The Official Midwestern University- Arizona Interview/Acceptance/Rejection***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks a lot! I was going to write a letter of intent, but now that I know they haven't even looked at most apps I think i'll hold off. If I do indeed get put on a wait list i'd like to write a letter then, and if I write one now I think it would be to annoying for them to read a second letter basically saying the same thing.

Members don't see this ad.

Thanks a lot! I was going to write a letter of intent, but now that I know they haven't even looked at most apps I think i'll hold off. If I do indeed get put on a wait list i'd like to write a letter then, and if I write one now I think it would be to annoying for them to read a second letter basically saying the same thing.
I'm in the exact same boat. I have my letter written and was debating on when to send it, but I am going to wait until I get an official decision.

Yeah, I think I'm just anxious. It's only been 2 weeks after all

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm relatively sure it is a pseudo waitlist. My application also hasn't been reviewed yet but I'm a Dec. interview. I just think that the admissions committee go for whoever they know to be a good fit right away and leave everyone else in limbo to see who else they can accept before they go to the alternate list.

We're all just speculating at this point. If they told you that you haven't been reviewed I would have asked for an explanation. The "most of the January interviewees haven't even been looked at" obviously wouldn't apply to you as plenty of people from Dec have been accepted already.

We're all just speculating at this point. If they told you that you haven't been reviewed I would have asked for an explanation. The "most of the January interviewees haven't even been looked at" obviously wouldn't apply to you as plenty of people from Dec have been accepted already.

I did. They stated that they just haven't reviewed my application. Also, people who interviewed in Jan. have already gotten accepted too. Those who didn't, are in the same position I'm in. I also wouldn't call this speculation; its probably the most feasible explanation.

So far the only person I heard was accepted was someone that interviewed in the beginning of Jan, the 7th I think?

Then again you might be right. I remember looking at last years thread and there was silence for a while followed by a flood of like 30 students saying they were wait listed. I just don't see what they gain by lying to us about not reviewing apps.

I just denied my acceptance to MWU to go instead to my state school so there should be a spot opening up for other applicants!! good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone know when the first financial aid check shows up for MWU-AZ students?

I interviewed yesterday, and literally 5 min after I left I got a call with an acceptance!!

Really confused. I just received a request to submit a secondary application yesterday. I know my application wasn't complete until really late, but haven't they already offered most of their interviews already?

I'm getting some conflicting information here. I just called about application status (post interview) and they mentioned that they haven't reviewed any interviewed applicants for the last month! Seems odd since I've seen at least two posts saying they have had offers... anybody have information that would clarify this?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm getting some conflicting information here. I just called about application status (post interview) and they mentioned that they haven't reviewed any interviewed applicants for the last month! Seems odd since I've seen at least two posts saying they have had offers... anybody have information that would clarify this?
Nobody here really knows more than you. Numerous people have gotten the same thing from the admissions office (myself included), and they also told me the same thing about not reviewing most of the interviewees from this past month. It is indeed very confusing. More acceptances came in the first week of Feb according to last year's thread, followed by waitlist notifications. I think we should all know in the next couple of weeks where we stand. The wait continues...

So I'm not sure if this helps clarify, but when I interviewed yesterday we were told that we would get a call on Tuesday if we were accepted, and if we did not get a call then we would be reviewed again after the Feb interviews for an alternate spot. So for those of you still waiting, I would assume that they are waiting for Feb interviews to be conducted. But then again, they called me 5 min after I left the interview and not on Tuesday, so I don't know lol

I interview on Feb. 10th so that is nice to know there are still spots available. I know when they gave me the available dates it went up until Feb. 13 so maybe that is the last day of interviews and then they will let everyone know about alternate spots and acceptances. When you went yesterday did they mention how many spots were still available?

has anyone heard an update with regards to the alternate list?

I noticed this morning when I logged onto my MWU portal that they had updated my account and now my pre-reqs were listed and they asked me to re-verify my contact info. No accepted applicant checklist for me though. So I called to see what was up. I was told that I was selected as an alternate. I haven't received an email or snailmail. Good luck to everybody else waiting!

I noticed this morning when I logged onto my MWU portal that they had updated my account and now my pre-reqs were listed and they asked me to re-verify my contact info. No accepted applicant checklist for me though. So I called to see what was up. I was told that I was selected as an alternate. I haven't received an email or snailmail. Good luck to everybody else waiting!

Got the same prompt and also placed on the alternate list. I wish you luck!

I'm on the alternate list too. I noticed they have some prereqs of mine listed as missing (even though they aren't). Don't want to send them an update of my fall grades (cause I didn't too hot), but I hope this doesn't make a difference and I hope I can get in! Apparently they randomly pick from the alternate pool.

Honestly, how many people got that excited feeling that there was a change in their portal only to find out your on the alternate list?!
I know I did lol

Has anyone got accepted of the alternate list yet?
Or better qn is does any one know how many people got in from the alternate list in previous years?

I just called the admission office yesterday And they told me they have put me on a waiting list for interview!! Does any body have the same status? Any idea about my chance? :( I'm so nervous!!
Please help me . Thanks

Has anyone got accepted of the alternate list yet?
Or better qn is does any one know how many people got in from the alternate list in previous years?
A decent amount of ppl got off the waitlist last year I think. But expect it to be less this time around.

why do you say that? Just curious?
It seems to have gotten a lot more popular and the program has been up and running for several years and now has a stellar reputation. I personally think it might be in the top 3 clinically now. Lots of people are skeptical about new schools (and understandably so), but with MWU-AZ, there is no more surprise. So people will be less inclined to go somewhere else, unlike in the past. Also, if you look at schools that have similar price tags as MWU-AZ, a lot of them are located in high cost of living areas.

I'd really like to go to MWU-AZ as it doesn't appear as if I will be getting into some schools I thought I would be. Either way, us alternates will not be hearing back until mid to end of March (going off last years' thread). Good luck to all!

Either way, us alternates will not be hearing back until mid to end of March (going off last years' thread). Good luck to all!

Actually, the first posted acceptance off the waitlist was March 2nd from last year -> http://forums.studentdoctor.net/thr...acceptance-thread.947476/page-5#post-13750102

So not as long of a wait as you thought :D Still, I think you are right in that there will be less movement this year however I am pretty hopeful there will still be more movement versus other schools though.

Comes down to price, when students get accepted into their state schools they'll opt for those because of the better value. Why graduate with ~400k of debt when you can do it for under 250k

But I think your right about there not being as much movement, last year the change to 140 students seemed kind of unexpected so I think they had to pull quite a few to fill up all 140. This year they knew the class size would be 140 and I think admitted students accordingly

I just called the admission office yesterday And they told me they have put me on a waiting list for interview!! Does any body have the same status? Any idea about my chance? :( I'm so nervous!!
Please help me . Thanks

Who exactly did you call? And do you have the number by chance?

I don't know the name. I called admission office? Why?

Please help me . Thanks

To be honest, I think there is only one round of interviews left (that they had planned for) from everything I and others have heard from MWU. I am not sure if they will start pulling from the interview waitlist as it seems there are a lot of people on the alternate list already but hey, you never know! Good luck!

I was told they're interviewing until end of March and there are about 20 seats left to fill.

I called a couple weeks ago, and it was only 16 then. I'm sure its less now

It's 3000+ applicants for a 140 seats, I don't think anyone is expecting any kind of great odds.

But with your scores you have a great shot nonetheless.

For those that were placed on the alternate list, were you guys contacted by the school? Has anyone received an acceptance in February?

Thanks!!

My alternate letter was postmarked Dec. 17. I haven't heard anything yet but I doubt I will hear anything with ~160 people on the list already.

I'm on the alternate list too. I noticed they have some prereqs of mine listed as missing (even though they aren't). Don't want to send them an update of my fall grades (cause I didn't too hot), but I hope this doesn't make a difference and I hope I can get in! Apparently they randomly pick from the alternate pool.

They don't pick randomly from the alternate list. There is no way any of the admissions faculty would do that, much less admit to doing that. The alternate list is ordered but they can pick and choose any they wish and not go in order. One thing they told me in particular was that the closer it gets to August, the more likely they are to accept an Arizona resident than an east coast resident simply because they are more likely to move easier so more likely to accept. But that doesn't become too serious til after May when getting accepted on short notice actually becomes a logistic issue. That's coming straight from them.

I interviewed Jan. 8th and I'm on the alternate list. It seems like a lot of people who interviewed in Jan. were placed on the alternate list. (speculation) Does anyone know which rank they are on the alternate list or if the admissions office would tell you?
It may not be random, but I was told by admissions that they draw randomly from the pool of applicants when a spot becomes open. I assume that they will not tell you your rank since they wouldn't tell me mine. They probably say that so that people aren't calling in everyday asking about it.

I interviewed Jan. 8th and I'm on the alternate list. It seems like a lot of people who interviewed in Jan. were placed on the alternate list. (speculation) Does anyone know which rank they are on the alternate list or if the admissions office would tell you?

I interviewed the same day as you. Did they email you telling you that you are on the alternate list? I have not heard anything from them: positive or negative. I hope that is a good sign... lol.

Most people that found out they're accepted have heard from the interviewer by now, especially the ones in Jan. Probably just need to call in like everyone else did and find out.

I interviewed the same day as you. Did they email you telling you that you are on the alternate list? I have not heard anything from them: positive or negative. I hope that is a good sign... lol.

When you log onto your MWU portal they will ask you to update your information but it still wouldn't have changed to "accepted" or anything. I called them and then they told me I was an alternate.

Would sending a letter of intent be useful in this type of alternate 'pool' situation?

Would sending a letter of intent be useful in this type of alternate 'pool' situation?
I think so, but that is only my personal opinion. I met current students there who were on the waitlist, sent a LOI, and eventually got accepted. I'm not saying that the LOI got them the admission, but it apparently didn't hurt. Also, how else are you going to stand out in an apparently unranked list? I plan on sending one here in the upcoming weeks

I interviewed there yesterday. There were 12 of us in total and the admissions counselor at the end said that if we were accepted they would let us know within the next two weeks and if we did not hear back within those two weeks we would hear in the beginning of March that we were on the alternate list.

When I signed up to interview yesterday, I was also given the option of tomorrow and Wednesday so I am guessing they are going to continue with those interviews and then pick from the 3 days on interviewees.

They also said there are still spots available but wouldn't say how many.

Status
Not open for further replies.