Pacific Northwest University (PNWU-COM) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did anyone receive an email telling them they are in top 30?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys! I got an email today letting me know that I was top 20 waitlisted. Does anybody know how many people usually get off the waitlist here?

Hey how was the email worded. Do you mind copying the paragraph into a message?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

The only way to verify if top 30 is out would be to call the admissions tomorrow ha. And for all of you left out there wondering, it is highly possible that they could have ranked to 12 for example and thus sent out emails saying top 20. I highly doubt they finished ranking it in one day because I bet they started today.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
So I take it radio silence today means we are not in the top 30? I also heard they rank top 30 so maybe they haven't finished.

Also people don't forget:
I didn't get an email either. Hopefully they're just not done ranking....

Boo I didn't hear anything today either. Fingers crossed I guess.

Reactions: 1 user
I got a call today that I'm accepted. I am super excited to join the class of 2020!!

I didn't know my rank because I never received an email. My portal was updated to show an offer was given with due date for materials in 14 days. Best luck to all of those still waiting and applying next round!

Reactions: 6 users
I think for those of us who have not heard yet may be out of luck. But good luck today and tomorrow on the ranking.

I think for those of us who have not heard yet may be out of luck. But good luck today and tomorrow on the ranking.
I wouldn't say out of the running, but i would say our chances are diminished significantly. Still trying to remain hopeful though!

Has anyone else recieved a top 30 email?

Spoke with pnwu admissions to confirm the email was sent out yesterday. Top 30 have been ranked, emails were sent out yesterday. The rest of us... next year :=|:-):

You never know several last year were not initially ranked and got in

I wish they would have emailed those of us that weren't in the top 30 to let us know that, might have kept me from spending hours refreshing my email for something that wasn't coming. Oh well guess I better start preparing my application to submit next month.

I wish they would have emailed those of us that weren't in the top 30 to let us know that, might have kept me from spending hours refreshing my email for something that wasn't coming. Oh well guess I better start preparing my application to submit next month.
This is what I was just thinking...... At least we can transfer over most of our info from our AACOMAS app from this cycle onto the new one.....

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey how was the email worded. Do you mind copying the paragraph into a message?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Sure thing, here it is:
Hello,

The PNWU-COM Admission Committee has started ranking the waitlist. I am happy to notify you that you are in the top 20 on the ranked waitlist.

Thank you for your patience during the application process. If a seat becomes available for fall, 2016 I will call you with an offer of admission. Offers made after May 15 will require an immediate decision. Feel free to review the “New Student” page on PNWU.edu and contact us if you have any questions.

Reactions: 1 users
Were there people that received a notice saying they are in the top 10? Or did they just lump them togethet as top 20?

Yes. I received an email stating I was ranked in the top 10.

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone know how many people are on the waitlist total? Or how many are non-ranked?

Very conflicting info on this one. Some say 100, others say more than 100.... n - 30= unranked
Yeah that one guy here said 100, but that stat is an n=1 so take it with a heaping grain of salt. The optimist in me wants to say it's <100

Reactions: 2 users
Yeah that one guy here said 100, but that stat is an n=1 so take it with a heaping grain of salt. The optimist in me wants to say it's <100
I was simply repeating what i was told by different admission department members. I highly doubt there are only 100 waitlist spots. My guess is that they probably only rank the top 100 and keep a rolling cycle until the class fills up.

I was simply repeating what i was told by different admission department members. I highly doubt there are only 100 waitlist spots. My guess is that they probably only rank the top 100 and keep a rolling cycle until the class fills up.
I asked Hope a few days ago. The rest aren't ranked and won't become ranked unless those 30 don't take all the spots that open. I asked how many unranked people there were remaining on the waitlist and she said she didn't know for sure but would guess around 100. Hope this helps.

I spoke with someone that was admitted off the wait list this last week. So it is moving.

I'm assuming they were ranked in the top 20/30?
Most likely. Don't forget they supposedly make 50-60 offers on the waitlist. Not being ranked isn't the end of the world.

A little too quiet in the Pacific Northwest...

3 were taken off the top 10 during this time
As in given offers to join the fall class or they removed themselves for other schools or whatever the reason?

I was trying to set up a phone call with Admissions to get a feel about submitting next round applications in the upcoming weeks but am having a hard time getting a hold of anyone. Is anyone else having this problem? Those that are on the waitlist what is your plan in regards to submitting next round?

As in given offers to join the fall class or they removed themselves for other schools or whatever the reason?

I was trying to set up a phone call with Admissions to get a feel about submitting next round applications in the upcoming weeks but am having a hard time getting a hold of anyone. Is anyone else having this problem? Those that are on the waitlist what is your plan in regards to submitting next round?
They told us the waitlist is a good spot to be in. Even if you're unranked, there's some chance you should hear something.

Also there's no real way to validate things that are said here. The only way to find out accurate info on the waitlist is to call them yourself.

I know I probably contradicted my last post lol.

They told us the waitlist is a good spot to be in. Even if you're unranked, there's some chance you should hear something.
I just feel like I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place. I don't necessarily want to fork over all that money to reapply if I'm going to be pulled off the waitlist. But I don't want to wait and apply then have my application sent in late if I don't get accepted this round.

I just feel like I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place. I don't necessarily want to fork over all that money to reapply if I'm going to be pulled off the waitlist. But I don't want to wait and apply then have my application sent in late if I don't get accepted this round.

That's exactly my feeling about it too. I emailed hoped asking if she knew how many people had been offered acceptances off the waitlist, and how late they accept people (before orientation or just before school starts). It's kind of a catch 22. Play it safe and submit your apps early, or wait til you know for sure about this year and risk not getting a secondary in early enough.

They got admitted so the waitlist is moving slowly but surely :)

Has anyone ranked in the Top 20 heard anything or gotten an update on their current position? Also does anyone know when applicants have to drop multiple acceptances so PNWU can start moving through the ranked waitlist?

Does anyone know when is the last day they accept people off the waitlist? I would imagine it would have to be before orientation and the white coat ceremony. I emailed Hope, but she hasn't got back to me yet.

Does anyone know when is the last day they accept people off the waitlist? I would imagine it would have to be before orientation and the white coat ceremony. I emailed Hope, but she hasn't got back to me yet.

At the interview seminar, they said "the waitlist drags on through July" but that they have even accepted people even during the first week of classes (I assume when other students don't show up or withdraw from the school with late notice).

Has anyone ranked in the Top 20 heard anything or gotten an update on their current position? Also does anyone know when applicants have to drop multiple acceptances so PNWU can start moving through the ranked waitlist?

May 15th was the cutoff date to where a student must commit to only one school. After this time, a school may retract their offer of admission if a student still held multiple acceptances. I believe I read this information in the AACOMAS booklet but not 100% sure.

At the interview seminar, they said "the waitlist drags on through July" but that they have even accepted people even during the first week of classes (I assume when other students don't show up or withdraw from the school with late notice).
Hope just emailed me back. They extend offers all the way into the first week of class if necessary

May 15th was the cutoff date to where a student must commit to only one school. After this time, a school may retract their offer of admission if a student still held multiple acceptances. I believe I read this information in the AACOMAS booklet but not 100% sure.
This is correct. However, not all schools will go by this rule.

When I talked to hope last week she said they have had a little movement on the waitlist but not a lot. I think we all could have guessed that though.