****The Official UCSF Class of 2016 Acceptance Thread****

Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations! Who called you? Will they be emailing as well?

I work in a place that doesn't allow my cell in the building!! Hopefully will have a chance to run out to my car later today!

looks like theyre starting to call ! :xf: even more anxiously looking at phone now.. goodluck everyone :)

Got a phone call today around 12:30 but I was at work and have no service...listened to the message and good news :) ACCEPTED!! Was wondering if anyone else that got accepted has received the e-mail yet or has had their AADSAS status changed mine still says " Invited for Interview"???

got a call today! accepppttedd! :) :) GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE ELSE!

I got a call around noon PST too. I'm in! To those of you wondering, you get a call and an email. I have yet to receive the email, though.

got the call too! unbelievable feeling this is... anyone get the e-mail yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
Got UCSF phone call today at around 11:30am!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:love:
Here I come UCSF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
wow, page already made. ucsf admin got this on lockdown.

They said if we don't hear anything, that "no news is good news." But is it really good news? How likely is it that we will make the 2nd or whatever batch?

I am on the board. I got a call from Dr. Daniel Ramos. He left a msg that I got in! I saved the msg and listened 5 times! I still can't believe it!!:laugh:

I am on the board. I got a call from Dr. Daniel Ramos. He left a msg that I got in! I saved the msg and listened 5 times! I still can't believe it!!:laugh:

congrats! i guess you did get to write some good news. glad you've made it, go ags!

They said if we don't hear anything, that "no news is good news." But is it really good news? How likely is it that we will make the 2nd or whatever batch?

Can you clarify what you mean? Wouldn't "no news" mean you have been wait listed?

Is there a Facebook page yet?? Also, anyone going here who doesn't want to specialize? I don't want to... But it seems alot of ppl that go here do.

I don't want to specialize either...

also has anyone received the e-mail yet?? I got the phone call yesterday but still no email

I don't want to specialize either...

also has anyone received the e-mail yet?? I got the phone call yesterday but still no email

Nice to know not everyone wants to specialize. I haven't gotten the email yet either.

I have my interview on January 12th, anyone have some advice or input on questions asked, length of the interview? Any information at all would be greatly appreciated!!

I have my interview on January 12th, anyone have some advice or input on questions asked, length of the interview? Any information at all would be greatly appreciated!!

The interview at UCSF consists of:

- breakfast/picture taking
- welcome/presentation by Dean
- tour
- curriculum presentation
- lunch
- interview with a current student and a faculty
- 30 minute essay writing session

Each interview is anywhere between 15 min to 30 minutes. The day begins at 9:15am and ends at about 2:30pm.
Your interviews with a student and a faculty weigh the same. You will be writing a 30-min essay with a pen/paper on a famous quote. Arrive 15 min earlier and be seated in the waiting room, which is situated to the right side of the main entrance. If you are driving, there is a parking lot right behind the dental center building. I paid about 28 dollars for the whole day.
Hope it helps!

Thanks, easydent, for the info!

I wonder when the next batch of acceptances/waitlist will come out...

Should be very soon, i'm guessing monday. Today is suppose to be the last day we can confirm our acceptances for the dec.1st people.

On January 5 they said they had 25 to 45 spots left to fill after the Dec 1 acceptances. They were interviewing 144 more people up until early february.

On January 5 they said they had 25 to 45 spots left to fill after the Dec 1 acceptances. They were interviewing 144 more people up until early february.

25-45 spots sounds off. They said as of Jan 5th. they sent out 69 acceptances-- 29 accepted, 17 declined, 23 undecided. I'm wondering what happened to those 23.

Regardless, all we can do is wait.

Ya I got a call early this morning from Dr. Ramos with the acceptance. I had the Jan. 5th interview...

I'm in!!! :thumbup:

I got the call around 11 AM this morning!