The Watering Hole (social)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Would y'all be interested in watching Monty Python and The Holy Grail? I'm in the mood for a comedy with a ... high dollar budget. ;)

giphy.gif

@SkiOtter

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Water water everywhere and all the drops to drink

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
This reminds me, when I was driving in CO today I saw a bear crossing sign on the interstate, but no Bear :/ Maybe he was hungover?

I was so fast I flew right in front of ya!

wwhw6sP.png

Rabbit 101

What is Rabbit?

Rabbit is a website where you can stream videos/music/etc together with a group. This means SDN movie nights have become very common! There is a chat feature (viewable if you click the text box icon in the bottom right corner) and ability to use both mics and webcams to talk.

What/when do you watch things?
Most nights there is a rabbit room running; check the Watering Hole and usually someone will have posted a link to the one being used that evening. Most of the time we watch movies (Disney is well loved) but sometimes will listen to music, practice presentations, pretend to study... depends on the night! We always welcome new faces.

How do I sign up?
When you go to somebody's room, you should see "Sign Up" in the bottom left corner. Make an account; be warned, Rabbit uses what you put in as "First Name" as your handle (so visible to everybody!), so I recommend putting your username there instead. (My real name is "Trilt Sloth" according to Rabbit, haha). I recommend not connecting it with facebook for that same reason.

Miscellaneous Things
In the middle bottom of the screen, there is a volume slider; next to it is a little icon that says "LD" or "HD." As long as you're on a good internet connection and not using data, click it and pick "HD" for a significantly better viewing experience.

While Rabbit has webcam and mic options, don't worry; you're not obligated to use them. There are many people who only use the chat box! If you do want to chat or turn on video, you simply click the appropriate icons next to your bubble. This will turn the icon orange, meaning it's "on." You can also click on the icons of other people in the room if you would like to mute them (this is very helpful if someone starts to have feedback during a movie).

And lastly, be warned - given the chance, you may find yourself soon spending much too much time watching videos with internet friends. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: 10 users
Better?
wwhw6sP.png

Rabbit 101

What is Rabbit?

Rabbit is a website where you can stream videos/music/etc together with a group. This means SDN movie nights have become very common! There is a chat feature (viewable if you click the text box icon in the bottom right corner) and ability to use both mics and webcams to talk.

What/when do you watch things?
Most nights there is a rabbit room running; check the Watering Hole and usually someone will have posted a link to the one being used that evening. Most of the time we watch movies (Disney is well loved) but sometimes will listen to music, practice presentations, pretend to study... depends on the night! We always welcome new faces.

How do I sign up?
When you go to somebody's room, you should see "Sign Up" in the bottom left corner. Make an account; be warned, Rabbit uses what you put in as "First Name" as your handle (so visible to everybody!), so I recommend putting your username there instead. (My real name is "Trilt Sloth" according to Rabbit, haha). I recommend not connecting it with facebook for that same reason.

Miscellaneous Things
In the middle bottom of the screen, there is a volume slider; next to it is a little icon that says "LD" or "HD." As long as you're on a good internet connection and not using data, click it and pick "HD" for a significantly better viewing experience.

While Rabbit has webcam and mic options, don't worry; you're not obligated to use them. There are many people who only use the chat box! If you do want to chat or turn on video, you simply click the appropriate icons next to your bubble. This will turn the icon orange, meaning it's "on." You can also click on the icons of other people in the room if you would like to mute them (this is very helpful if someone starts to have feedback during a movie).

And lastly, be warned - given the chance, you may find yourself soon spending much too much time watching videos with internet friends. ;)
I like I like

Careful, remember she wanted a Bear rug. She'd probably be okay with a few tire tracks.
Gonna be honest, I'd even be okay if the way I died was by hitting a bear at high speeds on the freeway so long as this fact is mentioned in my obituary and on my headstone. It's just too metal of an opportunity to pass up.

Reactions: 5 users
I'm sorry. :( that's so hard

It's necessary unless I want to drop her off at 4am tomorrow (which I don't and I'm sure my friend doesn't want either). I won't notice too much. More packing and prepping to do and then flying out early tomorrow morning. It's just weird to have a dogless house

"My name is Dean Winchester. I'm an Aquarius. I enjoy sunsets, long walks on the beach, and frisky women."

Groomer: "Oh yeah, [HRH] was super sweet the entire time! I mean. I did have to put her in the kennel at one point..."

Me: "And?"

Groomer: "She kind of started howling a lot."

Me: "Yeah...I kind of guessed she might do that."

Groomer: "But she was super sweet the rest of the time!"

Groomer: "Oh yeah, [HRH] was super sweet the entire time! I mean. I did have to put her in the kennel at one point..."

Me: "And?"

Groomer: "She kind of started howling a lot."

Me: "Yeah...I kind of guessed she might do that."

Groomer: "But she was super sweet the rest of the time!"
Poor HRH!

Sent from my SM-G935V using SDN mobile

I'm currently sleeping in a king sized bed with just me and a 13.5 lb Shih Tzu. Oh man. This **** is nice. I could get used to having all this space!

a2c9ad7bcf1dc2220010347928c83912.jpg

@JaynaAli we never got Winston pictures. </3 how is the puppers?

I got onto rabbit for a few minutes that night but you didn't seem to be around right then and I was tired so I didn't sick around. He's good...was excited to see me for like a minute. Maybe two. There's a canine influenza outbreak here so we've been banned from bringing our own dogs to work with us for a month, and their respiratory isolation is in a separate building right by where we walked in every day so I don't want to chance it. Photo tonight!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I got onto rabbit for a few minutes that night but you didn't seem to be around right then and I was tired so I didn't sick around. He's good...was excited to see me for like a minute. Maybe two. There's a canine influenza outbreak here so we've been banned from bringing our own dogs to work with us for a month, and their respiratory isolation is in a separate building right by where we walked in every day so I don't want to chance it. Photo tonight!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Oh no!!!!! That's not good (about the canine influenza outbreak). Yeah I agree, don't risk it! Glad he was excited to see you, if only momentarily!

You have no idea how much I wanted to post that last night but I've been banished and I'm attempting to be good :angelic:
You're probably gonna keep getting banished until you play :p

Dude, if you want I can be your training wheels for the next WW game you play in. I'd be willing to give you Force ghost advice.

9dc7ea6aa5728a58c5df6211978d70af.gif

Reactions: 3 users
I always survive to end game and wish I wouldn't because I'm not good at it lol
Doing such is a more recent development for me, and I have decided I miss the days when I died midgame.

Well, as a villager anyway. Fine with it when I'm a wolf :smuggrin:

I made it to endgame once, with DocE (alpha wolf) and Rojo (chaos) and two other villagers whose names I don't remember. Did not go well for me.

I think I can handle it until day 5 or so, then I start to get antsy. The recent development of killing me N1 or 2 sucks.