Persistence of Minecraft WW Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
WZ opened convos with me so not super strange that promo could know that. Also, why is pbc in the nether again? That is frustrating

Sent from my VS876 using SDN mobile

I was thinking maybe someone decided to put PBC back in The Nether to attempt to verify her just a Minecraft wolf claim? I have no idea though, all I think I know about The Nether is that it appears that people just go for the day and can't do anything while there. Do we think a villager is putting people in The Nether? I don't remember if anyone who has been there has said if their action from the night before going was voided or not. Anyone?

Members don't see this ad.

Also, I know it may not really mean anything but I was looking at the roster and found it odd that people around Crayola are dropping like flies.

lynch Crayola

This is not exactly a defense. Plus you were already on my maybe-wolfy list.

******** Lynch Crayola *******

Edit: Gah, I meant to quote Crayola's song lyrics post. Stupid phone app.

Members don't see this ad :)
Not sure why Abney keeps putting me on the lynch list. In my last and first JDH WW thread, a few things came up:

1) I read on wiki that when you play with the same people a lot, the best strategy according to game theory is to develop an honest reputation (unless of course, you're a wolf.} I said that there and here. I'm new so sure, no one will believe me. Time will build the rep.

2) What also came up, is that my lynch vote tends to go towards those falsely accusing me and leading the bandwagon. I don't trust people that come after me for no good reason. If nothing else, they're rabble rousers leading bad lynches Of course we'll have bad lynches but still, should be avoided. Sure, people say wolves won't lead the bandwagon and draw attention that way. So *trying* to get villagers lynched sounds like a good wolf in sheep's clothing trick. So all in all, if someone keeps coming after me I will typically vote to lynch.

3) People didn't believe me that I'm lost in the game. Also came up when I played before, I don't like to lynch people "just cuz" or "just feelz". So you won't hear much from me about pointing fingers until I've got more to go on. Also came up in that thread, I do more to try to analyze the story to guide my thoughts on who to lynch. Since I don't understand all the minecraft references, that has limited me.

4) Who came up with this idea that if someone around you dies that means you're a wolf? Is that implying that by PMs you figured out their ability and then decided they were worth killing? Sounds like a stupid wolf move. While I am knew I don't think I'm stupid.

5) If I wasn't worried about conversions (you guy mentioned this) I would have the Ultimate Power confirm that I am villager. Because worry about conversions has come up I was wanting to wait to do this until absolutely necessary. It would be funny if you guys piled on votes, I prove villager, and it's too late to change the votes.

I was thinking maybe someone decided to put PBC back in The Nether to attempt to verify her just a Minecraft wolf claim? I have no idea though, all I think I know about The Nether is that it appears that people just go for the day and can't do anything while there. Do we think a villager is putting people in The Nether? I don't remember if anyone who has been there has said if their action from the night before going was voided or not. Anyone?

How could being put in the Nether verify anything? It looks like an involuntary time out.
Maybe some people can choose to go there, or only some players are susceptible to being drawn into it? Why PBC again, right? Maybe the pool of potential netherables is very small, for some reason. Maybe only neutrals? Or Minecraft only, or Dali only? Figuring out these sorts of mechanics are a big reason that I wanted to share that kind of info.

Reactions: 1 user
Go for it.

I tried to share that I didn't feel BBC was a wolf and you guys still lynched her.

I'm not feeling crayola, either.

I didn't lynch her. I was all but jumping up and down shouting that it was a bad lynch... and others have certainly turned that on me saying that protesting a bad lynch is somehow wolfy.

You did move your lynch vote off her onto me, so there is that to color my opinions.

FWIW, I'm a ruthless wolf. I would have bandwagoned on genny.

And I wouldn't kill LIS this early. Particularly since we hadn't been chatting like we normally do.

I didn't lynch her. I was all but jumping up and down shouting that it was a bad lynch... and others have certainly turned that on me saying that protesting a bad lynch is somehow wolfy.

You did move your lynch vote off her onto me, so there is that to color my opinions.
I didn't vote her.

I voted abs.

Members don't see this ad :)
I feel very blind right now. In the interest of not waiting until the last minute to put in a lynch vote I'm going to base this primarily on feels... although my feels about BBC were entirely incorrect so clearly they do lead me astray. May waffle later on. Will still be around to follow and participate in discussion.

lynch mq

I didn't vote her.
I voted abs.

Another valid choice. I moved off Abs out of a sense that it was unsportsmanly to lynch someone who just took on a role that day. I've since moved Abney down a point or two, but not off my radar entirely.

Going based on who wants to kill me (not a valid metric for finding wolves, I admit) most recently that group included you and DVMD--who I bad lynched last game, so again, some desire to play nice.

I'm not sure you are my final answer for the day.

I'm not fininshed, there's more.

6) Funny how Abney is pointing the finger at me for being all "I don't know what's going on" as why I've been quiet when I said more in the other game. Again, since people think wolfy behavior is acting different than usual, if I was a wolf I would try to play exactly the same as usual, even if that meant spouting crap out of my ass.

7) Since I don't like bad lynches, I tend to focus on figuring out the game from the write ups, mod posts, stuff that's more concrete. Since I don't know minecraft, that's been hard. I also, I have been busy. Again, me as villager is gonna be silent rather than lead a bad lynch. Me as wolf will just say whatever I would imagine. I have no idea how to be a wolf, really.

8) I have been known to lynch from getting my feelings hurt. I can appreciate why Abney would keep coming after me for seeming to play different, or find my "I don't know what's going on" to be suspicious. Funny how she glossed over that I made my struggles known in the Depression thread. Maybe you all don't believe my thing about playing honest, but it would be totally ****ed for me to invent stories there as a wolf. I'm not going to lie to my friends elsewhere. Would a wolf hide behind IRL stuff? Sure I could see that. But for a vet to so easily dismiss my sick cat and focus on some idea I'm handwaving as a wolf, bugs me. Regardless of HER role she's gotta do what's best for the game, I get that. But

9) I wonder if the mods control the Nether, and that's why I got put there yesterday, so I wouldn't have the pressure of playing the game ATM, because they know my IRL stuff is real.

10) I'm PST and the cats (even if only one is sick I take them together for company, and cat that isn't sick needs some preventative care) are going to the vet at 5:20. It's 2:30 pm and I am making myself breakfast, then I need a shower, dig out their cat carrier, dig out their medical records (the vet has most but I always bring their folder anyway). Then I need to leave pretty early, since my move their vet (supposed to be the best in town so I kept them despite moving a few years ago) is on the other side of town and rush hour is gonna start soon. So after these posts I can continue to try to follow the thread and try to answer questions, but I'll be spotty again.

11) Besides my thing about not wanting to lead bad lynches or give bad intel because I don't know what's up and don't want to wildly speculate, in the last JDH game it came up that being annoying with posts can lead to lynching. I don't get that feeling here, seems like more communication happens here, but again, I'm learning to try to keep from being annoying and waiting until I have something meaningful to say because going off at the mouth with BS doesn't help either. Still, apparently he says I play like Nutmeg. As evidenced by my huge posts.

How could being put in the Nether verify anything? It looks like an involuntary time out.
Maybe some people can choose to go there, or only some players are susceptible to being drawn into it? Why PBC again, right? Maybe the pool of potential netherables is very small, for some reason. Maybe only neutrals? Or Minecraft only, or Dali only? Figuring out these sorts of mechanics are a big reason that I wanted to share that kind of info.

Well I think if she was put there and there were no kills it might mean that she was doing the killings if you're put in there at night and you can't do your action that night, but no one has said yet if going to The Nether did anything to their night.

I was told that I was grabbed and someone pulled me through a nether portal. I could not talk on thread, PM, vote or perform any daytime ability, if I had one. Basically I was effectively removed from the game for the time I was in the nether.

This is all I remember being said about going to The Nether by someone who has been there. It does not seem like she chose to go. I guess it does not sound like it did anything to her night since she only talked about daytime.

And I wouldn't kill LIS this early. Particularly since we hadn't been chatting like we normally do.
Actually, this part is true. LIS/DVMD/Dyachei rarely (if ever) kill each other IIRC. More likely to leave each other around and torture them later on than kill each other.

Not sure why Abney keeps putting me on the lynch list. In my last and first JDH WW thread, a few things came up:

1) I read on wiki that when you play with the same people a lot, the best strategy according to game theory is to develop an honest reputation (unless of course, you're a wolf.} I said that there and here. I'm new so sure, no one will believe me. Time will build the rep.

2) What also came up, is that my lynch vote tends to go towards those falsely accusing me and leading the bandwagon. I don't trust people that come after me for no good reason. If nothing else, they're rabble rousers leading bad lynches Of course we'll have bad lynches but still, should be avoided. Sure, people say wolves won't lead the bandwagon and draw attention that way. So *trying* to get villagers lynched sounds like a good wolf in sheep's clothing trick. So all in all, if someone keeps coming after me I will typically vote to lynch.

3) People didn't believe me that I'm lost in the game. Also came up when I played before, I don't like to lynch people "just cuz" or "just feelz". So you won't hear much from me about pointing fingers until I've got more to go on. Also came up in that thread, I do more to try to analyze the story to guide my thoughts on who to lynch. Since I don't understand all the minecraft references, that has limited me.

4) Who came up with this idea that if someone around you dies that means you're a wolf? Is that implying that by PMs you figured out their ability and then decided they were worth killing? Sounds like a stupid wolf move. While I am knew I don't think I'm stupid.

5) If I wasn't worried about conversions (you guy mentioned this) I would have the Ultimate Power confirm that I am villager. Because worry about conversions has come up I was wanting to wait to do this until absolutely necessary. It would be funny if you guys piled on votes, I prove villager, and it's too late to change the votes.
Wait, there's an Ultimate Power in this game who 100% knows you're a villager, and could confirm your villageryness on thread in a way that would make your villageryness blindingly obvious to all of us, if only you gave them the signal to do so? But them saying you're a villager would make you a conversion target in a way that you publicly claiming all of this would not?

If I weren't already lynching you, that would make me want to lynch you even more.

Actually, this part is true. LIS/DVMD/Dyachei rarely (if ever) kill each other IIRC. More likely to leave each other around and torture them later on than kill each other.
although if either of them had reason to worry about LIS uncovering them, I am sure they would kill him. What was LIS' power?

I'm not fininshed, there's more.

Wow. A kindred verbose spirit!

Yeah, people in WW will totally lynch you for being too candid and using too many words. Everything will potentially be seen as wolfy behavior, and making people have to read more than 160 characters strains their Twitter-trained attention spans. They much prefer a half dozen brief posts to one long informative one. Bad lynches are part of the game, and will happen more often than not. You learn to take them with a grain of salt.

Don't take all this too seriously. A lot of the bluster and accusation making of this game is just the way that it goes, and it means nothing outside the game. Wolves try to provoke people into making emotional decisions rather than logical ones, and villagers try to provoke wolves to mess up their lies and give themselves away. Sometimes wolves do use IRL stuff to cover (Genny really probably was getting swamped in the ICU.)

Last game, DVMD and I were at each others throats pretty much until one of us went down. As soon as the game was done, it was like, okay, lets be cool with each other again, right?

You probably won't get lynched today, and if you do, it isn't the end of the world. Sorry your kitties are unwell and that there are real things happening.

Reactions: 1 users
Wait, there's an Ultimate Power in this game who 100% knows you're a villager, and could confirm your villageryness on thread in a way that would make your villageryness blindingly obvious to all of us, if only you gave them the signal to do so? But them saying you're a villager would make you a conversion target in a way that you publicly claiming all of this would not?

If I weren't already lynching you, that would make me want to lynch you even more.

**** this guys, I'm really pissed about this bandwagon.

You wanna force my hand? Find.

@Trilt @Filly Bay
I'm using my ONE time (hence I was saving it) ability to have you confirm my affiliation.

Hopefully too the wolves will back off me and not kill me since now they will know I have no magic powers that make me a good kill.
Although on the other hand, the fact that they know I've used my one time ability will make me a great target for conversion if that's even a mechanic in this game for that.

So way to go guys. It's all a big waste. I hope the people that were leading this lynch have enough time to take back their votes.

I vote to lynch Abney just because I'm annoyed. She's either a wolf playing as a villager or a rabble rouser, and both I like to see gone from the village. I don't care if it's a wasted vote if she doesn't end up getting lynched, point is, people get my hurt lynches. Which hopefully will discourage future bad reasoning towards me in other games. "But I got feelz an they're quiet who cares if their cat is sick."

Grrrr. Sorry. I usually try to play smart but now I'm playing mad. You guys got feelz well so do I!

That is a lot of words that doesn't actually mean anything @Crayola227

It just sounds like someone who hasn't really learned that sincerity isn't meaningful in a game based on lies. Everyone here is very earnest. Especially those who have reason to seem so.

Yeah, people in WW will totally lynch you for being too candid and using too many words. Everything will potentially be seen as wolfy behavior, and making people have to read more than 160 characters strains their Twitter-trained attention spans. They much prefer a half dozen brief posts to one long informative one. Bad lynches are part of the game, and will happen more often than not. You learn to take them with a grain of salt.

Don't take all this too seriously. A lot of the bluster and accusation making of this game is just the way that it goes, and it means nothing outside the game. Wolves try to provoke people into making emotional decisions rather than logical ones, and villagers try to provoke wolves to mess up their lies and give themselves away. Sometimes wolves do use IRL stuff to cover (Genny really probably was getting swamped in the ICU.)

Last game, DVMD and I were at each others throats pretty much until one of us went down. As soon as the game was done, it was like, okay, lets be cool with each other again, right?

You probably won't get lynched today, and if you do, it isn't the end of the world. Sorry your kitties are unwell and that there are real things happening.

Yup not planning on lynching you today, just found it odd how much you knew of WZ's ability given what I know about conversation in this game. Had no way to know WZ could open conversation with anyone. Still find it odd that she'd reveal that much to you but perhaps she's more free with info like that than I am. Just pointing out what I find odd to start up some conversation.

Anyway, I'm leaning more towards Crayola only because she's been quieter this game compared to last. Well, that is until today.

I just got out of the movies, heading home now then I'll post more.

I think Crayola's just doing Crayola.

Lynch Dy

Thank you!

Also, yes, it's a game and ill will doesn't spill over. Just annoyed ATM.

Yup not planning on lynching you today, just found it odd how much you knew of WZ's ability given what I know about conversation in this game. Had no way to know WZ could open conversation with anyone. Still find it odd that she'd reveal that much to you but perhaps she's more free with info like that than I am. Just pointing out what I find odd to start up some conversation.

Anyway, I'm leaning more towards Crayola only because she's been quieter this game compared to last. Well, that is until today.

I just got out of the movies, heading home now then I'll post more.

Well I hope you'll catch when one of the mods comes in here and confirms my affiliation.

I may have done it wrong.

The only situation I can see "I can have a mod confirm my affiliation" as an ability that would attract conversion interest is if it were actually "I can have a mod say I'm a villager." Having a mod attest to your true affiliation is a worthless skill for a wolf.

I'm rather certain most of us with the attention span problems don't even use Twitter. Heck, I don't really even like texting all that much. Much like nyanko, my attention span problems way predate the invention of Twitter. :laugh:

Reactions: 2 users
who is morningglory82?

anyways yes unlynch Crayola

I also saw that and thought it was something Dali... looks like it says "always Town" so I'd assume that means you can't be converted

***** unlynch Crayola ******

I agree with MQ, your role only makes sense if unconvertible, or if the game has no conversions.

Could be a chaos ability. There was a game where chaos could change the affiliation others would seer as , possibly something similar where Crayola could choose what affiliation they want to be "mod verified"

Unofficialish Lynch Tally
MQ (2) - KC, finn
STL (1) - Jilary
Crayola (2) - SOV, Abney
Dy (3) - Ny, Promo, Kam

8/16 accounted for - 10PM EST deadline.

Could be a chaos ability. There was a game where chaos could change the affiliation others would seer as , possibly something similar where Crayola could choose what affiliation they want to be "mod verified"
Chaos would have been my guess if the mods had just said villager. The added Innocent Child info makes that seem unlikely to me.

Nah, I don't think so, you have to be able to trust mod-provided affiliations. And Trilt linked to the role it's based around, which starts the game village.

I don't think it means she's inconvertible, necessarily, though. She's used the ability, so can't be asked to use it again. So not a bad conversion target. I'd guess they kill her off before converting, though.

Reactions: 1 users

So despite the mod coming in saying I'm villager, we still want to lead the mob against me?

I'm writing down names.

this seems like willful misunderstanding or lack of reading the thread.