You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Pacific Northwest University (PNWU-COM) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016
Started by AlteredScale
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Received Secondary, verified 6/4
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Prompts anyone?
shortest thread of the year
Describe rural and underserved health care and what do you see as your role in serving these populations?Prompts anyone?
Glad I didn't pre write the secondary based on the last two years prompt!Describe rural and underserved health care and what do you see as your role in serving these populations?
What was it in the past?Glad I didn't pre write the secondary based on the last two years prompt!
Funny how I'd never be accepted to med school if I was now forced to answer questions such as these.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just submitted my secondary as well, and didn't really get any solid confirmation they received it. It was kind of a weird application process compared to other schools I feel like, with no real login or anything?Has anyone received confirmation that their secondary was submitted by email after submitting it? I didn't so I'm not sure if they actually got it
Does this school have a fee waiver?
Does this school have a fee waiver?
Yes, but you have to pay and submit your application first. Then you send in a copy of your fee waiver to their admissions email and then they refund your credit card.
Just got verified yesterday evening and this was the first secondary I got. The prompt is weird for me because I kind of already answered it in my PS. I guess I'll just elaborate on it. Still have to get my last LOR too, along with my committee meeting.
What is the average MCAT/GPA for this school?
Any luck of an Ohio resident applying here? Its a great school & would love to go here. would love your opinions!
What is the average MCAT/GPA for this school?
According to their website, for the Class of 2018:
- Average Age (on matriculation date): 27.16
- Age range: 21 - 47
- Gender: Female 42%/Male: 58%
- Matriculants from our 5-state catchment area - 78%
- Alaska - 8%
- Idaho - 10%
- Montana - 3%
- Oregon - 12%
- Washington - 45%
- Average Cumulative GPA: 3.41
- Average Science GPA: 3.36
- MCAT Score Average (highest): 26.89
Only one question? How many words limit?Describe rural and underserved health care and what do you see as your role in serving these populations?
I have not received an invite. I am OOS. Is that normal?
Only one question? How many words limit?
I have not received an invite. I am OOS. Is that normal?
I'm applying from TN, and the limit was one page. They did not have characters or word limit.
Did you guys receive a confirmation email after submitting your secondaries? I didn't get anything...
I got an email saying all my material had been received today but I submitted last week.
Did you guys receive a confirmation email after submitting your secondaries? I didn't get anything...
Just submitted the secondary! I have a feeling this school is my best chance of an acceptance
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did you guys put the exact number class size? OR can it be approximately? I am ready to submit, but not sure if I should wait to call the school tomorrow.
I just looked up my school on wikipedia, and divided the total students by 4. I think they really just want an estimate, so I wouldn't stress it too much
I gave an approximate value as well, if it helps put your mind at ease a little.Did you guys put the exact number class size? OR can it be approximately? I am ready to submit, but not sure if I should wait to call the school tomorrow.
It seems like secondaries are starting to trickle out. I was verified in early June but nothing for me, 3.72 cGPA, 3.6 sGPA, CA resident.
Ill wait 1-2 weeks before contacting them. Did anyone get an email saying their primary was received?
Ill wait 1-2 weeks before contacting them. Did anyone get an email saying their primary was received?
It seems like secondaries are starting to trickle out. I was verified in early June but nothing for me, 3.72 cGPA, 3.6 sGPA, CA resident.
Ill wait 1-2 weeks before contacting them. Did anyone get an email saying their primary was received?
Must be they're trying to get PNW residents first. I was verified about mid July and got their secondary a few days later
I would wait. I was verified late May and got a secondary just a couple of days ago. It will come soon.It seems like secondaries are starting to trickle out. I was verified in early June but nothing for me, 3.72 cGPA, 3.6 sGPA, CA resident.
Ill wait 1-2 weeks before contacting them. Did anyone get an email saying their primary was received?
I would wait. I was verified late May and got a secondary just a couple of days ago. It will come soon.
They are preparing for the incoming class to begin this week/next week, so things are probably going to be very slow. I spoke with them earlier this week and they still haven't even decided when they are going to have a meeting to decide when to start reviewing secondaries, so we are still way ahead of the game. Just be patient-I know that that is WAY easier said then done, but you are fine.
Received complete and under review emails today! I'm hoping for some good news from here in the next couple weeks.![]()
Same. It would be nice to stay in the area where my friends and family all are
I got the secondary invite today. It's odd that you just upload your essay and then thats it. No confirmation or anything. Apparently that comes later when PNWU has all your supporting docs.
I got a confirmation the next day.I got the secondary invite today. It's odd that you just upload your essay and then thats it. No confirmation or anything. Apparently that comes later when PNWU has all your supporting docs.
Just now I got the message that my file is complete and under review.
This is my number one school, very hopeful for good news.
PNWU is one of my top schools! Just sent in my applications (little late). Looking forward to receiving all the updates.
PNWU was the first school to send me a secondary after I was verified 7/31 🙂 working on the secondary
Edit: submitted!
Edit: submitted!
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey did anybody receive a secondary without an official mcat?
I didn't get a secondary until my MCAT was in. I took it June 19.
I didn't get a secondary until my MCAT was in. I took it June 19.
Hey Thank you! I appreciate you answering. I feel like I have no idea whats going on sometimes!
I know how you feel. Also, if you have just recently taken the mcat, I would call in to ask for them to update your application. I had my scores into AACOMAS 7/21 and I called yesterday to make sure everything was good to go and they hadn't updated it yet. They wait for the phone call to do it. :/ so, as of yesterday my secondary is complete. I wish I would have known that sooner.Hey Thank you! I appreciate you answering. I feel like I have no idea whats going on sometimes!
.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 200
- Views
- 58K
- Replies
- 429
- Views
- 119K
- Replies
- 464
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 411
- Views
- 66K
- Replies
- 502
- Views
- 130K

