StardeWW 2: Ginger Island - GAME THREAD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I was going to make a parsnip empire last game *grumble*

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
A vote for Clem is a vote for his uncooperative kid who won't record a YouTube short with him

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
How about threats?

Don’t vote me, and I’ll post a pic of me in a crop top.

cave_shorts.png

• Haha
  • Wow
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users
Rules and Participation Requirements

1. Most importantly: this is a game and is meant to be fun. Personal attacks will not be tolerated. Players resorting to personal attacks will be removed from gameplay without warning. NO EXCEPTIONS, AND NO SUBS FOR MODKILLED PLAYERS.
Examples of behavior we do not tolerate: name calling (e.g. “shorty is being a b****”), calling other players’ play poor/bad/subpar, or personal attacks ("shorty is an insufferable toddler"). Please note that calling someone a wolf or wolfy is not a personal attack.

2. Voting will close at 10 PM CDT (12 AM Mermaidland/11 PM EDT/8 PM PDT). Night will close at 10 AM CDT or earlier if all submissions are received. If we find that night closes are taking so long to process that we're opening the thread late, we may impose a cutoff time for action submissions 1-3 hours prior to official close.

3. Do not discuss the game outside of the thread or your role PM. Do not open PMs with other players. There may be mechanics for PMs in this game, but PMing willy-nilly is not allowed.

4. Players must make 10 content posts per 36 hour day cycle. Naked votes do not count as content posts. Players not meeting this requirement will receive a single warning; multiple infractions will result in death. This game is the result of many, many hours of collaboration. We have put a lot of work into it. Please actually play it.

5. Dead players: please keep your on-thread posts to a minimum, and if you do post, please do so in ******stars******. Please do not react to strategy posts in the game once you are dead. Same goes for sidecars, tots and subs - please do not react to strategy posts at all.

6. Ties will be resolved through mass execution.

7. Please do not quote, screenshot, or copy/paste from your mod PM. Please don’t fake quotes, screenshots, or copy/pastes from a mod PM either.

8. Editing posts is permitted, but do not delete them. Remember to unvote if you are changing your vote.

9. Votes must be formatted in bold or #########surrounded by octothorpes#########. Please make the mods’ lives easier by not hiding your vote in a wall of text. Please use the terms “vote” or “yeet” when placing your vote. In mayoral elections, please use the terms "vote" or "elect."

10. Do not discuss or share night results before the night write-up is posted. Strategizing between vote closing and write up is permitted, including for the person voted out. Discussing night results prior to write-up posting will get you whipped, and not in the good way.

11. If you require a sub due to unavoidable circumstances, please contact the mods in your role PM, and do not discuss it on the thread.

12. We frown upon the use of village code and angleshooting. It will not help you in this game. All it will do is annoy the mods, and we have twitchy trigger fingers.
Examples of what we consider village code or angleshooting:
"My role PM contains the phrase "vanilla beans are the best beans," does anyone else have that phrase?"
"All the wolves that flipped were creatures you find in the mines, so let's all role reveal and solve by role names".

This game, like other shorty games, is specifically designed so it cannot be solved that way. So don't do it. You won't be mod smited for it, but there are probably assumptions built into the game to punish it.

Also, there may be some differences in how your currency is noted in your role PMs depending on which mod sent it. $g and g are the same currency.

13. This game has the opportunity to buy and sell things. Please communicate your financial decisions in your role PM in the same manner you would submit night actions, e.g.:
N1: shorty dumps out the contents of her piggy bank and uses them to buy 3 real piggies. This game also has the opportunity to send people things in the mail; please submit these decisions similarly, e.g. N1: shorty sends a smol crocheted Sylveon to Dina.​

Game-Specific Mechanics

This game has some unusual mechanics in it. Some you'll discover along the way, but there are some rules around others that you should read. You really should read all the rules posts, but especially read this one, even if you are a self-proclaimed mechanics hater.

Farming

This is a game based on a game based on a game about farming. As such, you will have the opportunity to grow and sell crops and other products. Seeds and animals will be available for purchase after voting closes. There is an unlimited amount of each seed type and animal at the store. Animals cannot be purchased until you have purchased and built appropriate housing for them. A coop or barn can be purchased at the store; a coop will be ready to house birds the following night cycle. Barns are larger and take more time to build, and will be available for use 2 cycles after purchase. Seeds can be planted immediately after purchasing; e.g. you can submit a night action of N1: shorty purchases and plants 10 parsnips. Please submit your farming actions in your role PM during nights in the same format as you submit other night actions.

Unlike in Stardew Valley, Ginger Island is tropical and does not have seasons. You can plant any of the available seeds at any time and they will grow. Crops have different growing times, much like the real game; this will be listed alongside the description of the seed packet in the store. Crops will automatically harvest when they complete their growing time. NEW THIS YEAR: sometimes crops just fail to germinate effectively. The relative risk of failure for each crop will be included in its description in the store. You will have to decide what level of risk you are comfortable with.

When you sell crops, they are sold to the bank. You cannot sell crops to other players. You do not need to sell all of your harvest at a time if you want to hang onto some of it. However, you must specify prior to the harvest time for that crop if you are going to keep any of it and how many units you will be keeping.

NEW THIS YEAR:
FESTIVALS!! As in the game, there will be festivals at specific intervals (in this case, D2, D5, D8, (D11 if we get there). Festivals will come with a task, which may consist of solving a puzzle or something crops-based, like contributing a crop to a soup or creating a grange display of some of your best crops. Winning a festival will get you some reward(s) that will help you in the game.

Friendship Hearts

Once again, building friendships with other townspeople is an option in this game. NEW THIS YEAR: we very much learned from last year's mistakes in how we executed this :laugh:. To increase your friendship hearts with players, you can send them mail with your night actions. Please note that the postal service will not permit spamming: while you may send multiple things in the mail in any given night, you can only send a given individual ONE PIECE OF MAIL PER NIGHT. Please submit these actions in your role PM as you do all the other actions.

Friendships will slowly decay over time if they're not maintained, just like the real world. You'll find that as you raise the friendship hearts level through sending postcards, items, or a harvested crop, you will unlock different ways to build an alliance with that person.

The Store

There will be opportunities to purchase a limited number of items from the store each night, other than seeds and animals. Items are first-come, first-serve, and submissions must be made in your role PM to purchase them, e.g. "shorty buys the axe." You may only purchase ONE ITEM at a time in addition to things you need for farming (seeds, animals, fertilizer), and you will not be able to purchase another item until you have used or otherwise gotten rid of the one you had. NEW THIS YEAR: if you successfully purchase an item, it will be given to you at the end of that night cycle, rather than the following cycle. Prices in the store are not fixed and are subject to change with the strength of the economy.

Day 0 and Night 0

This game is starting in Day 0 to give everyone a night to get your farms started. Day 0 will be a mayoral election. NO NON-FARMING ACTIONS WILL OCCUR DURING N0, INCLUDING FACTIONAL ABILITIES. This cycle is purely for electing your mayor and getting your crops started so that you're ready for the festivals. There may be benefits for taking on a public service role.

This is a lot of information thrown at you all at once. Please do not hesitate to ask the mods for clarification in your role PMs if some of these mechanics are confusing.​

Festivals

Just like in the real Stardew Valley game, there are festivals you can participate in. Festival participation is not mandatory, but it is highly recommended. Festivals in this game do not occur in the chronological order of the game for some logistics reasons. We will not reveal what the prize(s) are ahead of time, but an idea of what the festivals entail is given below so you can prepare adequately. The schedule of festivals is as follows:

Day 2: Spirit's Eve Festival. In this celebration of Spooktober, you will need to be the fastest to solve a challenging logic teaser, with your answer submitted in your role PM.

Day 5: Luau. In this celebration of summer, which can happen at any time because it's a tropical island, the town comes together for a big potluck soup. You'll be contributing a harvested crop or animal product of your choice to the soup.

Day 8: Stardew Valley Fair. The fair brings together everyone to show off their best harvested crops from the year. Fair contestants must create a grange display of 5 of the crops they're proudest of. Your display can have repeats of the same crop or can be 5 unique things. Animal products are permitted in grange displays.

Day 11: Flower Dance.
The Flower Dance festival is most renowned for its tricky Easter egg hunt. Or is it an Easter egg hunt? One of those.

Festival winners will be announced on thread with lots of glory and fanfare. Prizes will not be publicly revealed by the mods, though winners may use their discretion in whether they want to share what their prize spoils were.​
Holy what the hell did I sign up for?

• Care
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users
Do I? That makes me very much not want to read them and just wing it
You don't have to but it'll likely bite you in the by midgame or sooner if you don't.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
Is this really the place to play a game. I always felt this was a forum to answer questions and discuss issues pertaining to the professional school applicant and/or recent graduate. I look at the other professions and see questions and concerns about their respective chosen profession. I look at the veterinary section and see I game playing. At the very least, this just doesn't look professional. I see children here who are not serious about their schooling. Online gaming is fine, but not here.

• Haha
  • Okay...
  • Hmm
Reactions: 10 users
Such are the treasures of a quiet life - D0 Mayoral Tally

1678822692879.png

AM (1) - Barky
Coop ()
Barky (3) - samac, miranda, AM
PSV (1) - Vis
samac (2) - Dubz, JJJ
miranda (1) - Coop

@Barkley13, you are in the lead!
8/19 voting
Missing: 11/19

Vote closes tomorrow, 3/15, at 10pm CDT (~31.25 hours).

• Love
Is this really the place to play a game. I always felt this was a forum to answer questions and discuss issues pertaining to the professional school applicant and/or recent graduate. I look at the other professions and see questions and concerns about their respective chosen profession. I look at the veterinary section and see I game playing. At the very least, this just doesn't look professional. I see children here who are not serious about their schooling. Online gaming is fine, but not here.
Please do not post in game threads if you are not playing. Thank you.

Reactions: 11 users
Is this really the place to talk about professional school. I always felt this was a forum to play WW and discuss issues pertaining to wolfhunting and/or modding. I look at the other players and see questions and concerns about their respective chosen vote. I look at this game thread and see a complaint about WW being 1 out of 50 threads. At the very least, this just doesn't look professional. I see a boomer here who is not serious about enjoying life. Being a stick in the mud is fine, but not here.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 15 users
Ok so the mechanics thing, we can buy things in the store such as seeds and fertilizer, I'm assuming similar to the game, we do not need fertilizer to grow seeds but instead it helps them grow faster?

Also friendship hearts... is there a reason to not send one to literally everyone one the list? If you have hearts with a woof does this matter?

• Hmm
Also friendship hearts... is there a reason to not send one to literally everyone one the list? If you have hearts with a woof does this matter?
I don't think so other than stuff like PGOs existing. That's a lot of conversations to maintain though.

• Hmm
  • Wow
HA this is funny, see the thing is as adults we can and do what we please in spaces that are entirely appropriate. You do not get to determine if this is appropriate or not. You calling adults children in fact make yourself seem wildly immature as a normal person would just let people do their thing without judgement. I wish you well in this profession because you do not seem like the type to do well in it.

Ok so the mechanics thing, we can buy things in the store such as seeds and fertilizer, I'm assuming similar to the game, we do not need fertilizer to grow seeds but instead it helps them grow faster?
Correct, seeds will grow without anything being done to them once planted, but there may be benefits to using various things on them.

If "mass execution" means a tied vote results in everyone included in the tie being eliminated, then I suggest we do that on purpose every single day phase (while its feasible). It was modus operandi in my original homesite (rateyourmusic) and a major town advantage.
Bruh didn’t village get screwed by a tie literally two games ago

• Care
  • Hmm
Reactions: 2 users
Ok boomer

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Ooooo this gonna be a good copypasta

• Haha
Though, with more thinking, the mechanic may be altered from last year so I'm not sure if it's still completely harmless to heart a wolf.

• Hmm
Hi hi just dropping in so I can get notifications, k back to my rabbit hole of potatots

• Care
No offense to @Barkley13 but I think barks is not the best choice for mayor because I think she's quite tough to read. I'd rather be more confident in the general read of the mayor.

• Care
  • Sad
Hi. Electing me as mayor is the best mechanical course of actions for reasons I will not disclose.

I will be waiting for your votes fellow villagers