The Roaring TWWenties (Game Thread)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Who is the other wolf in this scenario?
If you’re asking the other wolf bandwagon, if Wondering flips wolf, then she’s it. If wondering flips village, then I have to reevaluate. If you’re asking who the other packmate is in this scenario, I’ll have to do a reread tonight when I have time and see- I think possibly Mel, maybe dolphin.
 
If you’re asking the other wolf bandwagon, if Wondering flips wolf, then she’s it. If wondering flips village, then I have to reevaluate. If you’re asking who the other packmate is in this scenario, I’ll have to do a reread tonight when I have time and see- I think possibly Mel, maybe dolphin.
So wondering opted to bus?
 
So wondering opted to bus?
Yep. Worst thing that can happen is that the Engr bandwagon builds up, she flips wolf, and then Wondering gets village cred (good if Wondering is the more powerful wolf). Best case, Wondering flips wolf, people say “why would she bus a teammate when she was going down” and soft clear her, and then the teammate goes on to endgame.
 
Yep. Worst thing that can happen is that the Engr bandwagon builds up, she flips wolf, and then Wondering gets village cred (good if Wondering is the more powerful wolf). Best case, Wondering flips wolf, people say “why would she bus a teammate when she was going down” and soft clear her, and then the teammate goes on to endgame.
How was wondering going down when mpm was forced into the lead the entire cycle?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did you read the thread yesterday? Because it's starting to sound like you didn't
I didn't just read the thread. I had to live through ever agonizing second of it playing out in real time. At this rate village will just lose anyway though.
 
@PippyPony @Barkley13 I'm curious about what you guys thought now 😛
Mostly votes, as mentioned earlier. And I had written off some of her slightly sketchier comments as noob-like/given points for seeming surprised at being called out on a couple things, but after mpm was confirmed village, they do not ring with the same timbre of innocent nooby truth
 
I didn't just read the thread. I had to live through ever agonizing second of it playing out in real time. At this rate village will just lose anyway though.
I don't understand why you're so stressed about this game by D3

We have the opportunity to utilize a village bloc today in the form of people who are basically confirmed village because we've already been publicly night killed. Are you interested in trying to take advantage of that, or do I need to start asking if Mel converted you the night Alissa died?
 
I don't understand why you're so stressed about this game by D3

We have the opportunity to utilize a village bloc today in the form of people who are basically confirmed village because we've already been publicly night killed. Are you interested in trying to take advantage of that, or do I need to start asking if Mel converted you the night Alissa died?
Yeah, and what happens to the bloc when you die? How many lynches are left if Eng flips village after this?
 
Yeah, and what happens to the bloc when you die? How many lynches are left if Eng flips village after this?
Well, then we should probably try to do some work today to expand the bloc, huh

I'm not going to do math after not sleeping, so someone else can calculate possible lylo. Kind of feeling extra bad for deciding mpm should die because she's good at that stuff lol
 
Well, then we should probably try to do some work today to expand the bloc, huh

I'm not going to do math after not sleeping, so someone else can calculate possible lylo. Kind of feeling extra bad for deciding mpm should die because she's good at that stuff lol
Okay, is there a way to ensure said block expands even with Eng flipping village?
 
Also this concept needs to eventually be incorporated into your VCA algorithm somehow, because you have wolfed enough to know that wolves do bus sometimes, especially when they think they might die soon
I'm aware. I just was just giving the benefit of the doubt because if that was actually a bus, it was completely unnecessary and will have little to no payoff.
 
And if you think there was crazy resistance to a Wonder lynch and she didn't see it coming for days...then you are not looking at this from the perspective of a wolf (in particular, a noob wolf).

She started getting flak after her very first post in the game, when multiple people told her that her manator should have taught her better. She has been heavily discussed every single day of the game so far. I'm not sure if anyone besides me (and Cubs at the very beginning of the game) has given her a single village point.

Like... think about that as if you were in wolf chat. Do you think if you were in her place, you'd be oblivious to all those people calling your every move wolfy af? Of course not.

So given that wolves are not ignorant of the movement of the tides, it is probably a good idea to at least try to consider what they might do in response to that kind of pressure. Because they are also not stupid.
 
And if you think there was crazy resistance to a Wonder lynch and she didn't see it coming for days...then you are not looking at this from the perspective of a wolf (in particular, a noob wolf).

She started getting flak after her very first post in the game, when multiple people told her that her manator should have taught her better. She has been heavily discussed every single day of the game so far. I'm not sure if anyone besides me (and Cubs at the very beginning of the game) has given her a single village point.

Like... think about that as if you were in wolf chat. Do you think if you were in her place, you'd be oblivious to all those people calling your every move wolfy af? Of course not.

So given that wolves are not ignorant of the movement of the tides, it is probably a good idea to at least try to consider what they might do in response to that kind of pressure. Because they are also not stupid.
How could it be coming for days when it was only D2? And there were only 5 people on her lynch (one last minute)... out of 16. I don't see her being a top lynch priority realistically with that attitude.

If I was in wolf chat, it'd be an unlikely scenario because I would've voted somewhere D1 (which is largely why she got attention in the first place) so I can't imagine it.
 
All this said... I think it would not have been the smartest move for wolves to kill me if I was going to keep defending a wolf, so even if it's on a delay, it makes me hopeful that I must have been right enough about something somewhere.

(...Or it's not the wolves doing the moonshine killing at all, and there is a serial killer in the mix. Not sold on that idea by any means, though.)
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How could it be coming for days when it was only D2? And there were only 5 people on her lynch (one last minute)... out of 16. I don't see her being a top lynch priority realistically with that attitude.

If I was in wolf chat, it'd be an unlikely scenario because I would've voted somewhere D1 (which is largely why she got attention in the first place) so I can't imagine it.
Did you see what I said about people getting on her case about her very first post? Votes ≠ heat.

And I'm not sure why I'm having to explain to you how it's possible to pressure multiple people at once even though we each only have one voting seat.
 
Did you see what I said about people getting on her case about her very first post? Votes ≠ heat.

And I'm not sure why I'm having to explain to you how it's possible to pressure multiple people at once even though we each only have one voting seat.
Only Mel and mpm ever said anything to her prior to her being absent so I don't equate that to serious heat.
@Animal Midwife out of curiosity why do you think you're alive today?

I have some thoughts. But I would like to hear your thoughts.
Because I'm that great, Pippy.
 
Btw, which games? You mentioned Michigan -- any others?

Umm I don't remember which ones off the top of my head. I think there was one other that mel was a wolf and called me out but it didn't last long. Then there were two that I was a wolf and he was village (maybe sega and Colorado?). Not a lot of games to go off, but it just reminded me of a past game so I went searching for that game and it was Michigan. I've never been called out by him so far when we are the same affiliation.
 
And if you think there was crazy resistance to a Wonder lynch and she didn't see it coming for days...then you are not looking at this from the perspective of a wolf (in particular, a noob wolf).

She started getting flak after her very first post in the game, when multiple people told her that her manator should have taught her better. She has been heavily discussed every single day of the game so far. I'm not sure if anyone besides me (and Cubs at the very beginning of the game) has given her a single village point.

Like... think about that as if you were in wolf chat. Do you think if you were in her place, you'd be oblivious to all those people calling your every move wolfy af? Of course not.

So given that wolves are not ignorant of the movement of the tides, it is probably a good idea to at least try to consider what they might do in response to that kind of pressure. Because they are also not stupid.

Yeah I agree with this line of thought. If wondering is a wolf she knows shes going down soon
 
AM (1) - SAR
kata (1) - AM
jenjen (1) - genny
genny (1) - snowy
genny (2) - snowy, mpm
cubs (1) - barks
pippy (1) - BC
mpm (1) - wondering
barks (1) - kata
jenjen (2) - genny, mel
barks (2) - kata, engr
mpm () - wondering
alissa (1) - cubs
genny (3) - snowy, mpm, alissa
Lupin (1) - pippy
alissa (2) - cubs, miz
alissa (1) - cubs, miz
Lupin () - pippy
mpm (1) - Lupin
jenjen (1) - genny, mel
snowy (1) - mel
jenjen () - genny
mpm (2) - Lupin, genny
genny (2) - snowy, mpm, alissa
genny (1) - snowy, mpm
wondering (1) - snowy
kata () - AM
alissa (2) - cubs, AM
genny () - mpm
engr (1) - mpm
barks (3) - kata, engr, alissa
cubs () - barks
alissa (3) - cubs, AM, barks
snowy (2) - mel, dolphin

missing: jenjen, miz, wondering, pippy

snowy (1) - jenjen
wondering (1) - AM
snowy (2) - jenjen, mel
BC (1) - Lupin
wondering (2) - AM, snowy
snowy (1) - jenjen, mel
mpm (1) - barks
mpm (2) - barks, pippy
SAR (1) - genny
engr (1) - BC
snowy () - jenjen
dolphin (1) - jenjen
mpm (3) - barks, pippy, engr
dolphin () - jenjen
mpm (4) - barks, pippy, engr, jenjen
SAR (2) - genny, mel
mpm (5) - barks, pippy, engr, jenjen, SAR
dolphin (1) - miz
engr (2) - BC, mpm
mpm
(4) - barks, pippy, engr, jenjen, SAR
wondering (3) - AM, snowy, barks
engr (3) - BC, mpm, wondering
wondering (4) - AM, snowy, barks, kata

missing: dolphin

I was going to wait until morning, but I think I'll post this now in case I get deaded.

AM (1) - SAR
kata (1) - AM
jenjen (1) - genny
genny (1) - snowy
genny (2) - snowy, mpm
cubs
(1) - barks
pippy (1) - BC
mpm (1) - wondering
barks (1) - kata
jenjen (2) - genny, mel
barks (2) - kata, engr
mpm () - wondering
alissa (1) - cubs
genny (3) - snowy, mpm, alissa
Lupin (1) - pippy
alissa (2) - cubs, miz
alissa (1) - cubs, miz
Lupin () - pippy
mpm (1) - Lupin
jenjen (1) - genny, mel
snowy (1) - mel
jenjen () - genny
mpm (2) - Lupin, genny
genny (2) - snowy, mpm, alissa
genny (1) - snowy, mpm
wondering (1) - snowy
kata () - AM
alissa (2) - cubs, AM
genny () - mpm
engr (1) - mpm
barks (3) - kata, engr, alissa
cubs () - barks
alissa (3) - cubs, AM, barks
snowy (2) - mel, dolphin

missing: jenjen, miz, wondering, pippy

snowy (1) - jenjen
wondering (1) - AM
snowy (2) - jenjen, mel
BC (1) - Lupin
wondering (2) - AM, snowy
snowy (1) - jenjen, mel
mpm (1) - barks
mpm (2) - barks, pippy
SAR (1) - genny
engr (1) - BC
snowy () - jenjen
dolphin (1) - jenjen
mpm (3) - barks, pippy, engr
dolphin () - jenjen
mpm (4) - barks, pippy, engr, jenjen
SAR (2) - genny, mel
mpm (5) - barks, pippy, engr, jenjen, SAR
dolphin (1) - miz
engr (2) - BC, mpm
mpm
(4) - barks, pippy, engr, jenjen, SAR
wondering (3) - AM, snowy, barks
engr (3) - BC, mpm, wondering
wondering (4) - AM, snowy, barks, kata

missing: dolphin

I figured I would update this a bit since the recent deaths
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad