The Roaring TWWenties (Game Thread)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Also, as I stated before I think if she was around enough to pippy her lynch vote as a wolf she would have broken the tie away from alissa and not make a three-way tie.
As an aside, I think that is perhaps exactly what she tried to do, but miscounted. That was literally a whole discussion I had with her earlier today.

Could that be a village move? Maybe. But it also could be a tipsy "oh shamrocks" wolf move, and I haven't seen much of substance from her beyond regretful-sounding posts about how that lynch went down.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
AM (1) - SAR
kata (1) - AM
jenjen (1) - genny
genny (1) - snowy
genny (2) - snowy, mpm
cubs (1) - barks
pippy (1) - BC
mpm (1) - wondering
barks (1) - kata
jenjen (2) - genny, mel
barks (2) - kata, engr
mpm () - wondering
alissa (1) - cubs
genny (3) - snowy, mpm, alissa
Lupin (1) - pippy
alissa (2) - cubs, miz
alissa (1) - cubs, miz
Lupin () - pippy
mpm (1) - Lupin
jenjen (1) - genny, mel
snowy (1) - mel
jenjen () - genny
mpm (2) - Lupin, genny
genny (2) - snowy, mpm, alissa
genny (1) - snowy, mpm
wondering (1) - snowy
kata () - AM
alissa (2) - cubs, AM
genny () - mpm
engr (1) - mpm
barks (3) - kata, engr, alissa
cubs () - barks
alissa (3) - cubs, AM, barks
snowy (2) - mel, dolphin

missing: jenjen, miz, wondering, pippy

snowy (1) - jenjen
wondering (1) - AM
snowy (2) - jenjen, mel
BC (1) - Lupin
wondering (2) - AM, snowy
snowy (1) - jenjen, mel
mpm (1) - barks
mpm (2) - barks, pippy
SAR (1) - genny
engr (1) - BC
snowy () - jenjen
dolphin (1) - jenjen
mpm (3) - barks, pippy, engr
dolphin () - jenjen
mpm (4) - barks, pippy, engr, jenjen
SAR (2) - genny, mel
mpm (5) - barks, pippy, engr, jenjen, SAR
dolphin (1) - miz
engr (2) - BC, mpm
mpm
(4) - barks, pippy, engr, jenjen, SAR
wondering (3) - AM, snowy, barks
engr (3) - BC, mpm, wondering
wondering (4) - AM, snowy, barks, kata

missing: dolphin

I was going to wait until morning, but I think I'll post this now in case I get deaded.
 
I would also like to take a moment and say that I do not condone the killing of the mod of the previous game on N1 even if he did correctly identify a wolf on D1. Wait until N2 at least. 😉

**********************
1583723394793.png
***********************
 
Trying to figure out how I feel about kata in light of the mpm flip
If wondering is wolf it would move her more village
If wondering is village it doesn't really do anything for her
But then I get this thought about what if wondering is alpha wolf or has a lynch avoidance due to how the write up sounded 🤔
In any wolf scenarios, it makes kata uber village because there was no reason for Wondering to die with the disgusting resistance I saw today.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How is kata village in any wolf scenario? And resistance to who?
Oh, I meant in worlds where Wondering is a wolf, kata absolutely did not have to vote for her given the circumstances. Resistance also refers to Wondering's lynch today. It adds to my absentee wolf theory (haven't gotten to pull this out in years) because if kata is a villager, then your lynch D1 is further propagated by the fact that a wolf was missing to get alissa out of the danger zone by voting you.
 
Oh, I meant in worlds where Wondering is a wolf, kata absolutely did not have to vote for her given the circumstances. Resistance also refers to Wondering's lynch today. It adds to my absentee wolf theory (haven't gotten to pull this out in years) because if kata is a villager, then your lynch D1 is further propagated by the fact that a wolf was missing to get alissa out of the danger zone by voting you.
Oooh okay I get it now
 
So what are your update thoughts?
My updated thoughts are that mpm was village and wonder is still as much of a question mark as she was earlier today... and that I still feel gross voting for her even if there is some pretty compelling evidence there (including stuff I have been lamenting all day, so it should not be an "update" if you bothered to read my freaking posts.)

Sorry if that is not good game play or whatever, but I just want to let her have a day or two's worth of a shot at this.
 
In other news, I remove my earlier mild village read on Eng given that mpm flipped village and bump her down to noob-neutral or even mild sketch. Vote pattern not looking super great for her at the moment imo
 
In other news, I remove my earlier mild village read on Eng given that mpm flipped village and bump her down to noob-neutral or even mild sketch. Vote pattern not looking super great for her at the moment imo
Eng, the person Wondering was voting for?
 
Eng, the person Wondering was voting for?
Yes, AM. I have her in neutral after re-reading the thread.

I realize that you have Wonder locked in as 1000000% wolf, but you are not the mouthpiece of the heavenly God of Town and Judgement. And if she does flip village, then I will laugh as you sit there doing the fish mouth of surprise while I have a draft of an adjusted POE. Go read my posts before you keep being a brat or I might decide to stop answering your follow up questions.
 
Finally looked back at all the games where mel has called me a wolf because I was wishywashy and every time either he is a wolf and I am village or he is village and I am a wolf. He did back down after my posts this morning, but its giving me flashbacks to michigan WW. So I'm pretty inclined to vote there if not tomorrow then the next day. I'm thinking a wondering, mel, dolphin pack might be nice.
 
I am pretty sure I feel ok with: AM, genny, barks, lupin, jenjen, +/- snowy, +/- Miz, +/- kata (depending on wonder flip)

I'm ok with AM, genny, barks, jenjen, pips, +/- kata (also depending on if wondering is woof), and leaning slightly more on the village side for miz and sar. I don't see why everyone is good with lupin. I have nada on her.
 
okay I’m sorry I had a bad day today and completely forgot about lynch deadline and that I hadn’t voted. I’ll be better I swear. Anyways I’ll try and give some thoughts on reread before I pass out but if not I’ll definitely be voting early tomorrow and giving more content. :sorry:
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Night 2

giphy.gif


A man in a bow tie and lab coat was working away in his lab when there was a knock on the door. He was mildly annoyed at the interruption - not just for himself, others were counting on him as well. He quickly poured some liquid into a vial and shoved it in his pocket. A pang of anxiety went through his body, anxiety and something else, something a little more painful. No matter, he still had time.

The bearded man standing at his door seemed friendly, and a little lonesome. It wouldn't hurt to spend a night out, as long as he got back home in time...so the man in the bow tie went. When the sun rose, he had forgotten about the vial, been too distracted by late night activities.

Dead is @katashark, who was Penicillin, a village healer

Elsewhere during the night, two lovers gazed into each others eyes, and then across the water at a steady green light. Their loving whispers were interrupted by the sound of gunfire. Soon the entire house was riddled with bullets. One lay dead, the other wounded, body and soul.

Dead is @Lupin21, who was Daisy Buchanan, a lover

It is now Day 3. Lynch close is 10pm EDT/7pm Fantasy Time

14 Players Remain

1. @SARdoghandler
2. @SnowshoeDog143
3. @WonderingStudent
4. @Animal Midwife
5. @Melchizedek
6. @PippyPony
7. @genny
9. @BigCats
10. @EngrSC
11. @Barkley13
12. @dolphin106258
13. @mizchiefmanaged
14. @jenjen2020

Dead Zone

Alissa, Wolf, Janitor
Cubs- Car, Transporter
mpm - Chanel No. 5, Time Traveller
kata - Penicillin, Healer
lupin - Daisy Buchanan, Lover​
 
When she said someone put something in her drink and she felt sick, I thought she meant that she was blocked N1, but...nope

My vision is going dark & I have a hunch my osmol gap is widening to concerning levels (although that probably wasn't even a thing in the 1920s), so if anyone wants to share any last words with me, do it today before I croak
 
I had BC leaning village, but she gets a side eye now because I think it would be up her alley to target me right after I started going after Kata. Nice tidy sense of continuity there.

And I know she probably has a hunch about who Lupin's love bug is.
 
Also, because my death is now a foregone conclusion with Kata's death --

I broke the tie. Wonder still could very well have an avoidance, but it was not what saved her yesterday.

Don't think that will necessarily help people much with decision making, but there it is

(and sorry mpm, I had stronger feels on you at the time. womp.)
 
Oh good. @SARdoghandler if you can't sleep, can you clear something up for me?

You said in this post that you're in support of a dolphin lynch because of VCA and because you "don't like where she sat at the end":
Dolph is mostly based off of VCA at this point tbh. She knows that her wolf meta is typically seen as lurking so the lack of participation isn't something I'd necessarily expect on a wolf outing from her. But like I said, I'm not a huge fan of where she sat at the end.

But -- you were voting for the same person (or trying to):

lynch snowy
Unlynch am

lynch snowy


Edit: too late

So I'm confused why you think her vote for Snowy was wolfy, because it's the same vote as yours.

And it can't be the timing or delivery that bothers you, because both votes were thrown out late and without any real time justification attached, soooo what's the dealio
 
Also, because my death is now a foregone conclusion with Kata's death --

I broke the tie. Wonder still could very well have an avoidance, but it was not what saved her yesterday.

Don't think that will necessarily help people much with decision making, but there it is

(and sorry mpm, I had stronger feels on you at the time. womp.)
The one game where I can trust Lupin, and she gets shot. I’m dead soon too! By lynch close I think?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I had BC leaning village, but she gets a side eye now because I think it would be up her alley to target me right after I started going after Kata. Nice tidy sense of continuity there.

And I know she probably has a hunch about who Lupin's love bug is.
... pippy I’ll be real with you, I’m flattered that you esteem my wolfing skills so highly after the disaster that was our game, but I am so confused about this whole post.
 
Oh good. @SARdoghandler if you can't sleep, can you clear something up for me?

You said in this post that you're in support of a dolphin lynch because of VCA and because you "don't like where she sat at the end":


But -- you were voting for the same person (or trying to):




So I'm confused why you think her vote for Snowy was wolfy, because it's the same vote as yours.

And it can't be the timing or delivery that bothers you, because both votes were thrown out late and without any real time justification attached, soooo what's the dealio

Because I re-evaluated my stance on Snowy and decided that there may have been a wolf on her as an attempt to create a counter wagon to Alissa since voting for Barks may have been too noticeable. My reads changed and therefore so did my feelings about the lynch I was on.