You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2025-2026 UC San Diego
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
DrDolittle67
Full Member
+ IS II off of hold. Would anyone with an upcoming interview like to practice MMIs together?
Congrats!!! Is it okay to ask when you were put on hold and if you got off of it today?
TrendyKibbles
New Member
Got on December 5th, got off February 18th.Congrats!!! Is it okay to ask when you were put on hold and if you got off of it today?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
saybeyonceeee0423
Full Member
they straight ghosted me 😭 i’ve received so much love from the other UC schools i wonder what they think im missing for UCSD?
D
deleted1223922
Pre-II R after being placed on hold on 1/9 😭
greenglittergal
Full Member
does anyone know how they review pre-ii holds?
D
deleted1223922
Same! Got an ii to every UC except UCSD. I don’t know why ucsd didn’t want me…they straight ghosted me 😭 i’ve received so much love from the other UC schools i wonder what they think im missing for UCSD?
samePre-II R after being placed on hold on 1/9 😭
TheguythatdrivesEVs
Full Member
Pre II R after being on hold
+1 IS post-hold, pre-II R received at 11:30 AM PDT… Complete 07/19, Placed on hold 10/08, LM 82.90.
Does anyone know if ucsd is done sending interviews or when they're done interviewing
I believe 2/24Does anyone know if ucsd is done sending interviews or when they're done interviewing
Congrats! When is your interview scheduled for+1 IS post-hold, pre-II R received at 11:30 AM PDT… Complete 07/19, Placed on hold 10/08, LM 82.90.
me too which is why im wondering if we should still have hope or if its overhas anyone not received pre-II R yet... got put on hold in the fall - very very confused
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
saybeyonceeee0423
Full Member
right like i've just heard nothing at all... I thought I was a great fit!has anyone not received pre-II R yet... got put on hold in the fall - very very confused
best of luck to us!!! 🙂 but also i know better to think anything into this 😵💫🫠me too which is why im wondering if we should still have hope or if its over
Haha fair just best to assume it's over and be pleasantly surprised if good news comes our waybest of luck to us!!! 🙂 but also i know better to think anything into this 😵💫🫠
DrDolittle67
Full Member
I think their last day for interviews is 2/24.
pemingtons
Full Member
Does UCSD call or email first if you get accepted?
DoNotDryClean
New Member
MSTP A reported on CycleTracker and an A reported on admit.org this morning!!
pemingtons
Full Member
Any traditional MD As today?
DoNotDryClean
New Member
Does anyone know if UCSD releases MSTP As all at once or in waves? I saw 3 As reported but haven’t heard anything post-I
winnersunite
Full Member
Did they announce thisI think their last day for interviews is 2/24.
Not sure… I received a call on Friday around 1pm and an email on Tuesday. They didn’t give any indication of how decisions would roll out, but I interviewed Jan 28-29 if that helps!Does anyone know if UCSD releases MSTP As all at once or in waves? I saw 3 As reported but haven’t heard anything post-I
Edit: this is for MSTP
shakingcryingthrowingup
New Member
Does anyone know when we can expect to hear financial aid information? Do need-based and merit aid come out before major deadlines (e.g. April 15th)?
tarotheham
Full Member
I think I remember them saying it will release March, because they know it's something we need to consider to choose....but I'm not 100% sure on thatDoes anyone know when we can expect to hear financial aid information? Do need-based and merit aid come out before major deadlines (e.g. April 15th)?
They told us at interview dayDid they announce this
WoolCamber851
New Member
Hello, does anyone have any information on Post-II decisions? I interviewed in January and they told us decisions would come mid-Feb to early-March but still radio silence.
ETA: Main motivation for asking is that their second look weekend is now less than four weeks away and plane ticket prices to San Diego are not cheap 🙁
ETA: Main motivation for asking is that their second look weekend is now less than four weeks away and plane ticket prices to San Diego are not cheap 🙁
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
juggernaut25
Full Member
You should’ve been told a date, and it is likely also on your post-II email from the admissions office.Hello, does anyone have any information on Post-II decisions? I interviewed in January and they told us decisions would come mid-Feb to early-March but still radio silence.
ETA: Main motivation for asking is that their second look weekend is now less than four weeks away and plane ticket prices to San Diego are not cheap 🙁
WoolCamber851
New Member
Hi, thanks for the reply! I should have specified, I was an MSTP applicant so they never gave us a specific date for when decisions would be released.You should’ve been told a date, and it is likely also on your post-II email from the admissions office.
juggernaut25
Full Member
Oh my b. Didn’t know! Wishing the best for you.Hi, thanks for the reply! I should have specified, I was an MSTP applicant so they never gave us a specific date for when decisions would be released.
purple3081
Full Member
it’s not over til it’s over! does anyone know what waitlist movement looks like at ucsd? Also what does unranked waitlist mean?+1 IS WL 🙁 Interviewed on 2/18. Wishing the best of luck to those on the WL!
+1 IS WL. They accept 10-15% of a pretty huge waitlist, unfortunately odds aren’t great. Unranked means they don’t put applicants in order of likelihood of getting pulled off (at least publicly).it’s not over til it’s over! does anyone know what waitlist movement looks like at ucsd? Also what does unranked waitlist mean?
TrendyKibbles
New Member
+ 1 IS WL 🙁
randal'thor
Full Member
Hi, sorry if this has been asked before but for admitted applicants, I'm wondering what the Commit To Enroll (CTE) date is for UCSD? I was waitlisted back in December but just trying to plan which waitlists I should stay on. Can't find the info elsewhere.
motorproteina
New Member
+1 IS A! Interviewed 2/24
PsychicPsych
New Member
Hey, I was interviewed Jan 15th for MSTP, but I opted to MD-only at UCSD since I didn't get in. They asked me to make that decision by March 4th ish, and I let them know around Feb 28th. Do any MD/PhD->MD applicants get any response from UCSD yet? Or does anyone know about when the result might be out?
SurvivingPremedd
Full Member
Hi everyone,
I was wondering if anyone has received scholarship offers from UCSD yet? I’m not sure if they’ve started sending them out.
I was wondering if anyone has received scholarship offers from UCSD yet? I’m not sure if they’ve started sending them out.
Does anyone who interviewed in February see the UCSD alternate list in their CYMS tool?
icantwait2badoctor
New Member
I am currently on the WL, but have not heard anything in regard to update requests yet. I did notice something interesting though in my AMP portal the waitlist tab on the left hand side is no longer there. It was little buggy before and would log you out every time you clicked on it so I assume that they just removed the tab all together for some bug fixes? My AMCAS CYMS tool still states alternate list though. I hope we get some news soon, I am very curious how/when the WL will move.Has anyone on the waitlist received an email about submitted update letters/letters of interest? The portal says we should upload them in May but the initial waitlist email said we should hear from them in April about sending documents
Suchagoodpersonman
Full Member
same same lolI am currently on the WL, but have not heard anything in regard to update requests yet. I did notice something interesting though in my AMP portal the waitlist tab on the left hand side is no longer there. It was little buggy before and would log you out every time you clicked on it so I assume that they just removed the tab all together for some bug fixes? My AMCAS CYMS tool still states alternate list though. I hope we get some news soon, I am very curious how/when the WL will move.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
pemingtons
Full Member
Were any WL applicants invited to second look?
WestCoastMudkip
New Member
No, only accepted students were invited.Were any WL applicants invited to second look?
Is this forum primarily for discussion around applying? The description sounds like it's for more than that but the posts I've read suggest it's mainly an applicant discussion board.
I'm a former student, trying to find a current student who has not yet settled on their required research project...and... is interested in Alternative Medicine. Grateful if there is a better spot than this to join a discussion if someone can let me know.
Thank you!
I'm a former student, trying to find a current student who has not yet settled on their required research project...and... is interested in Alternative Medicine. Grateful if there is a better spot than this to join a discussion if someone can let me know.
Thank you!