***The Official Midwestern-Arizona Class of 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Has any masters students not from AZ that interviewed early April hear back from their interviews?

Members don't see this ad.

Has there been anyone accepted to MWU-AZ with a 3.01 BCP and 3.06 overall?
I would recommend doing the Midwestern-Az masters with those stats, if you are wanting to go to Midwestern. I had a 2.7 BCP, 3.4 overall, and 17AA before I did the masters. I made a 3.5 in the program and was accepted the day after my interview.

The masters is essentially a mock of the first year in dental school, and most masters students that matriculate into the dental program say that the masters was actually harder than their first year of dental. Which makes sense, everything is easier the second time around. With that being said, the admissions people at Midwestern realize how hard the program is and really pay attention to your masters GPA. So, your low BCP and overall GPA would essentially be forgotten and they would just look at your new masters GPA. Since the programs are so similar, they know if you can handle the masters, then you can handle dental school, regardless of your prior history. But this goes both ways...if you have a super high DAT and don't do well in the program, they won't accept you.

And if you have any doubts of that, just look at my horrible stats...clearly they only looked at my masters GPA and interview score when making their decision. So, if you don't get accepted anywhere this year, I would strongly recommend the masters for you. It is a new opportunity to be better applicant and prove your academic potential. It is VERY difficult though, so if that is the route you decide to go, be warned. But if you perform well, you will be rewarded! Best of luck to you!

I would recommend doing the Midwestern-Az masters with those stats, if you are wanting to go to Midwestern. I had a 2.7 BCP, 3.4 overall, and 17AA before I did the masters. I made a 3.5 in the program and was accepted the day after my interview.

The masters is essentially a mock of the first year in dental school, and most masters students that matriculate into the dental program say that the masters was actually harder than their first year of dental. Which makes sense, everything is easier the second time around. With that being said, the admissions people at Midwestern realize how hard the program is and really pay attention to your masters GPA. So, your low BCP and overall GPA would essentially be forgotten and they would just look at your new masters GPA. Since the programs are so similar, they know if you can handle the masters, then you can handle dental school, regardless of your prior history. But this goes both ways...if you have a super high DAT and don't do well in the program, they won't accept you.

And if you have any doubts of that, just look at my horrible stats...clearly they only looked at my masters GPA and interview score when making their decision. So, if you don't get accepted anywhere this year, I would strongly recommend the masters for you. It is a new opportunity to be better applicant and prove your academic potential. It is VERY difficult though, so if that is the route you decide to go, be warned. But if you perform well, you will be rewarded! Best of luck to you!
Can I get into Midwestern-IL with those stats? I mean 3.03 BCP and 3.05 overall with 19 AA?

Members don't see this ad :)
Your DAT should probably be higher with that GPA. People get in with a high DAT and low GPA combination, or a high GPA and low DAT combination, but it’s not common for both to be low and get an acceptance. A master’s degree works, but you’re limited in which schools regard you highly. Of course, this is a Midwestern thread, so in order to get into Midwestern a Midwestern masters is a great idea. If you want to go to any other dental school, it might not work the same way.
I did a post bacc so does that work???? My post bacc is 3.8

Midwestern-IL average AA is 19.3 and BCP gpa is 3.23

I was going off the 2017 file from ADEA which said average AA of 20.7 and average sGPA of 3.33. If it's changed, then it might be in your favor, but that doesn't go for all schools. You're probably better off making a separate Chance Me thread.

To everyone else, sorry if I hijacked the thread!

Last edited:
I was going off the 2017 file from ADEA which said average AA of 20.7 and average sGPA of 3.33. If it's changed, then it might be in your favor, but that doesn't go for all schools.

To everyone else, sorry if I hijacked the thread!
check this out for MWU-IL stats: College of Dental Medicine - Illinois
check out USC Herman Ostrow: Doctor of Dental Surgery DDS - Herman Ostrow School of Dentistry of USC
check out ASDOH class stats: https://www.atsu.edu/asdoh/pdfs/fact_sheet.pdf

btw I know ppl got accepted to Marquette with a 3.1 gpa without post bacc or masters but DAT is 20.

check this out for MWU-IL stats: College of Dental Medicine - Illinois
check out USC Herman Ostrow: Doctor of Dental Surgery DDS - Herman Ostrow School of Dentistry of USC
check out ASDOH class stats: https://www.atsu.edu/asdoh/pdfs/fact_sheet.pdf

btw I know ppl got accepted to Marquette with a 3.1 gpa without post bacc or masters but DAT is 20.

no offense, but then why are you asking here if you know people have been accepted with similar but unlikely stats? you're better off looking at these What Are My Chances? WAMC Dental

Reactions: 1 user
This question in the supplemental: "Do you currently have or will have earned a Bachelor’s Degree prior to matriculation in the dental program? If yes, please explain? “Save Answer” 1500 characters"
Isn't a bachelor's degree required? What are they expecting students to write with 1500 characters for that question?

This question in the supplemental: "Do you currently have or will have earned a Bachelor’s Degree prior to matriculation in the dental program? If yes, please explain? “Save Answer” 1500 characters"
Isn't a bachelor's degree required? What are they expecting students to write with 1500 characters for that question?

Yes the bachelor degree is required. I don’t think I wrote a whole essay for that. I think back then I just explained what the degree was (bachelor of .... in ... ), date awarded, and if you’re a double major you can talk more about why you chose to double major in the chosen fields

Yes the bachelor degree is required. I don’t think I wrote a whole essay for that. I think back then I just explained what the degree was (bachelor of .... in ... ), date awarded, and if you’re a double major you can talk more about why you chose to double major in the chosen fields

Also this thread is for the dental program, aren’t you applying to medical program?

hey, I just have a quick question for those were accepted to the program. Was you required to file Dean Evaluation form or similar thing anytime during the process? I research some school and see they require that after the acceptance. I just want to know more about the process. Also, what are the steps after being accepted? Thank you so much!

hey, I just have a quick question for those were accepted to the program. Was you required to file Dean Evaluation form or similar thing anytime during the process? I research some school and see they require that after the acceptance. I just want to know more about the process. Also, what are the steps after being accepted? Thank you so much!
Explain to me what a Dean's Evaluation form is?

MWU asks for a $200 deposit to hold your seat and a few agreements to sign. Everything was in the portal and you sign electronically.

Explain to me what a Dean's Evaluation form is?

MWU asks for a $200 deposit to hold your seat and a few agreements to sign. Everything was in the portal and you sign electronically.

It's about discipline things, like misconduct behavior in your undergrad. I'm not really sure what it should be about but I guess you authorize the dental school to access your school record.