-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Got my PGY1 schedule over the weekend.
That plus all this stuff about ACLS, ATLS, and PALS,
Is making it all feel very REAL
God, I hope I'm not a bust...
(And yes, this a...but all the cool kids are doing it...)
I got my orientation schedule and a hefty little bundle of ACLS, BLS, and PALS stuff that I need to read before orientation. Reality is setting in. It's kinda scary and exciting.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted109597
I got my orientation schedule and a hefty little bundle of ACLS, BLS, and PALS stuff that I need to read before orientation. Reality is setting in. It's kinda scary and exciting.
You don't need to read it before orientation. Seriously. Just be cognizant of the flash cards.
You will need to know it eventually, but not for orientation.
is about all I have time for. Flight supposed to arrive at 11a. Instead arrives at 3p. First got cancelled, transferred to another, went to Dallas instead of Chicago...pilot announced a possible 1-2 hr extension in the air and maybe a grounding b/w to get more gas...turned out okay in the end, then 2nd flight was delayed another hour. Glad I got up at 5am for all this and to sit at the airport for an extra 2 hrs after the flight cancellation. /end rant/back to studying.
D
deleted109597
I now have a house. I'll get to live in it eventually.
Anyone know how to grow grass in sandy loam?
It does make me feel all responsible now. Well, not really.
Anyone know how to grow grass in sandy loam?
It does make me feel all responsible now. Well, not really.
I had to schedule Step 2 CS today. UGH UGH UGH.
are the ugh's b/c you have to do it or b/c of the cost or both?
Just looked at myself in the mirror. Realized how terrible I look...and I've only been up for not quite 18 hrs. Hopefully this gets better before I am told to take call next year...okay, just 3-4 mos away. I'll have them telling me to go home and mean it (heard sometimes they say go home and don't mean it and others don't even expect you to show up and are surprised if you do (at the hospital system I will be next year)).
are the ugh's b/c you have to do it or b/c of the cost or both?
Cost. The fact that the closest test center is booked THROUGH DECEMBER. Having to travel to take a stupid test. Cost. Because I have to take the stupid test. Cost. 😛
Cost. The fact that the closest test center is booked THROUGH DECEMBER. Having to travel to take a stupid test. Cost. Because I have to take the stupid test. Cost. 😛
Totally understand that one. Just think though...it has to be better than taking step one last summer. Mine has to be done in Philly (no other options for the PE), therefore, I will be glad I'm in the area when the time comes. I have a feeling I will be getting a few visitors for it too.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
i wonder when i'll get my state tax refund...
Mine just posted, so you might get yours soon, assuming we filed at the same time and a bunch of other things that probably aren't true.
We had a grad dinner tonight, I got a little buzzed (still am) and realized I'm actually going to miss these people.
congrats dr. erin!
Last test of second year tomorrow! Then I get a whopping 2 days off before I dig in!
Last test of second year tomorrow! Then I get a whopping 2 days off before I dig in!
hey, I keep seeing you post but I feel like I don't know you as well as I should. Wassup?
hey, I keep seeing you post but I feel like I don't know you as well as I should. Wassup?
I concur.
D
deleted109597
post call. Glorious night. 1 page.
I have another 2 weeks and another exam before I can start prepping for the boards. 👎Last test of second year tomorrow! Then I get a whopping 2 days off before I dig in!
Finished!!!!!!!!!!! ...until boards (unless I didn't pass today...not a good feeling right now)
but I'll still try to celebrate and clean up my apt! (hint of sarcasm)
Congrats on being finished. Hopefully you have a bit of a break until boards. Good luck on boards/studying for them too.

hey, I keep seeing you post but I feel like I don't know you as well as I should. Wassup?
Yo! Not much. What can I do ya for? About to pass out from mass tiredness here.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats on being finished. Hopefully you have a bit of a break until boards. Good luck on boards/studying for them too.![]()
Thanks. I have about one month before boards. My friends and I decided we would meet up every Sunday this summer to bbq so that we could still maybe remain sane while studying for boards. And of course, if we feel the need, there is always a way to change board study into a drinking game.
Yo! Not much. What can I do ya for? About to pass out from mass tiredness here.
A brief biography will do! 😀 Also,, how's Baltimore? You have a great home program....
yay, congrats!After tomorrow, I am officially Dr. Edemer!!!!!!!! 20+years in school. I have never not been a student.
I can't wait until I am no longer a student, as well, especially since for the last 1.5 years I have been Dr. Hard24get, yet still a student... 😕I think its time for me to start counting down shifts...
So what's the starting number?
So what's the starting number?
15
After tomorrow, I am officially Dr. Edemer!!!!!!!! 20+years in school. I have never not been a student.
Congrats! We are both Doctors now. I can't get over it. I'm much more excited then I thought I would be.
Just looked at myself in the mirror. Realized how terrible I look...and I've only been up for not quite 18 hrs. Hopefully this gets better before I am told to take call next year...okay, just 3-4 mos away. I'll have them telling me to go home and mean it (heard sometimes they say go home and don't mean it and others don't even expect you to show up and are surprised if you do (at the hospital system I will be next year)).
I've learned that looking bad and smelling worse post-call = going home even earlier....
A brief biography will do! 😀 Also,, how's Baltimore? You have a great home program....
24/male/long walks..in non-empty crackhouse areas, please. EM's #1 on a relatively short list, so I figured I'd poke around and bother everyone in here. Baltimore's alright. I've lived here all my life, so I'm kinda ready to explore the world, though. There's plenty to do here if you look for it. The crime is kinda bad, but that depends where you are. The EM folks here are awesome, no doubt. They are nothing but helpful to us. Can't wait to start 3rd year (and then finish third year 😉) so I can start getting some clarity to the neverending "what kind of doctor do you want to be" questions.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got to figure out what to do with my family while they're in town for 4 days+ for my graduation.
that could be a huge challenge. I have problems if my family is in town for just one day. I would suggest dropping them off at King of Prussia and leaving them there for one day.
D
deleted109597
Step III tomorrow. Guess I should start studying soon.
Step III tomorrow. Guess I should start studying soon.
What is the difference between step II and step III?
