2021-2022 University of Pikeville College of Osteopathic Medicine (UP-KYCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
They have a board meeting tom! We will hear back within a week. Either way.
did you hear this form someone in admissions or is it just a hope?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed on 1/19 and still nothing yet... NGL getting nervous

I just got the acceptance call half an hour ago!!! Interviewed 2/3

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm so excited! Are you all planning on attending? This is the first school I've heard back from and I really enjoyed the interview- the faculty seems amazing :)

Reactions: 1 user
I'm so excited! Are you all planning on attending? This is the first school I've heard back from and I really enjoyed the interview- the faculty seems amazing :)
i’m planning on attending! :)
i also really enjoyed how awesome the faculty are!

I missed the call and got an email Saturday morning! My first A so it was really exciting. Still waiting on a couple other schools but this is one of my top choices for sure because of the faculty and community! Im just a little wary about the location.

Reactions: 4 users
Also got the call Friday! Now, does anyone know what happens if I accept but then I get another acceptance from a school I prefer after I pay the deposit? Can I just forfeit the deposit and go to another school?

Hi everyone, would applying here with a 496 MCAT score be alright?

Hi everyone, would applying here with a 496 MCAT score be alright?
I think it would be worth it, but definitely look into the school and make sure it’s a place you think you would be happy at! They seem to care more about who you are than grades compared to other schools

is KYCOM still offering interviews? is it worth it to send an update letter?

Advice for upcoming interview? TIA :)
The faculty are very nice and easy going! Just be yourself and be confident- having an interview means the school thinks you’re a good candidate!

• Care
Just wanted to update everyone. Match happened last week and we had 99% Match rate :) A lot of Primary Care along with EM, Radiology, Ortho, EM, Surgery, OB, Psych and more! So proud of my class. I also matched at my number 1 site!

Reactions: 6 users
Just wanted to update everyone. Match happened last week and we had 99% Match rate :) A lot of Primary Care along with EM, Radiology, Ortho, EM, Surgery, OB, Psych and more! So proud of my class. I also matched at my number 1 site!
That’s wonderful news! Congratulations!

Congrats Medscigirl! I can't imagine how awesome it feels to be starting residency soon, especially at your #1 choice :)

Do you know if there's a way for applicants or incoming students to look at KYCOM's match list per-year?

Congrats Medscigirl! I can't imagine how awesome it feels to be starting residency soon, especially at your #1 choice :)

Do you know if there's a way for applicants or incoming students to look at KYCOM's match list per-year?
I’m one of the Q&As they said only current medical students can look at it.

Hi all, I received an interview invite today. Any advice on how to prepare / what to expect? Thanks in advance.

Hi all, I received an interview invite today. Any advice on how to prepare / what to expect? Thanks in advance.
Mine was pretty conversational, though not with my originally planned interviewer, so I'm not sure if it is usually open file. Prepare for the typical DO interview questions like why DO, why this school, why medicine, etc. and you'll be great!!

For those accepted have any of you received financial aid packages yet? Does anyone know when those come out?

• Hmm
For those who are accepted already to class of 2026, can you guys go on your KYCOM secondary portal and see what it says under admissions offer?

I was accepted several months ago but all of a sudden the admissions offer tab now says I’m offered a seat in Class of 2027 instead? It mentions that I could be offered a seat if there is movement, but my official acceptance letter says Class of 2026 so now I’m confused.

Perhaps it’s just a technical glitch?

For those who are accepted already to class of 2026, can you guys go on your KYCOM secondary portal and see what it says under admissions offer?

I was accepted several months ago but all of a sudden the admissions offer tab now says I’m offered a seat in Class of 2027 instead? It mentions that I could be offered a seat if there is movement, but my official acceptance letter says Class of 2026 so now I’m confused.

Mine says the same thing. Its got to be a glitch.

Congratulations! I'm sure that was a sigh of relief, you're going to do amazing!

I don’t at the moment. I will send an email to the Dean though to see if we can start posting that information somewhere on our site. I know it can be extremely helpful

Have you heard any follow up to this?

Have you heard any follow up to this?
So basically it just updates to whatever they’re currently sending out to new acceptances later in the cycle. If you were accepted early on to the class of 2026 and put the deposit you’re good, and that message doesn’t pertain to you.