You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
***The Official Midwestern-Illinois Class of 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread***
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
futureDDS_19
Full Member
Mine also says noneIs anyone's application status updated on AADASS website? I submitted my secondary months ago and the status still says none.
That's okay! Thank you for the reply! I am getting anxious as I have not heard back from any schools yet so I'll do my best to stay patient.Hey sorry about the late reply. They have not sent out all of them yet. they tend to send the last of them in mid october
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi , congrats on your interview. When did you submitted your secondary ?I just got an interview invite this morning. Most interview dates are the first week of November (which is my baby's due date so I will be waiting until a later November or December interview. Good luck everyone.
Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
My secondary was submitted on June 25th.Hi , congrats on your interview. When did you submitted your secondary ?
Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
DATdentalkid
Full Member
Congrats!! On both the interview and your baby!I just got an interview invite this morning. Most interview dates are the first week of November (which is my baby's due date so I will be waiting until a later November or December interview. Good luck everyone.
Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Interview #5
School: Midwestern University-Illinois
Notification date: 10/1/2018
Method of notification: Email
Residency: MI
AADSAS mail-out date: 07/22/2018
GPA (science, overall): 3.71, 3.81
DAT (AA/TS/BIO/GC/OC/RC/QR): 21/21/20/24/22/21/20
Interview Date: November 6th
I don't have the most recent ADEA Dental School Guide, but does anyone know what percent of those interviewed (OOS) get accepted?
School: Midwestern University-Illinois
Notification date: 10/1/2018
Method of notification: Email
Residency: MI
AADSAS mail-out date: 07/22/2018
GPA (science, overall): 3.71, 3.81
DAT (AA/TS/BIO/GC/OC/RC/QR): 21/21/20/24/22/21/20
Interview Date: November 6th
I don't have the most recent ADEA Dental School Guide, but does anyone know what percent of those interviewed (OOS) get accepted?
Out of 298 OOS interviews, 220 were accepted. So a 73.8% chance of acceptanceInterview #5
School: Midwestern University-Illinois
Notification date: 10/1/2018
Method of notification: Email
Residency: MI
AADSAS mail-out date: 07/22/2018
GPA (science, overall): 3.71, 3.81
DAT (AA/TS/BIO/GC/OC/RC/QR): 21/21/20/24/22/21/20
Interview Date: November 6th
I don't have the most recent ADEA Dental School Guide, but does anyone know what percent of those interviewed (OOS) get accepted?
Midwestern is private and they dont have a preference for I state so far as I understand.Interview #5
School: Midwestern University-Illinois
Notification date: 10/1/2018
Method of notification: Email
Residency: MI
AADSAS mail-out date: 07/22/2018
GPA (science, overall): 3.71, 3.81
DAT (AA/TS/BIO/GC/OC/RC/QR): 21/21/20/24/22/21/20
Interview Date: November 6th
I don't have the most recent ADEA Dental School Guide, but does anyone know what percent of those interviewed (OOS) get accepted?
Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
mine is on Nov 6th too! 🙂Interview #5
School: Midwestern University-Illinois
Notification date: 10/1/2018
Method of notification: Email
Residency: MI
AADSAS mail-out date: 07/22/2018
GPA (science, overall): 3.71, 3.81
DAT (AA/TS/BIO/GC/OC/RC/QR): 21/21/20/24/22/21/20
Interview Date: November 6th
I don't have the most recent ADEA Dental School Guide, but does anyone know what percent of those interviewed (OOS) get accepted?
Interview # 3
Notification date: 10/4/18
Method of notification: Email
Residency: CA
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/25/18
Application complete date: 8/9/18
GPA (science, overall): 3.18, 3.32
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/18/20/30/None
Interview date: 11/8/18
Notification date: 10/4/18
Method of notification: Email
Residency: CA
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/25/18
Application complete date: 8/9/18
GPA (science, overall): 3.18, 3.32
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/18/20/30/None
Interview date: 11/8/18
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks for the heads up, just rescheduled my interview to December 6th!Just picked my date. I will be there December 6th. 🙂 still a couple November slots open. This was the first December slot they had.
Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
So I haven't done an MMI interview before... is it like one question per interviewer or is it like a mini interview session? I'm guessing more like the latter
What? Does that mean no interview for you?Lol well I just got an email from Midwestern saying they revoked my interview because I rescheduled it to post December
How odd....
It isn't MMI. At my interview day we all thought it was MMI, but right away they told us they had stopped doing that format. It was actually one 30 minute interview (or 20 minutes, I can't remember) with 2 faculty and 1 student.So I haven't done an MMI interview before... is it like one question per interviewer or is it like a mini interview session? I'm guessing more like the latter
Sent from my SM-G950U using SDN mobile
Yup, hopefully my experience will prevent someone else from having their interview revoked! It sucks, but thankfully I have plenty of other interviews to fall back onWhat? Does that mean no interview for you?
How odd....
Maybe they took it as you saying that you expected acceptances from other schools on December 3rd, so they weren't a priority? Like you were not going to spend the money to interview there unless you don't get other offers?Yup, hopefully my experience will prevent someone else from having their interview revoked! It sucks, but thankfully I have plenty of other interviews to fall back on
It's still pretty strange....and I'm glad you have other interviews! Good luck to you 🙂
egglover123
New Member
i haven't heard anything at all not even a continued review email and my application has been complete since early August. Should I email them? Is this a concern? Or do they not send continued review emails?
After I completed the secondary and got that email. I didn't hear anything back until I got the interview email.i haven't heard anything at all not even a continued review email and my application has been complete since early August. Should I email them? Is this a concern? Or do they not send continued review emails?
Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
egglover123
New Member
After I completed the secondary and got that email. I didn't hear anything back until I got the interview email.
Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
so you literally only received the supplementary email and that's it?
Yeah I got the thank you for completing your application on June 23rd and then the next email was the one inviting me for an interview a few weeks ago.so you literally only received the supplementary email and that's it?
Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
dont worry about it. I got my email on December 8 for a January interview. that was my first time hearing from them since i applied in late June. You shouldn't worry about it. Best of luck.i haven't heard anything at all not even a continued review email and my application has been complete since early August. Should I email them? Is this a concern? Or do they not send continued review emails?
egglover123
New Member
Thank you for your reassuring words! I have only heard back from 1/9 schools that I have applied to.. it is getting quite discouraging but I know with patience great things come! THANK YOU 🙂dont worry about it. I got my email on December 8 for a January interview. that was my first time hearing from them since i applied in late June. You shouldn't worry about it. Best of luck.
Where are you interviewing and what are your stats (if you don't mind sharing them)?Thank you for your reassuring words! I have only heard back from 1/9 schools that I have applied to.. it is getting quite discouraging but I know with patience great things come! THANK YOU 🙂
I'm still anxiously waiting to hear back from here too!!
Hope your one interview went or goes well for you 🙂
So apparently they no longer have MMI here! Can anyone who's interviewed here for this current application cycle confirm? I heard with the new dean, the interview format has also changed to a a panel, traditional type interview, basically identical to how the interviews at MWU-AZ are. The new dean at MWU-IL apparently was previously the dean of MWU-AZ so a lot of the changes at MWU-IL are making it more like the MWU-AZ campus
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I can confirm that it's not MMI. It's 2 faculty, 1 student, and you in the room for one 20 or 30 min interview. It was closed file. They had access to personal statement and other info, but not grades or scores.So apparently they no longer have MMI here! Can anyone who's interviewed here for this current application cycle confirm? I heard with the new dean, the interview format has also changed to a a panel, traditional type interview, basically identical to how the interviews at MWU-AZ are. The new dean at MWU-IL apparently was previously the dean of MWU-AZ so a lot of the changes at MWU-IL are making it more like the MWU-AZ campus
Sent from my SM-G950U using SDN mobile
Interview number 5.
KS resident
3.2/21 sgpa/AAandTS
They had a slot open for the 25th, but it was too short notice. Scheduled for dec 6th.
KS resident
3.2/21 sgpa/AAandTS
They had a slot open for the 25th, but it was too short notice. Scheduled for dec 6th.
Hopefully you don't mean October 25th (tomorrow).....that would be short noticeInterview number 5.
KS resident
3.2/21 sgpa/AAandTS
They had a slot open for the 25th, but it was too short notice. Scheduled for dec 6th.

And congrats on the interview!!!
Haha I saw the email yesterday and it did have an option for october 25th!! I actually considered it but tickets were double than what they normally would be. Thank you though!!Hopefully you don't mean October 25th (tomorrow).....that would be short notice
And congrats on the interview!!!
I received an interview invite for here and I'm super excited about it!!
Can anyone who has interviewed here post their experience and give some insight into what to expect that day?
Thanks! 🙂
Can anyone who has interviewed here post their experience and give some insight into what to expect that day?
Thanks! 🙂
The interview is NOT MMI. It is a traditional interview with 2 faculty members and a student. One of the 2 people interviewing us was actually with us earlier in the day giving short presentations and whatnot. The students in the interview panel will sit with you during lunch to answer any questions prior to the actual interview.
I had the choice of two different dates and chose December 13th (I think the other date was one week earlier on the 6th, but can't be sure now....I do know it was the week prior to when I chose to interview). But there were no pre-December dates offered.Anyone know what their November interview dates are for MWU-IL? Asking for a friend, I didn't apply here. Thanks!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you so much for the reply and information!!The interview is NOT MMI. It is a traditional interview with 2 faculty members and a student. One of the 2 people interviewing us was actually with us earlier in the day giving short presentations and whatnot. The students in the interview panel will sit with you during lunch to answer any questions prior to the actual interview.
Does anyone know if accepted when classes start if its in August or September or early summer? I just realized I have not taken anatomy which might have to be taken in winter if they start during spring.
Also anyone else interviewing on November 15th?
Also anyone else interviewing on November 15th?
Last edited:
Received an interview today for MWU-IL, scheduled Dec 13, only date they had available.
Did any of you encounter this? I already paid the fee along with the secondary app in late October and today I checked the mail, I have this mail from them. At first, I thought it was a rejection since it is sent on paper, but then it turned out it was a reminder to pay the fee, but I already did and got a confirmation as well.
They already sent me the dean welcome email like 5 days ago. So, I don't know, should I contact them? The mail is like 10 days ago, but I just checked my mail today lol.
They already sent me the dean welcome email like 5 days ago. So, I don't know, should I contact them? The mail is like 10 days ago, but I just checked my mail today lol.
Hey guys. I'm a D3. If you have any questions feel free to ask. I can't guarantee that I'll respond quickly. Good luck.
Hey guys. I'm a D3. If you have any questions feel free to ask. I can't guarantee that I'll respond quickly. Good luck.
Are there externship opportunities? Or other opportunities within the community? Thanks.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think they are done with pre dec. 3, but have started scheduling post dec. 3 interviews.Is MidwesternU done with interviews?
Anyone know how they notify acceptances? I signed up for early notification on ups and was wondering if I should expect anything on nov 30??
Your portal on their website should change and they send an email, eventually you should get a hard copy of an acceptance letter in the mail tooAnyone know how they notify acceptances? I signed up for early notification on ups and was wondering if I should expect anything on nov 30??
I don't think they do phone call but I could be wrong, I got accepted post December and what I described is how they communicated our acceptances
how many seats do they fill on dec 3? oos chances?
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 62
- Views
- 28K
- Replies
- 54
- Views
- 24K
- Replies
- 65
- Views
- 15K
- Replies
- 353
- Views
- 125K