Pikeville-SOM Discussion Thread 2010-2011

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
What is the prompt for the secondary essay?

there is none just says statement of purpose or something like that, really really vague, no word or character limit or anything

Members don't see this ad.

Tell me about it! I've tried calling since Monday (about 5 times throughout each day). I'm trying to figure out if they accept the AACOMAS fee waiver before I submit my secondary.

Tried email as well... no response

If you have an AACOMAS fee waiver, then Pikeville waives their secondary fee waiver.

From their literature:

Supplemental Application
Supplemental application required: Yes
Sent to: All Applicants
URL: By Invitation Only
Supplemental Application Fee: $75
Fee waiver available: Yes
Waiver conditions, if offered: AACOMAS waiver

I hope this helps :)

If you have an AACOMAS fee waiver, then Pikeville waives their secondary fee waiver.

From their literature:

Supplemental Application
Supplemental application required: Yes
Sent to: All Applicants
URL: By Invitation Only
Supplemental Application Fee: $75
Fee waiver available: Yes
Waiver conditions, if offered: AACOMAS waiver

I hope this helps :)

Thanks! It's nice knowing that it should be waived, but I think we are also trying to figure out HOW to get it waived. The secondary cannot be submitted until a credit card is entered. So I'm thinking we're going to have to fax our letter or something like that. I wonder if the Kentucky flooding has anything to do with them not responding? Just an idea..:confused:

Members don't see this ad :)
My online application status:

Status: Payment accepted, data sent - pending confirmation...

I submitted my application last week.
Any one else have any ideas what does the message mean.

My AACOMAS application has just been confirmed. Do I wait for Pikeville to send me the Secondary application or is there someplace on their web site that I can get the application?

What do we do if we have attended more than 3 colleges? I took courses at different colleges during the summer so I have 4 that I have attended, but there are only places to add 3?

does no on work there????

how come on one will answer the phones?????

does no on work there????

how come on one will answer the phones?????

Surprisingly, I got ahold of them today. I called about the AACOMAS fee waiver and how to apply it to the secondary. Long story short, she had no idea. She forwarded my call to someone that would know the answer, and the guy that answered the call didn't even know what the "DO program" was. He said he was just an IT tech guy.

So I am completely unsure about what to do with this school. I'm thinking about just paying the secondary and forgetting about the waiver, because it doesn't look like I'll ever get my question answered.

My AACOMAS application has just been confirmed. Do I wait for Pikeville to send me the Secondary application or is there someplace on their web site that I can get the application?

You gotta wait till they send you the link.

I am trying to fill out the secondary, but I have taken courses at 4 colleges, but they only have room for 3. Does anybody know if it is okay to just submit with only 3 put on the application? I have tried to contact the admissions office but they haven't gotten back and was wondering if anybody knew the answer.
Thanks

Anyone else get an email this weekend from Corrine that their application had been downloaded by the Admissions Staff?

More waiting...:cool:

Members don't see this ad :)
I got that email too. Hopefully we will hear something soon!

Ok I just now thought to look at this thread... I have been released to Pikeville since 7/15 and still never received a secondary. I have called.. and called... like most of you I am having trouble getting anyone to answer the phone. Should I try to e-mail them about it? Obviously something is up because I should have received one by now.. I wasn't super concerned until about a week ago because I thought they may just be taking a while to send them out, but now I am thinking that can't be the case.

Do you all think I would have been screened out for some reason? I am def an underdog, but sGPA is over 3.0

Should I try to e-mail them about it? Obviously something is up because I should have received one by now..

Do you all think I would have been screened out for some reason? I am def an underdog, but sGPA is over 3.0

I would try to email them. I can never get a hold of them via phone either . . . In regards to the application, I had my aacomas app released the same time as you, and did get an invite to complete the secondary. Also, I think they would have let you know by now if they screened you out.

It says in the CIB that Pikeville sends a secondary invite to everyone, if I remember correctly.

I would try to email them. I can never get a hold of them via phone either . . . In regards to the application, I had my aacomas app released the same time as you, and did get an invite to complete the secondary. Also, I think they would have let you know by now if they screened you out.

I cannot find an e-mail address to send an e-mail!! I'm either looking in the wrong place or it does not exist on the website... Can anyone point me in the right direction?

The only e-mail that I have is [email protected].
Angel Hamilton is coordinator of admissions and I believe I have read on this forum she is the contact person for admissions.

Yes, Sunny Side Up is correct. I have the same email / contact name. I think they might be busy with orientation?

Ok thank you so much I am e-mailing her right now!

Angel is the only one that works in the admissions office, so it can be difficult to reach her by phone or email. Last year the same thing happened to a few people I knew who said they didn't get the secondary, though their addresses were on the list of recipients when I received mine. My guess is that email filters sent the message to junk mail and that it was inadvertently deleted. You'll get someone eventually if you keep trying, and perhaps they can re-send the secondary.

Just FYI guys...I talked to Angel today and she informed me that she was in the process of filing all the LOR's. I took it that they would be finished with this process on Tuesday.

..... any little bit of info helps ease the process for us I guess. :xf:

I don't want to be rude or anything, but I feel like they need to hire help. Poor Angel is probably always stressed out dealing with neurotic applicants...like us SDNers.

Did you ever hear anything back from from her? I've tried emailing and calling with no luck!

I emailed and left a message with her and never heard back. You basically just have to call until you get to talk with her personally, however I would be careful not to call too much. You don't want to seem annoying.

For anyone else curious about fee waivers for secondaries, here is the email I got back today:

The PCSOM Supplemental application will have a feature for submitting your AACOMAS fee waiver about mid-September. You may wait to submit your application when that feature is “live”. However, if you prefer to submit your application now, you can pay the application fee and it will be refunded to your credit card in 5 – 7 days. If you decide to pay the fee and request a refund, please send a copy of your fee waiver to me at [email protected]. I will process the refund request once I have received a copy of your fee waiver.

Did you ever hear anything back from from her? I've tried emailing and calling with no luck!

No I actually still have not heard back from her. I am not sure what to do.. I am feeling like I may give up on the school at this point if I still can't get a hold of anyone by phone or e-mail..

No I actually still have not heard back from her. I am not sure what to do.. I am feeling like I may give up on the school at this point if I still can't get a hold of anyone by phone or e-mail..

Just keep trying by phone at different times of the day. You will get a hold of her eventually.

Corrine Bolt at [email protected] was the only person I was able to get in touch with, and it took 8 days before I heard back from her. Might want to try sending her an email too.

For anyone else curious about fee waivers for secondaries, here is the email I got back today:

The PCSOM Supplemental application will have a feature for submitting your AACOMAS fee waiver about mid-September. You may wait to submit your application when that feature is “live”. However, if you prefer to submit your application now, you can pay the application fee and it will be refunded to your credit card in 5 – 7 days. If you decide to pay the fee and request a refund, please send a copy of your fee waiver to me at [email protected]. I will process the refund request once I have received a copy of your fee waiver.

This was the info I got when I called the admissions office at Pikeville earlier in the week. She said this feature will be up and running around September 15th. (I guess this shows what happens when you miss a week without checking out the discussions:laugh:.)

Does anyone know the match rates and into which residencies Pikeville matches for the past few years? It seems like from their mission and statement of purpose request that they may graduate a more than average number of primary care physicians.

No news from this school also.
when they are starting interviews

interview invite today :)

nice SNS!

i didn't realize they'd be sending out interview invites for at least a couple more weeks. how did they let you know?

nice SNS!

i didn't realize they'd be sending out interview invites for at least a couple more weeks. how did they let you know?

By what means did you get the invite?

thanks guys. i got a complete email first and then like 10 mins later i got the email for the invite.

anybody else get an invite?

I got an invite yesterday as well. By way of email.

thanks guys. i got a complete email first and then like 10 mins later i got the email for the invite.

anybody else get an invite?

i only got an e-mail saying that my PCSOM application has been acknowledged; is that the same as the complete e-mail?

I sent my letters in a while ago so i'm just wondering whats going on over there

i only got an e-mail saying that my PCSOM application has been acknowledged; is that the same as the complete e-mail?

I sent my letters in a while ago so i'm just wondering whats going on over there

mine actually said that i was complete.

mine actually said that i was complete.

That's very interesting. I applied to the school months ago, and seemed to have stats that were in line with what they were looking for. Hopefully I get an interview there. Congratulations to you all that have gotten the invites already!