***The Official Midwestern-Arizona Class of 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Do you guys know if the school takes a&p I and II or will I have to take anatomy alone

Members don't see this ad.

Is there a second deposit due soon?

Reactions: 1 users
Do you mind sharing some interview experience there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry, just saw this. Hopefully this isn't too late.
So the day started promptly around 7:30am with an introduction from Dr. Pashayan. He told us that they wanted to hear about who we were as people and not just reiterate our resume. Then we were transported to the dental building and the dean gave us a presentation. After that, we got a tour of the facilities with different faculty. Get ready to do some walking. We had lunch, then interviews. Beforehand, they gave us a paper that told us when we were going to be interviewed and who we were going to be interviewed by, which was nice so I didn't have to wait as much in anticipation. As other people have said, there are two faculty and one student interviewer. They ask the normal questions any interview would ask (tell me about yourself) as well as the sdn questions specific to this school (I suggest preparing for those questions, too!). The best advice that was given to me, and I know is easier said than done, is to relax and be myself. The staff are nice, but don't come unprepared. Be confident!

Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry, just saw this. Hopefully this isn't too late.
So the day started promptly around 7:30am with an introduction from Dr. Pashayan. He told us that they wanted to hear about who we were as people and not just reiterate our resume. Then we were transported to the dental building and the dean gave us a presentation. After that, we got a tour of the facilities with different faculty. Get ready to do some walking. We had lunch, then interviews. Beforehand, they gave us a paper that told us when we were going to be interviewed and who we were going to be interviewed by, which was nice so I didn't have to wait as much in anticipation. As other people have said, there are two faculty and one student interviewer. They ask the normal questions any interview would ask (tell me about yourself) as well as the sdn questions specific to this school (I suggest preparing for those questions, too!). The best advice that was given to me, and I know is easier said than done, is to relax and be myself. The staff are nice, but don't come unprepared. Be confident!

Thank you! That helps a lot and my interview is in 3 days so I have some time

Can anyone tell me the address of the building we meet at for the interview?

Can anyone tell me the address of the building we meet at for the interview?
You meet in the Barrel Student Center I building. It is located on the east side of the campus. If you look at the campus map on their website, it is marked as building 8a.

how long should it take for us to hear from them and what manner do they send out acceptances

how long should it take for us to hear from them and what manner do they send out acceptances

Right now they said the class is kinda full, so we have to wait until the beginning of March after everyone has decided where they want to go and maybe that open up some space

Reactions: 1 user
Is there a second deposit after we paid the first $200 deposit?

Interviewed on Tues, waitlisted today

Just received an alternate list email. They’re saying that the alternate list isn’t ranked? I’m a little confused about that, our interview scores don’t rank us on it?

Just received an alternate list email. They’re saying that the alternate list isn’t ranked? I’m a little confused about that, our interview scores don’t rank us on it?
I am also on the alternate list, from what I read in other threads, basically, a non-ranked waiting list means that the admissions team will re-evaluate all interviewed applicants when choosing someone off the waitlist. A ranked waiting list is basically when the admissions team already has a ranked waiting list that they choose from, so when someone drops a seat, they know exactly who gets the spot from the waitlist. So, from my understanding, the interview does play a role in your chance at getting in, however, they are going to re-evaluate you as a candidate compared to the others on the waitlist when choosing people to fill their seats. If I am getting this wrong than someone can correct me, but I believe this is how the process works. Hope this helps!

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you guys know if the school takes a&p I and II or will I have to take anatomy alone
I would call them and ask if the anatomy and physiology course you wanna take is accepted by the school. I know that some anatomy courses aren’t approved by schools, but I’m not sure which classes in particular or where at. I too would like to know this so I will probably call and find out.

Just declined my offer. I was accepted off the alternate list last Tuesday, so those on the alternate list expect some movement. I would definitely write a letter of intent, good luck everyone!

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
I really want to go to this school...I interviewed at the end of January and I am on the waitlist still. I am trying to write a letter of intent but not sure about what I'm supposed to write? I don't want to sound like I'm begging them to accept me either.

I really want to go to this school...I interviewed at the end of January and I am on the waitlist still. I am trying to write a letter of intent but not sure about what I'm supposed to write? I don't want to sound like I'm begging them to accept me either.
You should write a paragraph thanking them for placing you on the waitlist then a paragraph about what stood out to you about the school/interview, another paragraph why you might be a good fit for the school and an academic/professional update since your interview, if any.

Reactions: 2 users
Did anybody have an interview scheduled for March that got pushed back to May? (besides the masters students)

Did anyone else receive a program transfer invitation to be in their pharmacy program?

• Haha
I gave up my seat today, good luck to all still waiting!!
Interviewed 1/14 and was accepted at the end of my interview.

Reactions: 4 users
Hahah I wonder why they would try to even ask that?

Pharmacy is getting saturated and maybe their pharm school is not as popular? My guess is as good as yours lol but I have a friend who interviewed at the dental school and pharm school and she got accepted super fast to the pharm school

Accepted off the waitlist today, interview 02/26. Will definitely be accepting the offer. They said that we would've accepted me on the spot there but there wasn't an opening. This school has been my top school

Reactions: 8 users
Accepted off the waitlist today, interview 02/26. Will definitely be accepting the offer. They said that we would've accepted me on the spot there but there wasn't an opening. This school has been my top school

congrats!!

did you send them a letter of intent?

Has anyone had a virtual interview? I have mine April 6th and wanted to know how it went.

Does anyone know how many seats left are still open and how many more are they interviewing?
I don't know the exact answers to these questions, but I am a student at midwestern and have some information that might help!

This week, roughly 30 masters students are doing virtual online interviews. After that, I believe interviews are over. The masters people are always the last people to interview, because interviews are given out to them based off their fall and winter quarter grades in the program.

I don't know how many seats are still available, but I do know that every year the dental school holds spots for the masters students. So, the class might not be completely full, but those "open" seats remaining will soon be filled by the masters students after they interview this week. Every year a total of 15-25 masters students wind up getting accepted. About half of them are accepted after the interview and there rest are accepted off the alternate list throughout the spring and summer. So if you are on the alternate list and still haven't been accepted, you are now going to be competing with the masters students who get put on the alternate list when a spot opens up from now until class starts :/. Its, brutal.

If theres an acceptance checklist on the portal but no calls or emails yet, does that mean you're accepted?

If theres an acceptance checklist on the portal but no calls or emails yet, does that mean you're accepted?

Click on it. If you're accepted it should show you the documents, otherwise it'll say there's nothing available there

If there are any female interested in doing off campus housing at an apartment next to MWU and interested in having a roommate in a 2 bedroom/2 bathroom feel free to dm me!

Super sad but I’ve just withdrawn my seat - good luck to those on the alternate list!

P.S. For those who also withdrew after depositing, don’t forget to email them about getting half your deposit back!

Got a call about an hour ago from Dr. Pashayan and was offered a seat!! I'm an MA student that interviewed 4/9, good luck to all the MA/MBS students waiting to hear back!!

Got in off the waitlist today as well!! So so happy! Couldn’t ask for a better place to go to school!

Reactions: 2 users
Congrats everyone!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just gave up my seat there. Hope someone else gets it!

:soexcited:I just got an acceptance call! This was my first choice school so I am so hyped!!!

Hey everyone!! Im very excited to start dental school in August here. Me and two other guys who are also incoming D1’s are looking to get a 3 bed 2 bath apartment (~1500 sq ft) at San Lagos Apt Complex and would like to have one more roommate (4 ppl total) Reach out if youre interested! Thanks and stay safe

Has there been anyone accepted to MWU-AZ with a 3.01 BCP and 3.06 overall?