The Roaring TWWenties (Game Thread)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Day 3 SAY HELLO TO MY LITTLE FRIEND Lynch tally
Wondering (4)
- AM, jenjen, SAR, Barks
Mel (3) - genny, pippy, snowy
Engr (1) - BC

7/13

Leader: @WonderingStudent

Missing: @WonderingStudent @dolphin106258 @mizchiefmanaged @Melchizedek @EngrSC

Lynch closes at 10p EST (9 hours)

giphy.gif
 
Helllo @PippyPony my activity is not going to substantially pick up until tomorrow when I’m off. But I’ll do what I can.
 
Also I don’t really get why my vote for snowy automatically made me Wolfy but whatever...when i voted it I was just going for who I felt most Wolfy on, not as a potential counter to Alissa...
 
Oh good a tie :heckyeah: 50/50 track record of flipping a villager or a wolf in a tie so far, wonder how this one will turn out?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I actually really enjoy this tie because anyone who flips (wondering, Mel, or dolphin) is creeping onto my no-no list
 
@EngrSC Now that mpm’s come back to defend, any changes in opinion on your part?
After looking through, my opinion on Engr hasn't really changed. I feel pretty neutral overall, the only thing was their "joke vote" that they didnt change *shrugs*
Because sitting on two counterwagons to wolves and ghosting really does not strike me as village.
Sorry guys, I sleep. I swear I’m not ghosting 😳
I’m caught up now but need to re-read in a bit more detail before I cast my vote!
 
what's going on now? Can we not lynch me on a day when I have an exam so I can actually defend myself? The second half starts in 5 mins and then we have a class happy hour so sorry losers, but I'm gonna be having fun instead of dealing with y'all's bull**** 😛

1. If you're lynching me because I was asking questions about why people were lynching alissa, I might point out that Pippy has been doing the same thing with Wondering.

2. I'm the one who initially spotlighted the fact that wondering was off with the whole "timestamp" analysis, so if you're wolf reading her, why am I also a good lynch?

3. If you're lynching me because I went after snowy please see most games where I push and badger the people I know I can read (AM, snowy, and genny) to get them talking so I can get an early eval on them.

Still think SAR is wolfy and would back that vote.


Lynch Wondering

For self-prez. May or may not be back depending on my tipsy level

Edit to make lynch bold
 
Last edited:
What does your readslist look like at this point?
Engr, then Mel +/- dolphin (can’t decide if I think Mel started the counterwagon as a wolf and dolphin just happened to vote there too or if I think Mel cast the first vote and dolphin opportunistically hopped on or if I think they’re both wolves). Wondering is on the lower end of my list but there are enough people adamantly convinced about her that I’m down to see if there’s fire to accompany that smoke.
 
what's going on now? Can we not lynch me on a day when I have an exam so I can actually defend myself? The second half starts in 5 mins and then we have a class happy hour so sorry losers, but I'm gonna be having fun instead of dealing with y'all's bull**** 😛

1. If you're lynching me because I was asking questions about why people were lynching alissa, I might point out that Pippy has been doing the same thing with Wondering.

2. I'm the one who initially spotlighted the fact that wondering was off with the whole "timestamp" analysis, so if you're wolf reading her, why am I also a good lynch?

3. If you're lynching me because I went after snowy please see most games where I push and badger the people I know I can read (AM, snowy, and genny) to get them talking so I can get an early eval on them.

Still think SAR is wolfy and would back that vote.


Lynch Wondering

For self-prez. May or may not be back depending on my tipsy level
Pls bold
 
Uhhhh @Melchizedek please point me to where you think I have asked someone why they are lynching Wonder?

Not only have I not been discouraging that lynch, I said I felt like it was probably a good lynch because she is acting like she failed me...and in my mind she's not failing me either way... but if anything, it wouldn't be because I taught her so much about being village 🙄 lmao
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Well, there were a crap ton of people voting Wondering when I vote for Mel, so I thought I would see how much resistance there is to getting Wondering lynched. And wow, look what happened.

Hey, do you have any thoughts on who the wolves might be?
I know you didn't really ask for it in this way, but I have a spectrum going rn from village to neutral to wolf:

BC
Snowy
AM
Pippy
Genny
---------
Bark
Miz
SAR
---------
Engr
Mel
Dolphin
Wondering
 
Uhhhh @Melchizedek please point me to where you think I have asked someone why they are lynching Wonder?

Not only have I not been discouraging that lynch, I said I felt like it was probably a good lynch because she is acting like she failed me...and in my mind she's not failing me either way... but if anything, it wouldn't be because I taught her so much about being village 🙄 lmao
You’re kidding right?
Mmmk.

I don't like this last second push to get everyone off mpm when I don't really see a reason to do so.
this sounds like you doubting if the wondering lynch would actually get us a wolf compared to lynching mpm
I’m not saying that you’re wolfy for it, just that villagers make bad calls or reads and end up backing up a wolf (assuming wondering flips wolf? Which I’m still not clear on why we’re dead set there.)

I could actually turn the same question on some of the people that said I was defending Alissa. Where did I say not to lynch her?

y’all have me for a little while as I make dinner and decompress.
 
So what’s putting her above your other village reads then?
I would say she and Snowy are just about tied for me. I've felt more strongly towards their input than AM's, Pippy's, or Genny's. Theirs are less confusing to me personally. I feel that AM and Pippy in particular can be hard to read, but I don't disagree with much of what they've said.
 
@EngrSC have you finished reading through the thread yet? I would really like to hear from you
 
You’re kidding right?

this sounds like you doubting if the wondering lynch would actually get us a wolf compared to lynching mpm
I’m not saying that you’re wolfy for it, just that villagers make bad calls or reads and end up backing up a wolf (assuming wondering flips wolf? Which I’m still not clear on why we’re dead set there.)

I could actually turn the same question on some of the people that said I was defending Alissa. Where did I say not to lynch her?

y’all have me for a little while as I make dinner and decompress.
You didn't say not to lynch her. But soft defense nonetheless:

Who was/is your manator. I would like to slap them for not beating this "Timestamp analysis" behavior out of you during your noob game.


Maybe AM doesn't want you to......get off...... :naughty:



I disagree with almost all of this post.

1. I agree that alissa's eagerness and then subsequent quietness is something to red flag, but its definitely not strong enough that its worth a vote. I feel like this is a reach/overjustification

2. My gut reaction to people being overly sweet to the new players is :eyebrow: and I'm worried that you've given away village cred waaaay too easily (almost like you KNOW they are village and are just finding a good way to lock-in an early village read/pocket them.)

So sketch points to you.



You KNOW what I'm going to say about this. This is reading like your wolf-tell. Knock it off.


I'm not sure what this is reference to? If its about the dance monkey video, it works fine for me so :shrug:


lol at the noob calling the other noob a noob.
Expand that quote to see the alissa bit -- I left all of it because I think there is relevant content in the rest of it.

I was not saying not to lynch Wonder. I said I felt uncomfortable with people seeming to move off of mpm, who had been up for lynch the day before and was at the top of my wolf list at the time.

Like, I understand now that Kata thought we had an hour left, but I looked at her coming onto the thread 4 minutes before close and saying "don't lynch wolfy mpm" with NO context given.

I had no idea where that read came from, so it looked like wolves trying not to lose a second wolf by D2. I didn't think Kata had seer info, because I thought she had been blocked, not poisoned, so no opportunity to look into mpm N1. And I knew genny and Lupin were connected as of genny's post demanding to know why I was voting for Lupes for half a second (although I thought they were masons vs lovers), so I knew it couldn't be that. So in my head, my mind processed that as "wow this is heckin wolfy, mpm you gonna die if this stays a tie"

Make sense?
 
That is my hard stance. I like the tie. I don’t particularly care which way it goes. Either way, I get information.
A tie at this stage is freaking gross. We have two people already on the docket to die before tomorrow morning on top of the regular lynch & kill.

I am wondering if I should say something else right now but I also think I kind of like the idea of surprises.
 
A tie at this stage is freaking gross. We have two people already on the docket to die before tomorrow morning on top of the regular lynch & kill.

I am wondering if I should say something else right now but I also think I kind of like the idea of surprises.
I think ties are lazy play at best and poor play at worst (especially THREE in a row, come on guys), but I’m interested to see what comes of this one.
 
I think ties are lazy play at best and poor play at worst (especially THREE in a row, come on guys), but I’m interested to see what comes of this one.
Well, all three times you had the power to break them but didn't. Just saying.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I don't know why I'm getting freaking freaky all of a sudden with the language lol

I swear I'm actually in a great mood -- we have an awesome series of special dental labs this week and I got to snuggle the cutest, happiest little dog for like 2 hrs while we looked at her choppers

Also it's 70+ degrees out, light at 6pm, and our lab instructor brought us outside for a chunk of it. Life is freaking amazing right now