WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Gosh, I didn't realize I was such a sketchy mod...I know that kaydubs likes to put in supremely sketchy villager abilities into her games. I remember one of the first games I ever played in was a kaydubs game and I was a villager who couldn't be night killed. It was sketchy as hell and I got lynched for it. I think she does it to encourage more discussion about a player up for lynch than just "that ability is ALWAYS wolfy".
It really isn't my intent.I could make it a tie right now by switching to cheez. Then someone else can flip to his vote, make it a 3 way. Go big or go home, right?
I think kaydubs might modkill us irlHow about if we tie it up on everybody except one person.
Just roll the dice that the final standing player is a villager.
I mean, it'd be an epic finish one way or the other.
I haven’t dropped it, still kicking around a theory in my head but I need another night phase to occur to see if it’s actually a viable theory.Hey @Melchizedek is there a reason why you dropped the whole extra kill attempt that didn't go through thing? I was just reminded of it while reading through meats' posts. Did you figure out why it didn't go through?
I haven’t dropped it, still kicking around a theory in my head but I need another night phase to occur to see if it’s actually a viable theory.
I know I railed hard against Snowy at the beginning of the day cycle, and I see why the votes are going that way, but if you’re on that wagon solely based on ability thief being a wolfish ability, the three times I have seen this ability (Age of the Gods, Little Mermaid, and Bar WW) it has been village all three times, so this is a poor reason to bandwagon this vote. If you have other reasons to be on there I’d love to hear them.
Oh I'm not on it for the ability. I thought there were sketchy things going on there long before I knew her ability. I don't like that she waited until after she would already have been lynched to defend yesterday either.I haven’t dropped it, still kicking around a theory in my head but I need another night phase to occur to see if it’s actually a viable theory.
I know I railed hard against Snowy at the beginning of the day cycle, and I see why the votes are going that way, but if you’re on that wagon solely based on ability thief being a wolfish ability, the three times I have seen this ability (Age of the Gods, Little Mermaid, and Bar WW) it has been village all three times, so this is a poor reason to bandwagon this vote. If you have other reasons to be on there I’d love to hear them.
Wellll you are also omitting something here. It would also probably make sense from a balance perspective to have a WOLF with a kill avoidance in certain set ups. Like, a village assassin with multiple shots. Or a chaos with a kill ability. Or a lone wolf.And it's at this point that I will point out that from a balance perspective, it makes sense for a villager to exist who could avoid a night kill in a game where there are options for extra kills (unless the extra kill you know about was by some abnormal mechanism).
I didn't say it was the strongest argument. Just something to consider on top of everything else. I phrased "abnormal mechanism" poorly - what i meant was something besides an additional wolf kill, like an assassin or lone wolf or whatever.Wellll you are also omitting something here. It would also probably make sense from a balance perspective to have a WOLF with a kill avoidance in certain set ups. Like, a village assassin with multiple shots. Or a chaos with a kill ability. Or a lone wolf.
Now, I would certainly hope that a village assassin wouldn't be taking someone out as early in the game as Mel was claiming there was an extra kill attempt, but I guess there is always a chance someone wasn't using that role very effectively.
Basically I think that argument is a little weak because there are multiple ways that could be balanced out on either side.
Yeah. I guess I just feel like you can't really have your cake and eat it too -- either you don't want to speculate/argue about whether an ability is village or wolf, or you do. Whether you're using "historical" affiliation or game balance, they're both kind of moot points imo because it can swing both ways.I didn't say it was the strongest argument. Just something to consider on top of everything else. I phrased "abnormal mechanism" poorly - what i meant was something besides an additional wolf kill, like an assassin or lone wolf or whatever.
Totes coming to murder all of you anyway. Watch your backI think kaydubs might modkill us irl

I mean, I don't really want to. I think looking at the balance of the game is more useful than just "well this ability is wolfy", but I still don't like to defend based on role or ability. Unfortunately that's part of the argument that's been given for my lynch so I can't really just ignore it.Yeah. I guess I just feel like you can't really have your cake and eat it too -- either you don't want to speculate/argue about whether an ability is village or wolf, or you do. Whether you're using "historical" affiliation or game balance, they're both kind of moot points imo because it can swing both ways.
Kill avoidance is meh, it can go either way. In a game this small, I can't see a wolf having a specific night kill avoidance, but perhaps a kill/lynch avoidance that works for either once. Bigger games, I'd buy it, but not this game.Wellll you are also omitting something here. It would also probably make sense from a balance perspective to have a WOLF with a kill avoidance in certain set ups. Like, a village assassin with multiple shots. Or a chaos with a kill ability. Or a lone wolf.
Now, I would certainly hope that a village assassin wouldn't be taking someone out as early in the game as Mel was claiming there was an extra kill attempt, but I guess there is always a chance someone wasn't using that role very effectively.
Basically I think that argument is a little weak because there are multiple ways that could be balanced out on either side.
Well, that was my abilityKill avoidance is meh, it can go either way. In a game this small, I can't see a wolf having a specific night kill avoidance, but perhaps a kill/lynch avoidance that works for either once. Bigger games, I'd buy it, but not this game.

I actually had no idea wtf was going on either. I had to pm the mod and asked. It’s possible I missed a page somewhere.Night was skipped. Pay attention pip!
I have been lynched as a villager with said ability. I was so angry about it too.I don't think I need to go back through the history of WW games to point out that death avoidance is fairly frequently a village ability, and one for which said villager almost always gets lynched because "it's a wolfy ability."
But hey, I needed a reason not to pay attention in class today.
Definitely 100% missed thisbut britz’s ability was a second kill if she successfully killed a certain person, right?
Definitely 100% missed thisbut britz’s ability was a second kill if she successfully killed a certain person, right?
Oh, also wanted to put out there that I’m still super sketched by Mel. Has anyone pointed out that he’s claiming there were 2 kill attempts, but britz’s ability was a second kill if she successfully killed a certain person, right? Not denying there could be another mechanism for 2 kills, but just putting that out there as something I noticed.
Lynch mel
I’ll catch up more after I get home and eat.

I don’t think the reward that Britzen got for killing that second person was ever mentioned.Definitely 100% missed this
I thought what Jil was getting at was that it would be a second kill by definition, because if she found him she could kill him. Of course that would be a one time success, but I've seen roles before where they attempt to kill people until they find the right target.I don’t think the reward that Britzen got for killing that second person was ever mentioned.
I don’t think the reward that Britzen got for killing that second person was ever mentioned.
This becauseI thought what Jil was getting at was that it would be a second kill by definition, because if she found him she could kill him. Of course that would be a one time success, but I've seen roles before where they attempt to kill people until they find the right target.
But...hmm. if it wasn't mentioned that it would be an additional kill and not just a reward for killing that role with the regular wolf kill, looks like maybe Jil accidentally let slip that she knows more than she should.
I promise I'm going to get my reads out but my internet is being garbage and doing it from my phone is no bueno.
Quick and dirty from most to least wolfy from what I've got so far is
Snowy
Cyndia
Jil
LIS
Meats
FS
MJ
Mel
AM
Pip
Sporty
Allie
genny
Dubz. For completeness 😉
At the risk of suicide I will unlynch snowy lynch jil
If it makes you feel any better that's the start of my neutral-leaning wolf category, it is incomplete because I haven't finished ISOing people, and I'm probably going to scrutinize you a little more than usual for a while due to being so thoroughly duped last game.Once again ...
... I can provide highly compelling evidence that I am not a wolf. (Well, an original wolf.)
Unless you want to argue that I'm a convert, you shouldn't be putting me so highly. Granted, I haven't provided it yet, and I won't unless people decide I should be lynched, so you'd just have to take my word for it up until then. But... just throwing that out there.
If it makes you feel any better that's the start of my neutral-leaning wolf category, it is incomplete because I haven't finished ISOing people, and I'm probably going to scrutinize you a little more than usual for a while due to being so thoroughly duped last game.
I'm always interested in an FS vote. Was just saying in my upcoming expanded reads post that I'm not comfy with the fact that he's going to be sparse the rest of the game, since I can never read him anyway.Hey @WildZoo ... you interested in an FS vote with me?
Ignore this, during my reread I just realized that's what kaydubs said about teep, not britzen.I think kaydubs just said that she would have gained an awesome ability.
Anyways I'm home and about to catch up.
How many votes does she have now? I thought she had like, one to start with.JFC people at least give her a chance to talk before you bandwagon her.
*********Brought to you by your maybe soon to be co-mod who will assist Kaydubs in her bloodthirstiness. Entertain us minions
She's got 3 votes total dude...from people who had already listed her in their suspicions previously. Not exactly a bandwagon.JFC people at least give her a chance to talk before you bandwagon her.
How many votes does she have now? I thought she had like, one to start with.
Bringing her up into tie range to pressure her is not "bandwagoning," so check yourself.
Sorry frayed nerves plus my usual level of paranoia is making me extra jumpyShe's got 3 votes total dude...from people who had already listed her in their suspicions previously. Not exactly a bandwagon.
Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.