Philadelphia COM - Georgia (GA-PCOM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Had a 3.6 undergrad GPA but ended up getting my masters and had a 3.9 GPA, MCAT was not great I ended up with a 497 with each section around 50% (some higher and some a little under) but have excellent ECs to make up for it.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Thanks for sharing. We're probably about equal then all things considered. Are you also OOS?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Guys, is there a way to see the PCOM Philly app? I submitted my essay and I cannot find it. I don't want to re-type it since the questions is the same. I wanted to copy and paste.
How did y'all do it? (for the people that applied to both campuses)

I just emailed admissions declining my II and hope that one of you guys gets the invite. Here's hoping one gets sent your way @getfat .

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
II!!!!!!! Scheduled for November 11th. Short notice but thankfully I am from the southeast!

Thanks again to @JDWannabe for the invite ;).

Edit: If anybody is curious Secondary complete (last requirement box filled) in mid July. So it looks like they are giving a second look at applicants. Have faith everybody.

Last edited:
Reactions: 12 users
Reactions: 3 users
II!!!!!!! Scheduled for November 11th. Zero notice but thankfully I am from the southeast!

YASSSS. Congrats! I really enjoyed the day there last week!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I know right? I am still in shock :uhno:. I guess PCOM-GA looks at the forums haha
They said they do at the interview actually!! :laugh::laugh:

Reactions: 2 users
II!!!!!!! Scheduled for November 11th. Zero notice but thankfully I am from the southeast!

Edit: If anybody is curious Secondary complete (last requirement box filled) in mid July. So it looks like they are giving a second look at applicants. Have faith everybody.
+1 ! Looking forward to seeing you there :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
I'm really hopeful to hear back from PCOM will you guys who are beaming send me some positive energy.?

II today! Schedule for Nov. 11th! So excited :clap:

Complete 9/13

Last edited:
Guys, is there a way to see the PCOM Philly app? I submitted my essay and I cannot find it. I don't want to re-type it since the questions is the same. I wanted to copy and paste.
How did y'all do it? (for the people that applied to both campuses)

Unfortunately, there is no way to retrieve your application once you submit it. You can only see a blank version of the secondary application. Hopefully you had something saved on your computer? :/

I had this problem and it was because my scores on aacomas were not official so PCOM did not report them. They have to be official to be on your portal. Once they are official it can still take time for them to receive them from aacomas.
Thanks guys! I emailed them and they had not received the official scores yet, so I re-requested them. Fingers crossed I did it in time! :)

Unfortunately, there is no way to retrieve your application once you submit it. You can only see a blank version of the secondary application. Hopefully you had something saved on your computer? :/

No... I have the draft. but then i edited a LOT to fit their very small limit. I'll just do it again.

Man this thread is quiet lol. Can any of you who have interviewed or are medical students please PM me?

Man this thread is quiet lol. Can any of you who have interviewed or are medical students please PM me?

U just want random people to PM you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is there an open house for this school?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Going to withdraw my acceptance after getting into an MD school. Good luck to everyone applying/interviewing!

Does anybody have an idea how many interview groups have occurred already?

The thread suggests three but that seems really small (even if they are interviewing >30 applicants)

As in those that have interviewed or are medical students at PCOM-GA.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using SDN mobile
I just interviewed here on Nov 4th. I was impressed with how welcoming the the staff was and think the campus is very pretty this time of year. I was glad to learn that their anatomy lab uses real cadavers , which is something LECOM-B told me they have moved away from. Definitely my number one choice.

Stats: OOS, AACOMAS Gpa undergraduate cumulative 3.65, MCAT: 504, 514 (retake) , strong clinical experience as scribe for 1.5 years and with a MD letter but pending a DO letter, submitted secondary in late September.

The thread suggests three but that seems really small (even if they are interviewing >30 applicants)

6 - Every Friday

It's been four. They skipped the week of the 14th because I think Pharm was using the computer lab and the week of the 21st because of the white coat ceremony. So the Nov. 4th group was the fourth group.

Any idea what days the admissions committee meets and if it is a once per week thing? I have a new letter of recommendation and interfolio is saying to wait 3 business days. :(

Well my deposit payment link appeared on the portal, assuming I'm accepted! :)

Reactions: 7 users
Any idea what days the admissions committee meets and if it is a once per week thing? I have a new letter of recommendation and interfolio is saying to wait 3 business days. :(

Pretty much every school meets once per week. As for sending updates right after your interview, I'm pretty sure it might be a bit too late for that. :/ I would contact admissions immediately and ask if you can bypass that 3 business day window.

Pretty much every school meets once per week. As for sending updates right after your interview, I'm pretty sure it might be a bit too late for that. :/ I would contact admissions immediately and ask if you can bypass that 3 business day window.

It updated into my AACOMAS application earlier this morning thankfully!

Anybody found information regarding clinical sites? Previous threads have suggested something like a Areas of Georgia ( South GA, North GA) but I'm curious about specific centers.

Thanks a lot

I just got the same link! Congrats to you!
Thanks and congrats to you too! There was someone from Nashville in my small group at the interview, I wonder if it was you :). Congrats again!!

Got my acceptance letter today!! I interviewed on the 28th

Anybody found information regarding clinical sites? Previous threads have suggested something like a Areas of Georgia ( South GA, North GA) but I'm curious about specific centers.

Thanks a lot

They change so there isn't a definite list from what I understand

Thanks and congrats to you too! There was someone from Nashville in my small group at the interview, I wonder if it was you :). Congrats again!!

It very well may have been me!

Has anyone received an invite into the fb group or is that for after April 25?

Also interviewed on the 28th and after seeing your guys's response I checked online and see a link to pay the $250 deposit. No letter yet (California so as far away as possible) but fingers crossed it's real! Just got waitlisted at KCUMB so some good news would be nice ^_^

Reactions: 8 users