Pacific Northwest University (PNWU-COM) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Was in top 20, moved to top 10 June 13, accepted today!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Accepted today! Good luck all!!
Congrats! I know you said you were in the top 10- do you know what exact rank you were sitting at? I'm trying to estimate how many spots I have moved up! Thanks for your update- it gives me hope :)

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats! I know you said you were in the top 10- do you know what exact rank you were sitting at? I'm trying to estimate how many spots I have moved up! Thanks for your update- it gives me hope :)
I was only told I was on the top 10. I did start in the top 20, then got the bump to 10 last June 13th.. Hope that helps, good luck to you!

I got an email late Wednesday letting me know that I was in the current top 5. I really hope to hear from the school by Friday, because if not I will be off to UNECOM in Maine, as their classes start August 1.

I got an email late Wednesday letting me know that I was in the current top 5. I really hope to hear from the school by Friday, because if not I will be off to UNECOM in Maine, as their classes start August 1.
What was your rank initially?

Ha! Accepted and wasn't even ranked! :soexcited:

You weren't ranked?!?! Thank goodness, this means there may still be hope. Keeping my fingers crossed!!!! Out of curiosity did they let you know you had suddenly become ranked?

You weren't ranked?!?! Thank goodness, this means there may still be hope. Keeping my fingers crossed!!!! Out of curiosity did they let you know you had suddenly become ranked?
lol it was a joke. If you're not accepted by now, you are SOL.

Nice joke, kinda messed up though; I am sure you got a lot of people. Although a lot people might be SOL, some who are in the top 5 might still have a chance.

Reactions: 1 users
For those still waiting.. The incoming class just got their official schedules and all of our matriculation requirements are considered past due by this point. Because of this, I believe the admissions department has accepted all of the students for 2020 (this isn't confirmed). Make sure you've applied for this next cycle if you are still waiting. If money is a concern (and you qualify), file for the Fee Waiver. That's what I did and it helped A LOT!
Continue to look at the bigger picture for inspiration. Your future in medicine is possible! Medicine is not for those who can see themselves doing something else. If medicine is what you really want to do... don't give up! This is only the beginning :prof: Good Luck!!!

An attitude like "sorry you're SOL" is not going to serve anyone well in medical school or otherwise. Good grades and a solid MCAT score are important but perseverance, compassion, attitude, and an altruistic personality are just as essential. For those not accepted this cycle, reflect on what you have learned and what you need to work on for next time! Best of luck.

Nice joke, kinda messed up though; I am sure you got a lot of people. Although a lot people might be SOL, some who are in the top 5 might still have a chance.
An attitude like "sorry you're SOL" is not going to serve anyone well in medical school or otherwise. Good grades and a solid MCAT score are important but perseverance, compassion, attitude, and an altruistic personality are just as essential. For those not accepted this cycle, reflect on what you have learned and what you need to work on for next time! Best of luck.
Don't worry guys; you're talking to one extremely jaded and sour pre-med in Pglo who failed to matriculate yet again. They just wrapped up their second or third cycle with a bunch of waitlists that turned out to be lemons. And no, they're not matriculating at a top 30. Not anywhere any time soon evidently.

Just because you can't deal with your problems doesn't mean you can go around being a you know what to everyone.

Last edited:
Don't worry guys; you're talking to one extremely jaded and sour pre-med in Pglo who failed to matriculate yet again. They just wrapped up their second or third cycle with a bunch of waitlists that turned out to be lemons. And no, they're not matriculating at a top 30. Not anywhere any time soon evidently.

Just because you can't deal with your problems doesn't mean you can go around being a you know what to everyone.
Believe what you want random internet bro. I'll be laughing while I have the time of my life.

It's real easy.. Click on their profile then tap Ignore. You no longer get to see worthless comments made by them.

Done and done.

Welcome all to the PNWU Family!! :)
A place where we support each other and rise above the petty drama, because we can see the bigger picture. I can't wait to meet my fellow c/o 2020 in a week. Enjoy your summer! :D

Reactions: 3 users
Did you end up hearing from PNWU in time or did you go to UNECOM?

I know this is only like 6 months late, but I was browsing through and saw this. I've seen you around here for a while now and wanted to say congrats :) Hopefully 1st year is treating you alright.