Smash Bros WW Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
:naughty: They like it when you go deep
Well glad it’s not bad too go too deep ;) hoping when RL catches up on the thread my random feels and possibly too deep read will go away.

Members don't see this ad.

You guys post way too much. I'll try to catch up but you've already posted 2 pages since I last checked so I've got around 9-10 pages to catch up on and if you keep posting at this rate, I'll not catch up and I'm not playing catch up on ww all day.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
why are we talking about conversion
200.gif

Reactions: 10 users
You guys post way too much. I'll try to catch up but you've already posted 2 pages since I last checked so I've got around 9-10 pages to catch up on and if you keep posting at this rate, I'll not catch up and I'm not playing catch up on ww all day.

I feel like the more that posted the easier it is to figure things out. All the low-posting games were losses.

Were you caught up last night or not since yesterday am?

Just moved into my new house in 114 degrees, I had no idea the game started so I'm catching up asap! Sorry for being MIA

Members don't see this ad :)
Lol. Give me a moment to read what I missed this morning and all of Kara’s PMs. She has lots of thoughts.

Well NOW I'm concerned because it has been two hours since the "give me a moment" statement.

Lynch RedBean

aBsoLuTELy

PLz cOnVerT mE cHAoS

Tap your slippers together 3 times and say "I wish I was chaos, I wish I was chaos, I wish I was chaos"

Reactions: 1 user
Unofficial DAY 2 LYNCH TALLY
Elfabeth (1) - Stagg
jboo (3) - Moose, PBC, Skimble
Fern/BBC (2) - AM, Pippy
PBC (1) - WZ
WZ (1) - jboo
bryndy (1) - Paws
RL/KB (1) - Coffee?

10/26
Deadline in 7 hours (10pm Eastern/9pm Central)

When I wolf, I maintain what seems to me :rolleyes: a subtle relationship with noobs: I call for their slaughter or I call to keep them, depending on what I need more, easy mis-lynch or the chaos distraction factor from their survival. It's hard to go wrong with using noobs this way.

When I am not a wolf, I tend to err on the side of not lynching them to a stupid degree. I like to wait until I feel like I have a legit reason to vote them since I don't want to ruin their game over typical noob mistakes, or give the wolves easy distraction and mislynch. Perhaps I believe that noob wolves are less of an overall threat, and that they will make a mistake that makes them relatively easy to finger as we play.

This is all my way of saying don't lynch the noobs just on principle or a throwaway vote. I find it sketchy.

Blah, blah, blah, quit evaluating yourself, you are making yourself look wolfy, especially doing this super early in the game like this.

A) more thank 2 sentences I quoted. B) I know you haven't played games recently where hydras have been super common and I've only played one game with you I think. So reasons I'm noting and not acting.

My first "explanation" was with the lynch vote. Every lynch vote should have an explanation behind it, regardless of who is posting the lynch vote.

The second "explanation" was after being directly asked "why".

I am sure the thread has moved past this but wouldn't to clarify this point, especially in regards to lynch votes having explanations.

Lynch elf because I don't know them.

To put in perspective, I've called out people voting noobs. To illustrate my point above somewhat, I will say that this is classic Coop. It's in her meta and I can't call it wolfy or otherwise.
I'm with Cray on this one, I saw Coop's opening vote and shrugged. It doesn't clear or condemn Elfabeth

@Stagg737 Hydras have been around for a very long time... But we didn't have them super often. I haven't played a game since December, so I'm assuming by this convo we are getting a lot more of them now?

Ninja'd by WZ
I'm finding it a little odd that of all the things that went on between her first vote and this post (DVMD v.s. Mixy; SAR being called sketchy; etc.) BBC chose to comment on hydras. :thinking:

lynch coffee

to add pressure and because I don't think Mixy is a good lynch.

Personally, I'm most suspicious of WildZoo at this time. I'm sort-of the opposite of jboo - I think one of the wolves got on the thread early to try and push opinion. It's weak, but out of the early leaders, cray and WildZoo were the ones whose logic I disagreed with most, and I think part of my read on Cray is posting style.

This feels weird wishy washy. Like if you're a wolf you could be like hey I was against it if she's village but be like hey I wasn't vouching if she's a wolf. Basically it's sets off all the feels.
Coops is referring to PBC. and leading up to this post Coops was sort of egging on Pippy's questioning of PBC. I'm just trying to figure out the wolf motivation to sit on a vote for Mixy that looked solid, and still push PBC. Smells a little like setting up early wolf-wolf interaction (between Coops and PBC)

Hmmm...do you want my indifference towards you to change? lol kidding Stagg, gimme some time to make my spreadsheet and then I'll give you my judgement
Soooooooo about that spreadsheet?

Reactions: 3 users
Not really though. Their response was that they'd have to keep writing styles and everything separate and when it was clarified there'd only be one poster they didn't respond. Their next post was a response to someone questioning them. Just seemed weird to me that there was no response to the clarification.

I wasn't overly concerned with DVMD voting for a hydra, it just seemed off to me that a veteran player would be confused about how a hydra works as I didn't realize hydras were new.

So, as people have stated hydras are technically a new thing.

Also, I didn't see the need to respond to "well only of them is posting" because my point still stands. You have two thought processes occurring via 1 player, regardless of how many of them are posting. I will post an explanation as to how this can be confusing to sort out.

Noting this. Ignoring that someone was directly asked to explain. Suspicious to ignore that.
Oy. I need to go back and add emojis to that post or something. I was being sarcastic. Thought the whole discussion of two vs four sentences was ridiculous, and thought it was silly to say you were overexplaining when you were answering a question.

This may be my first game, but I’ve read a lot of comments on sdn and I think I have a bit of a “feel” with what some of your personalities / writing styles are.

With that being said, DVMD is usually not succinct. When she says something she always shares her thoughts and feelings behind it. So to me, her explanation of being confused by our hydra seemed in character for her and not out of the ordinary. I don’t yet have a feel of SAR, but I do agree that it seemed fishy and she pounced on DVMD being easy pray.

Lynch SAR

This one is for @Stagg737

Above you can see RedLauren is stating that I am "not succinct" and how my post about hydras seems "in character".

This post alone from RedLauren pings about 123123342 red flags for me because I have NEVER played a game with her. Ever. So for her to post this confidently about how I play is odd.

However, I have played many a game with her "hydra partner" Kara, so how do I know Kara didn't explain this to RedLauren and RedLauren is posting it?

So from RedLauren this post is "off", however with the added complication of Kara "behind the scenes" the post isn't "off".

See now how hydras are much more complicated and difficult to evaluate?

Reactions: 3 users
Mixy does not seem wolfy to me, I don't know everything I read just seemed normal. Honestly after experiencing last game, all the veteran players pushing people towards certain people with "evidence" or "feels" on D1 makes me suspicious, and freaks me out lol. And there are more veteran players this game.I'm more on the boat of feeling meh about all the lynch choices right now and am going to try and dig deeper on what's been posted so far to see if anyone jumps out.
But I am in no ways an expert (total noob) but I want to be more active this go round since I have time and have a better handle on the game.

Wait, wait. You are going to read the thread to see if anything "jumps out" (ie gives you feels), just like what all the veteran players do that makes you suspicious? Hypocritical post is hypocritical (possibly unintentionally).

Is mix in the lead when this happened? This is kinda screaming overly defensive to me.

Noting this.

Side note: Going back through thread I do at this point know who was lynched, that outcome and who died last night as well as that outcome, so evaluation will be different than if I did not have that knowledge.

This stands out because Crayola really set this "overly defensive" mixy thing in motion and now coop is joining on at this point. Going to see how other posts play out, but does raise crayola up on my list at this current time.

Wait, wait. You are going to read the thread to see if anything "jumps out" (ie gives you feels), just like what all the veteran players do that makes you suspicious? Hypocritical post is hypocritical (possibly unintentionally).
I meant it more in the sense that it’s easier for me to just want to listen to the opinions of people who have played for awhile and think oh yeah that sounds like good logic, just bc of their experience. I realized I did that last game and wanted to try to be a better player. Bc unless I’m remembering wrong that led to mislynches and things. So I was just trying to avoid that, and the fact that there were a lot of veteran players did freak me out a little. I can see how you’d read it as hypocritical but that definitely wasn’t my intent of the post.

Been gone for hours since initial unlynch.

Oh noes!! Somebody left the ww thread for more than your desired time limit. The ww world is coming to an end.

If ANYONE posts again about someone not posting withing "x time frame" I will lynch them. Get over it, people aren't going to be around every damn second, heck some may be gone for hours or even a full day. Tough **** that is life.

Well NOW I'm concerned because it has been two hours since the "give me a moment" statement.

Lynch RedBean

Tap your slippers together 3 times and say "I wish I was chaos, I wish I was chaos, I wish I was chaos"
You’re lynching me solely based on me not being glued to my computer all day? Okay, but that seems a bit hasty.

I’ve been dealing with my sick cat all day, who I was worried could be potentially be blocked. I checked in when I had a moment to read things over then I just made the 2 hour drive back home to try and beat some bad weather. Sorry, life happened.

I am home now and will be in checking periodically

And addressing @DVMDream ’s concerns: I was talking about your posts outside of WW, which are usually lengthy and shows your insight. Example: see the Banfield debt forgiveness thread. This was clarified when someone (AM I think it was?) asked me shortly after if I had ever played with you.

Kara has been giving me her insight in the playing styles of other people. She’s explained that some are chattier, some are quieter, some are more passive and some dominate the discussion. As a noob I’m figuring out it can be a learning curve to read some people I haven’t had much interaction with before. And I’m also figuring out that game personalities can be different from how someone is outside of the game.

Lynch Coffee
Your hastiness to lynch me feels like an excuse to make me an easy target. And I’m confused by your weird comment about tasting something.

What would you like to know?

Sent from my SM-G900T using SDN mobile
You said that you wanted to hear more from Skimble, Allie, DVMD, Bryndy, and SAR. You've heard from DVMD, Skimble, and SAR. How do their new posts affect your position on them?

Oh noes!! Somebody left the ww thread for more than your desired time limit. The ww world is coming to an end.

If ANYONE posts again about someone not posting withing "x time frame" I will lynch them. Get over it, people aren't going to be around every damn second, heck some may be gone for hours or even a full day. Tough **** that is life.
This. And was why i questioned AM about that yesterday.

If we want to tout that being busy is NAI then you can't also turn around and vote for people soley because they aren't around when you want them to be. It's why we end up with a billion explanations about work and babysitting and driving and on and on and on.