Pacific Northwest University (PNWU-COM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
When were you complete? My status is still at "Committee" since 9/23. Should I call them?

I would definitely call. My complete date was 10/14. My decision status never said "Committee" actually. Yesterday is was still "No decision".

Members don't see this ad.

@kj8210 I received the email saying I was complete on 10/18. The email said it would take 4-6 weeks to review. Maybe call? I sent them an email on Monday kind of asking for an update/seeing if they needed anything else from me.

How long did it take after you submitted your secondary for them to email you your login information for the self service portal?

Members don't see this ad :)
How long did it take after you submitted your secondary for them to email you your login information for the self service portal?

It wasn't very long. For some reason I can't seem to make sequence from the emails I received. I would shoot them an email asking about it.

@kj8210 I received the email saying I was complete on 10/18. The email said it would take 4-6 weeks to review. Maybe call? I sent them an email on Monday kind of asking for an update/seeing if they needed anything else from me.

Did you status go from complete to committee or from complete to interview? I was told that the committee status takes longer for applications to be looked at.

When were you complete? My status is still at "Committee" since 9/23. Should I call them?

I'm in the exact same boat. I've been under "committee" since 9/23 as well and starting to get anxious! I thought I read an earlier post about someone being committee status for 4 maybe even 6 weeks earlier in this thread but I could be wrong. I think if I don't hear anything by Friday I will call as that will be 5 weeks!

Did you status go from complete to committee or from complete to interview? I was told that the committee status takes longer for applications to be looked at.

It went from "No Decision" to "Interview" without ever specifically stating that I was on 'Committee". I actually had kept waiting for it to change from "No Decision" to "Committee" but it just went right to "Interview".

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
My "Decision" status on the Self Service portal turned to "Interview" today. I haven't received an email from them about it yet but I'm super stoked. For those who have been accepted, any tips to nail the interview or anything particular to be prepared for? I'm a non-trad applicant and from the area (rural, underserved town in Eastern Washington).

Any help? Thanks!

Just be yourself - give thoughtful answers - and think out loud. Explain your answers, and think about different perspectives. Don't over rehearse, launching into practices answers. Also make sure you are familiar with your own application. Nothing could be worse then potentially being asked about something you wrote about or put on your own app and not having a sufficient answer.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I was thinking back to last year' interview and I remember one interviewer was strictly about my application. I'm can't remember though if the others were "blind" and didn't have access to my information before had or they all did. Does anybody know?

It wasn't very long. For some reason I can't seem to make sequence from the emails I received. I would shoot them an email asking about it.
Thanks! I will do that

Just got the call from Hope! Accepted!!!

Reactions: 6 users
Thanks! I will do that

Also, I still haven't received an email about an interview. My status on my portal is the only thing that has changed. They may still be assigning interviews to candidates and then will send the emails out once they are done.

Aka just because your status hasn't changed yet doesn't mean that it won't soon.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats! When did you interview? How did you feel the interview went? Any tips or things to be prepared for?
Interviewed 10/14. I thought the interview went alright, I got done early with like a few minutes left on one of the stations but the person was nice and made small talk with me so It wasn't too stressful, another one didn't start talking about the prompt with me for like 4 minutes they were just asking about who I was. Compared to other MMIs, very low stress. It is open file for all of those wondering, gpa and mcat included. Good luck and be yourself! I know you probably hate hearing that from someone who's already done it, but really once you're done you'll realize that there was no point in prepping for questions

Reactions: 2 users
Just received an II here! For those of you who have interviewed, did any of you sign up to be notified if an earlier date opened up? I'm currently scheduled for Feb 3rd which is way later than I would like so hoping they have dates open up.

Just received an II here! For those of you who have interviewed, did any of you sign up to be notified if an earlier date opened up? I'm currently scheduled for Feb 3rd which is way later than I would like so hoping they have dates open up.

Yes, I did this.

I was originally scheduled for January, then was able to move up to November 4th, Nkinder.

Reactions: 1 users
For those that are ACCEPTED and CHOOSING PNWU for sure, the facebook page to start meeting with your new classmates is 'PNWU class of 2021'

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!! I'm sending you my positive vibes!

Ugh the dreaded WL, and so the waiting game begins...again ha

Awesome! How much were you able to move yours up by?
I moved mine from Nov 18th to Oct 7th. There was a cancellation so I was given short notice but I am semi-local and so I took it anyway. I was admitted last week.

My application status online says: "committee/ 9/29/2016" underneath the heading "Decision/date"

what does that mean?

My application status online says: "committee/ 9/29/2016" underneath the heading "Decision/date"

what does that mean?
It means your application was completed, was prepared and ready for evaluation by the committee on 9/29. Once they reach a decision (I think I've read other people saying it can be 3-6 weeks) the decision/date will be updated to reflect the decision.

They all have accesss. It isn't blind. You do 4 MMI stations. I think each are 8 minutes long.

1 will be only per your application and it's open file. The other 3 will be scenario-based. There will be a prompt outside the door, you have 2 minutes to read it before entering the room. Then you go in and discuss it. They will usually be something on a work scenario and using a past experience to explain how you would handle the situation.
Then you will do a group interview with your pod (I think there are like 8-12 people). The goal here is to be PROFESSIONAL, and to acknowledge that your idea is not superior. It's less about what you know and more about how you work with each other. We had a guy that was a total jerk in ours...guess who didn't get accepted?

Overall, it's very low stress. The faculty here that interviews you (really, just in general) are great. They are genuinely interested in you.

Tl;Dr don't stress. Just be yourself. You were obviously fine on paper. The interview is jo longer about your grades/GPA, it's to make sure that you aren't a total jerk and that you will fit in with your future classmates.

I emailed Hope and asked her if there were any slots open due to cancellations and she responded to me within a week offering me an earlier slot.

For anyone who is interviewing on the 4th, I'm going to be driving up to Yakima and getting in mid-day on the 3rd so if you want to grab an early dinner PM me. I'm sure I'll be looking for ways to distract myself from my nerves!

Application finally went to committee yesterday after being in "no decision" for almost a month, anyone know how long it stays in committee?
Finally went to committee today! As said in the email I received, it takes 3-4 weeks for them to review my application. Does that commence from the date I received the email, or today, since it went to committee finally?
I'm in the exact same boat. I've been under "committee" since 9/23 as well and starting to get anxious! I thought I read an earlier post about someone being committee status for 4 maybe even 6 weeks earlier in this thread but I could be wrong. I think if I don't hear anything by Friday I will call as that will be 5 weeks!

my portal went to "committee" on 8/19 and I didn't receive an interview invitation via email until 9/19!

First Year here! If you want to email me you're more than welcome to... but basically there are 4 MMI stations, 1 group interview, a student-lead tour, and an OMT demonstration. MMI’s are a mixture of things.. think ethics, PNW affinity, your application, mock scenarios, etc.

My best advice would be to know how you feel about something and stick with it. Stay true to yourself, know your application in case questions come up, and show your personality! The school already sees you on paper and statistically. They are looking for personalities at this point.

The ultimate factor for me choosing PNWU was the feeling I had while interviewing on campus. I was nervous-excited yet felt comfortable. Even though medical school interviewing should be a stressful process, I found it to be a lot easier than expected. The administration personnel were very sweet and the professors I did my MMIs with were genuinely interested in what I had to say.

GOOD LUCK!

If I went to committee on 9/29 and it still says committee should I give them a call or wait it out?

anyone else interview on 10/14 and still waiting to hear back?!? they said last week, so I'm goin a little stir crazy

anyone else interview on 10/14 and still waiting to hear back?!? they said last week, so I'm goin a little stir crazy
Yeah, I haven't heard yet either! I think the decisions will come out this week.

If I went to committee on 9/29 and it still says committee should I give them a call or wait it out?

I went to committee on 9/23 and mine also still says committee so I sent them an email and they let me know that the committee process can take 4-6 weeks so I would wait a little longer before contacting them!

I just got wait listed :(
Don't be discouraged! Things could work out :) If you're really interested in this school, I would look into securing housing in Yakima in the chance you are pulled off the waitlist and offered a spot. I heard finding housing here can be difficult

Has anyone received their acceptance letter in the mail with a return due date? mine has a space for the due date but it was left blank. Just want to know when we have to let them know by. Thanks!

Has anyone received their acceptance letter in the mail with a return due date? mine has a space for the due date but it was left blank. Just want to know when we have to let them know by. Thanks!
December 14th.

Application changed to "committee"

Last edited:
Just called PNWU; as an update to my fellow applicants, they are running very behind in terms of processing applications. For those of you that received emails that said "3-4 weeks" in committee review, that is now more like 4-6 weeks. I was also told that it is looking to be more like 6 weeks due to being so backed up. Thought I'd share for you anxious applicants!

Accepted to KCU-COM. will be withdrawing my II for this Friday. 510 MCAT 3.6 GPA maybe one of you guys can change your II date at the last second and snag my spot. good luck!!

Accepted to KCU-COM. will be withdrawing my II for this Friday. 510 MCAT 3.6 GPA maybe one of you guys can change your II date at the last second and snag my spot. good luck!!
hey nydaynow, congratulations on the acceptance! Just wondering if you have already called PNWU to let them know?

Just checked my portal.. it says "Deny post-supplement / 11/3/2016". I really thought I had a decent chance considering my activities and secondary essay fit their mission so well. Ugh :(

Just checked my portal.. it says "Deny post-supplement / 11/3/2016". I really thought I had a decent chance considering my activities and secondary essay fit their mission so well. Ugh :(
Me too :/ I put a lot of heart into that essay and my are stats higher than their average. However, I am from the Northeast so I guess I was at a disadvantage. Thing is I really wouldn't mind staying in the PNW after graduating. Good luck with everything else, keep your head up! :)

Last edited:
Me too :/ I put a lot of heart into that essay and my are stats higher than their average. However, I am from the Northeast so I guess I was at a disadvantage. Thing is I really wouldn't mind staying in the PNW after graduating. Good luck with everything else, keep your head up! :)
I'm sorry to hear that. May I ask when you all were complete and/or moved to committee? Good luck with everything else this cycle!