***The Official Midwestern-Arizona Class of 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Has anyone who interviewed and hasn't received an update concerning their status called the admissions office? Any idea when we will find out if we were waitlisted or rejected?
I believe if you get accepted they will call and e-mail you but if you are waitlisted or rejected then they will send a letter in the mail, but don't take me on that call them and confirm. best of luck.

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know (perhaps current students) what the school attire is while attending? Is it professional or scrubs? Or scrubs only certain days?
Thank you!

Does anyone know (perhaps current students) what the school attire is while attending? Is it professional or scrubs? Or scrubs only certain days?
Thank you!

Scrubs everyday!!!!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
There were a few key factors for why I ended up choosing this school - even with the cost difference.

The experience you're getting at Midwestern is unrivalled. You're not competing with specialty programs for interesting cases, you're not struggling to find patients. There's an abundance of opportunity and it's all dependent on what you choose to focus on. For example, you might place a couple implants by the time you graduate, or maybe you really like them and do closer to 20 or 30.

The faculty and atmosphere was another huge factor. The faculty never stop trying to help us, and just from the interview I knew I was walking into a family. They all want us to succeed - and that mentality extends into my classmates as well. We all share notes and the focus isn't competing for the top 10%, it's on learning the material and becoming better dentists.

The technology we're learning to use here is also a big plus if you plan on utilizing it in your career. From day 1 we started working hands on. We spend every Monday and Friday doing stuff in the sim lab and it's open outside of our class hours for anyone that wants to really improve their skills, but the time we're slotted for during the week is plenty to get by. They've also shaved down a lot of fluff material into about a fourth of what I hear it used to be in order to keep up with the new boards. The administration is actively listening to our feedback and working to make sure we have what we need and that our curriculum is up to date and applicable.

At the end of the day, I couldn't find any downside besides the cost of attendance and I've loved every moment of being here so far. Hope this helps!
Corbin, i supposed you are one of my daughter class mate. All your comments absolutely corrects i am not a students here (my daughter is) , living conditions at MWU is the best and relatively affordable and safe one of the factors as a parents (who paid for it) concern the most.
Congratulations to all of you got accepted, this is the best school as far as Curriculum, facilities, lab and accommodation. You won't regret it. Just have to put up with 120 degree heat during summer, but for the first year and second year you will have summer vacation, so it won't matter for the first 2 years.

ps. Corbin forgot to mention that all facilities are availble and open 24 hours as long as you have students ID, i've seen my daughter spent countless hours sturdy at cafeteria, library, club house, work out at the gyms for some night before the quiz and test she sturdy all night at cafeteria with a group, and when she have time she would come to the sim lab at 10pm to hand practice of waxing.. etc. security patrol 24 hours very safe, when i come visit her once a month i stay with her in her apartment no need to rent the hotel room. Save lot of money, but i agreed with Corbin they don't have specialty program so you will learn alot of general dentist so once you guaduated you will have a good knowledge and working right away rather than being specialty.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I received a post-December 2nd interview invite and received an offer basically on the same day! For those who are accepted, how long did it take for you to receive an email with further instructions? Only updates I have is "Offer Made" is updated on AADSAS and I now have access to the accepted student checklist.

ecember 2nd interview invite and received an offer basically on the same day! For those who are accepted, how long did it take for you to receive an email with further instructions? Only updates I have is "Offer Made" is updated on AADSAS and I now have access to the accepte
They called me the following day.

There were a few key factors for why I ended up choosing this school - even with the cost difference.

The experience you're getting at Midwestern is unrivalled. You're not competing with specialty programs for interesting cases, you're not struggling to find patients. There's an abundance of opportunity and it's all dependent on what you choose to focus on. For example, you might place a couple implants by the time you graduate, or maybe you really like them and do closer to 20 or 30.

The faculty and atmosphere was another huge factor. The faculty never stop trying to help us, and just from the interview I knew I was walking into a family. They all want us to succeed - and that mentality extends into my classmates as well. We all share notes and the focus isn't competing for the top 10%, it's on learning the material and becoming better dentists.

The technology we're learning to use here is also a big plus if you plan on utilizing it in your career. From day 1 we started working hands on. We spend every Monday and Friday doing stuff in the sim lab and it's open outside of our class hours for anyone that wants to really improve their skills, but the time we're slotted for during the week is plenty to get by. They've also shaved down a lot of fluff material into about a fourth of what I hear it used to be in order to keep up with the new boards. The administration is actively listening to our feedback and working to make sure we have what we need and that our curriculum is up to date and applicable.

At the end of the day, I couldn't find any downside besides the cost of attendance and I've loved every moment of being here so far. Hope this helps!

Corbin, Thank you for this!

I was curious, is there a high success rate for students matching into specialty programs for the few that want to specialize? I am open to it, and from my reasoning, I feel that having more hands on experience at a school without specialty programs would provide more opportunity for doing ore complex cases.. Wouldn't this only help those who want to specialize?

I received a post-December 2nd interview invite and received an offer basically on the same day! For those who are accepted, how long did it take for you to receive an email with further instructions? Only updates I have is "Offer Made" is updated on AADSAS and I now have access to the accepted student checklist.
I believe after a day or two after the acceptance, they send an email acceptance. THen a few days after that, you receive an email from Certiphi for a background check I believe. The acceptance email also mentioned acceptance packages should be sent by early this week!

Does anybody know what the MWU student discount is on nearby apartments? They provided us a list during our interview of apartments that accept the student discounts, but I'm just curious as to how much it actually is.

Members don't see this ad :)
Im still waitlisted for an interview since september, and today i received an email from the Pharmacy school at Midwestern. What does that mean?

Does anyone recall from the financial aid presentation how scholarships are awarded? As of right now their website is down....

I vaguely remember them saying scholarships are only available for *current* students and requires a formal application (in other words, they *do not* automatically award scholarships in your acceptance call/email). Can anyone confirm or deny this?

Last edited:
Im still waitlisted for an interview since september, and today i received an email from the Pharmacy school at Midwestern. What does that mean?
Means they sent you a friendly decline (deference) for their dental program. I know a few others that got declined this way too.

Randomly logged on to the MWU portal to find out I received an interview invite. Once scheduled, I received a confirmation email but nothing prior. AADSAS still says "None".

Means they sent you a friendly decline (deference) for their dental program. I know a few others that got declined this way too.
Are you sure about this??? The email was very vague and my AADSAS still says “received/under review” I’m thinking of sending a letter of interest.. or do you think it’s completely pointless if they might have rejected me?

Are you sure about this??? The email was very vague and my AADSAS still says “received/under review” I’m thinking of sending a letter of interest.. or do you think it’s completely pointless if they might have rejected me?
It specifically states in the email that you did not make the cut or something like that. Two of my friends received the same email and it said something in the beginning with how they didn’t make it the cut for admissions for the dental school. Read the first paragraph, it should say it.

I called them for you. They said that those emails are sent out to those who have yet to receive an interview. It is NOT a rejection letter. It simply means that they are unsure if they will be sending out any more interview invites. You are still in the applicant pool should they decide to send out further interview invites. Send a letter of interest as it could potentially improve your chances.

I called them for you. They said that those emails are sent out to those who have yet to receive an interview. It is NOT a rejection letter. It simply means that they are unsure if they will be sending out any more interview invites. You are still in the applicant pool should they decide to send out further interview invites. Send a letter of interest as it could potentially improve your chances.
(This is the email he’s talking about)
Hello!
This year you applied to our College of Dental Medicine – Arizona but unfortunately your application did not advance through the process as you had originally planned. With that in mind, we would like to help you consider another option to help further your academic goals at Midwestern University (MWU). If you consider yourself dependable, conscientious, good with details, collaborative, ethical, and willing to serve; the profession of pharmacy may be a great option for you! While we still encourage you to pursue your first-choice program we want you to know there are alternative ways to become the health care provider you desire to be.

(This is the email he’s talking about)
Hello!
This year you applied to our College of Dental Medicine – Arizona but unfortunately your application did not advance through the process as you had originally planned. With that in mind, we would like to help you consider another option to help further your academic goals at Midwestern University (MWU). If you consider yourself dependable, conscientious, good with details, collaborative, ethical, and willing to serve; the profession of pharmacy may be a great option for you! While we still encourage you to pursue your first-choice program we want you to know there are alternative ways to become the health care provider you desire to be.
That's the email I was referring to.

How is that not a rejection email? It literally says “your application did not advance through” lmao
Like I said, the admissions member I spoke to stated that everyone who has not received an interview will receive this email. They may still invite people for interviews but as of today, their interview dates are booked, hence the email.

Wow!! Thanks so much for calling, I think I'll go ahead and reach out to them with a letter of interest! "unfortunately your application did not advance through the process as you had originally planned." is a vague statement so I'm glad to have clarification that it is not an official rejection!

Wow!! Thanks so much for calling, I think I'll go ahead and reach out to them with a letter of interest! "unfortunately your application did not advance through the process as you had originally planned." is a vague statement so I'm glad to have clarification that it is not an official rejection!
No problem! That statement could be interpreted in multiple ways. To me it basically says that “since you haven’t interviewed yet, we thought you’d be interested in..”

Also, how many people are they converting over to pharmacy from dentistry? Seems odd to me.

Reactions: 2 users
No problem! That statement could be interpreted in multiple ways. To me it basically says that “since you haven’t interviewed yet, we thought you’d be interested in..”

Also, how many people are they converting over to pharmacy from dentistry? Seems odd to me.
I agree, that's actually what I interpreted it as until I came on here lol! I'm guessing that they probably send that email to all their other program applicants and not just specifically the dental ones but it still is very odd to suggest people switch their career goals...

I agree, that's actually what I interpreted it as until I came on here lol! I'm guessing that they probably send that email to all their other program applicants and not just specifically the dental ones but it still is very odd to suggest people switch their career goals...
Maybe it's a test? If they show interest in pharmacy then they're automatically removed from the dental program :unsure:

This may be a silly question...but for those who paid the deposit and received an email containing your [email protected] email address - have you been able to sign in to Office 365/Outlook account? The same email also states "All further email communication will be via your new Midwestern address" however, there were zero instructions and I have been unable to sign in. When I try to reset the password, it says "You can't reset your own password because password reset isn’t available with your organization’s license." Clicking on "MWU Office 365 Email" from the portal also did not help.

Am I missing something? Or is email access available once the program starts?

Last edited:
Maybe it's a test? If they show interest in pharmacy then they're automatically removed from the dental program :unsure:
Or maybe they are just trying to get more money from you by having you apply to and possibly go to their pharmacy school since they already filled up their dental school and have a harder time filling the pharmacy school. Honestly, I find it to be a huge red flag that they may not have your best interests in mind.

This may be a silly question...but for those who paid the deposit and received an email containing your [email protected] email address - have you been able to sign in to Office 365/Outlook account? The same email also states "All further email communication will be via your new Midwestern address" however, there were zero instructions and I have been unable to sign in. When I try to reset the password, it says "You can't reset your own password because password reset isn’t available with your organization’s license." Clicking on "MWU Office 365 Email" from the portal also did not help.

Am I missing something? Or is email access available once the program starts?
Your school email is set up once you pay the deposit. Another way you might be able to get into your email is to log into the portal, and under Resources, click on MWU Gmail.

If you're still having trouble, email IT here: [email protected] or after Jan 2nd you can call them at (623) 572-3388.

Just gave up my seat here. Good luck to whoever is next in line!

Any tips for interview? what kind of questions do they ask? thanks!

Any tips for interview? what kind of questions do they ask? thanks!

Be yourself, be courteous, take a second to think about your answer if you need to. Smile, be awesome :) you got this!

Anyone with post dec interview, When did you guys hear back from midwestern?

Just got the rejection email this morning. No interview but was on interview waitlist for a long time. Good luck ya'll!

Invited to Interview. I will be turning it down though. Good luck to everyone else.

I interviewed way back in September and got a letter in December saying I was on something like an alternate list. I haven’t heard anything since. Because they are Currently pulling people off the waitlist to do more interviews and accepting or rejecting them within 2-3 days I assume that basically means I’m rejected. Is that a correct assumption?

I interviewed way back in September and got a letter in December saying I was on something like an alternate list. I haven’t heard anything since. Because they are Currently pulling people off the waitlist to do more interviews and accepting or rejecting them within 2-3 days I assume that basically means I’m rejected. Is that a correct assumption?
No, it means exactly what it says. Alternate list.

so for the post-december accepted people, you guys either got your acceptance the day of or a couple days after right?

Just interviewed today. They said we should hear back within 2-3 days by email.

Do you mind sharing some interview experience there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just canceled my interview on Feb 27. Good luck everyone!