This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I switched to T-Mobile before coming down, because their plan is pretty awesome for international travel. As part of my normal plan I get unlimited data and texting when abroad, and calling is 25 cents a minute (I think). But I just always FaceTime or use WhatsApp to avoid that. I got a local phone as well when I got here, but ended up getting rid of it after first semester because almost everyone here has WhatsApp!

Ive seen quite a few people mention Google Fi so i was considering them as a service provider.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I saw this plan and was considering it. Since I am due for an iPhone upgrade anyway. I could get the new iPhone that has dual sim, then not have to worry about getting an island phone if that turned out to be something I wanted to do. Did you feel that service was good on the island though? I am mainly concerned about having the availability of google maps with me everywhere as I get lost extremely easily and rely on it often.

The service has actually been great. I’ve lived here for a year next month and have never had any issues.

Hello all, I’m new here!
I was wondering if anyone could be of help. I applied to Ross in December of last year and I’ve heard nothing back from them. It took forever for them to update when they received my transcripts and now I’m just waiting to find out if I got an interview or if I got rejected. I called and emailed at the end of February and I was assured I would hear something in two weeks time (prior to the shutdown of colleges and universities). I’m still waiting and with all that’s happening with COVID-19, I keep thinking I probably won’t hear back for a few more months. Does it usually take 4 months to get a response from the school?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello all, I’m new here!
I was wondering if anyone could be of help. I applied to Ross in December of last year and I’ve heard nothing back from them. It took forever for them to update when they received my transcripts and now I’m just waiting to find out if I got an interview or if I got rejected. I called and emailed at the end of February and I was assured I would hear something in two weeks time (prior to the shutdown of colleges and universities). I’m still waiting and with all that’s happening with COVID-19, I keep thinking I probably won’t hear back for a few more months. Does it usually take 4 months to get a response from the school?

I applied in January and i heard back about an interview in February and was accepted at the end of February. I would say it is unusual for them to take so long to answer.

Does anyone have or know anyone who had a Ross Blog from within the past year?

Ive watched alot of Vlogs but im interested in Some blogs to read!!! Thank you

Hello all, I’m new here!
I applied on VMCAS back in September and Had an interview in October and acceptance in October

Has anyone been able to submit a different LOR then what Ross asks for? For example has anyone had the opportunity to submit an LOR from someone different then a professor?

I applied in January and i heard back about an interview in February and was accepted at the end of February. I would say it is unusual for them to take so long to answer.

Idk what the hold up is. I submitted through VMCAS aa well in September but they were waiting on my official transcript showing completion of my pre requisites which they received in December but I didn’t find out they received it until the end of January. Idk who to talk to anymore because I’ve called and emailed with no luck. I feel like this is a sign I didn’t get accepted

Idk what the hold up is. I submitted through VMCAS aa well in September but they were waiting on my official transcript showing completion of my pre requisites which they received in December but I didn’t find out they received it until the end of January. Idk who to talk to anymore because I’ve called and emailed with no luck. I feel like this is a sign I didn’t get accepted

Call and talk to Ruth shes really nice and will get things straightened out!

Members don't see this ad :)
Is she an advisor?

Shes a director of admissions. Shes in charge of the South east though. There is a list on the website of who your director is for your region.

Does anyone have good quality & useful photos of an on-campus single dorm room? Being placed at Tegreman! Thank you!

Does anyone have good quality & useful photos of an on-campus single dorm room? Being placed at Tegreman! Thank you!

There are videos on Youtube of the dorm rooms by a current student named Ashley! They as SUPER helpful!!!

Is there a group chat/page for students starting in May 2020. I'd love to chat about the virtual learning and keep in touch with my classmates.

Is there a group chat/page for students starting in May 2020. I'd love to chat about the virtual learning and keep in touch with my classmates.
Search RUSVM Green Semester and you’ll find it! :) Just be sure to join the 2024 one

Shes a director of admissions. Shes in charge of the South east though. There is a list on the website of who your director is for your region.

I contacted her in yesterday and she responded today say that at first glance it appeared that my application was under review for denial. I’m assuming that means a straight out rejection from the school. But she is not sure what’s going on so she is going to reach out to someone else to find out more

Has anyone heard from admissions lately?

On FB someone said they were accepted to vet prep and posted it today. As far as those of us accepted, we will get our packets after we pay our deposit.

Heard from Ross last Friday that my application is under review. Now we wait!!

Hi all! I hope everyone is staying safe during this time. I wanted to reach out and see if anyone was in the same circumstances as myself. I applied in the end of March for Fall 2020 class. I got an interview April 6th. I was told I would find out if I was accepted in one month. I just feel so anxious! Anyone have any tips or advice?

Hi all! I hope everyone is staying safe during this time. I wanted to reach out and see if anyone was in the same circumstances as myself. I applied in the end of March for Fall 2020 class. I got an interview April 6th. I was told I would find out if I was accepted in one month. I just feel so anxious! Anyone have any tips or advice?
Congratulations!!! I also Recently Applied and I am waiting for an interview.

Last edited:
Hi everybody! I'm so glad I would this forum. I was accepted for fall 2020 but am having a pretty big dilemma over whether I should accept (as ross is pretty much my only option right now) or wait a year, mostly due to coronavirus messing everything up and it being more expensive than most other schools in my area. I also wasn't really planning on leaving the country. Does anyone have experience taking a year off or reapplying? I'm leaning towards just going for it.

Hi everybody! I'm so glad I would this forum. I was accepted for fall 2020 but am having a pretty big dilemma over whether I should accept (as ross is pretty much my only option right now) or wait a year, mostly due to coronavirus messing everything up and it being more expensive than most other schools in my area. I also wasn't really planning on leaving the country. Does anyone have experience taking a year off or reapplying? I'm leaning towards just going for it.
Why do you say this is your only option? There are many variables when applying.

I want to know how often current students see those centipedes and what’s the best steps to prevent them in your living space

• Haha
That's what I decided to do! I am going to apply again this cycle and see what happens! You're acceptance at Ross can be deferred if it doesn't work out! But I definitely had money, the virus, and my partner and pets in mind when I made my decision. Also I think my stats are good enough to get into a school in the states and I'd like to give myself that opportunity!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Im going to be honest on my own experience.

This is my second cycle, and i think my stats are good enough to get into the states. HOWEVER, all the schools are extremely competitive right now. The way i look at it, no other school has really given me a glance. I have A TON of experience, i have good grades, leadership positions, and i worked REALLY hard to get where i am.

Ross is giving me a chance and im taking it, because the cost, stress, and time to applying again.. it makes me want to vomit. Besides being on an island will be so nice. A lot diversity and students with grit that have also worked really hard to get where they are.

I feel like everyone’s situation is different, im competitive but not a number one pick

Reactions: 3 users
Im going to be honest on my own experience.

This is my second cycle, and i think my stats are good enough to get into the states. HOWEVER, all the schools are extremely competitive right now. The way i look at it, no other school has really given me a glance. I have A TON of experience, i have good grades, leadership positions, and i worked REALLY hard to get where i am.

Ross is giving me a chance and im taking it, because the cost, stress, and time to applying again.. it makes me want to vomit. Besides being on an island will be so nice. A lot diversity and students with grit that have also worked really hard to get where they are.

I feel like everyone’s situation is different, im competitive but not a number one pick

So true. I keep thinking if I would’ve applied here in the first place I wouldn’t be graduating with a worthless MS at LMU with more debt and I’d be doing clinicals already. I’m not waiting one more cycle. I’m thankful for the opportunity that I couldn’t even get with my 3.8 GPA at LMU. I’m so excited to be a Rossie!

Reactions: 2 users
I want to know how often current students see those centipedes and what’s the best steps to prevent them in your living space

I’ve never had one in my apartment (have lived there for a year), but have seen them outside maybe once a month. They spray around my complex and also where I live could be a factor, I’m right on the ocean. I think there’s probably more in the more woody areas of the island, also if you have an apartment that’s below ground level it seems like they tend to have more issues with them. They do apparently like to come in through air conditioners sometimes FYI, I’ve never had it happen but it sounds terrifying lol. A lot of students buy Bop, a local potent pesticide to have on hand to kill them. They’re pretty resilient, so a lot of times you have to slam them with a book too.

Reactions: 1 users
Hi all!
I just interviewed with Ross today for May start...anyone else starting in May?

I’ve never had one in my apartment (have lived there for a year), but have seen them outside maybe once a month. They spray around my complex and also where I live could be a factor, I’m right on the ocean. I think there’s probably more in the more woody areas of the island, also if you have an apartment that’s below ground level it seems like they tend to have more issues with them. They do apparently like to come in through air conditioners sometimes FYI, I’ve never had it happen but it sounds terrifying lol. A lot of students buy Bop, a local potent pesticide to have on hand to kill them. They’re pretty resilient, so a lot of times you have to slam them with a book too.
The book part was an excellent touch I feel lol

I will have to warn my neighbors that if I see one I will scream

• Haha
Why do you say this is your only option? There are many variables when applying.
I say this because the other schools I applied to rejected me and the one waitlisted me. The one I'm waitlisted for has other classes that would need to be done prior to enrolling if I got accepted and it's not smart to hold off on that until the last minute with no guarantee of acceptance. Realistically ross seems to be the best options I have at the moment.

With everyone's advice I've gotten it seems moving foward with ross is the best thing to do so I think I'm gonna just go for it!

I say this because the other schools I applied to rejected me and the one waitlisted me. The one I'm waitlisted for has other classes that would need to be done prior to enrolling if I got accepted and it's not smart to hold off on that until the last minute with no guarantee of acceptance. Realistically ross seems to be the best options I have at the moment.

With everyone's advice I've gotten it seems moving foward with ross is the best thing to do so I think I'm gonna just go for it!
Go with what your heart wants. We can give you opinions but I think weighing your pros and cons helps. Ross seems awesome to me

Just signed up for open house in March... Anybody else going to be there?

Hi there! Open house was canceled, I was supposed to go as well! Did you end up going to the island still?

Hi there! Open house was canceled, I was supposed to go as well! Did you end up going to the island still?
No lol I actually decided not to go at all but if you look on YouTube there are a lot of current and past students who did video blogs with tours of the island and a whole bunch of other cool stuff!

No lol I actually decided not to go at all but if you look on YouTube there are a lot of current and past students who did video blogs with tours of the island and a whole bunch of other cool stuff!

I went to the island even though it was canceled! Found housing! A car! Where to grocery shop! What beaches to goto! And met lots of current students! Realized how easy and common it is to travel there with pets! Feel free to message me if you have questions! I loved it when I visited!

Reactions: 2 users
Howdy friends! I applied on a whim a week ago and expedited my app to be able to start in May 2020 and found out I was accepted today!! Anyways I'm super nervous because everything happened so fast but what are some of the reasons why y'all accepted or declined your seat? I have to tell them really soon and I am just looking for any advice!

Howdy friends! I applied on a whim a week ago and expedited my app to be able to start in May 2020 and found out I was accepted today!! Anyways I'm super nervous because everything happened so fast but what are some of the reasons why y'all accepted or declined your seat? I have to tell them really soon and I am just looking for any advice!
Did you have to interview?

Did you have to interview?
Yes!! I interviewed on Wednesday and then heard back today. I got an email last week about open seats and that they were expediting applications so I got in all my app materials, was interviewed, and heard back with the decision today.

Yes!! I interviewed on Wednesday and then heard back today. I got an email last week about open seats and that they were expediting applications so I got in all my app materials, was interviewed, and heard back with the decision today.
Congratulations

What you should think about to help decide is... why did you apply so quickly to go in May? You must have saw something in the school you liked to expedite it that quickly!

I say, do what you think is best for you!

For everyone starting this may, are you starting online?

yeah, all classes will be online until at least late June. I honestly won’t be surprised though if the whole semester ends up being online tbh.

They’re making sure students will have the opportunity to make up labs (including Anatomy)!

Hi guys! I got an add today to apply for the Ross class starting in May. I understand the classes will be online for now due to Covid-19, but does anybody know what the chances are of getting in so late? The fact that they were advertising makes me think they have room but I was curious to hear what others think!

Hi guys! I got an add today to apply for the Ross class starting in May. I understand the classes will be online for now due to Covid-19, but does anybody know what the chances are of getting in so late? The fact that they were advertising makes me think they have room but I was curious to hear what others think!

I literally submitted my app last week and got accepted for May 2020 on Friday! I am still in my undergrad classes to finish my bachelors until May 1 too and they did not have a problem with it. As long as you could have your rec letters in ASAP I don't think you would have an issue! If you have any questions you can message me :)

I am really blind here but i don't see a RUSVM Purple 2024 class (September 2024) on facebook. Is there something i'm missing? Can someone drop the link heehee