Rocky Vista is actively looking for 2008 students

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tdsbird2

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am not interested in DO schools (sorry) but I am doing research for a Dr. in Denver who know the dean at Rocky Vista and has told me multiple time that the dean is looking for students to fill this falls class.

I dont know what you want to do with this info, but I am just letting you know. Maybe you could call and be accepted before you know it and be on your way. Just trying to help.

Members don't see this ad.

Based on your rejection from UofC and lack of resource citation, you have troll motive.

I'll let the RVUCOM insiders/med students who work at UofC handle this weak attempt.

buh-bye

it is trolling season i know...but most trolls dont have 100 + posts and what joy would i get out of you calling and them saying that is completely wrong...and the people work at CU wont know anything more with the schools having nothing to do with each other...all i know is i could go to RV this fall if i wanted to

Members don't see this ad :)
it is trolling season i know...but most trolls dont have 100 + posts and what joy would i get out of you calling and them saying that is completely wrong...and the people work at CU wont know anything more with the schools having nothing to do with each other...all i know is i could go to RV this fall if i wanted to

With no application, highly doubtful - and a way to masturbate your fragile ego.

I think you know as well as I do that this type of false advertisement/slander (verifiable) in this forum is nothing but a feeble attempt to harm the reputation of osteopathic medicine and RVUCOM.

They've (RVUCOM med students) weathered worse trolling attempts.

I think you're stuck with St. George in Grenada and you're kicking yourself; I completely understand. I'm sorry that you didn't entertain the idea of osteopathic medicine, too.

Watch out for the saltwater crocs on your way to class in the Caribbean.

With no application, highly doubtful - and a way to masturbate your fragile ego.

I think you know as well as I do that this type of false advertisement/slander (verifiable) in this forum is nothing but a feeble attempt to harm the reputation of osteopathic medicine and RVUCOM.

They've (RVUCOM med students) weathered worse trolling attempts.

I think you're stuck with St. George in Grenada and you're kicking yourself; I completely understand. I'm sorry that you didn't entertain the idea of osteopathic medicine, too.

Watch out for the saltwater crocs on your way to class in the Caribbean.

WOW, going the wrong way on this one. First, not going to St. George...have actually ended up at NYMC and havent updated my MDapps (Sorry). second, I have nothing wrong with DO besides the fact that I (maybe foolishly) want to be a neurosurgeon and 1 out of all the neurosurgery residents in the nation is a DO grad (more were FMG)

maybe I can help at least someone

Call them, their class isnt full and their budget probably needs a full class of tution to work out...or dont call them and just call me a troll - wont affect me

Call them, their class isnt full and their budget probably needs a full class of tution to work out...or dont call them and just call me a troll - wont affect me
Don't want the investors to get upset... :smuggrin:

I am not interested in DO schools (sorry) but I am doing research for a Dr. in Denver who know the dean at Rocky Vista and has told me multiple time that the dean is looking for students to fill this falls class.

I dont know what you want to do with this info, but I am just letting you know. Maybe you could call and be accepted before you know it and be on your way. Just trying to help.

I would like to hear who you talked to - an actual name would be great, because I have worked in several department at UCHSC and I have quite a few contacts there. If they are spreading false information, I think they should be informed of it! I think your information is misguided.

I think that it is plausable that the doc you spoke to said that Dean Martin was looking for more COLORADO students, as the in-state matriculant rate is only 35%. However, with over 2,500 applications for the 2008 year, I think that RVUCOM has has more than enough quality applicants to choose from.

Furthermore, you are completely incorrect that the two school will have NOTHING to do with each other. UCHSC is completely in support of RVUCOM, and has provided, among other things, the educational model on which the RVUCOM curriculum is formed.

If you have any future comments about the admission statistics of RVUCOM, I will suggest that you contact Julie (Director of Admissions) and confirm the information before you post it. It just saves you from looking foolish. :)

WOW, going the wrong way on this one. First, not going to St. George...have actually ended up at NYMC and havent updated my MDapps (Sorry). second, I have nothing wrong with DO besides the fact that I (maybe foolishly) want to be a neurosurgeon and 1 out of all the neurosurgery residents in the nation is a DO grad (more were FMG)

maybe I can help at least someone

Well, all anyone has to do is look at your post history.

Look, you're naive to think your post would "help" anyone. That's such BS, IMO. If I came in to the allo forum and posted something like with regard to Rosalind Franklin (a school you considered) I'd get drawn and quartered.

I can't say what I need to say with regard to how short-sighted your post was in light of trolling season and in particular, trolling against RVUCOM. The information you provide simply does not add up and frankly, is complete BS when they are pulling off their waitlist selectively right now. They've also had over 2500 applications prior to Feb.

No osteopathic medical schools have to go out and *actively recruit stateside.

PS. Some of the folks who work in research at UofC are ambassadors/med students at RVUCOM so yes, they'll know a whole lot more than you on the subject. There are also a number of UofC med students as well as SDN mods (in osteo - SCPOD) who know some more tangible facts surrounding the school.

I dont work at UCHSC, I work at Swedish Medical Center. I will talk to the doctor I work with tomorrow and see about the name of the dean.

Call them, their class isnt full and their budget probably needs a full class of tution to work out...

I call 'em like I see 'em.

I dont work at UCHSC, I work at Swedish Medical Center. I will talk to the doctor I work with tomorrow and see about the name of the dean.

Our Dean is Dr. Ronnie Martin (also the current President of the American Conference of Osteopathic Family Physicians), and Swedish happens to be one of our rotation sites.

Who is the doctor that gave you the false information about the enrollment?

Listen bud ... Even if your intent wasn't to troll (which I kinda doubt, and really see no other point), posts like this just make you seem like someone who is bitter and trying to stir the pot. Numerous people have stated that 2,500 people applied to RVUCOM, and I'm pretty sure they didn't accept 2,500 people for their first class. I'm not going to sit here and rag on you (Gasapple sure as hell took care of that), all I will say is that stating 'I didn't apply DO, but could just attend this school if I wanted to,' isn't going to get you anywhere around here.

This information is completely false. I spoke with Kathy, our financial aid director, 2 weeks ago and she informed me that the class is 100% full. She also said that the movement off the waitlist has been slow. The staff is 100% confident that we will have a full class in the Fall.

Status
Not open for further replies.