****The Official Temple University Kornberg Dental Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

still_20waiting.jpg

Good luck guys. I was not patient enough to wait the interview from Temple

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
I mailed my check 4 weeks ago and it still has not been deposited. On AADSAS portal it says under review since 8/25. To call or not to call?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got an invitation today for an interview through email!!
Really excited!

Last edited:
First batch and no response....
Stats 3.94/3.95
Dat aa 22 ts 22 pa 20 rc 22 qr 20

I guess they're not going in order

Yes they don't go in order. Don't worry you will get called

I almost forgot I applied to Temple!! it's one of those thing ;your gut tells you "let it go easyyyyyyy"

Reactions: 1 user
I sent my check about 2 weeks ago and still have not received any confirmation and it has not been cashed yet. For the people who got interviews already, how did you know they received your check

My check was deposited august 31st and Temple just appeared on my portal today as under review!

Decided to add and apply to temple just this week - seems like things are moving slow from this thread so hopefully I have a shot

I mailed my check 4 weeks ago and it still has not been deposited. On AADSAS portal it says under review since 8/25. To call or not to call?
Hi YellowBanana,

Did calling them make a difference? I was just wondering because I am also in the same position as you, not sure if i should wait or call.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi YellowBanana,

Did calling them make a difference? I was just wondering because I am also in the same position as you, not sure if i should wait or call.

Hey! I actually was going to call them the day after I wrote that and I checked my account and the check posted that same morning. But they did take exactly 4 weeks. Yep, I counted. lol

Is Temple doing the video interview??

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone interviewed that can comment on what the video interview is like?

Did anyone get emailed their supplemental twice? I mailed mine out on 9/15 but they just sent another identical email telling me to submit my supplemental :/ Temple y u so confusing x.x

is an invitation to supplemental application suppose to be a good sign or is it something every applicants receive?

The interview is really chill, and Brian is the man! (Sickles and Sheeps, very few will get this).

Reactions: 1 users
The interview is really chill, and Brian is the man! (Sickles and Sheeps, very few will get this).
Thanks for your info!! How was your day like? Are they still doing in a same format that is listed on the interview feedback thread? (doing video recording instead of personal interviews?)

Thanks for your info!! How was your day like? Are they still doing in a same format that is listed on the interview feedback thread? (doing video recording instead of personal interviews?)

Yup, interview feedback was spot on.

Did anyone get emailed their supplemental twice? I mailed mine out on 9/15 but they just sent another identical email telling me to submit my supplemental :/ Temple y u so confusing x.x

The same thing happened to me. I mailed mine out on September 13th and I got the email Monday too. I called today and they said that they never received it so I sent it again today. I unfortunately used a money order and I threw a lot of papers when I moved last weekend so I was sure it was gone. If you used a check, I would see if it was deposited or if you still have the money order receipt you can check and see if it was cashed.

Don't be too nervous about the Temple interview if you can help it. I'm an idiot and didn't prep anything before, so I kinda winged it and was told that it was one of the best interviews Brian had seen in weeks! They want personality above all else, so keep that in mind. I also only took 3 1/2 minutes, so don't worry about being too short, only worry about going over 5 minutes in the room.

Reactions: 2 users
Don't be too nervous about the Temple interview if you can help it. I'm an idiot and didn't prep anything before, so I kinda winged it and was told that it was one of the best interviews Brian had seen in weeks! They want personality above all else, so keep that in mind. I also only took 3 1/2 minutes, so don't worry about being too short, only worry about going over 5 minutes in the room.

Do they give you a random question or is it the same for everyone?

I got an invite this past Tuesday, but I can't schedule one because they keep putting me on hold!!!

I got an invite this past Tuesday, but I can't schedule one because they keep putting me on hold!!!
May I ask you when your application was mailed? When did you mail your supplemental application?

Do they give you a random question or is it the same for everyone?

There's 3 parts. The first is you talk about yourself. This is where most people basically rehash why they want to be a dentist. If you're really freaking out, you could just draw from your personal statement, but try to make it more personal. The second is you draw a face down card with a question on it. These are not hard questions, mine was "what is your favorite food?" The third portion is what freaks a lot of people out, it's a manual dexterity exercise. It's not hard! You just have to put these pegs (all the same shape) in holes. Once you hit the 5 minute mark they cut you off.

There's 3 parts. The first is you talk about yourself. This is where most people basically rehash why they want to be a dentist. If you're really freaking out, you could just draw from your personal statement, but try to make it more personal. The second is you draw a face down card with a question on it. These are not hard questions, mine was "what is your favorite food?" The third portion is what freaks a lot of people out, it's a manual dexterity exercise. It's not hard! You just have to put these pegs (all the same shape) in holes. Once you hit the 5 minute mark they cut you off.
So all of the three parts must be done in 5 minutes? I thought 5 minute was just given for me to use to tell about myself :S

Yes, all must be done in 5 minutes. (at least that's what I was given last year) So a max of 4 to talk about yourself, but that could be cutting it close.

Yes, all must be done in 5 minutes. (at least that's what I was given last year) So a max of 4 to talk about yourself, but that could be cutting it close.
Thanks for the info! I am excited to visit Temple soon :)

Is change in application status on portal after interview good thing or bad thing? My status got changed to Application complete after the interview (just noticed).. I am worried whether this means rejection..

wait I'm confused, I glanced at page 2 of this thread and read about only select applicants receiving the supplemental app. Can anyone tell me whether ALL applicants receive the supplemental application or only those whose stats are decent get it?

Is change in application status on portal after interview good thing or bad thing? My status got changed to Application complete after the interview (just noticed).. I am worried whether this means rejection..
just noticed that too...

just noticed that too...
I received a supp app email two days after my mail out date asking me to fill out my personal info, check/money order info and give permission to someone to see application. Maybe call the school to see :)

My interview is on 11/11!
Anyone else have the same date?

I received a supp app email two days after my mail out date asking me to fill out my personal info, check/money order info and give permission to someone to see application. Maybe call the school to see :)
But the thing is I already had an interview there and my status changed from invited for interview to app complete..

But the thing is I already had an interview there and my status changed from invited for interview to app complete..
If you check the class of 2019 for Temple and look at page 4 and I believe 7 or 8. Faux's status changed, I think based on his question, and also received an interview as well. Not sure the change was to complete or check back at Dec 1. Hopefully you hear something good come December.

does everyone get a supplemental for this school or is it only for potential interviews?
I think everyone gets the supplement or maybe those that pass their gpa screening, not sure, but I got mine three to four days after school received my application. I have yet to get an interview.

Interview!

Notification date: 10/19/15
Method of notification: Email
Interview Date: 11/11/15
Residency: PA
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/31/15
Application complete date: 8/12/15
GPA: 3.73 science/3.70 BCP/3.82 overall
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23 AA/22 TS/19 PAT/23 RC/none

Edit: added interview date

Last edited:
Interview!

Notification date: 10/19/15
Method of notification: Email
Interview Date: 11/11/15
Residency: PA
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/31/15
Application complete date: 8/12/15
GPA: 3.73 science/3.70 BCP/3.82 overall
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23 AA/22 TS/19 PAT/23 RC/none

Edit: added interview date
I'll see you there!!

Got my invite yesterday. Where are OOS people planning on staying? Any cheap hotels walking distance from the school?