to Dubz.

I know it was totally unnecessary for me to explain this but I'm dying and don't want to look at parasites.

Ah, that makes complete sense. And here I'll be the SDN bastard child forever (along with @dolphin106258 and @CoffeeQuestionMark ).

Ah, that makes complete sense. And here I'll be the SDN bastard child forever (along with @dolphin106258 and @CoffeeQuestionMark ).

Nah. I claim Coffee as my adopted daughter or sister or some **** because we're too connected in these games to not be somehow, oddly related even if it's only by choice

Mmmm, not exactly. I soft claimed @CoffeeQuestionMark since her first game AND first wolf out were with me and @genny. Genny has the greater claim since she was definitely the vet in that scenario. I also tried to steal @Stella Mudd & @Lawper from their manators because I'm partial to them for various reasons.

This is because I'm like a gorilla without a baby. I baby modded the noob game a year ago in an effort to prepare to mod myself, and as you can see, a year later and I don't think I'm quite qualified to do it yet. Digression. So I never got a noob of my very own :(

I can't take any credit for @Melchizedek (who can?) but he was newish when I was newish, and I only knew him from pre-allo, but since he was from the mean streets where there's so much bad blood (preallo/allo), I believe there's some relation.

Since you are also from the human med side and I knew you before WW, you have been forcefully adopted into my orphanage, which is basically like one of those comic book training grounds for villains, run by someone insane. You are only being informed of this action now, I already claimed this behind secret doors.

@StayingPositive2017 is my wolf cub sister since our first wolf outs ever happened together, and it was her first game ever, so a very special game. Pip is our wolf mother.

I was wrong about when my first game was and when AM's first game was, but we were once noobs together in the wild so I feel like that makes us like hatchmates separated at birth. One flew the nest and learned the fly and the other is the ugly duckling.

Anyway, point is, I never got a noob, I have this odd possessiveness of (affection for?) noobs and the human med people and people I played my first few games with.

I also adopted LIS as my grampa and WW lord and saviour, but we're still waiting for the second coming.

That is actually yours and Coffee's heritage in my remembrances. Sorry if you thought you were bastards, guess I did a helluva job raising you.

Where I am wrong, remember that I'm *that* relative, the one with memory problems that loves to tell you about family history.

Reactions: 2 users
@Crayola227 @WildZoo
How would you have reacted to AM fake claiming seer results that sporty was a wolf?
Part of me thought she was being so cagey because she was a seer (and her "trust me" line), so that would have fit the narrative lol

But it depends on whether it would have stood up to scrutiny. She'd have to have a really good fake action list because a lot of days she went into lynching someone she had openly suspected the day before.

But it depends on whether it would have stood up to scrutiny. She'd have to have a really good fake action list because a lot of days she went into lynching someone she had openly suspected the day before.

n1: dolphin - wanted to check between dolphin and sporty since they were up for lunch
n2: mel - make sure she wasn’t jumping in my pocket again
n3 : wz - because people started looking at you funny. This is why she voted Capri the next day when you were up for lunch
n4: paws - to make sure she didn’t have blinders on.
n5: sporty - for the fake tunneling. (And would claim sporty returned wolf results)

If things got dicey I came up with a plan for her to fake claim. This would either get you (dubz) to believe her or people would turn on her and Lynch her at which point I’d just convert dubz and wolves still would have won.

The pitfall I saw was that Dubz would have said she didn’t get any results that sounded like she was seered and I would confirm that which would cause discussion about whether mods would notify about protection but not seering. Which could have led to AM’s Lynch, but would we even have gotten to that discussion if she revealed like T-10 or T-5 from Lynch?

n1: dolphin - wanted to check between dolphin and sporty since they were up for lunch
n2: mel - make sure she wasn’t jumping in my pocket again
n3 : wz - because people started looking at you funny. This is why she voted Capri the next day when you were up for lunch
n4: paws - to make sure she didn’t have blinders on.
n5: sporty - for the fake tunneling. (And would claim sporty returned wolf results)

If things got dicey I came up with a plan for her to fake claim. This would either get you (dubz) to believe her or people would turn on her and Lynch her at which point I’d just convert dubz and wolves still would have won.
Lol I didn't even think about the fact that lynching her would have still lost the village the game. Even when I was right, cray and sporty were more right :laugh:

I'm not sure if I would have believed she'd check dolphin n1. And I'd have to look at the timing of when she started saying she felt good about me. But on surface level, that probably would have done it. I might have questioned there being a seer in a game that at the time looked like it was 1+1 convert.

It sounds like it gives me too much credit, but after whatever point Dubz said something abut AM being a convert and I said I was taking it seriously, I was basically kicking myself at that very moment that I hadn't gone for her earlier in some fashion. That sinking feeling like I frak I was right/wrong this whole time. Oh, but I still don't know about Dubz. Maybe I'm wrong. Well, that's OK, I can focus on Mel and wait to sort that out.

I didn't feel in a position to try to affect things. Who would I talk to? Mel? He's a wolf. The joking wolf (Dubz) that I can't tell if villager is reading me town or not, and is buddying up to my naked revealed wolf? I thought she was in total control of the game, and I tried to engage about this and that if she was being sincere she'd get serious and start talking about lynching Mel. Sporty? What more was there to be said? She was on Mel.

Yeah, I didn't think she was wolf but a plausible reason was introduced by AM and WZ at some point. Hey, I packed with SP, hey, does fake tunneling sound like something she'd do as a wolf? "I swear" based on me "gutz" feelz" "wolfdar"(I should rank these) but I should go look.

Why do you think I did actually go look for once and not rely on AM's memory? Because I could not make the feeling go away that the "SP is so wolfy" cries that I never localized well, were manufactured, and then the worry on AM being a convert combined.

Point is, the day started for me about Mel, WZ, AM, not Sporty (sorry). I dont know her meta as well. So my mind was more open in some ways.

HOWEVER

I had given AM several wolfdar ding free passes because WZ was being so goofy. So actual funny business on the level of a seer claim, no way. I almost voted her with "and omg did AM just wink at me." And that other emotional thing she said to WZ. PANIC. No way, I would have spooked with that claim. It would have pushed me further into AM paranoia land. I would then have voted in any way to kill you one of you two. It's a toss up if I would have moved from Mel to AM, but as you can see I was pretty married to Mel then the next wolf in that order.

lol didn't I already rant in the thread what PR claims make me wanna do. They just do not read village to me on kneejerk even under the best circumstances. I have to fight the instinct not to lynch PR claims on thread when I village. I think it's my noob reveal lynch PTSD moments that conditioned me to hear a reveal and wanna lynch. It's what I was "taught" is "supposed" to happen.

Darn I just realized what sort of a recollection bias it is that I project my own wolf meta onto all former old packmates. It's the play that I believe in, that I used on a team with them, and I probably explained my thought process. There's some sort of cognitive bias where if someone doesn't disagree they agree. Pack mentality.

So yes, I have seen Sporty fake tunnel her way through a whole game, vicariously through the shared body of the pack, of which I am part, and therefore always fake tunneling is always tool in the arsenal of the pack.

Glad that I deconstructed that part of how I was inadvertantly manufacturing wolf metas.

I thought she was in total control of the game, and I tried to engage about this and that if she was being sincere she'd get serious and start talking about lynching Mel.
I do hope this game has given you some insight on that point. I am never in control of myself, let alone the game :laugh:

Part of me thought she was being so cagey because she was a seer (and her "trust me" line), so that would have fit the narrative lol
See, the things you said on thread were maybe making you trust her, were having the opposite effect.

That was the "shark turns the head and sees you now" sorta moments I was having with AM where I was becoming more and more concerned she was a convert.

I do hope this game has given you some insight on that point. I am never in control of myself, let alone the game :laugh:
I was looking to you for direction, lol. I'm a pro, how did I not realize that you needed some to take command of you? ;) Next time, I will try harder to convince you.

Although, I did try once and it didn't work.

Like a cat stuck in a tree that you're trying to get down. Is there any way to talk you down, friend?

See, the things you said on thread were maybe making you trust her, were having the opposite effect.

That was the "shark turns the head and sees you now" sorta moments I was having with AM where I was becoming more and more concerned she was a convert.
It's like I said earlier, I underestimated her. I don't think I had seen wolf AM go for the emotional pull before. Not everyone will. I'm extremely susceptible to it so I usually have my guard up about it and will go the full other direction and autolynch anything that tries to touch my feels. This time I psyched myself out about it :laugh:

It's hard to really explain the mindgames I get into with myself. They get worse as the game goes on. I think my instincts are usually decent, it's just my confidence issues get in the way. Endgame has become a self fulfilling prophecy for me...maybe next time I'll remember to tell myself to shut up? I don't know.

I was looking to you for direction, lol. I'm a pro, how did I not realize that you needed some to take command of you? ;) Next time, I will try harder to convince you.

Although, I did try once and it didn't work.

Like a cat stuck in a tree that you're trying to get down. Is there any way to talk you down, friend?
I don't know that there is :laugh: I would just say if you feel like you should look to me for direction...don't haha
Or! Do the opposite of whatever I decide to do after rereading the thread. You were already there. You needed to convince me, and I can't tell you that there's any way you could have on your own. I think I needed sporty to convince me too. And instead she called me stupid :p not her fault, it's a valid way to react to what I was doing, but it wasn't going to change my mind.

I'll have to look back at the endgames that I've won as a villager, because there have actually been a few. Off the top of my head though, I'm pretty sure that it's just that I had the fortune of being left with someone I had been strongly village reading all game. And I don't think I was in a position where I felt like I was the deciding vote.

Granted I think I put myself in that position here.

God, so much could be gained from reading past threads. I just don't have the correct ratio of time and how well it holds my interest. It's been recent I could even follow games to their end I didn't die in.

Yeah, and I wish I had some insight how to have made that COT better for all 3 of us.

I needed to put aside the paranoia that you were "gaming" me and just take you seriously as freaked out villager. I don't know that it would have mattered, but I'm sure my tone would have been different talking to you.

I have no other advice except if you're even in lylo with me and AM and you're unsure, read me village? lol

I think Skimble so far has a great history on reading wolfy Cray.

If we all just find one villager to rely on to help confirm our one most problematic town read, I'm sure this will all get sorted out in the future! :nod:

I just hope I go on a village run for a while, I'd like to try to improve that part of my game before I go back to wolfing and have to try to imitate whatever the hell I was doing here