2021-2022 University of Pikeville College of Osteopathic Medicine (UP-KYCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Going off of the amount off graduates in 2021 (134 graduates) and the amount of people in the current FB group (91 people), there should be some spots still remaining...
Be careful with that, some of us current students and faculty also join the group to help you all out with your transition and with housing etc. the number is usually a lot higher than just the accepted students so don’t be discouraged by that!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I had my interview two weeks ago and was told I would hear from them this week. Does anyone if they only call or if I get rejected will I get an email instead? I know a lot of people said they are getting calls for acceptance but I work a lot and am scared I will miss the call! Does anyone know?

I had my interview two weeks ago and was told I would hear from them this week. Does anyone if they only call or if I get rejected will I get an email instead? I know a lot of people said they are getting calls for acceptance but I work a lot and am scared I will miss the call! Does anyone know?
I was told today I’ll hear back in almost 3 weeks! Maybe give it some time! The team is super communicative and nice. I also saw in older threads that people have been getting calls sometimes at 6-7-8 pm

I was told today I’ll hear back in almost 3 weeks! Maybe give it some time! The team is super communicative and nice. I also saw in older threads that people have been getting calls sometimes at 6-7-8 pm
Thank you! They said I would hear back in about 3 so I am expecting this week. Super excited!

So they do calls for acceptances and emails for rejections

Did anyone get interviewed on 1/7 hear back from KYCOM yet?

Got the call from Dr. Kingery and got the A!!! First one this cycle!

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
For anyone who attends the school or attended the student Q/A session, are the students first/second year or higher up?

I interviewed on 1/7 and I got accepted today. Don’t lose hope if you are waiting for a call!

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed on 1/7 and I got accepted today. Don’t lose hope if you are waiting for a call!
Congratulations future doctor to be!! Just a quick question regarding the interview, how was the hour-long session? Would you say it was more conversational or did the interviewer ask many basic interview questions?

Congratulations future doctor to be!! Just a quick question regarding the interview, how was the hour-long session? Would you say it was more conversational or did the interviewer ask many basic interview questions?
Mine was but I did have general interview questions, but after the questions I would ask about more … I have talked to some people who had less conversational ones tho

Hi guys! How do we access our emails? I received my email in the onboarding email but am not sure where to go to access it...

Hi guys! How do we access our emails? I received my email in the onboarding email but am not sure where to go to access it...

Within subheading "Graduate" click "Campus Email"

Within subheading "Graduate" click "Campus Email"
Thank you so much!

Reactions: 1 users
Likewise! Been the longest 2 weeks of my life. Do you (or anybody else reading this) have any idea as to if we find out on the 11th, or in the following days/weeks
I heard back the Thursday after they said the board was meeting

is anyone going to the student Q/A session tonight? and is it mandatory for interviewees?

Its been 3 weeks since I have interviewed. Getting kind of nervous. How long did it take U guys to get accepted after the interview?

Do you think it might be a bad sign if they are waiting 3 weeks for me?
Not really. I was told my interviewer had to get a hold of the dean (when the dean was available) and recommended me to him. It could be that the dean might just be really busy

Not really. I was told my interviewer had to get a hold of the dean (when the dean was available) and recommended me to him. It could be that the dean might just be really busy
Ah thanks! Should I email them for an update if I don't get something by Friday? Or just be patient? I feel like if they wanted to reject me, they would have already said it.

Ah thanks! Should I email them for an update if I don't get something by Friday? Or just be patient? I feel like if they wanted to reject me, they would have already said it.
Exactly I think if they wanted to reject you they would've already done it. And I think post II rejections are very rare. So just wait out one more week and if nothing comes up, just send them a message. They are usually super friendly and open to it.

Exactly I think if they wanted to reject you they would've already done it. And I think post II rejections are very rare. So just wait out one more week and if nothing comes up, just send them a message. They are usually super friendly and open to it.
Thank U! Just super nervous lol

• Care
Can you elaborate on "post II rejections are rare"? What's the percentage of students that are interviewed and then offered acceptance?

Can you elaborate on "post II rejections are rare"? What's the percentage of students that are interviewed and then offered acceptance?
I don't have any concrete statistics. This is just an observation that I saw by going through last year's and this years SDN.

I am also curious! I’ve tried to find stats- but haven’t been able to.
I don't have any concrete statistics. This is just an observation that I saw by going through last year's and this years SDN.
I know they "accept" just under 300 and they have classes of ~140. They probably don't interview more than 500 applicants, but that's just a guess. I'd be shocked if most who interview and get rejected would be super open about it, that can't be a great feeling.

I know they "accept" just under 300 and they have classes of ~140. They probably don't interview more than 500 applicants, but that's just a guess. I'd be shocked if most who interview and get rejected would be super open about it, that can't be a great feeling.
One thing I noticed is that a lot of people who got acceptances… didn’t accept them. Which allowed more acceptances to be given.

Reactions: 1 users
I filled out FAFSA a month ago. But I don't know where to see how much they will give me. It says that I am eligible due to my permanent residence citizenship. It also says the schools will contact me with financial information. So.... how do I know how much money I will be getting for loans?

I filled out FAFSA a month ago. But I don't know where to see how much they will give me. It says that I am eligible due to my permanent residence citizenship. It also says the schools will contact me with financial information. So.... how do I know how much money I will be getting for loans?
That should be a question for the financial aid office at the school because they determine everything when accounting loans and scholarships and such

That should be a question for the financial aid office at the school because they determine everything when accounting loans and scholarships and such
Do they actually give out scholarships too?

Anyone who is waiting for news and has interviewed in the week of Jan 17-21 get anything yet?