2018 **** The Official University of Detroit Mercy Dental Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread ****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got an interview :D :D
Canadian applicant with GPA: 3.62. sGPA: 3.52. DAT (AA/TS/PAT): 20, 21, 21.
Interview date: October 21st @ 8:00 AM.
Anyone that has an interview on that day and want to hang out a bit/ get some food, message me!

Members don't see this ad.

When is your interview? Mine is on the 14th of October!

Hey! I am trying to find people that have the same interview date as me (october 14th). Does anyone know where they are staying?

Members don't see this ad :)
Interview #4
School: University of Detroit Mercy
Notification date: 10/5
Method of notification: Email
Residency: VA
Application complete date: 7/27

For those of you who have rescheduled, did you call or email for this request?

Also, for those who have interviewed, did you find out the interview day schedule after they confirm your interview date?

How long does the day typically last?

Last edited:
So we pay the $125 AADSAS application fee

we also have to pay a $100 background check fee???

Anyone else who interviewed during late august/early sept anxiously waiting till December 1st? Feels so far away lol

Reactions: 5 users
In the interview invite e-mail, is application processing fee same as supplemental fee? it better be.

Hey! I am trying to find people that have the same interview date as me (october 14th). Does anyone know where they are staying?
I am coming on Oct 14 as well . Where r you staying?

Members don't see this ad :)
I have interview on Oct 14, flying from Dallas. How was you video interview?
Good, I think LOL. Know how to answer general questions about yourself and you should be good. The practice questions helped, I did the practice multiple times and i'd recommend doing that cus they have a few other questions that are different that pop up if you do multiple practice rounds. Best of luck :)

P.S. if you are going at 10:30 then we'll be seeing e/o, mine is on 14th as well.

does anyone just pay the background check recently? how much they charge you in total ? they charge me 2 times one time $100 and one time $53 ... anyone has the same issue??

Good, I think LOL. Know how to answer general questions about yourself and you should be good. The practice questions helped, I did the practice multiple times and i'd recommend doing that cus they have a few other questions that are different that pop up if you do multiple practice rounds. Best of luck :)

P.S. if you are going at 10:30 then we'll be seeing e/o, mine is on 14th as well.
mine interview requests states I have to be there at 8 am. I still have to book hotel

I will see you there too fellow canadian.

Reactions: 1 user
Good luck tomorrow to those interviewing, nervous but very excited :)

Interview #2

School: Detroit Mercy
Notification date: 10/13
Method of notification: email
Residency: Canada
Application complete date: 9/29
GPA: 3.6
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/21/20/22/none

Interview #2

Notification date: 10/13
Residency: Canada
Application complete date: 9/29
GPA: 3.6
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/21/20/22/none
Congrats! Just wondering what interview dates you were given

Interview Number 1

Notification Date: 10/14
Residency: US
Application Complete DATE: 9/28/17
GPA. 3.3
DAT:(AA/TS/PAT/READING/any section below 17): 19/22/19/19 none

I have my interview scheduled for 11/11/17 @ 10:30 AM

Reactions: 1 users
Congrats! Just wondering what interview dates you were given
Thank you. I was given the options of this upcoming Saturday or the 11th of November. I'm surprised they're pre-December dates, given I applied so late!

Interview Number 1

Notification Date: 9/13
Application Complete DATE: 8/31/17
GPA. 3.7
DAT AA/TS/PAT/READING/any section below 17): 22/21/21/25 none

I have my interview scheduled for 10/21/17 @ 8:00 AM

Last edited:
So I'm not sure if this was just with me or with others too, but was I the only one asked 1 ethical question during my interview? My interviewers asked me a whole lot about my personal statement for like 15mins.
Should I be worried? Otherwise, I think the conversation was really nice and it actually didn't feel like an interview.

So I'm not sure if this was just with me or with others too, but was I the only one asked 1 ethical question during my interview? My interviewers asked me a whole lot about my personal statement for like 15mins.
Should I be worried? Otherwise, I think the conversation was really nice and it actually didn't feel like an interview.

You should be fine!

I did not have any ethical questions. Just talking about Detroit dental clinics, that is all and if I know anyone from the school

What did you guys discuss about Detroit dental clinics? Lol.
If I was a dental student then what do I think about partipating in the freeclinic to provide dental services to adults with special needs.

Last edited:
If I was a dental student then what do I think about partipating in the Michigan's Upper Peninsula clinic to provide dental services to adults with special needs.
Also my interviewer did not have access to my application!

Interview Number 1

Notification Date: 10/14
Application Complete DATE: 9/28/17
GPA. 3.3
DAT:(AA/TS/PAT/READING/any section below 17): 19/22/19/19 none

I have my interview scheduled for 11/11/17 @ 10:30 AM
Congrats! My interview is scheduled on Nov 11th too

Last edited:
For the background check it charged me $46.50 USD. Does that sound right? Becuase i thought it should be $100.

Interviewing on 11/11 at 8 am. I would feel way more comfortable if I had at least chatted with some fellow interviewees beforehand so feel free to inbox me. :)

Heels or flats?? Which is more professional? Because flats are a lot more comfortable.

Hey Guys, I interviewed back in October, I have a quick question. I have 4 letters of recommendation from professors who know me very well on a personal and student level, but I have no letter from a dentist.

During my interview, this was brought up, my app lacked an evaluation letter from a dentist. Does this mean I would need to contact the doc that I shadowed and put in a request?

Hey Guys, I interviewed back in October, I have a quick question. I have 4 letters of recommendation from professors who know me very well on a personal and student level, but I have no letter from a dentist.

During my interview, this was brought up, my app lacked an evaluation letter from a dentist. Does this mean I would need to contact the doc that I shadowed and put in a request?
Yes. You should have the dentist you shadowed submit a LoR to UDM as it is a requirement and may affect your chance of being accepted.

Does UDM's ratio of interviewed students to students accepted make anyone else feel uneasy/anxious :sick:

700+ students interviewed, class size is only 144 people :confused:

Only 144 students attend, but they offer a lot more acceptances. A lot students end up rejecting their acceptance, because they are accepted to another preferred school of choice. Just on December first, they send out over 144 acceptances. Obviously less than 144 accept and even the ones that accept sometimes drop their seats later on after getting acceptance from another school. At my interview, it was mentioned that 80-90% of students interviewed are at some point offered an acceptance.

Only 144 students attend, but they offer a lot more acceptances. A lot students end up rejecting their acceptance, because they are accepted to another preferred school of choice. Just on December first, they send out over 144 acceptances. Obviously less than 144 accept and even the ones that accept sometimes drop their seats later on after getting acceptance from another school. At my interview, it was mentioned that 80-90% of students interviewed are at some point offered an acceptance.

People keep saying this but i've literally never heard it in person and at my interview. Not saying I don't believe you but that seems fairly high. Was it your interviewers who brought this up?

that's total interviews right? like pre and post December i assume... anyone knows approximately how many people interview pre December?

They've had at least 6-8 interview days so far if I'm not mistaken. Also each interview is usually split into 8am and 10:30am. Each group is around 50-60 people. TBH 700 people pre-dec doesn't seem that unlikely...

Status
Not open for further replies.