***The Official Midwestern-Arizona Class of 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read previously that MWU does not give out any (or many?) scholarships. Is this true?

The dean mentioned that during the first year there is a small number of small scholarships you can apply for. I asked if the application is open just for D1's. He said that it is open to all the dental classes. So ~560 students all desperate for money

Members don't see this ad.

Hey everyone, I was accepted into Midwestern and was wondering what scrubs I need to buy for fall? (color/brand?) Wanting to get them in advance! Thanks ahead of time!

You will be black scrubs.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey all I have a question. On the accepted checklist in the portal, does the status for all your pending documents say expected or pending?

Is anyone looking into the WICHE scholarships, or have any experience with it? Thanks!

Hey guys so I am struggling between midwestern and University of Washington... I need some advice because UW has the name however they are going through some problems rn, and I really liked the MWU program. Any recommendations?

Hey guys so I am struggling between midwestern and University of Washington... I need some advice because UW has the name however they are going through some problems rn, and I really liked the MWU program. Any recommendations?

I kind of feel you answered your own question in there. It’s going to be your life 24-7 for the next 4 years. But if you still feel the name is more important in the long run, then you may always wonder what if. It really depends on your personality most.

Reactions: 1 user
First of all congratulations to all that have been accepted to MWU-AZ! I have an interview coming up and was hoping to find out if it is open or closed file? Do you have any other info to prep. for the interview? Thanks!

Will be withdrawing my application. Had an interview set for February. Best of luck to everyone!

First of all congratulations to all that have been accepted to MWU-AZ! I have an interview coming up and was hoping to find out if it is open or closed file? Do you have any other info to prep. for the interview? Thanks!
My advice is to be really genuine. Be yourself! Don't come up with scripted answers. Know the school, and do plenty of research. Make sure you know words or phrases that you can use to describe yourself. I had a question where they asked me to say three descriptive terms that a friend would use to describe me. They asked a lot of ethical questions, like what would you do in your own practice if an employee wasn't doing the right thing, etc. Good luck!

Are there any current students that can speak on their on campus housing?

Is electricity expensive? Is it decent to live there vs off campus? Pros cons?

Members don't see this ad :)
My advice is to be really genuine. Be yourself! Don't come up with scripted answers. Know the school, and do plenty of research. Make sure you know words or phrases that you can use to describe yourself. I had a question where they asked me to say three descriptive terms that a friend would use to describe me. They asked a lot of ethical questions, like what would you do in your own practice if an employee wasn't doing the right thing, etc. Good luck!

Thanks so much for your response! Do you know if the interview is open or closed file?

Thanks so much for your response! Do you know if the interview is open or closed file?
I'm actually not sure. They had computers in front of them, and I couldn't tell if they were there just to read questions off of, or to secretly chat with each other, or if they had my info pulled up!

Hey all. I am not expecting my interview to either of the Midwestern's until March but what was the time frame between applying and getting an email for an interview, waitlist or rejection?

Edit*** Sorry, my phone didn't load some of the posts with the dates already. Thank you to those who posted your dates.

About a week and a half for me between 2ndary application and interview invite. Got invite on Sept. 11 but the next interview date was Jan 8. Got offered admission at the interview.

Awesome, thank you so much! Also one more thing, do you know if it is open or closed file?
It seemed like open file to me, but I could be wrong. They seemed to know my background before the interview started....

Interview #1
School: Midwestern - AZ
Notification date: 8/29
Method of notification: Checked portal manually.
Residency: CA
AADSAS mail-out date: 8/9
DAT Date: 8/7 - DAT Official: 8/23
Application complete date: 8/24
GPA (science, overall): 4.0, 3.86
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/21/22/23/QR15
Dates available OR your interview date: Th 12/13

Acceptance #2!!! I thought I bombed this interview. So happy to have the choice to attend here now!!!

I am currently facing the same dilemma with these two schools. Let me know your thoughts and if you find out anything else.

I’m still waiting to hear back from my interview. :)

Congrats to everybody who got accepted. This is my dream school, and I hope I hear back from them. I interviewed on 12/17. I’m out of state.

Has anybody out of state who interviewed post-December get an acceptance?

I’d really appreciate some tips. :)

Congrats to everybody who got accepted. This is my dream school, and I hope I hear back from them. I interviewed on 12/17. I’m out of state.

On the DAT boot camp Facebook page someone said got accepted on the spot! I’d definitely email them with some updates/show you’re still interested!

On the DAT boot camp Facebook page someone said got accepted on the spot! I’d definitely email them with some updates/show you’re still interested!

From my observation (and this is purely observation from forums) I seemed to notice that everyone that got in on the spot or the next day happened to be in-state. I think thats what Gunacaik is getting at. I might be wrong

From my observation (and this is purely observation from forums) I seemed to notice that everyone that got in on the spot or the next day happened to be in-state. I think thats what Gunacaik is getting at. I might be wrong

The person I was referring to was out of state :)

I also got in on the spot and I am out of state!

Does anyone know if there is a facebook page already for accepted students?

Yeah, my interview was in January. Out of state, offered acceptance.
Good luck!

I'm out of state and interviewed on 12/13. I got my acceptance last Friday on 1/11. I sent them an update with my unofficial transcript to show them the classes I completed and also updated my volunteer hours. Lastly, I gave them a projection of when I'll finish my final prerequisites. I sent that around the end of Dec.

Is anyone here planning on attending MWU-AZ without any kind of scholarship?

I am :) After doing some calculations the COA is pretty similar to out of state options for me if I budget well
Same here, especially with a family, the living expenses here are better than most other places that I applied to.

interviewed 1/18 and just put down the $200 deposit yesterday!! This will most likely be where I go! woot woot! I'm so excited to meet everyone (but not excited to pay the super expensive tuition...

interviewed 1/18 and just put down the $200 deposit yesterday!! This will most likely be where I go! woot woot! I'm so excited to meet everyone (but not excited to pay the super expensive tuition...

Did they tell you at the interview you were accepted?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Congrats! :D

Did they tell you at the interview you were accepted?

no it was through an email! actually the portal updated first and then I got the email. One of my friend got a call. :D

no it was through an email! actually the portal updated first and then I got the email. One of my friend got a call. :D

Awesome! How soon after was it?

Awesome! How soon after was it?

interviwed on 1/18, my portal was updated on the 23rd. 3 business days, very impressed. but it wasn't for everyone. Out of the 5 people that I kept in contact with, only 2 of us received the news. A 3rd person received notification by the end of the week. I haven't heard from the final 2.

interviwed on 1/18, my portal was updated on the 23rd. 3 business days, very impressed. but it wasn't for everyone. Out of the 5 people that I kept in contact with, only 2 of us received the news. A 3rd person received notification by the end of the week. I haven't heard from the final 2.

Okay that’s super helpful, thanks!

I have an interview on Monday! Any advice ?
pretty chill interview. 2 faculty and 1 student. for me, the two faculty members were like good cop bad cop. typical interview questions and a handful of dilemma questions but nothing extremely difficult. good luck!

Does anyone know if they send out rejections, if you havent gotten an email for a waitlist? interviewed 2 weeks ago

Does anyone know if they send out rejections, if you havent gotten an email for a waitlist? interviewed 2 weeks ago

Just interviewed yesterday. Really hope we hear back sooner than 2 weeks...have you checked your portal?

Does anyone know how often they meet and send acceptances?

Just got the email they’re officially done interviewing, so rejection without interview (was put on waitlist to interview at the end of June and never got off it lol)

Just got the email they’re officially done interviewing, so rejection without interview (was put on waitlist to interview at the end of June and never got off it lol)
Yeah at my interview Monday they said they will interview a few people next week that they've already invited and that's it. Sorry about the bad news!

Status
Not open for further replies.