Samuel Merritt Fall 2020 start

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I believe Kaise is probably putting together the waitlist or rejection list and will be sending out emails. By now she would have called. Just to let you guys know it is a tough journey, and we are all feeling this, anxious, negativity, frustration. But know that we tried our best, we are determined and we are strong!. Keep going and don't let anyone discourage you. Live your truth, follow your dream and don't ever stop!.

I wish you all happy holiday and success in life.

Thank you so much for this! My PT journey is a lot of ups and downs. There were times where I debated on changing my career path to something else due to time and money, and I felt like a failure every time I see a rejection letter. But, I learned over time that it's a long process as long as you're working towards your goal. Everyone should be proud of their journey and don't let anyone stop you from reaching your goal to become a PT.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Thank you so much for this! My PT journey is a lot of ups and downs. There were times where I debated on changing my career path to something else due to time and money, and I felt like a failure every time I see a rejection letter. But, I learned over time that it's a long process as long as you're working towards your goal. Everyone should be proud of their journey and don't let anyone stop you from reaching your goal to become a PT.
You are so welcome. You know just seeing your reply to my comment made me feel so good. I mean I am in the same boat with you and I am going through exactly what you may be feeling. Just to share some words. There will be many people that will tell us to pursue something instead or have a plan B, understandable in this real world we need to be prepared but if you really and truly believe in your confidence that we will reach to our ultimate goal and that we are determined then we can persevere any obstacles in life. I am with you on this. And just to let you know you are strong! Bold and worth it!!!!! Believe in yourself is very important. If not SMU the right school will take us and value. That's how I see it and it just keeps me going. The universe have it all planned out keep your spirit high and keep going!

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Just reading all your comments really makes me happy. I’m glad I wasn’t alone in this journey. Although, I got accepted I can completely relate to you all who are waiting. The journey to get to this point wasn’t easy I changed careers, moved back home, burn through my savings and lost a few friends. However I learn so much about myself during this process that I wouldn’t take back for nothing.
For those wait please realize everything happens for a reason. Just focus on the objective.
Best

Members don't see this ad :)
I just received this email!

Attachments

• 277D360E-626D-498B-8762-93A10F6E4B21.png
    277D360E-626D-498B-8762-93A10F6E4B21.png
    242.5 KB · Views: 161
Just got an update from Samuel Merritt.

"I am writing to let you know that you are still in the running for admission to Samuel Merritt University's Doctor of Physical Therapy program. We have made our denial decisions and I am happy to say you have made it past the initial review stage. Our final admission decisions have been delayed; we will inform you of your admission status after we return from the holiday break."

I guess there's still hope.

Happy holidays everyone.

Last edited:
Just got an update, I got an email from Samuel Merritt.

"I am writing to let you know that you are still in the running for admission to Samuel Merritt University's Doctor of Physical Therapy program. We have made our denial decisions and I am happy to say you have made it past the initial review stage. Our final admission decisions have been delayed; we will inform you of your admission status after we return from the holiday break."

I guess there's still hope.

Happy holidays everyone.

I JUST GOT IT TOO!! Does this mean possibly a waitlist or a late acceptance?

This definitely helped put me on ease at least until after the holidays

Reactions: 1 user
I JUST GOT IT TOO!! Does this mean possibly a waitlist or a left acceptance?
I just got this as well. Had a little panic attack. Lol. I believe there are still hope for all of us.

Reactions: 4 users
I got it too!! So at this point, does this mean we'll either get accepted or waitlisted?

Sent from my SM-N975U using SDN mobile

I JUST GOT IT TOO!! Does this mean possibly a waitlist or a late acceptance?

This definitely helped put me on ease at least until after the holidays

Yes, I believe we're are either getting waitlisted or accepted. :)

Unfortunately, we have to wait till January 6th lol. :(

Reactions: 2 users
Yes, I believe we're are either getting waitlisted or accepted. :)

Unfortunately, we have to wait till January 6th lol. :(

At least I don't have to spend the holidays thinking I got rejected from SMU :) January 6th will come soon enough! Now we can breathe... a little.

I received this email too. I’m at work and I quickly glanced at the email and I only saw the word “denial” I was devastated... until I finished the entire email.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I am just so happy I was not outright denied. After attending the information session I felt confident this was the place for me and I would fit right in. However since I saw acceptances were given out earlier this week, my perception of myself took a hit. I was in mourning the past few days wondering how delusional I was. At least now I know I was not completely wrong about myself.

I will most likely deny my spot for SMU so I hope that gives you guys some good news, happy holidays everyone!!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

I got the email too. At least it’s not a rejection letter and I can breathe a sigh relief.

I am just so happy I was not outright denied. After attending the information session I felt confident this was the place for me and I would fit right in. However since I saw acceptances were given out earlier this week, my perception of myself took a hit. I was in mourning the past few days wondering how delusional I was. At least now I know I was not completely wrong about myself.

YOU got this!! please stay positive

I received the email as well. We all get to breathe a little. We got this
YOU got this!! please stay positive
I literally broke down this week . It was so disheartening. We go this. Don't lose hope and faith... believe in your confidence and don't ever stop.

Anyone on here only receive an email regarding the initial review but no further emails? After reading the recent email posted on here from other students, it seems like SMU has decided on their denials. Have people received rejection letters from SMU for Fall 2020 already?

I did not receive a rejection nor do I know anyone who did. I can’t imagine anyone getting a rejection continuing to follow this thread.

Last edited:
I did not receive a rejection nor do I know anyone who did. I can’t imagine anyone getting a rejection continuing to follow this thread.
That makes sense, just looking for any information on SMU's program.

Crossing fingers for us. Hopefully, she gives us a call today and not make us wait until tomorrow :arghh:

rejection email from the dean as well.. Suggesting I enroll in a Master's program or re-take prerequisite coursework. I earned my Masters degree in Biomechanics last May :eek: and re-took three prerequisite classes and earned A's in them. If anyone has any other suggestions that would be great. I plan on reaching out to Kasie to review my application.

rejection email from the dean as well.. Suggesting I enroll in a Master's program or re-take prerequisite coursework. I earned my Masters degree in Biomechanics last May :eek: and re-took three prerequisite classes and earned A's in them. If anyone has any other suggestions that would be great. I plan on reaching out to Kasie to review my application.

Damn, this is making me nervous. Anyone receive any acceptance calls? And I thought all denials were already notified prior to the holiday email :/

Damn, this is making me nervous. Anyone receive any acceptance calls? And I thought all denials were already notified prior to the holiday email :/
That's what I thought. The email they sent us back in December made it sound like we actually had a chance.

Sent from my SM-N975U using SDN mobile

Anyone else received any rejections email or calls from Kasie? Maybe she will be making calls throughout the week?

I like how they emphasize they know their delay causes anxiety, yet they continue to keep everyone on cliff hangers. I’ll be denying what ever decision I get because I got into a school I prefer over them, but if calling each student prolongs the process, just email us lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Haha
Still waiting for notification after that email. Nothing today

I received the rejection email about 7 hours ago (was at work all day and had to run errands, couldn't update on this forum).
A little frustrated with myself because I thought I had a chance after receiving the email in December saying I made it pass the initial review stage.

I'm hoping for the best for all of you waiting on Samuel Merritt as well as any other schools.
Keep your heads up! Just remember, there's always next year, and the following, etc. Don't give up!
Happy 2020!

I don't understand why they're still sending out rejection emails even though Kasie said they already sent out denial letters before the holidays. I don't know what this means, but this is making me nervous. Let's see how it goes this week everyone.

Still waiting for waitlist? Not expecting an acceptance at this point haha

Maybe it’s taking a while to sort through how many spots they have left because the deadline for accepted students to commit someone said was yesterday so they’ll send out a waitlist or maybe still accept a few this week.

I wonder they sent out any waitlist? Because yest was the last day for deposit and acceptance approval for students

I'm still waiting to hear back too. Nervous!

Just got an email. I'm on the waitlist. I guess it's too early to tell what place I'm in but it's better than a rejection letter I suppose. Good luck everyone.

Just got an email. I'm on the waitlist. I guess it's too early to tell what place I'm in but it's better than a rejection letter I suppose. Good luck everyone.
Me too. Waitlist as well

Just got an email. I'm on the waitlist

Wait listed as well. Doesn’t seem like it tells you what # you are and just have to wait until you receive an update from Kasie.

I heard the waitlist can be up to 200 students, and last year they had around 40 of their 1st pass students decline.