San Diego

Started by jordews
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

jordews

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This is kind of a random question. Me and a buddy of mine are planning on spending the summer in San Diego this coming up summer, and we were trying to find an apartment or something to sublet for the summer (Late may-Early August). I was wondering if any of you guys from San Diego or nearby might have a place or know of someone I could contact to find a place. Thanks.
Jordan
 
I would recommend staying in La Jolla if you can. That area is great. Ah San Diego, how I miss you so.
 
I've heard that La Jolla is extremely nice (if you're into the suburban beach thing), but extremely expensive.

Too bad housing is only guaranteed 1 year down there...
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi,

La Jolla is really nice if you can afford it, but you will pay ~ 1000-1500 a month for a nice place. Pacific Beach is great! Rent goes up in the summer, but it is still afordable. You can also look at our classifieds at signonsandiego.com. Another great place is Ocean Beach, if you can handle all the hippies that live there. It is really close to the beach, but cheaper than Pacific Beach. Good luck, and enjoy San Diego, it is possibly one of the best places on earth!! 😀
 
I would stay down in Mission Beach if I were you (that's where MTV had their beach house that one summer). All the college kids live down there and there's a lot more to do. La Jolla is a bit more pricey and conservative. BUT, it's really really nice! Anyway it goes, you can't go wrong. Other party/cheap places to live are Pacific Beach and Ocean Beach. Sorry though, I don't know anyone renting out their place. I'd call an agent to do a search for you.


Hope this helps
 
Dont stay in LaJolla. Its nice but pricey and dull at night. Stay in Pacific Beach, thats where all the young people are, they wont call the cops on you when your partys too loud. And you can stumble back to your house from the bars. Mission Beach is fun too but a few miles south of the "strip" (Garnet Ave.) where all the bars are. Ocean Beach is little less expensive and more hippie-ish but some good bars and beachs. All the honeys hang out in PB though esp. during the summer. If u can find someone with a UCSD PIN and PAC number you can login onto the offcampus housing part of ucsd.edu. Theres quite a bit of UCSD students that live there. BUt then again u have to live with dull (generalization of course) UCSD students.