-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Pikeville-SOM Discussion Thread 2010-2011
Started by gatewasani
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
congratsHi I got an interview yesterday. Set up for October 1st, anyone else?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For those with interviews, what are your states? IS/OOS?
I received an interview for Oct 1 as well. Problem is I have another interview in Florida that day! Not really a bad "problem" 😀 But I will have to reschedule this one. Left a message today...
Hi, I was wondering when you sent in your docs. Just curious. trying to establish a time line. sent my app in 8-20-10 and sent lors via interfolio on 8-19-10? I may be in the thick if things? hope to hear something. I'm not such a strong candidate, but i meet the reqs.mine actually said that i was complete.
thanks
Does anyone know if pennsylvania falls in the area that pikeville actively recruits from? the area on their website???
okay,,,, never mind I googled it. these are the appalachian regional commissioned counties in pennsylvania. Allegheny, Armstrong, Beaver, Bedford, Blair, Bradford, Butler, Cambria, Cameron, Carbon, Centre, Clarion, Clearfield, Clinton, Columbia, Crawford, Elk, Erie, Fayette, Forest, Fulton, Greene, Huntingdon, Indiana, Jefferson, Juniata, Lackawanna, Lawrence, Luzerne, Lycoming, McKean, Mercer, Mifflin, Monroe, Montour, Northumberland, Perry, Pike, Potter, Schuylkill, Snyder, Somerset, Sullivan, Susquehanna, Tioga, Union, Venango, Warren, Washington, Wayne, Westmoreland, and Wyoming
but only one county in pa is considered distressed.... not sure how that works...... hmmm.
Found this at http://www.arc.gov/counties.
I hope that helps my cause!!!!!!! 🙂
but only one county in pa is considered distressed.... not sure how that works...... hmmm.
Found this at http://www.arc.gov/counties.
I hope that helps my cause!!!!!!! 🙂
Last edited:
Hi, I was wondering when you sent in your docs. Just curious. trying to establish a time line. sent my app in 8-20-10 and sent lors via interfolio on 8-19-10? I may be in the thick if things? hope to hear something. I'm not such a strong candidate, but i meet the reqs.
thanks
they acknowledged receipt of my secondary on aug. 1. i mailed them my lors on aug. 12. complete email on sept. 2 and invite the same day. hope that helps.
Anyone who received an interview willing to post their stats.? Not sure if it's worth sending out my secondary here..
+1
me too!!!!!
OvGPA-3.22, ScGPA-3.17 MCAT 28R (8V 10P 10B) My EC's are competetive but nothing outrageous. Iv'e applied to 7 schools and have interviews at 4 so far. I will end up applying to nine if my October interview dates dont turn out good haha. Best of luck to all who want in at Pikeville. I want to be in somewhere by Thanksgiving!!!
all the best OneTripAcross. You have very good MCAT. I am sure you will get something before thanksgivings.OvGPA-3.22, ScGPA-3.17 MCAT 28R (8V 10P 10B) My EC's are competetive but nothing outrageous. Iv'e applied to 7 schools and have interviews at 4 so far. I will end up applying to nine if my October interview dates dont turn out good haha. Best of luck to all who want in at Pikeville. I want to be in somewhere by Thanksgiving!!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
promising for me. I just have to get that mcat a little more competetive. Re-taking again Saturday, but my app, with current scores are already in.
thanks. hope to hear something soon.they acknowledged receipt of my secondary on aug. 1. i mailed them my lors on aug. 12. complete email on sept. 2 and invite the same day. hope that helps.
those who've received interviews, have you been successfully able to confirm them? i received one a couple of weeks ago but the date they offered doesn't work for me so i emailed them and left a voicemail to ask about other possibilities but still no response from them.
Hi all =)
I sent my secondary and the LORS already, do I have to send anything else right now?
Thanks for your help, Its nice being able to interact with others that are going trough the same stage in life =)
Just hang out there. After secondary and LOR, you have to just wait.
Hope you will hear from them soon. If you have a very strong reason, they should be able to give yo another date.those who've received interviews, have you been successfully able to confirm them? i received one a couple of weeks ago but the date they offered doesn't work for me so i emailed them and left a voicemail to ask about other possibilities but still no response from them.
Any one who got an interview invite willing to share theit MCAT score. Thanks in advance.
I am interested in knowing stats on those who've already rec'd interview invites, if you don't mind. TIA!
Hello, I have an interview on october 1. I am looking for a current student to answer a few questions perhaps. What is the interview like(open/closed file)? How many interviewers? perks about PCSOM? the style of teaching and testing formats? things like this that will be pertinent for the interview.
Thanks
J
Thanks
J
Interview invite for Oct. 1st! complete email and invite received sept 2
Congrats on the interview! Where are you staying?
+1i am interested in knowing stats on those who've already rec'd interview invites, if you don't mind. Tia!
what address do i send my letters of rec too?
It doesnt state it anywhere and the lady isn't in her office!
It doesnt state it anywhere and the lady isn't in her office!
what address do i send my letters of rec too?
It doesnt state it anywhere and the lady isn't in her office!
look in the AACOMAS 2010 Booklet they list all the addresses for each schools.
Hello, I have an interview on october 1. I am looking for a current student to answer a few questions perhaps. What is the interview like(open/closed file)? How many interviewers? perks about PCSOM? the style of teaching and testing formats? things like this that will be pertinent for the interview.
Thanks
J
First, congrats to all those who've already received an interview invite. You've successfully accomplished the most difficult part of the process (filling out all that paperwork). As a first year student here at PCSOM I have yet to hear of any information detailing this year's interview process. Unfortunately I can't remember if it is an open or closed interview; however, I can say that for the most part they can be likened to more of a conversation, rather than a question and answer session.
It was interview day that sold PCSOM to me. As you will see on Oct. 1st, the faculty here not only care about the reputation of their osteopathic program, they care about their students. Most importantly, they care about making their students into great doctors.
Again, while being here now only for a month, I really do see that PCSOM does everything for a reason. With the end-point of transforming great students into great osteopathic physicians.
Now you know where I stand...let me know if you have any about the secondaries or interview process.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How does one go about updating their MCAT scores AFTER they have submitted their secondary application? I just got my new scores, and while it did not improve as much as I wanted, it did go up by 6 points to a 29.🙂
There's three of us in my class from Indiana.....Some from Kansas, mississippi, and WV just to name a few. While Pikeville might take a majority of students from KY, I do believe they do look at your full profile, not just your scores and where you're from.
With regards to updating your score....I'd send Angel an e-mail and give her a call and leave her a message (when she doesn't answer). But you might also have to resubmit it through AACOMAS for verification purposes, I'm not exactly sure.
With regards to updating your score....I'd send Angel an e-mail and give her a call and leave her a message (when she doesn't answer). But you might also have to resubmit it through AACOMAS for verification purposes, I'm not exactly sure.
With regards to updating your score....I'd send Angel an e-mail and give her a call and leave her a message (when she doesn't answer). But you might also have to resubmit it through AACOMAS for verification purposes, I'm not exactly sure.
I am having the AAMC release the scores to AACOMAS and I will try and call Angel. For sure, I will email her.
heres some info off the website...
please note that this info is a few years old and things probably have changed so take all this with a grain of salt
Matriculating Facts-Class of 2011
Applications: 2,033
Applications from Kentucky: 119
Completed Applications: 638
Completed Applications from Kentucky: 79
Students invited for interview: 165
Students interviewed: 129
Students accepted: 94
Students on alternate: 8
Students rejected: 18
Students accepted and paid: 76
Total new students: 76
Students repeating from 2010: 4
Average MCAT
Verbal: 7.59
Physical Sciences: 6.96
Biological Sciences: 7.42
Average overall GPA: 3.3
please note that this info is a few years old and things probably have changed so take all this with a grain of salt
Matriculating Facts-Class of 2011
Applications: 2,033
Applications from Kentucky: 119
Completed Applications: 638
Completed Applications from Kentucky: 79
Students invited for interview: 165
Students interviewed: 129
Students accepted: 94
Students on alternate: 8
Students rejected: 18
Students accepted and paid: 76
Total new students: 76
Students repeating from 2010: 4
Average MCAT
Verbal: 7.59
Physical Sciences: 6.96
Biological Sciences: 7.42
Average overall GPA: 3.3
How much could things potentially change from 2007 to now? 1 or 2 points on the MCAT?heres some info off the website...
please note that this info is a few years old and things probably have changed so take all this with a grain of salt
Matriculating Facts-Class of 2011
Applications: 2,033
Applications from Kentucky: 119
Completed Applications: 638
Completed Applications from Kentucky: 79
Students invited for interview: 165
Students interviewed: 129
Students accepted: 94
Students on alternate: 8
Students rejected: 18
Students accepted and paid: 76
Total new students: 76
Students repeating from 2010: 4
Average MCAT
Verbal: 7.59
Physical Sciences: 6.96
Biological Sciences: 7.42
Average overall GPA: 3.3
i have a stupid questions about the application...
what did everyone put in statement of purpose? i'm not sure if they want our personal statement or something else if anyone could clarify for me!
I put why I should be considered and emphasized why I wanted to go into rural medicine. If you look at the first pages of this thread other people discussed this as well.
How much could things potentially change from 2007 to now? 1 or 2 points on the MCAT?
Yeah, I'd say a couple points on the MCAT. As for class size, the class of 2014 is around 83, we lost 2 after the first couple of weeks. With regards to applicant numbers, I don't know the exact, however, at out White Coat Ceremony a couple of weeks ago they mentioned that each member of the class had beat out 30 other applicants for their spot. PCSOM is growing fast and producing great physicians; pre-med students and many great hospitals throughout the country are quickly taking notice.
How much could things potentially change from 2007 to now? 1 or 2 points on the MCAT?
I heard from Dean Dunatov yesterday that the numbers were about the same this past year.
MCAT----- 23
GPA--------3.3 (Sci and Overall)
I really hate that I haven't gotten an interview here.
those who've received interviews, have you been successfully able to confirm them? i received one a couple of weeks ago but the date they offered doesn't work for me so i emailed them and left a voicemail to ask about other possibilities but still no response from them.
Seriously. Has anyone spoke to the lady in the admissions since an interview invite? I have a scheduling conflict as well (another interview that travel arangements had been made prior to this interview invite) and have called everyday since and left numerous messages with no response. I have emailed as well with no luck. This in unreal.😱
Seriously. Has anyone spoke to the lady in the admissions since an interview invite? I have a scheduling conflict as well (another interview that travel arangements had been made prior to this interview invite) and have called everyday since and left numerous messages with no response. I have emailed as well with no luck. This in unreal.😱
I received an email in response to mine a few days ago.
Seriously. Has anyone spoke to the lady in the admissions since an interview invite? I have a scheduling conflict as well (another interview that travel arangements had been made prior to this interview invite) and have called everyday since and left numerous messages with no response. I have emailed as well with no luck. This in unreal.😱
I talked with the admissions office yesterday and Angel Hamilton will be out of town until Thursday 9/23/10
I put why I should be considered and emphasized why I wanted to go into rural medicine. If you look at the first pages of this thread other people discussed this as well.
thanks! right after i posted, i went back and read everything starting on pg 1
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I heard from Dean Dunatov yesterday that the numbers were about the same this past year.
MCAT----- 23
GPA--------3.3 (Sci and Overall)
I am really glad this school looks for more than high MCAT stats, hopefully I get the opportunity to attend Pikeville.
I still haven't gotten an interview, does anyone knows until what dates do they usually send out invites?
Grats to all that got interviews, this seems like a fantastic school.
Usually they have one interview session a month, the first Friday of the month, from now until Feb/March. Well that's how late they went last year. I can confirm that for this year here within the next few days.
Thank You =)
last I heard from this school was an email stating that my application was downloaded by the admissions staff. this was on 9/13. my new mcat scores came in on the 14th and where then updated by aacomas. so im still waiting here lol. i really wanna go here! cmon!😳
last I heard from this school was an email stating that my application was downloaded by the admissions staff. this was on 9/13. my new mcat scores came in on the 14th and where then updated by aacomas. so im still waiting here lol. i really wanna go here! cmon!😳
I am in the same boat. I got a copy of my new MCAT scores and e mailed them to Corrine Bolt "[email protected]". I explained that I had just gotten my new MCAT scores and I wanted to make sure that they were in my file for evaluation. I received a reply stating that she got the scores and copied my email to Angel Hamilton.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 97
- Views
- 20K
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 21K
- Replies
- 187
- Views
- 40K