This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

akj5192

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
!!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
This complicates an MD application significantly. AAMC recommends that we average multiple MCAT scores of this type.

Really? I was under the impression that they took the most recent. That sure does complicate things.....
Best option is to do a post-bacc I'm thinking.

Your a much better DO candidate. For DO schools you're already good to go without a post-bacc. A post-bacc isnt really going to help that MCAT record for MD schools and a 3rd MCAT attempt is more likely to just make things worse than better.

If MD is your end goal your best route may very well be an SMP at a program known for host unofficial linkage. The problem is these programs unofficial linkage to their host schools keeps declining every year(take a look at what's happened at EVMS for example). But for MD a program like this which is offered for example at RFU is probably your best bet. At RFU's BMS program which is their SMP the incoming SMP student has a 3.2/27. 130 start and about 60 will get into RFU's MD program. If you beat out the majority of the RFU SMP students youll probably get into RFU's MD program as an example. Easier said than done but that's probably your best bet here if you want to give MD the best shot you can. These programs are tricky though because you never know how many people they will take from their SMP program into their MD school and it can decline suddenly at any moment(this happened at Toledo recently). You really do have to go in with appropriate expectations.

But to answer your initial question you are the exact opposite of the type of candidate who should be considering ED.

Reactions: 1 users
Your a much better DO candidate. For DO schools you're already good to go without a post-bacc. A post-bacc isnt really going to help that MCAT record for MD schools and a 3rd MCAT attempt is more likely to just make things worse than better.

If MD is your end goal your best route may very well be an SMP at a program known for host unofficial linkage. The problem is these programs unofficial linkage to their host schools keeps declining every year(take a look at what's happened at EVMS for example). But for MD a program like this which is offered for example at RFU is probably your best bet. At RFU's BMS program which is their SMP the incoming SMP student has a 3.2/27. 130 start and about 60 will get into RFU's MD program. If you beat out the majority of the RFU SMP students youll probably get into RFU's MD program as an example. Easier said than done but that's probably your best bet here if you want to give MD the best shot you can. These programs are tricky though because you never know how many people they will take from their SMP program into their MD school and it can decline suddenly at any moment(this happened at Toledo recently). You really do have to go in with appropriate expectations.

But to answer your initial question you are the exact opposite of the type of candidate who should be considering ED.

Sorry, definitely new here. SMP.....??

Yeah I figured I wasn't the right candidate for ED. Thanks for the insight!

Also, my scores will expire by the time I want to apply. Would it really be looked down upon for writing 3 times if I've never applied before and my scores have expired? I'm not retaking it for the purpose of increasing my score.. it's more so because I HAVE to retake it. :/

Thanks!

I would focus on DO schools starting with MSU. You are circling the drain for MD even without the fact that you are an international