Samuel Merritt Fall 2020 start

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I heard the waitlist can be up to 200 students, and last year they had around 40 of their 1st pass students decline.

Hopefully Kasie updates us on our position on the wait list sooner than later. Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
waitlisted too haha just happy to get an update on our admission status

Waitlisted as well, do you think Kasie will provide us with our waitlist # later on?

I’m not sure if they will give us a place number, or if we even have one. I knew few people who did not get in last year and were on the waitlist, but they never mentioned to me having a placement number. Even if there is, based on the responses in this forum alone the line seems pretty long! And think of all the people who are in line and also not on this forum. There’s a huge difference from being 1st in line and being 99th is all I am saying.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi guys, I was asked to send an update that hopefully helps.

There are currently 11 people in the Fall 2020 cohort group. Some students may not use SDN, so there are probably more.

I obviously don’t know the implications of this, but I hope it gives some idea of what the waitlist looks like or how many more spots may become available as people deny their SMU admission.

Good luck!

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Kasie said they are not giving out waitlist numbers because they change very quickly. However there are 290 people on the waitlist for 50 seats to fill.

Kasie said they are not giving out waitlist numbers because they change very quickly. However there are 290 people on the waitlist for 50 seats to fill.

Thanks for keeping us posted. That’s a lot of people on the waitlist did she email you that information? Hoping we can an update within the next couple weeks as people decline their acceptances or drop off the waitlist.

we made it this far everyone. Don’t give up just yet!

Just an update, I was accepted and just received an email saying the deposit for students isn’t actually until 01/15. So they’ll probably notify waitlists following that day!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Reactions: 4 users
Just an update, I was accepted and just received an email saying the deposit for students isn’t actually until 01/15. So they’ll probably notify waitlists following that day!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN
Thank you for the update!
We can breathe a little guys!

I am also on the waitlist but I’m going to decline my spot! Good luck to all!!!

Reactions: 2 users
Hey everyone, I would like some advices, I got accepted to a school in the east coast, but I still want to wait for Samule Merritt because it is my top 1 choice, I am waitlisted in SMU. Do you guys think I should email Kasie about my chance to Samule Merritt or just wait until next week?
Thank you and good luck to everyone.

Hey everyone, I would like some advices, I got accepted to a school in the east coast, but I still want to wait for Samule Merritt because it is my top 1 choice, I am waitlisted in SMU. Do you guys think I should email Kasie about my chance to Samule Merritt or just wait until next week?
With a waitlist pool as large as 290, I think the odds are in your favor to accept the school on the east coast. Not sure if that means you should pull out just yet though. What East coast school, if I may ask?

If I was you I would grab this opportunity of accepting the offer in east coast just because it is so though and competitive to get in and I wouldn't wanna lose that chance and another year of being in the application cycle. That's just me. If an opportunity is knocking on my door, I'd grab it! Congratulations for the acceptance offer in east coast!

With a waitlist pool as large as 290, I think the odds are in your favor to accept the school on the east coast. Not sure if that means you should pull out just yet though. What East coast school, if I may ask?

Thank you for your advice.
The school is NYIT.

If I was you I would grab this opportunity of accepting the offer in east coast just because it is so though and competitive to get in and I wouldn't wanna lose that chance and another year of being in the application cycle. That's just me. If an opportunity is knocking on my door, I'd grab it! Congratulations for the acceptance offer in east coast!
Thank you for the advice. I think I will take the offer. Thanks again.

Hey guys, did anyone get any updates?

• Dislike
Hey guys any updates I'm thinking of emailing soon? Did yall hear back or any moves yet if they are calling on waitlist?

Hi! So Kasie said I’m #73 on the waitlist, so I’m not really gonna have my hopes up for SMU. Haha. Does anyone know how many people are on the list? And has anyone gotten updated too?

Hi! So Kasie said I’m #73 on the waitlist, so I’m not really gonna have my hopes up for SMU. Haha. Does anyone know how many people are on the list? And has anyone gotten updated too?
Nvm I see that someone said there’s 290 on that waitlist... I’m not sure how deep they go into the list, but good luck to everyone!!

Hi, how do you know what number are you? You emailed them and asked for it?

Did she started to call people from waitlist?what is going on? I see 16 people got added in the fb pg wth lol .

Did she started to call people from waitlist?what is going on? I see 16 people got added in the fb pg wth lol .

16 people total or an additional 16 people + whatever they had originally? I thought deadlines for deposits already passed.

Hopefully this means they will pull 34 or so from the wait list if no one else accepts. Wishful thinking... :claps:

Last edited:
Seriously this has been such a long wait. Exhausted from all the wait. I wonder when will she start calling about the decisions.

I just got back from another interview, and I also emailed Kasie about what number on the waitlist am I. The waiting game on waitlists is a killer.

I recieved this emailed about ESS student services that gave me a ticket number and it says its closed now what does that mean? Does anyone have that email

So I’m #195 out of 291 on the waitlist. I’m not sure if I want to keep my hopes up for SMU. She emailed me today that she’ll call me if there’s any position opening but due to my number on the list, I don’t think there’s a chance.

So I’m #195 out of 291 on the waitlist. I’m not sure if I want to keep my hopes up for SMU. She emailed me today that she’ll call me if there’s any position opening but due to my number on the list, I don’t think there’s a chance.

did you talk to kasie? do you know if shes calling waitlist people today/this week?

did you talk to kasie? do you know if shes calling waitlist people today/this week?

I emailed her about what number am I on the waitlist and I have no clue when she's calling people on the waitlist. All I know based on the email she sent me is she's holding out on sending waitlist numbers until there's significant movement. So, most likely not today nor this week.

I'm #28 on the waitlist. Really hoping they pull a good chunk since there are still only 16 people on the official fb group and the due date for initial deposits already passed. There must be a good reason why the waitlist goes all the way to almost 300 when other programs are in the 100s or even less.
Kasie said that she expects some movement after the interviews for the other local programs, so I am guessing we should get an update sometime this month.. hopefully.
I’m praying and hoping too.