Pacific Northwest University (PNWU-COM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm sorry to hear that. May I ask when you all were complete and/or moved to committee? Good luck with everything else this cycle!
9/27/16 so a little bit more than a month

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Me too :/ I put a lot of heart into that essay and my are stats higher than their average. However, I am from the Northeast so I guess I was at a disadvantage. Thing is I really wouldn't mind staying in the PNW after graduating. Good luck with everything else, keep your head up! :)
I'm sorry. I am from Cali so I guess I had that disadvantage too. Good luck to you too :)

I'm sorry to hear that. May I ask when you all were complete and/or moved to committee? Good luck with everything else this cycle!

I was complete on 9/23 and went to committee on 9/26 I believe.

Interviewing here tomorrow! Good luck to everyone else interviewing!!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else interviewing 11/18?

Interviewed on 11/4
the wait begins.

Reactions: 4 users
Their turnaround is pretty fast, the wait shouldn't be too long! Did they tell you about how long it would be? Ours was pretty dead on the date they gave

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile

Their turnaround is pretty fast, the wait shouldn't be too long! Did they tell you about how long it would be? Ours was pretty dead on the date they gave

They said, two weeks. Those feel like years away. Haha.

Is anyone going to be dropping the 11/18 interview date? If so, can you please message me!

Got an II here. Out of state, the drive from MI might be killer.

Got an II here. Out of state, the drive from MI might be killer.
Congrats! This is a school I'm really hoping to interview at since I am from Oregon. When were you complete?

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats! This is a school I'm really hoping to interview at since I am from Oregon. When were you complete?

Mid to late august I think

*ATTENTION ALL APPLICANTS*

This November 30th is National Osteopathic Night Out! Once a year osteopathic medical students take to coffee shops across the country to meet with pre-medical students for an informal Q & A.

PNWU will be hosting at North Town Coffeehouse in downtown Yakima!

Nov 30, 2016
6-8pm
Cost = $5
with 100% of proceeds going to Covenant House

http://tinyurl.com/nono-2016

*ATTENTION ALL APPLICANTS*

This November 30th is National Osteopathic Night Out! Once a year osteopathic medical students take to coffee shops across the country to meet with pre-medical students for an informal Q & A.

PNWU will be hosting at North Town Coffeehouse in downtown Yakima!

Nov 30, 2016
6-8pm
Cost = $5
with 100% of proceeds going to Covenant House

http://tinyurl.com/nono-2016

Thanks for the heads up!

Hey anyone else on the 6th week of committee review and have not heard anything back? I went to committee on 09/29.

What does it mean when the portal says interview, but you haven't received an email?

Looking forward to the interview here on Friday 11/18. Nervous but so excited!

Reactions: 3 users
Just saw my portal change to interview this morning :)

Complete 09/27/16, OOS (CA resident)

Reactions: 2 users
are lectures mandatory? if so, which ones are mandatory? would I need to live in the yakima area for first and second year? Is it possible to commute from Seattle for OMM and clinical stuff?

are lectures mandatory? if so, which ones are mandatory? would I need to live in the yakima area for first and second year? Is it possible to commute from Seattle for OMM and clinical stuff?
I'm not sure if lectures are mandatory (someone else may be able to speak about this) but when I did visit the school and sat in on a lecture, I only saw a small handful of empty spots open and was told majority of students attend lectures in person and spend a great deal of time studying on campus. During the lecture I sat in on, the professor would ask a question, and then call out a number and the student that was assigned that number would respond into the microphone. Again, not sure if class participation is required or graded, but I assume it would be beneficial to attend all lectures in person given the nature of participation

Reactions: 2 users
Lecture is not required but we do have interactive sessions at least a few days every week that are. we also have a number of classes where we have quizzes every week. I pretty much never go to lecture, but have to come to campus every day for one or another reason. you defiantly would not be able to live in seattle, but I do have a friend who commutes to Seattle every weekend.

Lecture is not required but we do have interactive sessions at least a few days every week that are. we also have a number of classes where we have quizzes every week. I pretty much never go to lecture, but have to come to campus every day for one or another reason. you defiantly would not be able to live in seattle, but I do have a friend who commutes to Seattle every weekend.

Thank you. I appreciate this information :)

Can anyone who has interviewed expand on how the group interview/activity works? Is it like a discussion on a topic?

Can anyone who has interviewed expand on how the group interview/activity works? Is it like a discussion on a topic?

The group interview is on a fairly broad topic. One that you can voice your opinion and expand upon. It's a discussion among 8 people or so while administration is listening.

The group interview is on a fairly broad topic. One that you can voice your opinion and expand upon. It's a discussion among 8 people or so while administration is listening.
Great thank you! Interviewing this Friday, excited from what I've learned about the school and what friends have told me!

On the list for an earlier interview date (if anything opens) for those of you who were on this list, did you call and ask for an earlier date or wait until they called you? Thanks!

On the list for an earlier interview date (if anything opens) for those of you who were on this list, did you call and ask for an earlier date or wait until they called you? Thanks!
After I called and asked to be considered for an earlier interview date, I did not call again. I was called later that same day. But I would say if you are already on the list, let them contact you.

Accepted. I think my exact answer when I was told was, "ok...I'm really happy, even if you can't tell from my tone...just...shocked/happy"

If PNWU is your final destination, come join our "PNWU Class of 2021" on facebook! Also, some of us are meeting tomorrow night in Issaquah for some dinner/getting to know each other. If you are interested in attending, info can be found on the class fb page, or feel free to message me for details.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Accepted at 11:15 this morning! I literally refreshed my portal 2 seconds before the call and it had not changed. I refreshed it immediately after the call and it said offer under application status, so I think they update the portal when calling.

Anyways, really excited! This is my top choice!

Last edited:
Waitlisted. Just refreshed my portal and saw the update. No phone call or email as of yet, so here's to more waiting!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Hi all, interviewed on 11/4, accepted 11/17. My thoughts on the interview: stay with a PNWU student the night before (saves money, let's you hear about the school and their interview experience). Interview day: didn't like the group discussion activity. People in my group talked over each other. I got my thoughts in once, some barely got to speak. So don't be the rude person, but don't sit and miss your opportunity to share your thought. Individual interviews: prepare for them like any med school interview. Know why you are pursuing osteopathic medicine. Keep the conversation natural. Smile and laugh. Let me know if you have any questions.