The Watering Hole (social)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
What I take from this is that from now on every night someone has to take a turn reading us a HP-fanfic bedtime story.
If you're willing to broaden your horizons to fanfic in general I have some absolutely terrible SpongeBob ones to share. Among many others across all genres and fandoms.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I figured as much. I promise I wasn't trying to stalk you, I was just reading old threads and noticed the first person to reply to the one I was reading was you
I don't mind being stalked. :) But yeah, a minute after I answered, I was like, "that's really random; it's been a long time since I posted on the forums there."

Members don't see this ad :)
If you're willing to broaden your horizons to fanfic in general I have some absolutely terrible SpongeBob ones to share. Among many others across all genres and fandoms.
You're just cementing your position as my favorite child right now

I still can't believe you have on a tshirt at 52. It is 48 here, I have on a sweater, and I am still cold.
I would call you a baby but when I lived in Phoenix I used to wear sweaters and jackets when it was 100+ degrees out so I think I'm not allowed.

In my defense I am fairly certain I am either a reptile or a cat in that I demand to be warm at all times.

Reactions: 5 users
I would call you a baby but when I lived in Phoenix I used to wear sweaters and jackets when it was 100+ degrees out so I think I'm not allowed.

In my defense I am fairly certain I am either a reptile or a cat in that I demand to be warm at all times.
I 100% would accept being called a baby for it. We have the nicest winters in the country and I still can't handle them. :p

Yeah you are crazy. At 90+ you wear short shorts, a tank top, and then try (and fail) to not die and melt into a puddle.

Reactions: 2 users
"Sandy said a prayer in her head even though Religion is illegal now, she never wanted to forget God no matter what the State said about him."

Reactions: 1 users
I 100% would accept being called a baby for it. We have the nicest winters in the country and I still can't handle them. :p

Yeah you are crazy. At 90+ you wear short shorts, a tank top, and then try (and fail) to not die and melt into a puddle.
I used to wear all of the above and turn on the heated seats in the car at those temps.

Reactions: 3 users
We were in Arizona in June, it was 100 degree weather, and my loser family had the car ac up so high that I was legitimately in danger of frostbite. I turned my controls to a low heat setting (low heat! it's not even that bad) just so I wouldn't die, and now they won't let me live it down that I had the heat on in Arizona. I really hate being cold.

I would like it to be colder thank you.

I'm tired of mud. :yeahright:
Yo same. I was saying it was weird. I do like it being a little bit colder. Like why is it raining in January wtf.
I still can't believe you have on a tshirt at 52. It is 48 here, I have on a sweater, and I am still cold.
WEAK.

I wear sweatshirts in the summer while riding a horse even if it's 80 out. And then I do capris or long shorts when it's 50 out. What even is my body.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yo same. I was saying it was weird. I do like it being a little bit colder. Like why is it raining in January wtf.

WEAK.

I wear sweatshirts in the summer while riding a horse even if it's 80 out. And then I do capris or long shorts when it's 50 out. What even is my body.

Go home you're drunk. At least your body is all the time.

Reactions: 3 users
I used to do sweatshirts when it was outright hot out and as it got colder I added in layers until I was just in a bed for months on end. I figured I'd come out when it was warm again.

CO has broken my thermostat so now it's more normal. I still sleep with my heated blanket set to high though.

We were in Arizona in June, it was 100 degree weather, and my loser family had the car ac up so high that I was legitimately in danger of frostbite. I turned my controls to a low heat setting (low heat! it's not even that bad) just so I wouldn't die, and now they won't let me live it down that I had the heat on in Arizona. I really hate being cold.
Me at 70 degrees: shirt, hoodie sweatshirt, jacket, heat set to medium

Everyone I ride in the car with at 70 degrees: short sleeves, A/C on max

Apropos of drunk thread: my mom has been seized by the sudden desire to use up creme de cacao, creme de menthe, and an egg yolk, without using any marshmallows. We're inventing grasshopper pudding, I believe.

Reactions: 6 users
Apropos of drunk thread: my mom has been seized by the sudden desire to use up creme de cacao, creme de menthe, and an egg yolk, without using any marshmallows. We're inventing grasshopper pudding, I believe.
Now revised to be alcoholic chocolate mint pudding.

I used to do sweatshirts when it was outright hot out and as it got colder I added in layers until I was just in a bed for months on end. I figured I'd come out when it was warm again.

CO has broken my thermostat so now it's more normal. I still sleep with my heated blanket set to high though.
I sleep with 8 blankets in the summer and am currently using 2 in the winter. The thermostat is the same temperature year round.
My body's system is jacked up.

I sleep with 8 blankets in the summer and am currently using 2 in the winter. The thermostat is the same temperature year round.
My body's system is jacked up.
I sleep with my giant comforter and a few blankets all year around. In the summer I just have fans pointed at me so I don't get heat stroke :p

So. Apparently my sister is trying to register all of her pets as emotional support animals. All four cats. Apparently she tasked my dad with registering the two dogs as his ESAs. :bang:

We'll see how that goes for her.

Im afraid to open it incase it crushes my dreams. I end up kicking covers off when I'm sleeping if I get too hot. I just need to be all snuggled up to fall asleep.
It's a Korean superstition, sleeping with fans on at night won't actually kill you. But there is an entire country of people who would actively panic if you told them you do this. :laugh:

It's a Korean superstition, sleeping with fans on at night won't actually kill you. But there is an entire country of people who would actively panic if you told them you do this. :laugh:
I was more worried it was going to be stories of fans getting over heated and catching fire or something haha

So. Apparently my sister is trying to register all of her pets as emotional support animals. All four cats. Apparently she tasked my dad with registering the two dogs as his ESAs. :bang:

We'll see how that goes for her.
My sister wanted to do this with her dog because she waited too late and couldn't find a pet friendly apartment. So then my lovely dad offered to forge a note from a doctor so she could give that to her leasing office. The man use to be a lawyer. No wonder he was disbarred.

One of his many lovely features and why I don't talk to him often.

Reactions: 4 users
My sister wanted to do this with her dog because she waited too late and couldn't find a pet friendly apartment. So then my lovely dad offered to forge a note from a doctor so she could give that to her leasing office. The man use to be a lawyer. No wonder he was disbarred.

What's ironic is my sister probably would benefit from an ESA or even an actual service animal. She has a lot of mental health stuff as well as anxiety and PTSD. I'm just baffled right now, although I am almost certain she is doing it so she can live in apartments that don't allow pets (or, more realistically, don't allow six pets in an apartment).

Also my god, forging a doctor's note is all kinds of not okay. Say what you want about lawyers but folks in that profession take ethics and integrity very seriously and if your father did other stuff like this I am also not surprised that he was disbarred.

Also my god, forging a doctor's note is all kinds of not okay. Say what you want about lawyers but folks in that profession take ethics and integrity very seriously and if your father did other stuff like this I am also not surprised that he was disbarred.
Oh, that man has very questionable ethics and I try very hard to not associate closely with him. His sister isn't much better. Might be worse.

I really want to know why he was disbarred but I can't find the court records. Maybe @Trilt could put her sleuthing to good use :p

Reactions: 5 users
Oh, that man has very questionable ethics and I try very hard to not associate closely with him. His sister isn't much better. Might be worse.

I really want to know why he was disbarred but I can't find the court records. Maybe @Trilt could put her sleuthing to good use :p
My mom could probably help too. We have a family friend who went to prison (this was before any of us ever met him) and he was always very quiet about it and never said what he went in for. My mom did some digging one day and discovered court documents revealing he was part of a conspiracy to steal several thousand dollars worth of exotic birds. I think he had some armed robbery charges too from related bird stealing incidents.

My mom could probably help too. We have a family friend who went to prison (this was before any of us ever met him) and he was always very quiet about it and never said what he went in for. My mom did some digging one day and discovered court documents revealing he was part of a conspiracy to steal several thousand dollars worth of exotic birds. I think he had some armed robbery charges too from related bird stealing incidents.
I'm just not sure what state it happened in. He was liscensed to practice in three states and took clients from all of them :laugh:

Also it's noon and I'm done with everything I need to do for class for this week. What is this.

OKAY SO I WORK IN AN ORTHODONTIC OFFICE AND ONE OF THE ORTHO TECHS FOUND THIS THING IN A DRAWER THAT IS AN ALTERNATIVE TO THE REGULAR CHEEK RETRACTORS AND THE PICTURE LOOKS STRAIGHT UP OUT IF A HORROR MOVIE.

image.jpeg

Now you can stay up for bedtime stories.
I probably shouldn't since I didn't fall asleep till like 3 and got up at 7. But I'm all about making responsible adult choices.

OKAY SO I WORK IN AN ORTHODONTIC OFFICE AND ONE OF THE ORTHO TECHS FOUND THIS THING IN A DRAWER THAT IS AN ALTERNATIVE TO THE REGULAR CHEEK RETRACTORS AND THE PICTURE LOOKS STRAIGHT UP OUT IF A HORROR MOVIE.

View attachment 213599
This kid looks like a plecostomus lol

Can I curate the bed time stories? The earlier conversation sent me on a long spiral and I've been reading bad fanfic for the last hour.

Pretty sure "good" fanfic doesn't exist

Pretty sure "good" fanfic doesn't exist
You would actually be surprised. Some people take fanfic very seriously and I've found some that were longer than most published books.

Then again, if I found a good apple in a barrel full of rotten apple-flavored condoms I wouldn't exactly call it a good apple.

You would actually be surprised. Some people take fanfic very seriously and I've found some that were longer than most published books.

Then again, if I found a good apple in a barrel full of rotten apple-flavored condoms I wouldn't exactly call it a good apple.

I mean. It'd be easy to pick out the difference between apples and condoms visually. Unless the condoms you're usually are super weird, they're pretty different

I mean. It'd be easy to pick out the difference between apples and condoms visually. Unless the condoms you're usually are super weird, they're pretty different
I'm not concerned about finding the apple, I'm just saying I certainly wouldn't eat it.