***The Official Midwestern-Arizona Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not yet. I’ve been waiting for the whole evening without sleep.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Not yet. I’ve been waiting for the whole evening without sleep.

Wow!!! I couldn't do it, crashed around 4am-ish. Let's all stay positive guys. Remember, those D1's advised us to NOT freak out if we don't hear anything right away. I think we may have psyched ourselves up with all the "AADSAS portal updating at midnight" speculation. Just keep your fingers crossed and make sure you don't miss any phone calls!! :writer:

Wow!!! I couldn't do it, crashed around 4am-ish. Let's all stay positive guys. Remember, those D1's advised us to NOT freak out if we don't hear anything right away. I think we may have psyched ourselves up with all the "AADSAS portal updating at midnight" speculation. Just keep your fingers crossed and make sure you don't miss any phone calls!! :writer:
The info was not correct~I guess they will change their portal in 15min or so like last year.

Members don't see this ad :)
Looks like midwestern IL did it, wish AZ would follow up soon!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Looks like the portal updated! Accepted :)

Reactions: 1 user
Hi guys! Sit tight and just breathe! This will be a very long day for everyone. Last year my portal did not update until like 9:00-9:30 am if I remember correctly. Best wishes to everyone.

My portal has an accepted student checklist? Does everyone have this?

Hi guys! Sit tight and just breathe! This will be a very long day for everyone. Last year my portal did not update until like 9:00-9:30 am if I remember correctly. Best wishes to everyone.
EST or pst?

Everyone has the link, but if there are items listed within it, then I think that means you're accepted.

Yup, matriculation agreement and technical standards form are there with status "expected".

Members don't see this ad :)
I didn’t get that change. Probably didn’t get in. Sigh.

I thought I really nailed that interview and my stats were in line with what they wanted so no acceptance via portal is a bit aggravating :bored:

No change for me in the school's portal as well. I thought I did really bad in this interview. I'm going to take this as a rejection. Best of luck everyone :)

I thought I really nailed that interview and my stats were in line with what they wanted so no acceptance via portal is a bit aggravating :bored:
Me too. Let’s sit tight. Last year there were lots of ppl without portal change until they got the phone calls.

Maybe the updates are staggered throughout the day? Let's stay positive. I feel like they should just hit a button and everyone's portals should change at the same time, but who knows. I still have hope.

My portal has an accepted student checklist? Does everyone have this?
Yup, matriculation agreement and technical standards form are there with status "expected".

Screenshot 2017-12-01 at 6.56.15 AM.png

If you click on the Matriculation Agreement, it does give you the option to "Decline the Offer of Acceptance."

Omg....like just now....the checklist opened!

I haven't obtained the list/update either. I wish everyone the best of luck!

I just found that my portal change! Accepted!

Reactions: 3 users
Excuse my pre-emptive post, bc accepted! I love this school and was very impressed with everything they presented

I'm literally so excited!

Acceptance #3 via MWU Portal - I was only mildly excited about the other two. STOKED ABOUT MWU!

Congrats to everyone and anyone that hasn't heard back yet, stay strong. You'll hear something!

I'm in...!!!! :soexcited:

Does anyone know how they handle a missing pre-req, like Physiology? Do we just need to take that before matriculation? Omg so excited!!!

Hang in there if you haven't gotten accepted or if you don't get accepted today! I interviewed in November 2016 but didn't get accepted until May 1st, 2017. There are a LOT of people who get accepted and then drop to go somewhere else. Seats open up way more than I thought during the process so stay hopeful!! Congrats and good luck to everyone, I hope to see you all next year at MWU-CDMA, the best dental school in the world!!!

Reactions: 4 users
JUST GOT THE CALL 8:47 am AZ time. MWU portal changed with accepted checklist forms this morning around 7: 30 am. Good luck to everyone!!!

Just got the call! Was told to check my portal

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Does anyone know how they handle a missing pre-req, like Physiology? Do we just need to take that before matriculation? Omg so excited!!!
Yes we do. I have asked them they said we can take the prerequisites online or at community college. I am missing microbiology and anatomy.

Will make my deposit at MWU, my favorite dental school! Hope to see you guys next fall!

Reactions: 3 users
Yes we do. I have asked them they said we can take the prerequisites online or at community college. I am missing microbiology and anatomy.
Perfect, that's what I was hoping. There's lots of options online (just make sure it's accredited of course). Good luck to you and everyone else. What a blessed day!! :happy:

Perfect, that's what I was hoping. There's lots of options online (just make sure it's accredited of course). Good luck to you and everyone else. What a blessed day!! :happy:
Yep! No problem! Do you know where to take microbiology online?

Yep! No problem! Do you know where to take microbiology online?

Try Ocean County College. It's physically located in NJ, but they have distance learning/online courses. I just checked for Micro and they offer it online (4cr.) :)

Try Ocean County College. It's physically located in NJ, but they have distance learning/online courses. I just checked for Micro and they offer it online (4cr.) :)
That’s cool! I’ll take it. Thank you so much!

Should I be concerned that I haven't gotten a call, but my portal was already updated to show acceptance?

I'm wondering the same thing!
Same boat, here. I'm sure it's a lot for them to call 200+ people. I wouldn't be concerned. It's a [legal] offer made (albeit hopefully not in error). We may get calls later today or even next week. I'm just enjoying what I can see for now!!

Just got the call from MWU-AZ!! at 3:30pm est. Last name starts with a W and I am OOS. Not sure about the order in which they call people but, I thought for sure I would be at the end of the line. Beyond excited as this is my #1 school out of the 3 I had interviewed at. :biglove:
Portal update this morning (though it's kinda ambiguous), then phone call and email directly afterwards.

Just got the call from MWU-AZ!! at 3:30pm est. Last name starts with a W and I am OOS. Not sure about the order in which they call people but, I thought for sure I would be at the end of the line. Beyond excited as this is my #1 school out of the 3 I had interviewed at. :biglove:
Portal update this morning (though it's kinda ambiguous), then phone call and email directly afterwards.
Just got my call as well at 3:34pm EST. My last name starts with a T. So Happy! This school is world-class!

Got my call at 1:05pm pst, my last name starts with L. They also sent me an email!

Got my call during my run, so I to say I was breathless when I got it is literally true lol

Reactions: 2 users
Got my call at 1:05pm pst, my last name starts with L. They also sent me an email!
What emails did you guys get? My portal changed and I was on the plane so I had my call forwarded to my husband. He picked up and said I was accepted but still no email to be found. I'm over the moon on that ACCEPTED though!

what does the email say if you don't mind sharing? I never got one:|

what does the email say if you don't mind sharing? I never got one:|

The email was from a man in admissions and it starts off with a bold "Congratulations!" and then just tells me to access the portal and submit a deposit by January 1st, and talks about details relating to matriculation like sending the school your official transcripts and such. But my student portal does not allow me to have access to the forms it asks for and says to check back tomorrow probably when things calm down.

The email was from a man in admissions and it starts off with a bold "Congratulations!" and then just tells me to access the portal and submit a deposit by January 1st, and talks about details relating to matriculation like sending the school your official transcripts and such. But my student portal does not allow me to have access to the forms it asks for and says to check back tomorrow probably when things calm down.
Thanks for that! I've been traveling out of the country so feels a bit out of the loop. Definitely don't want to miss anything important since it's my number 1 school! Congrats to you as well!!

Status
Not open for further replies.